Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . (1604 Views)

Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / Buhari’s Desperation Is Bothersome! / Edo Ex-Militants Choose Buhari, Condemn Jonathan - The Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Gbawe: 8:54am On Sep 03, 2010
Even the biggest supporter of Jonathan , if they have any decency in them, should start seeing and acknowledging that GEJ is another Yar Adua in the making . All we are seeing now is a carbon copy of how OBJ abused executive power and looted the Nigerian treasury to install Yar Adua as President. Donald Duke and co were bullied out of the PDP Primaries with force and EFCC persecution. The Worst criminals, just because they supported Yar Adua, were given an easy ride to their respective State House. The Yoruba region has been devasted by the pillaging and plundering of OBJ's ruinous impositions who helped him 'win' in 2003 and also assisted to secure Yar Adua's victory in 2007 . Jonathan is now shamelessly threading the same path. Anyone decent will, by now, have seen enough to note that Jonathan will be a disaster. We are going backwards with Jonathan's ambition and it is a shame some people cannot see that.

Anyway , OBJ don talk sey na "operation totality" .

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os3831.html

Amaechi accuses EFCC of "political agenda" as rift with Presidency deepens

The speculated frosty relationship between Rivers State governor Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi and President Goodluck Jonathan has taken another dimension as the governor has accused the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) of seeking to coerce him into supporting Jonathan ahead of the 2011 presidential election. He, however threatened to mobilise the people of the state against EFCC.
Less than a fortnight ago, Jonathan’s wife and Nigerian First Lady, Dame Patience publicly embarrassed the governor at a public function in her hometown, Okrika, accusing him of insensitivity to persons she described as “my people.”

Speaking Thursday morning at a summit on information and communication in Port Harcourt, [b]the state capital, the governor said he was not unaware of plots to stop his re-election because of his not-strong-enough support for President Jonathan’s ambition to contest the 2011 presidential election.
Amaechi disclosed that he was also aware of speculations in certain quarters that some Abuja-based politicians and “criminals” were relying on certain godfathers to challenge him in next year’s election in the state, but that he was certain to defeat them as long as the polls are free and fair.
The governor said he had been inundated with calls and advice from certain persons to tone down his public speeches, but that as one with no godfather and nothing to hide, he was obliged to speak his mind on what he believes is the truth and just.[/b]Said Amaechi: “I am governor. I have not said anything about 2011 election, the only thing I said is come here and declare support for Goodluck Jonathan and immediately I did that, they said I did not speak and EFCC is here today.

“We must reform the country. I have never said any day that I don’t support the president. Never! All I have said is that for me in Rivers State, we desire reform here and that reform I will pursue. Those who want to cart away Rivers money should wait after my tenure.
“What is EFCC doing here? They never came all these while. Today they are here. Why are they here? Let’s say EFCC is doing their job. They have a responsibility to go after those who are corrupt. But there is a judgment of a Federal High Court which says EFCC cannot come to Rivers State. Is EFCC above the law?” he quizzed.
The governor who urged the Federal government to “allow us secure our place” described himself as “one stubborn, voiceless person” in a country where “EFCC lives in disobedience of court orders” and where “everybody is cowed.”
He stated: “There is a judgment of the High Court of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. EFCC has filed an appeal but abandoned it for the past two years. EFCC is here in disobedience to that court order. And I know the law says that even where a judgement is given in error, only a court of superior jurisdiction can discharge it and until that judgment is discharged you cannot disobey it
“I have been appealing (to EFCC) for the past two years. Go and discharge that judgment. They have not been able to go and discharge that judgment. They are only living in disobedience,” demanding, “is this country not a country of rule of law?”

