Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos (34627 Views)

Hard Drugs And Money Found In Ogun Hotel By Police During Raid / Armed Robbers Attack Bank In Ekiti, Policeman, Girl Shot Dead (Graphic Photos) / Yahoo Boys Injure EFCC Operative In Abuja During Raid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by nairafamedotcom: 12:39pm On Mar 19, 2019
There was fear and apprehension in the Adamo area of Ikorodu, Lagos, on Monday, when a policeman shot dead a girl during a raid.

The killing of the girl who is a trader sparked off heavy protest as youths in the area gave the patrol team a hot chase, forcing the police to abandon their vehicle and flee the scene. The youths seized the patrol vehicle and set it ablaze.

A witness, Ben Ndakat, said the policemen had stormed the Adamo area on an evening raid of suspected criminal hideouts.

Ndakat said as some suspected hoodlums were running away for fear of being arrested by the police, the cops started firing at the suspects but a stray bullet hit the young lady.

“The killing of the girl sparked off serious protest by an angry mob that chased after the policemen who fired randomly to scare people away, and they escaped but abandoned their patrol vehicle. The mob set the vehicle ablaze.

“I wonder the type of training the police authorities give to their policemen; how could they be firing in the midst of people? They should have known that those who they were chasing were using innocent people as shield. I watched how the girl, who was on her own, slumped and died after being hit by the bullet.”

The command’s Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Bala Elkana, confirmed that a girl was shot dead and said:

“Yes, a young girl was shot dead by a policeman from the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence, Panti. I don’t want to preempt their motive to the area, but I believe they were there on surveillance. The policeman who fired the shot is in our custody. We are investigating the matter.”

Read more below
Source: https://www.nairafame.com/2019/03/just-in-girl-shot-dead-by-police-during.html

Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by gurunlocker: 2:08pm On Mar 19, 2019
shocked

Trigger happy animals...

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by vastolord4(m): 2:08pm On Mar 19, 2019
Police can never be a friend.. even my Bro will be disowned by me if he's in black

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by chinavs9ja(m): 2:08pm On Mar 19, 2019
Sad!

If you need a professional website check my signature
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by KidsNEXTdoor: 2:08pm On Mar 19, 2019
Where is the picture

1 Like

Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:08pm On Mar 19, 2019
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by eben1marketer: 2:09pm On Mar 19, 2019
sad
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by publicenemy(m): 2:09pm On Mar 19, 2019
Why not chase the hoodlums and apprehend yhe m for the police. When you allow criminals settle in your neighborhood this is what you get.

R.I.P little girl

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by rovher: 2:09pm On Mar 19, 2019
Can u imagine... So sad... Keeps getting worse by the day ...

1 Like

Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by Tunasco4u(m): 2:10pm On Mar 19, 2019
OK
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by obajoey(m): 2:10pm On Mar 19, 2019
Knock knock knocking on Canada's door. pls Canada open door for me

This country chai

3 Likes

Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by Opiletool(m): 2:10pm On Mar 19, 2019
Johnny Just Drop

1 Like

Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by Ayoslimzy(m): 2:11pm On Mar 19, 2019
So sad
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by slawomir: 2:11pm On Mar 19, 2019
Okay
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by MyGeneration(m): 2:11pm On Mar 19, 2019
The way Nigerian workers act both in the public and private sector makes me not to blame them, I blame the hrm of these institutions.

These days u go to even banks and the workers find it difficult to attend to you talkless of government organizations

1 Like

Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by freeze001(f): 2:11pm On Mar 19, 2019
After stating clearly that the girl was shot by the policeman and that they have him in their custody what is there to investigate again please? This is what they will do to drag the matter and frustrate her family until everyone gets tired and the murderer will be given a transfer and promotion! Dirty Nigeria Police!

10 Likes

Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by Keywordconcept(m): 2:12pm On Mar 19, 2019
What a loss!

1 Like

Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by Nteogwuija(m): 2:12pm On Mar 19, 2019
Quite an unfortunate girl.

RIP to the dead.

But on a more serious note, the Nigerian police needs a complete overhaul.

1 Like

Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by sirusX(m): 2:12pm On Mar 19, 2019
Na sorry go end matter

Police never take care of their own....talkless of families affected by their recklessness

2 Likes

Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by bamasite(m): 2:13pm On Mar 19, 2019
One of the reasons why you don't have to think twice when you see a genuine opportunity to leave this country

6 Likes

Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by dokyOloye: 2:13pm On Mar 19, 2019
The zoo police will soon release a press statement which will contain the following excerpts.

"Our men came under heavy gunfire".
"In d ensuing melee,the lady was hit by a bullet fired by the hoodlums".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by ekpesa(m): 2:13pm On Mar 19, 2019
Death everywhere in my country, hope this next level things wasn't all about death?
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by oyetunder(m): 2:14pm On Mar 19, 2019
Giving guns to mentally unstable uniformed touts.

5 Likes

Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by omoteacher(m): 2:14pm On Mar 19, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

No month passes by without hearing news like this in naija. If it isn't NP, it will be NA. Almighty God please heal our land naija.

1 Like

Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by ud4u: 2:16pm On Mar 19, 2019
What are they investigating?, the police that never denied killing the girl or the dead body? Pls I need urgent answer

2 Likes

Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by seangy4konji: 2:16pm On Mar 19, 2019
rip girl.
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:17pm On Mar 19, 2019
embarassed
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by Bustincole(m): 2:19pm On Mar 19, 2019
Police are d problem of dis country

1 Like

Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by Lanre4uonly(m): 2:21pm On Mar 19, 2019
This is sad.
May God rest the soul of the innocent girl and comfort the family she left behind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eight Men Molest A Teenager To Death In Anambra / Fraudster Confesses Using Photos Of This Lady To Scam, Promises Compensation / Zimbawean Man Kills His Wife Over Used Condom (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.