Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa (3634 Views)

Keshi To Drag NFF To FIFA Court / FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! / Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by chinaaman(f): 7:07am On Sep 02, 2010
Danny Shittu should report his sack to fifa . Sacking him now has put him in a disadvantaged position to look for new club, because the transfer season just ended.
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by honeric01(m): 7:11am On Sep 02, 2010
Hmm you sure have a point here undecided undecided sad
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by naso2(m): 9:43am On Sep 02, 2010
The problem with fighting any club in europe is that, even if you win, you become so so unattractive to most prospective clubs.
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by chinaaman(f): 9:59am On Sep 02, 2010
This will truly be heard on the big man
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by honeric01(m): 10:24am On Sep 02, 2010
na_so:

The problem with fighting any club in europe is that, even if you win, you become so so unattractive to most prospective clubs.

He's already 29yrs old, it's worth fighting for bro, let him fight them, if he can get $20m from there, that's cool money bro.
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by Fogman(m): 12:55pm On Sep 02, 2010
Was it a sack or mutual disengagement?
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by kcjazz(m): 3:25am On Sep 03, 2010
chinaaman:

Danny Shittu should report his sack to fifa . Sacking him now has put him in a disadvantaged position to look for new club, because the transfer season just ended.

He is a free agent now, he would find a club outside the window.
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by orangemen: 8:12am On Sep 03, 2010
i lost my respect for bolton when they treated okocha like a common man after all his efforts in raising that useless club.
it was first, the captain band and later uncermonious release of a club legend.
it is a shame the way some of these clubs behave when it comes to black players.
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by deor03(m): 11:26am On Sep 03, 2010
orangemen:

i lost my respect for bolton when they treated okocha like a common man after all his efforts in raising that useless club.
it is a shame the way some of these clubs behave when it comes to black players.

Until Nigerians start supporting the Eyimbas and Heartlands etc ; you'll be in for more shock.

Please expect more. Okocha today even 2 years into retirement is of more value that Owen ! ; but EPL clubs will still line up to sign Owen because he is one of theirs
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by honeric01(m): 12:31pm On Sep 03, 2010
deor03:

Until Nigerians start supporting the Eyimbas and Heartlands etc ; you'll be in for more shock.

Please expect more. Okocha today even 2 years into retirement is of more value that Owen ! ; but EPL clubs will still line up to sign Owen because he is one of theirs

Simple, when you are no longer useful, you become a liability.
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by 12large: 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2010
this chidicris is a dunce, when ever something happens to a naija player is racist. talking about jj the guy was already fading before bolton dumped him, what do you want bolton to do give in 3years contract thats why nigeria team is useless a player like kanu that should have been out of eagles since 2004 was there just because of the 2goals in 1996 am sorry but england is not nigeria and please stop all those black man nonsense talk
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by medjai(m): 4:52pm On Sep 03, 2010
Shittu has become a free agent following his being released from his contract at Bolton and so he can join any club irrespective of the transfer window being open or close. He is already being chased by PSG and Celtic
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by DisGuy: 11:03am On Sep 04, 2010
orangemen:

ahhh nigerians

deor03:

Please expect more. Okocha today even 2 years into retirement is of more value that Owen ! ; but EPL clubs will still line up to sign Owen because he is [b]one of theirs[/b]