[b]As one who had been once hounded by EFCC, the governor said he now knew better that most times when EFCC invades a state, it is more out of political motivation that for that to really investigate graft.
“In the last dispensation when you hear that EFCC has come to a state, you start hearing “Ole! Ole!” (thief thief!) ; you don’t know that it is it is politically motivated. Today, EFCC has again become a political tool. I was arrested by EFCC in 2006 December just because they didn’t want me to be governor of Rivers State. They are here again now that the new governorship election is near to see if they can stop us again.
“Now, I am governor, I will use what I call the peoples power. If EFCC continues here, we will mobilise people against EFCC”, threatened the governor, urging, “they (EFCC) should wait until after election they should come.”[/b]He advised: “I am not stopping them from working. They should do two things. One, discharge the judgment of the court. Two, wait unit after the election. So that we will have both free and fair result. Keep away EFCC from us. Let’s finish elections. Let them discharge the judgment then they can come and investigate us,” cautioning, “but if they come only during election, what are they looking for, to intimidate us; and if they intimidate you, is that election free and fair?”
[b]The governor expressed regret that, rather than appreciate his first-in-Africa mono-rail project, the no less than 15 health centres in each local government area, and the multi-billion Naira Ogoni-Andoni-Opobo highway, among many projects, some persons he said had sequestered themselves in Abuja were bent on pulling Rivers State to the past.
Sources hinted that EFCC had brushed aside subsisting court judgement, and moved operatives into Rivers State and begun “interviewing” Tammy Danagogo and Fin George Feyii, Commissioners for Local Government Affairs and Finance respectively, in addition to chairmen of Port Harcourt, Obio Akpor, Emohua and Ikwerre councils.
A former ambassador told Pointblanknews.com that while he was not opposed to EFCC doing its job of following up on genuine petitions, the timing of the renewed probe on Rivers State, as well as EFCC’s failure the vacate or appeal the court judgment against it, suggested that “they may have been tele-guided from Abuja.”
“There are certain things in life that can’t just but leave a sour taste in the mouth. I did not believe it at first, but one of the council chairmen confirmed to me that some EFCC officials have begun to harass them. If you put the timing of the failed attempt to form a parallel PDP exco in the state beside the First Lady’s recent blunder, any right-thinking official of EFCC should have given Rivers State a wide berth,” he declared
[/b].
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Gbawe: 9:05am On Sep 03, 2010
I said it ages ago that Jonathan is only retaining the overtly corrupt and compromised Waziri so as to use her to "clear" the way for his 2011 ambition . It seems that I am being vindicated daily . "By their deeds you shall know them" . With Jonathan's rigging antics in Ekiti , I knew he was more-of-the-same" i.e a "do-or-die" desperado seeking power by any means possible to keep him and 'awon boys' in the lap of grotesque luxury.What a joke !! Corrupt Aondoakaa and others who endangered Nigeria's unity recently , and thus deserving of severe and instant punishment , are not been investigated yet it is the turn of Governors who are not supportig Jonathan ?

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/12014.html

Anxiety grips governors as EFCC storms 10 states
Yusuf Alli 03/09/2010 00:42:00

THERE is anxiety among governors, following reports that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is set to launch massive operations in 10 states. Governors have raised the alarm that they are being targeted because of the forthcoming presidential primaries of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Most of the governors abroad, especially Northern governors on Umrah (lesser Hajj), have decided to cut short their trips, return home and get set to face the "onslaught".

But the EFCC said its deployment of operatives to 10 states has no political undertone or motives.

Investigation by The Nation revealed that the EFCC is probing petitions against 10 governors bordering on alleged mismanagement of funds and abuse of the Local Government Joint Account.

The EFCC has deployed its operatives and policemen in the 10 states to arrest some commissioners and local government chairmen.

The states are: Rivers, Imo, Kwara, Bauchi, Zamfara, Jigawa, Gombe, Kebbi, Katsina, Sokoto.

Based on preliminary findings, the anti-graft agency deployed its operatives in the 10 states to invite some commissioners and local government chairmen for interaction.

The operatives were expected to be assisted by a team of 50 policemen from each state command of the Police.

It was learnt that after a review meeting on Monday by the commission, EFCC operatives were sent to the states.

It was not immediately clear last night how the governors knew of the sting operations and arrival of the EFCC teams.

