Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,880 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations (7615 Views)

Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities / *~ Chamber2 Voted The Career Section Poster Of The Year 2011~* Congratulations! / *~ Ajanlekoko Voted Career Section's Best Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by AjanleKoko: 4:15am On Aug 31, 2010
Hey All,
I'd like to get comments from regulars and visitors alike:

- What do you like about the Career Section?

- What don't you like about it?

- What are topics you'd like to see more often?

- Any complaints against the moderators, or any other contributor?

And any other stuff you want to discuss. Feel free to post here.
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by snthesis(m): 2:22pm On Aug 31, 2010
sorry this is a bit off topic, are u d author of "workshop on contract administration and project management"?
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by bimballer: 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2010
Wonder why there arent any interview related materials on here. I think it will be of great benefit to focus a bit more on interviews in this section. Interviews are so structured these days that one can not just turn up with a bag full of Bsc, MA, P.hd Applied Iwelogy and hope to get the position.

There is a method to the whole process now. A method that has to be recognised and learnt. A method if learnt and followed at the interview will ultimately lead to one acing any interview any where. Or at least reduce the number of interviews before securing a place.

Im certain a lot of people know where am coming from and can feel me on this issue
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by DisGuy: 3:59am On Sep 06, 2010
subscribing

brb
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by AjanleKoko: 8:04am On Sep 06, 2010
bimballer:

Wonder why there arent any interview related materials on here. I think it will be of great benefit to focus a bit more on interviews in this section. Interviews are so structured these days that one can not just turn up with a bag full of Bsc, MA, P.hd Applied Iwelogy and hope to get the position.

There is a method to the whole process now. A method that has to be recognised and learnt. A method if learnt and followed at the interview will ultimately lead to one acing any interview any where. Or at least reduce the number of interviews before securing a place.

Im certain a lot of people know where am coming from and can feel me on this issue

I'll put something up this week on interviews, from my experience.
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by flaminhart(m): 10:17am On Sep 17, 2010
how come every time i make a post, you always delete my posts, without even informing me of what i have done wrong. maybe this one too will be deleted because of reasons best known to you!

if you to delete, do so but tell the person what he did wrong so he doesn't repeat it and take me off your blacklist.
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by AjanleKoko: 10:26am On Sep 17, 2010
flaminhart:

how come every time i make a post, you always delete my posts, without even informing me of what i have done wrong. maybe this one too will be deleted because of reasons best known to you!

if you to delete, do so but tell the person what he did wrong so he doesn't repeat it and take me off your blacklist.

Well, have you read the Nairaland Rules and Regulations? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1026.0.html
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by abinibi: 11:27am On Oct 17, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Well, have you read the Nairaland Rules and Regulations? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1026.0.html

I post on Logistics/SCM thread and I have a concern that the kind of experience I have which is disappearing posts may really have nothing to do with violtaing NL rules,its frustrating and discourages me most times when I want to respond to posts by members on the thread cause my post do not appear 3 out of every 4 times I posted.On my last occasion I posted a response 3 times as they do not appear after each attempt, only for all the three posts to show some few days later.

I do not not think this is an issues of NL rules but quality issues,can you address this issue of disappearing posts as this would enhance contributors NL experience.
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by abinibi: 2:41pm On Oct 27, 2010
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by Tochex101(m): 6:51pm On Nov 11, 2010
I enjoy the career section and have gained immeasurable knowledge from you guys who find time to give your support.I would also love to read more on other careers such as architecture,nursing,teaching etc and i think AJANLEKOKO is doing a good job moderating this section.
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 17, 2010
It would be nice to have a kind of mini series on different areas of the work place environment like boss-subordinate relationship management, performance and reward, experienced job search must knows, mentorship, knowledge sharing sessions and sharing of work place experiences(good,bad and ugly, someone always learns from them), my tots for now.
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by chamber2(m): 5:53pm On Feb 06, 2011
It will be nice if the career section is provided with a search facility that will enable users gain asses to topics previously discussed without having to go through each topic one after the other.The user simply enters the keyword and a rang of topics related to that will be provide and he/she can make his choice from the list.This make old information available and it also saves time.
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by waqasibrm: 10:05pm On Feb 11, 2011
A very informative topic for newcomer and those who wanna increase there career opportunities.

Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by oakpm: 2:12pm On Mar 21, 2011
Hi, i think you can really improve your career with a training on Project Management. It is a training that cuts across all fields, considering the fact that all companies in all sectors in the economy embark on projects. So there is always a need for a project management initiative. After i took the course, i actually discovered that it helps in enhancing your career in areas like
Cost Management
Time Management
Risk Management
Human Resource Management
Quality Management
Communication Management
Scope Management e.t.c
In short it is a win-win situation.
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by jobradar(m): 9:46pm On Mar 25, 2011
What if one contributes articles that feel this need? I believe with little help and persuasion one came up with well researched articles that could improve the career section.
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by ufumes(m): 10:27am On Apr 04, 2011
members and visitors can be encouraged to share their job search experiences with others
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by Paulo1980: 5:24pm On Apr 28, 2011
Please focus your topics on job search and interview advice like this website http://www.careerpointkenya.com/
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by ladivero: 1:00am On May 13, 2011
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by webbiz9ja: 3:05pm On May 18, 2011
To be honest I don't think we have to keep looking for Jobs daily when we can simply earn some good money with our natural talents sometimes we also have to think that this Job we are looking for were created by people with the same mind set like us, only difference i see is our state of mind so for me I want to create JOBS!
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by chuks2612: 5:28pm On May 19, 2011
I Am Now A Certified Pmp---project Management Professional

Dear All,
Celebrate with me,I am now a certified PMP---project management professional certified by PMI---project management institute--USA having met the requirement ---passing the PMP exam.I made it just few days ago.
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by AjanleKoko: 10:13am On May 20, 2011
^^
Welcome to the club.
There's a PMP Certified thread somewhere. Let me dig it up.
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by policeMEN: 1:22am On Jul 06, 2011
sad sad sad
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by yamakuza: 2:06pm On Jul 13, 2011
@mods:

'A good IT training' topic in the career adverts section nees moving.

Cheers!
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by policeMEN: 5:21am On Jul 15, 2011
Cheers mate! cheesy
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by UpDates1(m): 8:20am On Jul 25, 2011
:-x :-x :-x :-x
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by policeMEN: 2:06am On Jul 29, 2011
Maybe you could make subthread to a specific thread in the Career Section or something, just an idea.
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by princyluv(f): 12:23am On Aug 25, 2011
Am non-practicing computer engr with a passion in law & business.

Am asking Nairalanders for an advice in taking law as a career now dat am 31 and still single.

Pls drop ur views about this here.

Thanks,
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by AjanleKoko: 9:19am On Aug 25, 2011
princyluv:

Am non-practicing computer engr with a passion in law & business.

Am asking Nairalanders for an advice in taking law as a career now dat am 31 and still single.

Pls drop your views about this here.

Thanks,

I think you should open a thread about that. This thread is for suggestions on how we can improve the Career section.
Thanks.
Re: Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations by expert101(m): 6:31pm On Sep 18, 2011
It will be good if some sections are added that can aid people with better ideas on how to get a job#

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Info On Nov 2012 Ican Result / PESTLE Analysis / How Lucrative Is Environmental Resources Management In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.