Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes (2846 Views)

Iranian Poets Sentenced To 99 Lashes For Handshakes With Members Of Opposite Sex / 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers / How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by AloyEmeka8: 1:25am On Sep 07, 2010
Adultery: Iranian woman to receive 99 lashes

A demonstrator holds a picture of Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani at a protest in front of the Iranian Embassy in Rome earlier this month.
An Iranian woman sentenced to death by stoning for adultery now faces being whipped for indecency, her son said.

Iranian authorities sentenced Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani to 99 lashes after the Times published a picture purportedly of her without a headscarf, the British Broadcasting Corporation reports.

The Times later published a correction, saying the photograph was of a different Iranian woman.

After an international outcry, Iranian officials temporarily halted Ashtiani’s stoning sentence in July.

There are fears that the death sentence could still be carried out by hanging.

Ashtiani’s son had given several interviews saying he was told of the new sentence of 99 lashes by people who were recently released from the prison in Tabriz where his mother is being held.

On August 28, the Times published a picture it said was of Ashtiani that it had obtained from one of her lawyers.

The lawyer, Mohammad Mostafei, who has fled Iran, said he received the picture from her son, Sajad Ghaderzadeh - a claim Ghaderzadeh denies.

Ghaderzadeh said the new sentence was “an excuse to increase (the authorities’) harassment of our mother.”

In an open letter, he said his mother had been sentenced to receive 99 lashes “on false charges of spreading corruption and indecency by disseminating this picture of a woman presumed to be her without hijab.”

He said he did not believe the sentence had been carried out but that her family and lawyer had not been allowed to visit her for two weeks and she had not been allowed to use a telephone.

Ghaderzadeh said the family was appealing against the sentence.

In May 2006, a criminal court in East Azerbaijan province found Ashtiani guilty of having had an “illicit relationship” with two men following the death of her husband. She was given 99 lashes.

But that September, during the trial of a man accused of murdering her husband, another court reopened an adultery case based on events that allegedly took place before her husband died.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headlines/60547-Adultery-Iranian-woman-receive-lashes.html
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 07, 2010
Where are these cr.az.y islamic fundamentalists like nopuqeater,vedaxhot&bash-demy. Pls justify this barbaric act.
Moderators jesoul&the other chap, dont move this topic to islamic section. Live it here for us to post therein
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by VALIDATOR: 7:53am On Sep 07, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

Adultery: Iranian woman to receive 99 lashes

A demonstrator holds a picture of Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani at a protest in front of the Iranian Embassy in Rome earlier this month.
An Iranian woman sentenced to death by stoning for adultery now faces being whipped for indecency, her son said.

Iranian authorities sentenced Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani to 99 lashes after the Times published a picture purportedly of her without a headscarf, the British Broadcasting Corporation reports.

The Times later published a correction, saying the photograph was of a different Iranian woman.

After an international outcry, Iranian officials temporarily halted Ashtiani’s stoning sentence in July.

There are fears that the death sentence could still be carried out by hanging.

Ashtiani’s son had given several interviews saying he was told of the new sentence of 99 lashes by people who were recently released from the prison in Tabriz where his mother is being held.

On August 28, the Times published a picture it said was of Ashtiani that it had obtained from one of her lawyers.

The lawyer, Mohammad Mostafei, who has fled Iran, said he received the picture from her son, Sajad Ghaderzadeh - a claim Ghaderzadeh denies.

Ghaderzadeh said the new sentence was “an excuse to increase (the authorities’) harassment of our mother.”

In an open letter, he said his mother had been sentenced to receive 99 lashes “on false charges of spreading corruption and indecency by disseminating this picture of a woman presumed to be her without hijab.”

He said he did not believe the sentence had been carried out but that her family and lawyer had not been allowed to visit her for two weeks and she had not been allowed to use a telephone.

Ghaderzadeh said the family was appealing against the sentence.

In May 2006, a criminal court in East Azerbaijan province found Ashtiani guilty of having had an “illicit relationship” with two men following the death of her husband. She was given 99 lashes.

But that September, during the trial of a man accused of murdering her husband, another court reopened an adultery case based on events that allegedly took place before her husband died.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headlines/60547-Adultery-Iranian-woman-receive-lashes.html

We must respect the fact that their society seriously frowns at adultery by a woman and do not take it with the levity of the west.
That law operates in that society and everybody must abide by it. It seems most people in the west do not see anything wrong in telling another country how to run it's internal affairs.