According to findings, some governors in Saudi Arabia, who got wind of the EFCC’s moves, have summoned a meeting for Makkah today to review the situation.

But the governors are not taking chances as they believe that the "invasion" of their states by the EFCC was informed by the forthcoming presidential primaries of the PDP.

A source, who spoke in confidence, said: "We have security reports that there is a plan to set EFCC against the governors to force them to back a particular aspirant.

"It is really unfortunate that we are sliding back to the era of arm-twisting like the case in 2007. If we believe in having sustainable democracy in this nation, why can’t they allow the system to work naturally.

"The governors are not above the law, but the timing of deployment of EFCC to some states is suspicious and ill-motivated to achieve a pre-determined agenda.

"This development is no doubt a consequence of intrigues within the ruling Peoples Democratic Party on presidential primaries. Some are out to whip governors into line to support an aspirant.

"Why is it that some of the targeted governors were those who backed the retention of zoning by the PDP? Is it a sin to hold a contrary view?

The source attributed the investigation of the anti-graft commission to the disagreement between the governors and the PDP leadership over order of primaries.

He added: "Some governors have insisted that presidential primaries must come last as the case in 1998, 2003 and 2007. But the NWC of the PDP is proposing that presidential primaries must be held ahead of governorship primaries to achieve a purpose.

"I can tell you that as long as it is a game of simple majority, those trying to muzzle the governors will not have their way
."

As at press time, it was learnt that some of the governors in Saudi Arabia and others overseas are to cut short their holidays and return for a meeting in Abuja next week.

A governor, who spoke on the telephone, said he would return to Nigeria on Saturday.

The EFCC admitted that it was carrying out investigations in some states, but it was silent on the number of such states.

Besides, it claimed that its investigation had no political motives.

The Head of Media and Publicity of the EFCC, Mr. Femi Babafemi, said: "The states where we are investigating at the moment are states where we have high volume of petitions.

"And these petitions had been assigned long ago to various teams by the chairman, Mrs. Farida Waziri. So, these teams have done the first stage of investigations, which is discreet, and the next stage is to interact with the suspected persons. This is what we are doing now.

"As I speak to you now, the EFCC chairman is attending a meeting in Vienna. So, wherever you find our operatives now, they are doing their legitimate duties, devoid of politics or any hidden agenda."

Responding to a question, Babafemi added: "Our investigation has nothing to do with politics.

"For instance, take the case of Rivers State; we have been there since 2008, carrying out some investigations over which some state officials have been charged to court and six others declared wanted. Will you now read political motive into this?"
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Ibime(m): 9:38am On Sep 03, 2010
Amaechi is talking about Odili. He shouldn't be scared to mention him by name instead of speaking in code.
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Gbawe: 9:55am On Sep 03, 2010
Ibime:

Amaechi is talking about Odili. He shouldn't be scared to mention him by name instead of speaking in code.

We all know of Amaechi's problem with Odili but here he is clearly talking about persecution from the President because he has failed to pledge his allegiance to the ambition of Jonathan:

the governor said he was not unaware of plots to stop his re-election because of his not-strong-enough support for President Jonathan’s ambition to contest the 2011 presidential election.

“We must reform the country. I have never said any day that I don’t support the president. Never! All I have said is that for me in Rivers State, we desire reform here and that reform I will pursue. Those who want to cart away Rivers money should wait after my tenure.
“What is EFCC doing here? They never came all these while. Today they are here. Why are they here?

OBJ never hesitated to destroy those who were achieving progress for Nigeria if they stood against his ambition. He did not care that he was leaving whole States , and thus the future of millions , in ruinous hands as long as he gained what he wanted. Jonathan is showing the same callousness . That is not the way forward for Nigeria. At a time when votes are being allowed to count all around us in West Africa we are busy playing "amala politics" of rented or gun-point "endorsement" because of the deleterious , egotistical and unpopular ambition of those who have always kept Nigeria down !!!

