Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse (21361 Views)

Unic Vilos Teacher Flogs 2-Year-Old Pupil Who Could Not Recite English Alphabet / UNN Zoology Students Afraid To Carry Snakes During Practical Class (Video) / Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by 2mercy: 7:04pm On Mar 18, 2019
by Olatunde Odebiyi

Kabiru

A Three-year-old survival of the recent building collapse at Ita Faji on Lagos Island, Kabiru Sasore, Monday said he is afraid of going to school again.

He said he was eating in his class when he suddenly heard a loud sound, thinking it was a bomb.

“I was eating in my class when my school collapsed, I heard a loud sound, and our school shook and all of us fell on each other. I was afraid and I didn’t want to go to school that day, I later saw a caterpillar. Though I am fine but my back is still painting me and my neck.”

He said he is afraid to go to school again because he does not want to experience the similar incident again.

His Aunty, Balikis Muhammed said he was discharged from the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH ) on Thursday, adding that he is still in medication and has an appointment in the hospital next Thursday.

“His mother, Idera, is not feeling fine due to the shock from the incident; she is currently on admission in the hospital. When I saw him in the hospital last Thursday, when he woke up in the hospital, what he told us was that they bombed his school, everybody shook and it was not fair. He was shouting the name of his friend from the same school who was by his bed side, that one was asleep but Kabiru continuously shouted his name and was banging on his bed till that one woke up, opened his eyes, shouted Daddy.”

Another survival, Farouk Abimbola, Seven years old, in Primary 3, said he was in his class and lectures were ongoing when the incident happened.

“We were in the class reading with our teacher when the building suddenly started shacking and it collapsed, I heard a loud sound and I saw pillars coming down. I later saw caterpillar then sand was covering my leg and my head; some people carried and removed me from the sand and took me to the hospital. My leg and my hand are still paining me

His Aunty, Titilayo Kowobar, said he has been discharged from the hospital but he is still going for treatment. She said his other is currently undergoing treatment in the hospital.

“She is not in the right frame of mind, because her house has also been demolished. Now the family has no where to live; the father hangs around, the mother and Farouk stays with me, while their other children stays else whee,” she said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/im-afraid-to-go-to-school-again-lagos-building-collapse-survivor/
Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by ojun50(m): 7:07pm On Mar 18, 2019
Some1 should help him understand he has to attend school for better 2mro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by iammo(m): 7:11pm On Mar 18, 2019
Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by iammo(m): 7:15pm On Mar 18, 2019
sad

We really need good therapist and psychologist in this country, how can they release the kid without him taking to a clinical counsellor.

We have a way of sweeping Psychological problem under the carpet or solving them with religion

PTSD naija solution Cele pastor river bath
Depression naija solution Talk to elders and your family
Alchohol Abuse naija solution Cele pastors with cane delivrance
Rape trauma naija solution Stop wearing revealing cloths and never speak of it again

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by tartar9(m): 8:35pm On Mar 18, 2019
Don't worry my dear,you shall go to school and you will be safe.Any plan of the igbos against you or against any Yoruba kid will backfire!
Ameen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 18, 2019
Never give up son
Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by Rubbiish(m): 8:35pm On Mar 18, 2019
ojun50:
Some1 should help him understand he has to attend school for better 2mro
Not anymore in nigeria

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 18, 2019
Join MC Oluomo he no kuku go school

3 Likes

Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by BlackfireX: 8:37pm On Mar 18, 2019
Which country?
Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by Tyche(m): 8:37pm On Mar 18, 2019
What those kids experienced are beyond words

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by jeroba1(m): 8:38pm On Mar 18, 2019
the boy need positive orientation
Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by fakuta(f): 8:39pm On Mar 18, 2019
Michika Adamawa state is under attack by Bokoharam cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by Westsida: 8:39pm On Mar 18, 2019
Fake...
Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by ignis: 8:40pm On Mar 18, 2019
The government need to give him scholarship to standard school and assure him of his safety.
Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by cocainpusher: 8:40pm On Mar 18, 2019
if they like let them beat me na them go tire, but let them not pursue me for school fees.This boy is a lazy student he does not like school
Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by tstx(m): 8:40pm On Mar 18, 2019
I'm a Christian... But not a strong one.. Which means i ask questions strong Christians refuse to ask... When this building collapsed on this little kids i ask pastor friend why God allowed this to happen.. The reply he gave me almost made me weep... God has his reasons was what he said to me

See my signature..

2 Likes

Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by LamidicownuBSS: 8:40pm On Mar 18, 2019
Boko Haram in michika again this evening.
Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by Westsida: 8:40pm On Mar 18, 2019
[s]
Hamilton1:
Afonjas Destroying der Kids future wit Ewedu nd Amala Building
[/s]
Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by gbaskiboy: 8:41pm On Mar 18, 2019
Sorry boy, those were part of life challenges you will face. Better future ahead of you
Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by Echo50(m): 8:41pm On Mar 18, 2019
u are a gr8t man cos gr8 men faces challenge from tender age. Go to sch so as to share ur story when u 've arrived.
Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by tunjilee003: 8:42pm On Mar 18, 2019
can you Just imagine a kid that survived such an horrible incident is scared of going back to school to that he won't be victim of another terrible incident....... Nigeria is turning into something else
Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by omoteacher(m): 8:42pm On Mar 18, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

With what they have experienced, to be under any building they will always be afraid. Thinking it may collapse. The traumatic experienced will live with them till they leave this earth. Youngy the Lord is your strength.

1 Like

Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by Jaynom(m): 8:43pm On Mar 18, 2019
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder(PTSD). These kids need therapy!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by 2blessed01(m): 8:43pm On Mar 18, 2019
I Feel 4 U Dear...But Its Still Important U Attend School...Maybe The Parents And A Good Therapist Will B Of Good Help Here!
Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by marosmart(m): 8:46pm On Mar 18, 2019
tartar9:
Don't worry my dear,you shall go to school and you will be safe.Any plan of the igbos against you or against any Yoruba kid will backfire!
Ameen.
Is this a tribal war
Am not understanding
Re: I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse by empressteemah06(f): 8:47pm On Mar 18, 2019
And see the way they turned this thread to a dumping ground for their usual afonja and Igbo rubbish.
Don't tell me those pupils helped the writer to write all this...

Didn't you proofread before posting...

thanks to Almighty for saving you kids.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers State University SUG Official Gives Boyfriend Award For Being Supportive / Preparing For Gmat And Graduate School in The US / JAMB Effectively Scraps Scratch Cards, Redesigns Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.