Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,437 members, 7,781,274 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:38 AM

Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? (7428 Views)

Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening / How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 25, 2007
so my brother bougth me Praise George's "mastering money" personal development CD for my birthday and i was listening to it. near the beginning Praise makes a statement that "lack of money is the leading cause of marital unhappiness and divorce"

i'm kind of confused here because i thought that honour fell to unfaithfulness/infidelity. so married folks in the house, what do you have to say about that?
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by cuteass1(f): 12:33am On Apr 26, 2007
Well even though i know money shouldn't be the no.1 priority to dating or marrying someone, i still have to agree with the fact that some marriages do end cos of financial failures (if i may put it that way)

Some ladies get so frustrated living from hand to mouth that they walk cry cry

so yes " it is a possible cause marital unhapiness and divorce", but "leading"?? Not sure i totally agree with that , , undecided
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 26, 2007
Hey Trae_z, welcome back to NL. so glad to have you back! grin

i'm not married but money is probably the single most dangerous marital love killer.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by Aproko(f): 11:55am On Apr 26, 2007
i'm not married but i dont think lack of money is the leading cause of marital unhapiness and divorce.its more like disagreement over money.

when a couple starts to fight about money issues, then that marriage is on the way down.for those that do not have, the fight may be about 'when are we ever going to have?'and for those that have, it may be 'you want to finish all the money?'

na wah sef oh sad
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by afolayangs(m): 12:17pm On Apr 26, 2007
Money is important in a relationship but not all that necessary/ one of the factors that cause marital failure.

******without money nothing can be done******
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by jidody(m): 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2007
Lack of conflict resolution skills is the leading cause. There is absolutely no problem that cannot be resolved. Couples only need to master the Art of Conflict Resolution.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by efuah(f): 12:23pm On Apr 26, 2007
i think it's unfaithfulness that causes most divorce.
but there are some women who hate to tolerate poverty.
money can be a partial cause of divorce but not the main reason.

as the saying goes; when there is life, there is hope. cool
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by tasiana(m): 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2007
Partly the cause but cant say its the major cause.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by degubi(m): 1:25pm On Apr 26, 2007
the lack of money does not guartantee marital bliss, the presence of money (lots of it) does not also guarantee marital bliss, what guarantees marital bliss are the two parties in the marriage, in a joint effort working in every conceivable way with the strenght of God to make their marriage work. any marriage based on the wrong foundation will eventually colapse, if the foundation is not good the building will never be good.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by moondust(m): 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2007
Too much money can ruin a marriage just like lack of money. So it basically has to do with the level of bonding between a couple for it to work
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by Pain(m): 2:32pm On Apr 26, 2007
I Think "The Love Of Money Is The Leading Cause Of Marital Hate. The Lack of Money Is The Leading Source Of Marital ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Well

See What I Mean? I Doesnt Make Sense. Money, Money Money,

"Mo Money Mo Problem"---Gospel of Biggie 3:19
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by dollyp1cute(f): 9:01pm On Apr 26, 2007
efuah:

am not married though, but i think it's unfaithfulness that causes most divorce.

, Money and the management of money (or lack of it) is the single most common cause for marriage break up this days, so says statistics.

Unfaithfulness is quite rampant (especially among the men) but the woman just turns blind eye as long as the man is taking care of his duties.

jidody:

Lack of conflict resolution skills is the leading cause.

@jibody

Is there anyway of improving your conflict resolution skills, training, seminar or courseone can attend.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by delboy(m): 11:38pm On Apr 26, 2007
Bruv, it is without a shadow of doubt, the leading cause cause of it.

Heard the phrase no romance without finance! It be true. That's when the so-called loving wife will discover s0-called -ex-boyfriend from 10 yrs b/4 now doing well and still professing undying love for her. Thats when she will suddenly remember you've not being taken her to places you used to visit, when you first started dating and a whole glut of other nonsense.

Bruv listen and learn from the CD very, very well, becos a lot us, including myself have developed bad habits relating to taking financial decisions. Get your money right son, so that without anyones assistance u can handle all your bills by yourself and and live according to what you can afford.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by monshege: 1:12am On Apr 27, 2007
There are many things that contribute to marital unhappiness or divorce but i would say that lack of money (on the part of the husband) or more money (on the part of the wife) is the leading cause.