What next ? The removal of a Governor many consider the best in Nigeria (Fashola) because he fails to "endorse" Jonathan? It is Nigerians that will lose out with all this politricking. If Jonathan is to becomes President in 2011 Mr.President , because he does not enjoy anything near genuine majority support of Nigerians in all region , despite the fake noise of endorsement, must back woeful Governors (even if Nigerians vote against them as we saw in Ekiti) who can help him to deliver their State for his 'win'.
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 03, 2010
Is there a correlation between EFCC Deploying operatives in 10 States and Oronto Douglas' declaration that the Jonathan camp has fashioned out a 10 States strategy to win PDP Primaries
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Solomon227(m): 10:35am On Sep 03, 2010
Even the biggest supporter of Jonathan , if they have any decency in them, should start seeing and acknowledging that GEJ is another Yar Adua in the making . All we are seeing now is a carbon copy of how OBJ abused executive power and looted the Nigerian treasury to install Yar Adua as President. Donald Duke and co were bullied out of the PDP Primaries with force and EFCC persecution. The Worst criminals, just because they supported Yar Adua, were given an easy ride to their respective State House. The Yoruba region has been devasted by the pillaging and plundering of OBJ's ruinous impositions who helped him 'win' in 2003 and also assisted to secure Yar Adua's victory in 2007 . Jonathan is now shamelessly threading the same path. Anyone decent will, by now, have seen enough to note that Jonathan will be a disaster. We are going backwards with Jonathan's ambition and it is a shame some people cannot see that.

Gbawe Babangida we are defeating your Demon and unfortunately a good boy like Amaechi is standing on d fence. Its a family affair we shall resolve it but as for your Devil, NO WAY. No fairness for IBB that has leaved all his life on corruption, deceits, and kurnin-kurning. Even if he is winning we shall arm-twist him like he did to Yaradua and MKO.
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by marcdunu: 10:36am On Sep 03, 2010
Someone should kindly advice Jonathan to remove Imo from his unholy plans. Imo indigenes don't accept intimidation, OBJ failed to intimidate us, Iwuanyanwu or Arthur Nzeribe or nobody for that matter could constitute themselves into Godfather. All of these are for a reason.

You can blackmail Ohakim all you like by you will never win Imo by intimidation. The political establisment in Imo is already waiting to undermine Jonathan. And this will also eventually be the story of Abia, Enugu, Ebonyi and Anambra.

Imo State indigenes don't accept intimadation and it will not Start from Jonathan Goodluck. HE IS A TOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 03, 2010
Amaechi might be standing on the fence but Timipre Sylva is already on the wrong side of the fence.
Uduaghan is already sleeping on the wrong side of the fence because I don't see him supporting Jonny Boy while his cousin languishes in a Dubai/UK jail. Edwin Clark or no Edwin Clark.
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Solomon227(m): 10:49am On Sep 03, 2010
@ Mikeanstin

We shall drag all of u(southerners) in line while we scrample for Northern votes. Any1 with the Demon shall be taken care of by Waziri.We have given u enough time and space to fall in line jejeli. The final target is to shame the Devil and there is no going back
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by mbulela: 10:54am On Sep 03, 2010
Gbawe:

We all know of Amaechi's problem with Odili but here he is clearly talking about persecution from the President because he has failed to pledge his allegiance to the ambition of Jonathan:

OBJ never hesitated to destroy those who were achieving progress for Nigeria if they stood against his ambition. He did not care that he was leaving whole States , and thus the future of millions , in ruinous hands as long as he gained what he wanted. Jonathan is showing the same callousness . That is not the way forward for Nigeria. At a time when votes are being allowed to count all around us in West Africa we are busy playing "amala politics" of rented or gun-point "endorsement" because of the deleterious , egotistical and unpopular ambition of those who have always kept Nigeria down !!!

What next ? The removal of a Governor many consider the best in Nigeria (Fashola) because he fails to "endorse" Jonathan? It is Nigerians that will lose out with all this politricking. If Jonathan is to becomes President in 2011 Mr.President , because he does not enjoy anything near genuine majority support of Nigerians in all region , despite the fake noise of endorsement, must back woeful Governors (even if Nigerians vote against them as we saw in Ekiti) who can help him to deliver their State for his 'win'.

