Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Don’t Dare Ojukwu –apga Warns Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Dare Ojukwu –apga Warns Jonathan (963 Views)

Call Your Wife To Order, Group Warns Jonathan / Tinubu Warns Jonathan Against Fani-kayode / Don't Contest 2015 Election- Prophet Warns Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Dare Ojukwu –apga Warns Jonathan by chyz(m): 11:13am On Aug 31, 2010
[size=18pt]Don’t dare Ojukwu –APGA warns Jonathan
[/size]
From PETRUS OBI, Enugu

National Chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Chief Victor Umeh has warned President Jonathan and his PDP to steer clear of Anambra State as the party is ready to fight to protect the mandate which the people gave to Mr. Peter Obi in the last election.

Umeh, who addressed a press conference in Enugu, Monday against the backdrop of attempt by the PDP to take over the entire South-eastern states, also warned that any attempt to claim Anambra would amount to an attempt on former Biafran leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu whichwould not be tolerated.

The APGA chairman, who was particularly concerned with the utterances credited to President Jonathan over the weekend in Abia State where Governor T.A Orji defected to the PDP, that Anambra State would be next, warned that the people would resist such an intimidation.

He urged Dr. Jonathan not to dissipate energy trying to annex the South-east but to first of all solve the problems in his own home front if he wanted to run for presidency in the 2011 general elections.
Said he: “That is a wishful thinking; Jonathan should learn from Obasanjo, who in his brute dictatorship could not conquer Anambra State under the control of APGA. So for him to begin to imagine that the state will join the PDP so soon is a very wrong calculation on his part. One is that Mr. Peter Obi who is governor of Anambra State today is holding a sacred mandate of the people given to APGA, Governor Obi, and principally, to Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu.

“If you go through the longest road running through Awka today you will still see Ojukwu’s billboards with Obi, ‘this is my last wish’ vote for him. Our people voted for APGA, Ojukwu in the main and then Peter Obi as an instrument. So it’s not something anybody can stay somewhere and think he can takeover. All the things Obasanjo did to destroy APGA failed due to our resistance; he even admonished the Igbo to stop following Ojukwu’s party. So this time around, the last thing Goodluck can achieve is taking over Anambra State, he cannot do that. Governor Obi on his own cannot join the PDP with this mandate he has now; that mandate is the most sacred mandate in Nigeria; it is the only one, anybody can safely say that was given by the people.

“From what we have read in recent times it is obvious that his own backyard is leaking, so if he is serious about bidding for the presidency he should go back home to patch-up his backyard instead of being desperate to annex the whole of Igbo land. It is not the way to get the support of Igbo people by intimidation and force; it has not worked for anybody in the past and it will not work this time around.

On T.A Oji’s defection, Umeh said the Abia governor “is confused and we shall look for a man of valour who will fly our flag for the governorship election in Abia State.He has a personal right to join any political party but in doing that is expected to be very firm and decisive.

“On his invitation, Ojukwu went to receive him in Umuahia alongside the governor of Anambra on July 2; that he can within so short a time make a u-turn, he has in-advertently slighted Dim Chukwuma Odimegwu Ojukwu who we hold in very high esteem in Igbo land by telling the people that he had to join the PDP on the directive of President Jonathan. What he simply exhibited is lack of courage. And portrayed Igbo as slaves in Nigeria and I want to say that Igbo are not slaves and we can never be slaves; nobody can take Igbo by force the way Governor Orji made it to look. By abandoning Ojukwu and pitching his tent with Jonathan the way he presented it, what it shows is that he doesn’t have the courage to stand on anything Igbo.”

On Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo’s assertion that APGA was a village party, the APGA boss challenged his PDP colleague to name the parties those prominent Abia leaders belonged to at their time. “Dr. M.I Okpara who was the premier of the Eastern Region and the greatest Igbo man from Abia State was a member of the NCNC; Okwesilieze Nwodo’s father served M.I Okpara in the government of NCNC.
So if NCNC cannot be described as a village party but was able to impact in the lives of the people of Eastern Region, the people who made it happen then never belonged to an amorphous party like PDP; it could be said that Nwodo lost his head when he couldn’t remember historical records.