until Eyimbas and Heartland start paying their players proper wages

Owen will sell more shirts than okocha ten times over! any players around the age of 30 that cant keep up with training is in for the chops
in fact how many Nigerian players play at top level way past 30
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by marcus1234: 1:13pm On Sep 04, 2010
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by aieromon(m): 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2010
He should focus more time on lookin' for a new employer rather than draggin' Bolton to FIFA.I don't think Bolton violated their terms of disengagement.
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by chimanu2000(m): 1:39pm On Sep 04, 2010
bolton didnt ere,shittu can get a club as a free agent as long as the club still has space on its roastereven after the window
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by donobi(m): 2:02pm On Sep 04, 2010
Danny Shittu should go for deliverance, cos he has badluck.
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by Parnassuss(m): 2:17pm On Sep 04, 2010
Truthfully I think the club would have let he go long ago, he just held on too tight but i don't know about the rules of disengagement, yet I too am of the belief that Bolton did not give JJ his due, I mean Campo got an extension didn't he.
As to the NPL debate i think the fault lies the administrators most for not being able to make our league attractive. I watched Enyimba vs either Kano Pillars or Heartland at the very beginning of the season and I swear their play standard was off the chain. However, because local players aren't marketed like the foreign based, they are bound to be considered inferior. When you think of, thats why most local players are scared to take their games to the next level, after watching ppl like Rooney, Messi, Ballack get idolized in the media they begin to think these guys as more than just talented but 'special', thereby shortchanging themselves. I'm not saying this is the case all the times but I think administrators need to market and package the league much better than it is now.
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 04, 2010
You have a point Parnassuss. It's all about the media. If only they can be marketed, then will we feel the goodness in them.
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by EvilBrain1(m): 3:52pm On Sep 04, 2010
FYI, he wasn't sacked. It was a mutual agreement which was beneficial to both parties.
He was released from his contract before the transfer window closed, meaning he is free to sign for another club (and possibly negotiate higher wages since there'll be no transfer fees) and Bolton get to avoid paying his wages until January or whenever they can arrange a transfer.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with this .
OP needs to get his facts straight.
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by blueflame1: 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2010
honeric01:

He's already 29yrs old, it's worth fighting for bro, let him fight them, if he can get $20m from there, that's cool money bro.

You guys should also consider that 29 in Nigeria probably means 37 in reality.
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by honeric01(m): 5:00pm On Sep 04, 2010
Heartland please buy this guy (giant) grin
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by otokx(m): 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2010
I think he will be more useful in a nite club standing at the gate or something.
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by honeric01(m): 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2010
otokx:

I think he will be more useful in a nite club standing at the gate or something.

Wicked, but he's better than Nwaneri, if Nwaneri should be playing football, then he should always be playing grin
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by PurestBoy(m): 6:57pm On Sep 04, 2010
otokx:

Nna this is unfair oo
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by enomakos(m): 7:02pm On Sep 04, 2010
Bleep bolton i hate that club men

www.autoinsurancequotesmarket..com
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by mamagee3(f): 9:00pm On Sep 04, 2010
Who Cares?

Danny Shittu is a shitty player and it was proven in the World Cup,

What manager would keep such a poor player like him in their club after watching his under-performance in the World Cup? undecided

He's just a waste of money and resources.
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by Meldrick(m): 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2010
otokx:

Ahhh Guy, you are really wicked grin grin lwkmd
Ah Ah Watin the guy do you sef? grin grin
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by Ibomade1: 9:24pm On Sep 04, 2010
The whole process needs to be re-examined because his performance for Bolton is not that bad. There are worse defenders than him in the EPL so Idon't understand why Bolton did acted like that.
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by Kgdavid(m): 9:27pm On Sep 04, 2010
i dont see what there is to report, they even made it easier for him to get a club cuz he is now a free agent the potential buyers need not pay a fee for him and the rules permit free agents to be signed outside the transfer window.
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by Kgdavid(m): 9:31pm On Sep 04, 2010
people here seem to have really short and biased memories, bolton let Okocha go because he wanted to go make money in Qatar, it was Okocha's decision, in fact the reason he lost the bolton captain band accordin to big sam was because he considered the offer from Qatar whilst he was still captain, an act of disloyalty.
Re: Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa by angelsing(m): 1:04am On Sep 05, 2010
9ja!,we are funny. When okocha went to hull city, he cud not play regularly because his body cud nt carry him agn. Abt Campo getin a new deal,u can not compare the age of the whites wit the blacks, Here is a little example dat wil bafle u, Mutiu Adepoju and Figo played at the same youth tournament. Four years after Mutiu retired, Figo won the world best footballer. So, at age 30 okocha cud nt play agn because of the age deduction, I think shittu shud sign for FUFU UNITED in Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Moment Chelsea Star Danny Drinkwater Fights With Six Men Over A Girl (Photos) / All Africa Games- Maputo 2011. Updates Here / FC Barcelona Official Soccer School Nigeria (fcbescola Lagos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.