I am disappointed in you.
How could you expect anything different from GEJ?
I am still trying to understand where this hope in Jonathan is originating from?
Nothing in the man's speech, conduct or action portends any difference from the dark tunnel we presently inhabit.
I need to vote during this election, i am coming into town to vote but presently i can't see anyone worthy of my airfare.
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 03, 2010
Jonathan level no reach.

We shall see. I have told Jonathan folks to ignore the North because He does not even have 50% of Southern support.

Jonathan's political problems are in the South, expecially South-South. Folks know that he is not up to the job and will be a waste of space for all.

@Mbulela

Take a look at Donald Duke, I think he could be worth your air fare
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 03, 2010
My advice to Jonathan is not to allow his ambition make him a persona non grata in the South. Power is transient, he will not be in charge of EFCC forever.
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by chykenny: 11:02am On Sep 03, 2010
i really second you on this,
i think jonathan will make things happen in nigeria and not IBB or Atiku,

those men should go and enjoy the ill-gotten money
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Solomon227(m): 11:03am On Sep 03, 2010
Jonathan level no reach.

We shall see. I have told Jonathan folks to ignore the North because He does not even have 50% of Southern support.

Jonathan's political problems are in the South, expecially South-South. Folks know that he is not up to the job and will be a waste os space for all.

@Mbulela

Take a look at Donald Duke, I think he could be worth your air fare

U are a joke! The only 1(apart from the supreme being) that can defeat GEJ is GEJ. GEJ isnt d best candidate for most of us but be design or accident he has d brightest chance to shame the Demon(called IBB). GEJ obviuosly have 70% of SW votes d rest goin to Tinubu's candidate, he has 95 % of SS, and will surely have 75% of SE while the Ojukwu (APGA) will play out a factor. In case u are in doubt the re-run election in Gombe and Bauchi were won by PDP and once GEJ pick the ticket fairly or crookedly we shall go on to defeat d Devil faily or crookedly
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 03, 2010
Please what is your basis of 95% statitics for South South and 75% Statistics for South East?

please explain or stop plucking figures from thin air.
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Gbawe: 11:11am On Sep 03, 2010
mbulela:

I am disappointed in you.
How could you expect anything different from GEJ?
I am still trying to understand where this hope in Jonathan is originating from?
Nothing in the man's speech, conduct or action portends any difference from the dark tunnel we presently inhabit.
I need to vote during this election, i am coming into town to vote but presently i can't see anyone worthy of my airfare.

My brother , I have never expected Jonathan to be different because I know he cannot be since he was sponsored into the position of VP by those who use politics of imposition to keep Nigeria underdeveloped while they build mansions and business empires. Jonathan's posturing and thuggish conduct during the Ekiti Guber was all anyone needed to see to conclude that Mr.President is "more of the same".  The good folks of Ekiti saw their unanimous votes for Fayemi callously ignored by a Party only interested in imposing criminals everywhere who will maintain the "business-as-usual" ethos that keeps the wealth of Nigeria in the hands of a few.
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by shakara4u(m): 11:17am On Sep 03, 2010
@ gbawe,after he long gist, EFCC or no EFCC,
jst a few questions, whoz d ideal presidential canidate so far

why must the governor's soil their hands?yes they bullied ogbulafor to resign,but he gave them a reason, is Fashola supportting GEJ too?his workin well,so they wont even waste ther tym.wheather EFCC/GEJ/if u have questions to answer,clear the air and stop makin noise(refering to Ameachi)
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Gbawe: 11:33am On Sep 03, 2010
Solomon227:

Gbawe Babangida we are defeating your Demon and unfortunately a good boy like Amaechi is standing on d fence. Its a family affair we shall resolve it but as for your Devil, NO WAY. No fairness for IBB that has leaved all his life on corruption, deceits, and kurnin-kurning. Even if he is winning we shall arm-twist him like he did to Yaradua and MKO.