The PDP which Nwodo is leading is an amorphous party and it doesn’t represent anything in Nigeria.”
Also Reacting to recent endorsement of presidential aspirants in the zone, Chief Umeh said; “I was with Ojukwu in Dallas USA and we monitored all these developments in the internet and we were laughing away because if you look at the endorsements being paraded you will know that Igbo have not endorsed anybody. These endorsements were procured by those being endorsed and in a period of hunger and joblessness in Nigeria people are ready to do anything for money.

“Ojukwu will come back in the next one week from his vacation and when he returns APGA will hold a leadership meeting to review all the shenanigans going on in the Igbo land politically and he will be speaking to our people. And I am sure when he speaks the people will respect him because they know where he is coming from all these people running round the streets are doing that because Ojukwu is not at home. And they are also sending people to Ojukwu to secure his support but one thing is very clear, Ojukwu is not looking for anything in Nigeria today except the uplift of the generality of the people.
APGA as a political party will play the lead in determining who becomes president and anybody looking for support in the South-east must get the nod of APGA.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/aug/31/national-31-08-2010-006.htm
Re: Don’t Dare Ojukwu –apga Warns Jonathan by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 31, 2010
Please who is Ojukwu?
Re: Don’t Dare Ojukwu –apga Warns Jonathan by EzeUche(m): 12:11pm On Aug 31, 2010
nikkykay:

Please who is Ojukwu?

Ojukwu is still the Igbo most respected leader. That is who!
Re: Don’t Dare Ojukwu –apga Warns Jonathan by calyx: 12:17pm On Aug 31, 2010
nikkykay:

Please who is Ojukwu?

[url=http://Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia]Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

Am sure this link will tell you everything you may want to know
Re: Don’t Dare Ojukwu –apga Warns Jonathan by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 31, 2010
calyx:

[url=http://Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia]Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

Quite frankly if I am Jonathan, I will be more worried about Bayelsa, Rivers, Edo and Delta States than the South East. These states in the South South represent 67% of South South.

Jonathan does not have 67% of South South in the bag. I honestly have no clue why he is loosing sleep over South East.?
Re: Don’t Dare Ojukwu –apga Warns Jonathan by MetalGong4: 11:34pm On Aug 31, 2010
mikeansy:

Quite frankly if I am Jonathan, I will be more worried about Bayelsa, Rivers, Edo and Delta States than the South East. These states in the South South represent 67% of South South.

Jonathan does not have 67% of South South in the bag. I honestly have no clue why he is loosing sleep over South East.?

Thats why he was told to patch his leaking backyard first before embarking on conquering SouthEast.
Re: Don’t Dare Ojukwu –apga Warns Jonathan by seanet03: 9:36am On Sep 01, 2010
MetalGong4:

Thats why he was told to patch his leaking backyard first before embarking on conquering SouthEast.
how many times are you going to commit suicide before learning Good lessons? metal

WHEN LAST DID AN INCUMBENT PREISDENT LOST AN ELECTION IN NIGERIA?
Re: Don’t Dare Ojukwu –apga Warns Jonathan by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 01, 2010
EzeUche:

Ojukwu is still the Igbo most respected leader. That is who!
calyx:

What are the things he has done to improved his pple, SE economy apart from the biafra war he fought and failed to win?If i can remmeber it was becos of that war that SE pple are still backward in some areas like eduation today.WHat impart does he have on his pple?I was talking to one ibi friend and he blamed ojukwu for lack of most pple in their generation didnt go to school.
Ojukwu to me shld go and sit down.Am very sure the pple praising him are the ibos from anambra and enugu.Can he make apga win other SE sates apart from anambra?So who the hell is he then if u can even capture the whole SE?
Re: Don’t Dare Ojukwu –apga Warns Jonathan by MetalGong4: 12:18pm On Sep 01, 2010
nikkykay:

What are the things he has done to improved his pple, SE economy apart from the biafra war he fought and failed to win?If i can remmeber it was becos of that war that SE pple are still backward in some areas like eduation today.WHat impart does he have on his pple?I was talking to one[b] ibi [/b] friend and he blamed ojukwu for lack of most pple in their generation didnt go to school.
Ojukwu to me shld go and sit down.Am very sure the pple praising him are the ibos from anambra and enugu.Can he make apga win other SE sates apart from anambra?So who the hell is he then if u can even capture the whole SE?

