Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Pls, I Need Help In New York - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pls, I Need Help In New York (1801 Views)

A Nigerian Needs Help In Dallas Now. / Nigerian Man With Valid US Visa Arrested At JFK Airport In New York / Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls, I Need Help In New York by loabb(m): 5:15am On Sep 01, 2010
Please NL, i need someone in New York that can accomodate me and possibly get a place for me to stay. I am still in Africa, but getting someone to accomodate me is the problem.
Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by niceguy10: 6:04am On Sep 01, 2010
You are Still in Africa and looking for were to stay in New York, are you really ok?
Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by loabb(m): 6:37am On Sep 01, 2010
^^^ I am very okay, i have my 2 yrs visa, i am just trying to make preparation ahead of my trip. I will move immediately i met a good helper
Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by johnkent(m): 9:27am On Sep 01, 2010
loabb:

^^^ I am very okay, i have my 2 yrs visa, i am just trying to make preparation ahead of my trip. I will move immediately i met a good helper
haha. U really do need HELP.
Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by Real14all: 10:54am On Sep 01, 2010
If u can pay money,i can link you up with someone.is it compulsory new york?
Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by maureenfx(f): 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2010
i wish i can help
but newyork is not a place 2 start wit if you dont have anyone
and newyokers are not nice
am presently in newyork and am stayin wit somone
my advice is it must not b NY
Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by naijadiva2(f): 7:31pm On Sep 01, 2010
Do u know anyone personally in the states? If so, get in contact with them. It would be better instead of looking for accomodation from strangers, just my 2 cents.
Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by loabb(m): 8:21pm On Sep 01, 2010
@ maureenfx and naija_diva, I am really happy for your advice. But i really love New York, do you have any idea how much an accomodation may cost me over their?
Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by naijadiva2(f): 9:15pm On Sep 01, 2010
i don't live in NY but from what i hear, housing can be quite expensive esp if u are in the city.
Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by loabb(m): 3:15am On Sep 02, 2010
@ naija_diva , pls can you tell me which states i can leave fine, that has low accomodation rate in time of rentage. Thanks
Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by Travelista(f): 4:20am On Sep 02, 2010
loabb:

@ naija_diva , pls can you tell me which states i can leave fine, that has low accomodation rate in time of rentage. Thanks

Houston and Atlanta are great places to start; the cost of living is lower and they both have large Nigerian communities. Good luck!
Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by loabb(m): 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2010
@ Real14all and Travelista , Thank u very much for your concern. I am very grateful for the advice.
Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by naijadiva2(f): 4:38pm On Sep 02, 2010
Travelista:

Houston and Atlanta are great places to start; the cost of living is lower and they both have large Nigerian communities. Good luck!

yep what she said. those are excellent places to be and you'll get more for your money unlike places like NY.
Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by loabb(m): 7:23pm On Sep 02, 2010
^^^Thank you very much
Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by Real14all: 6:50am On Sep 03, 2010
I lost your phone number when changing my simcard. You can kindly call me back
Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by Goshen360(m): 4:29pm On Sep 03, 2010
I reside in NY. Just as other said, Ny is very damn expensive to live esp. when u r coming with visa. I agree with pple that advice if you can make connection for Texas, Atlanta, Chicago and the likes. Its true that NYers are often not willing to help eachothers but i dont belong to that category. I would have loved to assist you regardless of anything but i just accomodated someone who came and was stranded too. I wish you goodluck.
Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by loabb(m): 5:29pm On Sep 03, 2010
@ goshen360. I am very grateful thank you for your kindness. Please can you tell me how much an accomodation may cost me at Chicago to Texas. Please i just want to know this before i make a move.

Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by loabb(m): 10:32pm On Sep 04, 2010
Real14all when will you join me online ?
Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by osarodon(m): 7:59pm On Sep 05, 2010
Please I will like to know if the american embassy in nigeria accept scanned copies of document of the person inviting me for a visit in the US.
Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by loabb(m): 10:20pm On Sep 13, 2010
Pls is their any amount i may likely taking to USA as a BTA?
Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by booboolicious: 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2014
hello, please who is in new york presently that can help me go to the embassy please
Re: Pls, I Need Help In New York by dustydee: 9:38pm On Dec 10, 2014
How long do you intend to stay? with a two year visa, I don't think you are allowed to stay in the country for more than six months at a stretch. I'll advice you get a B&B for two weeks which I believe will be enough for you to see all the interesting places in New York and you could briefly visit another state, say new Jersey before you return.

(1) (Reply)

Ghastly Accident Along Iyana -era To Abule Road Ijanikin Lagos / No Offense But Why? / My Encounter Today On ARIK Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.