One thing I have noticed about the Nairaland supporters of Jonathan is that you have all developed desperate seige mentality with how you all feel you must automatically and decietfully defame and attack the character of anyone not  supporting Jonathan !!! It is a sign of the desperation you are all feeling . I do not, and have never supported IBB and the objective and non-bigoted members of this forum know that. IBB , Jonathan and Atiku all fall into the category of those who cannot take Nigeria forward . This is why they all do not have the support of the most respected Nigerians.

You fans of Jonathan are all incredibly naive if you think your boy can remain in Aso Rock , come 2011, on the slogan that "support Jonathan defeat IBB" !!!! It would mean you do not understand that Nigerians themselve , in free and fair elections  , will reject IBB and Jonathan.
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 03, 2010
shakara4u:

@ gbawe,after he long gist, EFCC or no EFCC,
jst a few questions, whoz d ideal presidential canidate so far

why must the governor's soil their hands?yes they bullied ogbulafor to resign,but he gave them a reason, is Fashola supportting GEJ too?his workin well,so they wont even waste ther tym.wheather EFCC/GEJ/if u have questions to answer,clear the air and stop makin noise(refering to Ameachi)

Fashola is not in PDP. Who he supports does not matter as it is of no effect at the PDP Primaries.

Was Amaechi not a popular Governor until it became obvious that he is not too keen on Jonathan. Was Amaechi not working well too?
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Gbawe: 11:56am On Sep 03, 2010
mikeansy:

Fashola is not in PDP. Who he supports does not matter as it is of no effect at the PDP Primaries.

Was Amaechi not a popular Governor until it became obvious that he is not too keen on Jonathan. Was Amaechi not working well too?

Precisely !!! The chap does not even understand that my mention of Fashola is a sarcastic retort to how Jonathan , backed by OBJ and co , will not hesitate to destroy anyone doing well for Nigeria if they stand in the way of Jonathan's selfish and highly unpopular ambition. A decent leader will understand, respect and bow to the level of his own popularity and/or lack of it. Someone who wants to be a good President will not start vindictively hounding the few good guys we have because he cannot win the Presidency on merit and inherent popularity alone.

OBJ, in our nascent democracy, perfected what Jonathan is doing now i.e total, shameless and outrightly dictatorial abuse of executive power to perpetuate the old order in office and relevance.

Was this not how a personal assistant to OBJ and fake Doctor (Andy Uba ) became the Governor of Anambra State? IBB is bad news but so is Jonathan and his deleterious godfathers.
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by texazzpete(m): 12:01pm On Sep 03, 2010
For once i agree with Mikeansy!

I too am stymied on who to vote for this time. All i see before me is a collection of rogues, rabble rousers and desperadoes!
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Gbawe: 12:18pm On Sep 03, 2010
texazzpete:

For once i agree with Mikeansy!

I too am stymied on who to vote for this time. All i see before me is a collection of rogues, rabble rousers and desperadoes!

My man  I understand your predicament. It is a shame that the Nigerian electorate is not mature and sophisticated . We all know that Babangida and Atiku will be rejected in free and fair elections. We are now seeing that Jonathan , from his nefarious associates and desperately dictatorial and insensitively profligate actions, is not worth our vote. The option is now for us all to remain calm and wait for every candidate to emerge . We must not start despairing that we are left with Jonathan, IBB and Atiku alone. It is thinking like this that has got us where we are today.

Many posited that Yar Adua should be supported because he was better than IBB and Atiku. Nigerians did not even bother to look at other candidates who presented a departure from the 'usual suspects' . Have we not learned anything from Yar Adua's wasted three years? We should all calm down wait to see who will run and get behind the candidate/s who have alway , by their actions , show that they want the progress of Nigeria . Premature despair or loss of hope will not save Nigeria. Resolute pragmatism will. Negotiations are ongoing so let us not conclude anything yet.
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by naso2(m): 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2010
Suddenly,just suddenly Gbawe now believes reports from pointblanknews, and why not , atleast it satisfies his craving. It's an anti-GEJ meal, a balanced diet for that matter. feast on Gbawe my man. tongue

I tried reading the lengthy report  but stopped when i saw:

there is a judgment of a Federal High Court which says EFCC cannot come to Rivers State. Is EFCC above the law?” he quizzed.