You are a disgrace . . .

First of all, you need to go back to primary school and learn how to couple a  sentence. . . .  At least, with that under your belt, you would be able to attack Ojukwu clearly.

BTW . . What is[b] ibi[/b]? Nna gi adara ibi? . . lipsrsealed
Re: Don’t Dare Ojukwu –apga Warns Jonathan by EzeUche(m): 1:42pm On Sep 01, 2010
nikkykay:

What are the things he has done to improved his pple, SE economy apart from the biafra war he fought and failed to win?If i can remmeber it was becos of that war that SE pple are still backward in some areas like eduation today.WHat impart does he have on his pple?I was talking to one ibi friend and he blamed ojukwu for lack of most pple in their generation didnt go to school.

What?

Ojukwu is the most widely respected Igbo man throughout all of Alaigbo. When he came to Abia, he was greeted by adoring admirers, when he came to Imo, he was greeted by adoring admirers, when he went to Ebonyi, he was given a warm reception so what are you trying to say?
Re: Don’t Dare Ojukwu –apga Warns Jonathan by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2010
MetalGong4:

You are a disgrace . . .

First of all, you need to go back to primary school and learn how to couple a sentence. . . . At least, with that under your belt, you would be able to attack Ojukwu clearly.

BTW . . What is[b] ibi[/b]? Nna gi adara ibi? . . lipsrsealed
Boy, ibi, ibo, ibp whatever ur pple may be called, i still dont see his relevance in or the positive impart he has made in ur zone.U can check out my region and see the impacts of elders.The only thing i can see that he has done to u pple is that he has made u to be tribalistic in nature.That war really has negative impact on u pple. Am not here to debate.Just here to drop my opinion.
So grow up boy.
Re: Don’t Dare Ojukwu –apga Warns Jonathan by MetalGong4: 2:57pm On Sep 01, 2010
nikkykay:

Boy, ibi, ibo, ibp whatever your pple may be called, i still dont see his relevance in or the positive impart he has made in your zone.U can check out my region and see the impacts of elder[/b]s.The only thing i can see that he has done to u pple is that he has made u to be tribalistic in nature.That war really has negative impact on u pple. Am not here to debate.Just here to drop my opinion.
So grow up boy.

nikkykay:

[b]What are the things he has done to improved his pple, SE economy apart from the biafra war he fought and failed to win?If i can remmeber it was becos of that war that SE pple are still backward in some areas like eduation today.WHat impart does he have on his pple?I was talking to one ibi friend and he blamed ojukwu for lack of most pple in their generation didnt go to school.

I guess your inability to spell and construct a simple sentence are the impacts your so called elders had on you . . . .

From your posts, it is obvious that the only thing you gained from your elders was an air brain . . . Your mental condition is really a pitiable one . sad

BTW can you tell us the name of this developed region (cave) where you went to school.
Re: Don’t Dare Ojukwu –apga Warns Jonathan by chosen04(f): 6:04pm On Sep 01, 2010
seanet03:

how many times are you going to commit suicide before learning Good lessons? metal

WHEN LAST DID AN INCUMBENT[b] PREISDENT LOST AN ELECTION IN NIGERIA?
[/b]

When will this 'free education dude' learn to make a simple sentence? . . . . . . . Awo's descendant indeed!
Re: Don’t Dare Ojukwu –apga Warns Jonathan by Afam4eva(m): 7:48pm On Sep 01, 2010
So, all the talk about Okukwu endorsing Babangida was false. Na waoo.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: The Warning Strike Has Been Suspended / Aregbesola Talks Tough / 32 Trucks And Buses Filled With Troops Sent Yesterday To Jos To Beef Up Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.