Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry (1697 Views)

Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel / Order! Bullies Of The Television / Order! Bullies Of The Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by arike77: 11:56pm On Apr 25, 2007
Do you have serious contact in the television industry in Nigeria? I need some help with a project.

Thanks.
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by junegirl(f): 12:25pm On Apr 26, 2007
@Arike: Hi, is it something you can talk about here?
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by Seun(m): 12:30pm On Apr 26, 2007
Yes, it is something he can talk about here. This is a discussion forum, you know. wink
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by Orikinla(m): 4:02pm On Apr 26, 2007
My contacts are directors of programmes in the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA).
I will give you direct contact details once I am convinced of the safety and security of their privacy and your credibility.
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by junegirl(f): 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2007
@Seun: really? I thought it was a shooting forum.

arike77:

I need some help with a project.

Doesn't that tell you he/she's kind of wary of posting the details?? Relax admin, I don't have any skeleton in my cupboard. It's just that I can help but that doesn't mean I want to display my identity. You should know that people in the broadcast media tend to have the same privacy issues actors and actresses have.
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by DisGuy: 10:35pm On Apr 26, 2007
junegirl is a celebrity!! grin Rush her!!! can i have your autograph plz cheesy
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by arike77: 1:49am On Apr 27, 2007
I need the contacts for a business transcation that I want to set up, its for a business idea. Unfortunately, I cannot disclose the details here. I hope you don't mind.
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by junegirl(f): 3:06pm On Apr 27, 2007
@Dis Guy: nope! I'm certainly not a celebrity, lol.

@Arike: I work in the industry, how can I help you?
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by arike77: 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2007
I am trying to set up a company that will involve licencing of T.V. materials. I need someone who can help me talk to the right people in various T.V. stations.

thanks
arike
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by junegirl(f): 9:24am On Apr 30, 2007
@Arike: what sort of materials, documentaries or programmes? Here's how it works: for licences, you go to the NBC( that's National Broadcast Commission),for airtime you approach the t.v. stations who themselves have obtained licence from the NBC to broadcast.
Now, for locally sourced programmes, documentaries etc, you don't need a licence, all you need is enough money to buy airtime or enough goodwill with the powers that be in any given t.v. station. Goodwill is more affordable 'cos a single 30mins slot on AIT and NTA network costs over 500, 000.
For foreign broadcast materials however, you need waivers from both the source abroad and I think our own regulatory body as well( though I'm not entirely sure of the local waiver-if it's truly necessary i.e)

@Seun: u didn't really think I'd end this without a few words for you,did you? Stop editing my postings like God almighty!!!!
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by arare: 9:00pm On Apr 30, 2007
do u have links to any t.v station in lagos that needs a t.v presenter?
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by junegirl(f): 3:28pm On May 28, 2007
@Arare:
T.V stations are always in need of presenters. If u r good, and u've got confidence, just walk in to see their HR.
You could also try LINK65, it's the newest on the block and it's recruiting. All the best
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by Waxxy(m): 12:19am On May 29, 2007
@junegirl,
On a very serious note, i would love to work in the media industry in Nigeria. i would prefer to start with Radio presenting like Olisa, Dan Foster etc. and maybe move to TV later. This is more of a chidhood dream and I guess i could pull it off if i fall into da right hands.

I am into business management (student) in the UK right now and may end up in the financial sector, but i have a passion for media. Any advices? Courses to take, people to discuss with. Your help would be appreciated
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by nigeria1: 5:09am On May 29, 2007
Orikinla (m), my email is info@nigeriaone.com let talk.
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by Rodent: 5:12am On May 29, 2007
@junegirl
when you say u work in the industry, what is it exactly you do?
You wouldnt just happen to be a marketing boffin by any chance, would you?
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by romeo(m): 8:37pm On May 29, 2007
is it such a big thing to work in the media? damn!!!!!!!!! does it matter what she does there?
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by lollytee71(f): 12:23am On Jun 01, 2007
Hi,why dont you visit yhe t.v/radio station of your choice and make enquiries on your type of material. a job with a media organisation has been my desire since my secondary school days,av always want to be a newscaster either on the radio/t.v.Pls how do i go by it?
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by junegirl(f): 3:40pm On Jun 08, 2007
@Romeo
Thanx jare, guess Rodent was just trying to live up to his name.

@Waxxy
U sure u won't be better off in the financial sector? Believe me, media work is the most tedious work on earth. U'll be overworked and underpaid and most of all, it's going to take up all your time, and life. But if u can endure, u'll be famous, u'll know powerful people and u'll go places. Your work will open doors for you and eventually you may make the money after all. But men, u go don suffer o. I'm not trying to discourage you, I just want you to know whassup.
Another option is for you to go the Pat Utomi way: make money in the finance sector, then float an independent programme.
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by Rodent: 12:40pm On Jul 13, 2007
Romeo. romeo let your ignorance not show romeo,
No tis not a big deal to work in the media however if one requires a marketing person it would stand to logical reason to ask,
People who cant see beyond their noses and utter the first thought that pervades their minds are such irritants
It would be appropriate to garner some facts,
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by Seun(m): 11:53am On Nov 08, 2007
Back to topic, guys. So who works in the Nigerian TV industry? wink
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by t200m: 3:22pm On Nov 13, 2007
@junegal. please lets talk in private.my e.amil add is t200m2002@yahoo.com
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by olabosun(m): 9:00pm On Jan 17, 2008
H
Re: Looking For Someone With Contacts In The Television Industry by yemo90(m): 9:00am On Aug 20, 2008

(1) (Reply)

Money Heist Season 5 (complete Episodes) / City Mall Cinemas - Movie Schedule 1st-5th March 2010 / Breaking News! Popular Veteran Actor Adebayo Faleti Is Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.