1 Like

Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by biozy(m): 10:16am On Apr 27, 2007
yes o! lack of money is the major cause of marital unhappiness,too much money is also one.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by mazaje(m): 12:42pm On Apr 27, 2007
Money is very very important in a relatıonship and is definately a leading cause of marital unhappiness and divorce.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by pisces20: 1:33pm On Apr 27, 2007
Money is not a neccessity in marriage but it's still important. Lack of money in marriage can make marriage boring thereby leading to unhappiness and probably divorce.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by BlackMamba(m): 2:46pm On Apr 27, 2007
You bet. "Kesh" can do a lot of magic in all human endeavors. As a man you either have it and keep your dignity or count on love and remain a lap dog.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by akara(m): 6:17pm On Apr 27, 2007
Its a very important part of any relationship including marriage. The reason one is suppossed to know ones partner and if they can cope with or without dough and if they can be that understanding. The lack of money should not be a cause for divorce.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by CrazyMan(m): 7:07pm On Apr 27, 2007
If you want to have a happy marriage, then money shouldn’t be a problem.
When there are money limitations in the family, there’s bound to be unnecessary quarrels between the husband and wife.
The children would keep fighting over food and other unnecessary embarrassments, which can lead to a divorce.
Money is essential in marriages
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by jidody(m): 10:30am On Apr 29, 2007
@dollp1

There ae tons of books and articles on conflict resolution in marriages for example this article by Femi Awodele:

http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/awodele/042007.html
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by abubaka(m): 1:22pm On Apr 29, 2007
yes bro,i can testify to that money is very very essential in marital life.
I once experienced it,my brother was sometime back retrenched from UBA?STB.Before the incident,the wife had been very loyal and loving.but cld u blieve dat few months after the retrenchment and the hell lot of money that the husband has been remitting is no longer coming;the wife just started misbehaving and always try picking offence on decisions taken by the husband.
Since then,i got to degist the whole and finally arrived at the fact the reason behind all these problems bw them is because the husband is no longer making money like before and is not really lavishing the little he got from former employer.
Bros,try putting good financial structures on ground before venturing into marrying,because havin a family is more than just marryin ur wife and feeding her.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by TaxMan(m): 5:23pm On Apr 29, 2007
@ Abubaka

I completely agree with you, one should not venture into this union if ones financial future seems bleak. The lack of money is obviously a major strain militating against a succesful marriage.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by spoilt(f): 5:37pm On Apr 29, 2007
lack of money is honestly one reason for marital unhappiness. ive seen relatives living in excrutiating poverty. they fight all the time about money and some marriages have ended when the women couldnt take it any more. its like a bad joke.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by TaxMan(m): 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2007
spoilt:

lack of money is honestly one reason for marital unhappiness. ive seen relatives living in excrutiating poverty. they fight all the time about money and some marriages have ended when the women couldnt take it any more. its like a bad joke.

@ Spoilt

Why is it that it is our women who feel the worst effects of the poverty level? We really need to empower our women don't you think?
Thankfully, most of my male friends who are considering marriage insist on their women being gainfully employed.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by spoilt(f): 5:59pm On Apr 29, 2007
when a family is poor, i think the woman and children feel it the most. during visits from poor relatives my dad often gives the woman woman secretly just so she and children can survive. its really terrible. it's good for women to learn a trade. inasmuch as you love the man, u should be able to fend for yourself and your kids when the chips are down!
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by dollyp1cute(f): 12:16pm On Apr 30, 2007
@jibody

Thanks for the info
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 30, 2007
yes, money is one of the number one cause not actually the main no 1
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by TaxMan(m): 8:06am On May 01, 2007
@ mubowa

Kindly enlighten us as to the main cause of Marital unhappiness, 'the main No.1' as you have aptly described it.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 01, 2007
the no 1 cause is actually if you guyz are both unbelievers or your marriage is an arranged one(God first)

we all know money answereth all things. okay take a slight look at a situation where the man his not rich and the woman is contented with the situation but the man him self is not okay thinking he's a subject of ridicle. after complanning for a long time and the situation doesn't change he started accusing his wife to be a witch. this is still better because one can stand the anger of a man but in woman cases when the man is not well to do. you your self do not even want me to go into the detail. just know if u are not rich and your wife has an elaborated mouth you are finished. coz she will abuse and insult you, sleep with another man and which leaving you without divource for a rich man. and how about when too much of money cause problem
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by Gheorghe(m): 10:28am On May 02, 2007
lack of money or excess money can cause unhappiness/divorce.too much money can ignorantly make both parties to look for new adventures outside their homes just for short-time fun and lack of money can also do the same but these time around,to get money for the house.
but i believe their is more to divorce than financial issues undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 03, 2007
Money is definitely not everything but the lack of it is catastrophic in any marriage.
Girls please do not marry a jobless man.
When the chips are down, love will not turn into a plate of jollof rice!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Sees His Dead Wife Living With Another Man In Lagos See Pic / Relating With In-Laws From A Different Tribe / See What My Ex's Boyfriend Texted Me. What Does It Mean? (screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.