God forbid. So Efcc now has only 35 states and FCT to work with. nonsense.

Even from the report it is evident that EFCC's interest in the state started 2 years ago. May be in Gbawe's book, GEJ was the president then, and was showing off his "do-or-die" tactics. shocked shocked
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Beaf: 12:51pm On Sep 03, 2010
Even Donald Duke will vote for Uncle Joe. cool
Anything less than 99% for Jonathan in the SS will mean IBB has attempted rigging.

Nobody else is worth the trouble in 2011.
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by EzeUche22(m): 12:55pm On Sep 03, 2010
Amaechi is my governor and I will always support the man. I'll rather have him as president then Goodluck Jonathan.

Goodluck should tread carefully, Amaechi is very popular amongst the Non-Ijaw populations of the Niger Delta.

Jonathan should focus on his own backyard before he stars his wahala in the southeast.
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by EzeUche22(m): 12:56pm On Sep 03, 2010
Beaf:

Even Donald Duke will vote for Uncle Joe. cool
Anything less than 99% for Jonathan in the SS will mean IBB has attempted rigging.

Nobody else is worth the trouble in 2011.

Shutt the HELL up Beaf. There are more people running than IBB or Jonathan so just shut your mouth.

I am getting tired of you! angry
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by redsun(m): 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2010
Jonathan seems to be the best of thieves.The high thief among thieves.
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Beaf: 1:07pm On Sep 03, 2010
Gbawe's changing opinions of GEJ;
1. GEJ is weak (but GEJ replies by defeating the Yar Adua cabal)
2. GEJ is a coward (but GEJ replies by undoing the PHCN and NNPC cabals)
3. GEJ has no political machinery (GEJ replies with a political left hook and straight uppercut)
4. GEJ has no experience or vision (in 3+ short months, GEJ provides the vision in oil, gas, financial and power that others haven't been able to in years)

The latest is GEJ is "do or die" and employing "Obj tactic," . . . I laugh in Swahili!!! grin grin grin
Check points one and two to see how deeply Gbawe's and other undercover IBB supporters views have somersaulted acrobatically to counter any positives from GEJ. Na wa for some people sha!

[size=33pt]Jonathan carry go!!! 2011 is yours. IBB people are clowns!!![/size]
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Beaf: 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2010
EzeUche22:

Shutt the HELL up Beaf. There are more people running than IBB or Jonathan so just shut your mouth.

I am getting tired of you! angry

Muppet.
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by EzeUche22(m): 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2010
Beaf:

Muppet.

FOOL. You are no different from the people supporting IBB. Learn to think for yourself instead of riding someone else you fool.
Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by Beaf: 1:17pm On Sep 03, 2010
EzeUche22:

FOOL. You are no different from the people supporting IBB. Learn to think for yourself instead of riding someone else you fool.

EzeUche22: We the foolish warriors, we this, we that, we the d.i.c.kless and fcking stup!d" yada, yada, yada, yada and foolish yada!

Dumb arse. grin grin grin

Re: Jonathan: The "do-or-die" Desperation Is Growing . by EzeUche22(m): 1:19pm On Sep 03, 2010
Beaf, I shall call a spade a spade.

You are an idiot. I may play around a lot, but on certain issues, I will back up statements. The same people you demonizing is the same way you are acting. I cannot tell the difference between the IBB supporters and you. Only that you support Jonathan for some unknown reason.

A man who has not even declared his intent on the presidency. So just shut your mouth and stop living in a glass house.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Soja People Think They Have Unbridled Power / Nigerian Tourists Biggest Spenders In UK - Report / Jonathan Goes To Obudu For One Week Hibernation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.