I am not in support of stoning to death or the 99 lashes BS but for fork's sake she is f****king aware of the f***king law and she f***king broke it. So,she should face the f***king consequences.
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by vedaxcool(m): 10:28am On Sep 07, 2010

He was told, he was told by others, Now how are we sure he was really told anything, as I believe the family are Just trying to make this as controversial as possible, and again freaks and extremist like Toba do not know the Law of Iran and how it is applied, adultery I have come to understand is Kosher(permitted) in Christendom, but we muslims will continue to reject such foolishness as that is why Ba*stards are becoming very common sight in Christendom, since to them the Law has been done away with, well enjoy the bastardom as it last, simply put you break the Law you do the time/pay the price, I only hope their system will do justice. And didn't the bible the wages of sin is death.
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by philip0906(m): 11:54am On Sep 07, 2010
very correct. . If 2 bomb and maim is a way of life for u guys,what is 99lashes?
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by AloyEmeka5: 12:31pm On Sep 07, 2010
99 lashes no be small thing o.
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by philip0906(m): 12:39pm On Sep 07, 2010
^^
To u now. . .but to them?its like juice
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by vedaxcool(m): 2:39pm On Sep 07, 2010
vedaxcool:

[size=13pt]
He was told, he was told by others, Now how are we sure he was really told anything, as I believe the family are Just trying to make this as controversial as possible, and again freaks and extremist like Toba do not know the Law of Iran and how it is applied, adultery I have come to understand is Kosher(permitted) in Christendom, but we muslims will continue to reject such foolishness as that is why Ba*stards are becoming very common sight in Christendom, since to them the Law has been done away with, well enjoy the bastardom as it last, simply put you break the Law you do the time/pay the price, I only hope their system will do justice. And didn't the bible the wages of sin is death.
[/size]
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 07, 2010
vedaxcool:

now barbaric law is very good se? moreso women that are to be treated carefully is now to be lashed?
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by vedaxcool(m): 5:16pm On Sep 07, 2010
toba:

now barbaric law is very good se? moreso women that are to be treated carefully is now to be lashed?

If your Girl friend kills your Mum tell the Law to Treat her carefully eh. I laugh at your Intelligence. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 07, 2010
vedaxcool:

If your Girl friend kills your Mum tell the Law to Treat her carefully eh. I laugh at your Intelligence. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
u must be sick in the brain for the above. Is there no law of forgiveness in ur quran? if anyone commits an offence against u?
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by Oba234: 6:00pm On Sep 07, 2010
I guess some idiots are still living in the stone age. Why is it always the woman that is being stoned? what about the man in this situation? This babaric laws are always made to restrict women. I love how the bible says "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" useless hypocrites want to stone a woman to death while they are not perfect human beings either.
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 07, 2010
Oba234:

I guess some idiots are still living in the stone age. Why is it always the woman that is being stoned? what about the man in this situation? This babaric laws are always made to restrict women. I love how the bible says "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" useless hypocrites want to stone a woman to death while they are not perfect human beings either.
Some idiots wouldnt care about that. I recall my fiance once did a very nasty thing,but let her be peaceful. If i were to be a muslim, i would have done evil to her like vedaxcool?
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by harakiri(m): 6:01am On Sep 08, 2010
VALIDATOR:

We must respect the fact that their society seriously frowns at adultery by a woman and do not take it with the levity of the west.
That law operates in that society and everybody must abide by it. It seems most people in the west do not see anything wrong in telling another country how to run it's internal affairs.

I am not in support of stoning to death or the 99 lashes BS but for fork's sake she is f****king aware of the f***king law and she f***king broke it. So,she should face the f***king consequences.

Abeg, helep me tell dem ooo. . .

The middle easterners have their own way of life.What the west considers to be barbaric might be proper to them and vice versa. As brutal as it sounds, they have their own laws that works for them and NOBODY has the moral right to tell them otherwise most especially the western forces who have killed tens of thousands of their innocent civilians (women and children included) all in the name of "war on terror" that has proved to be a hoax and the only interest the western forces have there is in their oil and opium!

