Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

I Am A Rare Babalawo - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am A Rare Babalawo (19326 Views)

I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola / Yoruba Religious Rennaisance : Babalawo Olowoyo Oladimeji / Do You Know A Good Babalawo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A Rare Babalawo by nuclearboy(m): 6:06pm On Sep 08, 2010
strange that the victim mentality cuts across all belief systems.

@OP:

I said I wanted to see how truly versed you are. Thus I asked a few questions. There was NO attempt at a bomb of any sort anywhere. If you truly read what I wrote and sat to think of it, you'll have an idea how far I went. I explicitly said I walked away only for one reason - too much knowledge can be detrimental. Ororun (5 days) checks keep you on your toes and thus you make choices based on knowledge. BUT that knowledge is myopic since it doesn't consider enough of the future and/or the effect on other people/issues. It was a choice I made because I made too many mistakes based on thinking I knew enough.

You have practically copied from the Santeria site everything you wrote on NL that actually discusses IFA. all you did was change names from the Brazilian names to their Nigerian counterparts Thats why I am puzzled and would like to know if this is a joke as I am wont to believe you're an old poster here playing games.

Why don't you answer my questions just so we know you truly have an idea? These are very easy questions to answer even for me that never practiced except as the one being divined for. I practiced for years and I'm fanatical about anything I believe. I wasn't a teacher yet the final FINAL step was the only one I shirked from!

@PASTOR:

The Practice of IFA of neccessity provides you with information concerning the future. Divination is the practice and it always says something! I do not know about you Sir, but I never met anyone who doesn;t make choices based on knowledge e.g. if you know robbers carrying AK47s are on a particular road, you'll likely avoid it YET that could be where God wants you to pass having set up some profit/whatever WITH absolute safety for you. Aside that, I do agree that its the practise that matters.

I guess I'll sit back and allow "Baba Tunde" who calls people he doesn't know "son" his day on NL.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Rare Babalawo by MyJoe: 7:03pm On Sep 08, 2010
nuclearboy link=topic=506712.msg6721024#msg6721024 :

I wasn't a teacher yet the final FINAL step was the only one I shirked from!
How much to reveal this thing?  wink

nuclearboy:
The Practice of IFA of neccessity provides you with information concerning the future. Divination is the practice and it always says something! I do not know about you Sir, but I never met anyone who doesn;t make choices based on knowledge e.g.[b] if you know robbers carrying AK47s are on a particular road, you'll likely avoid it YET that could be where God wants you to pass having set up some profit/whatever WITH absolute safety for you. [/b]Aside that, I do agree that its the practise that matters.
I subscribe to that.
Re: I Am A Rare Babalawo by nuclearboy(m): 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2010
Oga mi:

for you, Sir, Free! (But I wouldn't mind the new X6 whether base model or top gun)

But lets wait and see if OP understands how far that is and his response to it. I still sincerely think his threads are a joke anyway - just wondering who here is playing this game.

One pointer to my belief this is a joke is that the only question relating to irete was asked by me. To my amazement, in his response, he asks us to go read about "ogbe-irete"! What manner of practitioner doesn't know iretemeji and eji-elemere do not belong to that orisha class? If he'd have us believe he wasn't answering MY question or refering to me, where did the reference to Ogbe-irete come from?

NL! shocked One thing I've learned here is that the amount of heresay that passes for expert knowledge will leave you speechless if exposed.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Rare Babalawo by TRIPPLEO62: 11:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
Baba Tunde: Greetings

I want to humbly introduce myself to This Group

I am a Nigerian Babalawo, a chief priest of Ogun (Leader of Ogun Cult), an elder (AP) of THE REFORMED OGBONI FRATERNITY, an elder of AJOR MYSTICAL FRATERNITY OF NIGERIA, an elder of OSONKPIKAN MAGICAL SOCIETY OF NIGERIA

I want to Thank the Organisers and members of this Great Group for a work well done. Well, i have to go now because i have alot of client to attend to

Feel free to ask me any Question relating to The Orishas, Divinations, Oracles, incantations, Juju, Iyami, Aje, Mystical cults, Ogbanje, ebo, Oso etc at orishapowers@yahoo.com

From

Baba
my laptop was stolen today.and I want to know who took it.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Rare Babalawo by zaragemca(m): 10:10pm On Sep 03, 2013
In inviting to read the, 'Hot Potato' article. 'Zaragemca sobre la historia de Ifa en Cuba'. The article is at. Univision.com. ( foro, Santeria). Gerry Zaragemca is a World's Expert in Afro Cuban Percussion and Caribbean Music. But also play and writes about Jazz, African, R & B, Brazilian music.
Re: I Am A Rare Babalawo by ACITYOFTRUTH: 8:46am On Sep 04, 2013
I am convinced the lady of kingdom has been dethroned Isa 47/5,the prince of Tyre overcome Ezk 26/21.Therefore stop serving d devil Lev 17/7.
Re: I Am A Rare Babalawo by Ayomivic(m): 11:17am On Sep 04, 2013
You saw a beautiful girl you will like to marry. Truely ,the lady was beautiful and you thought she has wife materials. But, won't you know her family before marry her?

Hahahaha, no power without origin or source. Why can't you study to know the origin of ifa, oro, Aje, incantations, Ogboni, Orisha, before you join or consult them

@ op, please ,who is Olodumare?
Re: I Am A Rare Babalawo by Xomen: 12:25pm On Nov 21, 2013
I need to cast a spell on somebody I sent you an email kindly respond with the things I need to do and the consequences
Re: I Am A Rare Babalawo by personnnnnnn: 10:43am On Jul 22, 2019
Hello please can I have your email, phone number or address.
Re: I Am A Rare Babalawo by em992u(m): 9:58pm On Sep 23, 2022
I have a question that is if utmost importance to me. Is isese to be practiced in community?
My reason for asking is because i am “african american” and have been studying Ifa seriuosly for many weeks now. I have come to learn the the yearly divination readings are geared to members of the particular communities they serve, not for the world. There is a unique set of obstacles non nigerians face when attempting to follow this path of living/knowledge properly.
Having an answer to that question will do much for my development.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? / Top Nigerian Gospel Artistes Are From Christ Embassy - Is God Being Partial? / Tom Kolawole Samson Graduates From University Of Essex, UK (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.