Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Dstv Compact Plus - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dstv Compact Plus (11502 Views)

Champions League On Dstv Compact? / Dstv Compact Vs Premium / EPL Returns To Supersport3 For Subscribers On DSTV Compact Plus From Dec 1 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv Compact Plus by Kx: 12:06pm On Aug 31, 2010
Dstv has introduced dstv compact plus for sports loving viewers with the addition of SS7 and SS10 basically into the former dstv compact bouquet.
Cost=N6800 monthly subscription.
http://www.dstvafrica.com/dstvafrica/content/en/nigeria/nigeria_news?oid=44105&sn=Detail&pid=4901

How do u guys see this?
Re: Dstv Compact Plus by honeric01(m): 12:13pm On Aug 31, 2010
So 2,300 naira extra for just 2 extra channels or what?
Re: Dstv Compact Plus by femo7(m): 4:19pm On Aug 31, 2010
It is just too expensive.

Even with N6800, no access to any of MM1, MM2, Mnet star, TCM, etc.

I suggest they reduce to just N6000.
Re: Dstv Compact Plus by montelik(m): 4:28pm On Aug 31, 2010
I believe the two channels show La Liga and Serie A matches. Its probably targeted at d soccer subscribers.
Re: Dstv Compact Plus by JaaizTech: 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2010
Sounds fair to me. Afterall you were paying Hitv 6k, for just football alone
Re: Dstv Compact Plus by Mortiple(m): 1:39pm On Sep 04, 2010
femo7:

It is just too expensive. Even with N6800, no access to any of MM1, MM2, Mnet star, TCM, etc. I suggest they reduce to just N6000.

SUPPORTED!!!!

The two new SuperSport channels on the PLUS option include SuperSport 7 and SuperSport 10 - which is a channel created specifically for this bouquet. SuperSport 7 will be made up of coverage of rugby, golf, cricket, tennis, football, athletics, boxing and motorsport, while SuperSport 10 will be made up of 90% English Premier League coverage and 10% French League coverage.

By implication, we will be able to view 8 EPL and one French League matches on match days.

What about La Liga? The addition of 50% coverage of La Liga will be highly appreciated.

Thank you DSTV/MULTICHOICE!
Re: Dstv Compact Plus by GTay(m): 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2010
It seems La Liga will not be covered by the Compact Plus package! What a shame  lipsrsealed
Then what would subscribers be paying 6.8k for exactly?  undecided
Re: Dstv Compact Plus by OYIBN: 1:18am On Dec 05, 2010
My opinion is that it is a complete rip-off. This is how DSTV allowed HITV in. Greediness!!!! More entertainment channels ought to have been added. At least one movie channel, crime and investigation channel, etc. Why not show the football channel (I think channel 204 or is it 213?). N2300 extra for compact plus for only 2 channels!!!!!! I will stay with my DSTV Compact in the hope that one day and very soon too, a real competitor will arrive on the scene and give DSTV a real "fight". Unfortunately HITV had a faulty business model - focussing mainly on football which was not sustainable. However they shook DSTV but not enough to knock them off!!!!!
Re: Dstv Compact Plus by holydante(m): 6:00pm On Dec 08, 2010
Yes oyibn, I was really sad seeing hitv hit the rocks, it was a typical example of how not to run and sustain a business model, my hitv decoder is dormant and they have repeatedly sent me sms and called for the account reactivation but I don't see myself paying N3500 just for champions league and Seria A, dstv's monopoly is massive and their pricing very astronimical, anyway I have mantained loyalty with them for some donkey years running.

They should simply reduce their tarriff, so many of us pay for what we don't value for, I fork out N9.5k monthly just to be able to access la liga. Its a rip off
Re: Dstv Compact Plus by ObamaUS: 10:32am On Dec 09, 2010
Even if DSTV adds to the channels,would NEPA and Lagos traffic allow u to enjoy the thing
Re: Dstv Compact Plus by ekidandy(m): 11:27am On Mar 06, 2018
Get the current and constantly updated list of channels at dstv compact plus channels.
Re: Dstv Compact Plus by ekidandy(m): 1:52pm On Apr 18, 2018
Find out what's best for you. Comparing dstv compact and compact plus: dstv compact vs compact plus.

(1) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie At The "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Premiere / Download Latest Korean,philippines,thailand Tvseries Here / Watch Godzilla X Kong: The New Empi Downlaod [hindi-english] 480p | 720p | 1080p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.