Asian countries especially China and North Korea have little human rights available there.Can the US dare to tell them what and what not to do?
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 08, 2010
Thats a c.ra.zy law. I dont think the God the iranians claim to serve is that harsh, telling angels to flog sinners
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by harakiri(m): 6:44am On Sep 08, 2010
toba:

Thats a c.ra.zy law. I dont think the God the iranians claim to serve is that harsh, telling angels to flog sinners

You think that is a crazy law?

What do you think of laws that empower a woman to sue her husband for over 70% of what he already had BEFORE HE MARRIED HER? What do you think of some states in the US that give "indigenous" Americans the right to shoot at sight any stranger that "trespasses" on their lawn (it could be a newspaper boy for all we care)? What do you think of the minimum 90 years imprisonment for drug traffickers in Asia who are caught with a few ounces? What do you think of laws that enable children below 13 years of age to disown their parents through "emancipation" and also collect their inheritance before they reach adulthood?

How many person wan talk? There are "crazy" laws everywhere.Everybody does what works for them.
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by harakiri(m): 6:49am On Sep 08, 2010
toba:

Thats a c.ra.zy law. [/b]I dont think the God the iranians claim to serve is that harsh, telling angels to flog sinners

How about the recent marriage law that has been passed in France (and perhaps other European countries) whereby a husband has [b]NO RIGHT
to raise his voice or yell at his wife.If he does that, he gets to either pay a hefty fine or spend some time in prison. Meanwhile, this same law doesn't apply to the woman and she can raise all hell and nothing will be done to her.

How fair is that? And this is a fully developed country we are talking about.Very soon the US will follow suit and implement the same.Do these laws sound remotely sane to you?
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 08, 2010
Does those law inflict any physical harm to the body like cane or stonning?
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by VALIDATOR: 8:00am On Sep 08, 2010
toba:

Does those law inflict any physical harm to the body like cane or stoning?

@toba,i can't believe a well read person like you considers only the physical harm. What about the psychological damage done?Whereas it is not about the nature of the punishment.It is about applying a law that works for them.

It is grossly unfortunate that the average Nigerian is very poor at trend analysis and using figures obtained from facts to make deductions. The west whom you worship through their ways of life and religions has much higher divorce rates than Nigeria. They tell you a woman and her husband are equal.The more they push the equality,the more the divorce rates climb.Now it's tending to half of all marriages in the west breaking up.

In the west and other highly individualistic societies,more money=more happiness. But in many other non western styled societies,preserving their heritage gives them more happiness than increase in GDP. Can't we respect that ?
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by bashydemy(m): 10:38am On Sep 08, 2010
toba:

u must be sick in the brain for the above. Is there no law of forgiveness in your quran? if anyone commits an offence against u?
Toba i guess you have just finish drinking your ogogoro (wine) that was turned from water by your Jesus, is there no Law of forgiveness in China Bible and there Religion book before they say who have was caught with certain cocain the penalty is death and no matter who you are even if Obama first daughter was caught with Cocaine the penalty is death, can i ask you some Question? if you caught your fiance with a man in Bed what will your reaction be? will you forgive and take her to the altar?
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 08, 2010
In the first place God will never give me a cheat as a wife. And two, if i caught my fiance in the act, i will forgive her.
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 08, 2010
Dnt let us mix things up. Yes law is law, but most of us including u most times criticizes barbaric acts of purnishment for such little offense. Im one of those that clamour for death penalties for kidnappers&armed robbers, but a theif of N50 Should enjoy such a gravious punishment. Even women should be treated fairly no matter what. In Nigeria, we have ministry of women affairs but no men affairs ministry. Women may be given other punishment, but flogging/stonning imo is bad
VALIDATOR:

@toba,i can't believe a well read person like you considers only the physical harm. What about the psychological damage done?Whereas it is not about the nature of the punishment.It is about applying a law that works for them.

It is grossly unfortunate that the average Nigerian is very poor at trend analysis and using figures obtained from facts to make deductions. The west whom you worship through their ways of life and religions has much higher divorce rates than Nigeria. They tell you a woman and her husband are equal.The more they push the equality,the more the divorce rates climb.Now it's tending to half of all marriages in the west breaking up.

In the west and other highly individualistic societies,more money=more happiness. But in many other non western styled societies,preserving their heritage gives them more happiness than increase in GDP. Can't we respect that ?

Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by bashydemy(m): 9:28pm On Sep 08, 2010
toba:

Dnt let us mix things up. Yes law is law, but most of us including u most times criticizes barbaric acts of purnishment for such little offense. Im one of those that clamour for death penalties for kidnappers&armed robbers, but a theif of N50 Should enjoy such a gravious punishment. Even women should be treated fairly no matter what. In Nigeria, we have ministry of women affairs but no men affairs ministry. Women may be given other punishment, but flogging/stonning imo is bad
hmmmm toba i guess you are just coming back from yaba left i am the one that make the law or is it my crime that Nigeria is a no law country? every country has there own law and if you are not satisfy with there law i guess you need to hug the nearest transfer or jump into the nearest canal cos there is nothin you can do about there law ok.
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by vedaxcool(m): 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2010
toba:

[size=15pt]
Are you Talking of the same god in the Bible that abondon his son and left him shouting "My Lord My Lord, why have thou Forsaken me?", "The same god that left his own? son? to be trialed unjustly and tortured? I expect you to be more reasonable than that, go and explain to us why this same god in the bible allowed his? children? to practice stoning adulterers to death, in addition this same Law Jesus claimed not to come to abolish. In addition the woman is accused of Murder and Adultery together, Followig your sense of justice why would you accept the killing of Jesus(an innocent man) for you to be sin free,[size=25pt] but knowing you as some one that will never answer any criticism of religion rather you rush to engage in senseless insult I DOUBT IT IF YOU CAN PROVIDE ANY REASONABLE ANSWER[/size], BASHY_DEMY WELL DONE CAUSE IT ONLY TAKES A PATIENT MAN TO KEEP UP WITH SOMEONE OF LESSER INTERLECT IN A DEBATE, OVER TO YOU TOBA.
[/size]
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by bashydemy(m): 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2010
You right jare vedaxcool waiting for his answer
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by newmi(m): 2:36pm On Sep 10, 2010
do they give any medication to accomodate the pains
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by newmi(m): 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2010
come to think of it
why is it 99 lashes, why not 50 or 70 or even 100
please somebody help me find out there's any reasonable significance undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by newmi(m): 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2010
This is for anyone who cares to listen and please note and get a copy for the iranian authorities
THE RULING SYSTEM IN IRAN IS DESTINED TO FAIL ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 10, 2010
bashy_demy:

You right jare vedaxcool waiting for his answer
u both are insane. If it were to be your mother/sister that was involved, im sure u guys will frown at the same law
vedaxcool:

[size=15pt]
Are you Talking of the same god in the Bible that abondon his son and left him shouting "My Lord My Lord, why have thou Forsaken me?", "The same god that left his own? son? to be trialed unjustly and tortured? I expect you to be more reasonable than that, go and explain to us why this same god in the bible allowed his? children? to practice stoning adulterers to death, in addition this same Law Jesus claimed not to come to abolish. In addition the woman is accused of Murder and Adultery together, Followig your sense of justice why would you accept the killing of Jesus(an innocent man) for you to be sin free,[size=25pt] but knowing you as some one that will never answer any criticism of religion rather you rush to engage in senseless insult I DOUBT IT IF YOU CAN PROVIDE ANY REASONABLE ANSWER[/size], BASHY_DEMY WELL DONE CAUSE IT ONLY TAKES A PATIENT MAN TO KEEP UP WITH SOMEONE OF LESSER INTERLECT IN A DEBATE, OVER TO YOU TOBA.
[/size]
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by bashydemy(m): 3:47pm On Sep 10, 2010
@toba are you an Iranian? or is she your sister? if yes then sue iran Goverment ok if not you can jump over the 3rd mainland bridge ok.
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by vedaxcool(m): 6:45pm On Sep 10, 2010
bashy_demy:

@toba are you an Iranian? or is she your sister? if yes then sue iran Goverment ok if not you can jump over the 3rd mainland bridge ok.

lol! grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley smiley smiley wink wink cool 8

toba:

u both are insane. If it were to be your mother/sister that was involved, im sure u guys will frown at the same law

Mad man you are! you have failed to answer the simple question I asked, coz the truth is far from you.

vedaxcool:

[size=15pt]
[/size]
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 10, 2010
bashy_demy:

i just shake my head.After wasting ur time&starving ur self for 30 useless days, all u can post is the junk above? I pity the people that brought u up

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dr Fireman And Nigerian Preachers Are Decieving Us (a Video) / Breaking News: Rev Fr Mbaka Sacked From His Parish / Is It A Sin To Admire A Woman's Big Nyash?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.