Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,823 members, 7,806,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

50calibre's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 50calibre's Profile / 50calibre's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 196 pages)

Health / Re: Russia Accuses Bill Gates Of Engineering The Zika Virus As A ‘Bioweapon’ by 50calibre(m): 1:40am On Feb 17, 2016
SirShymexx:

Laughable retort. I wasn't going to debate it and I was going to stop at the plausibility of the story, while giving a background of the Gates family. However, I'll just expand a bit on it - just to show you how wrong you're.

The fact that you don't see a big deal in the connection that a disease that has been in existence since 1947 and has never been diagnosed in more than 70 people (until 2013 when it moved up a notch to 388 cases within in year), suddenly mutated when genetically engineered mosquitoes got involved - and now has over 1 million people infected, within a year and is spreading rapidly like never before, is problematic. I'm sure you know it's transmitted by Aedes mosquitoes. Also, prior to the recent outbreak - there wasn't any recorded death cases. But the new strain has killed people in South America and it also causes deadly neurological condition thus destroying people's immune system and damaging their nerve cells - and this can lead to paralysis. Even microcephaly can lead to stunted brain development.

You can read these links for the deaths:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/02/12/health/venezuela-ziva-virus-venezeuela/
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/04/colombia-zika-virus-first-deaths-patients

Apart from Venezuela and Colombia, Brazil has also reported death cases.

Who knows how vicious the new mutation is? Mutation just doesn't happen that way, especially since there was previously no drugs against the virus. Virus mutate based on denial of accessibility by the host. That's just basic biology.

Lastly, if you understand how pharmaceutical companies work - you'd know that whoever wants to develop a cure, for commercial purpose, would need approval from the patent owner.

I tried replying this but as usual the useless spam bot on this forum banned me, I was just unbanned this afternoon.

To avoid long unnecessary story, my argument was simple

- Bill gates family background is of no relevance in this context, ignore the conspiracy theorist

- Zika virus can't be a weapon, it's too benign. If you took the time to read that link you posted, you'd see clearly stated there that the WHO is yet to identify any adult death. If out of the 10s of thousands of reported cases, only 3 deaths in Venezuela and 3 in Columbia, that's an indication of how poor it's mortality is.

- Rockafella foundation doesn't own the patent of that virus, that's another lie found on conspiracy websites.

Here's a link debunking that silly conspiracy, you can choose to believe fact or stick with conspiracy

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/zika-virus-conspiracy-theories-about-gmo-mosquitoes-and-intentional-infection-spread-as-fears-of-a6861156.html
Health / Re: Russia Accuses Bill Gates Of Engineering The Zika Virus As A ‘Bioweapon’ by 50calibre(m): 7:46pm On Feb 14, 2016
SirShymexx:

Alluding to the plausibility of an opinion doesn't mean I'm saying it's the gospel truth. And the fact that the virus existed 40 years ago and wasn't this vicious - that doesn't negate the fact that the recent outbreak of the virus started from the same country they released genetically engineered mosquitoes into - allegedly to kill off the virus (you can read about the Oxitec trials). Also, it doesn't negate the fact that the Rockefeller Foundation owns the patent to the virus.

A number of deaths have actually been reported and the new strain is much more vicious than the previous one.

There might be a connection between the introduction of genetically engineered mosquitos into Brazil and the recent outbreak given the sudden spike in the disease but even if there was, that's not to say it was deliberately orchestrated to cause disease. The speed of this outbreak may be attributed to some mutation somewhere, there are many unforeseen and unpredictable circumstances when dealing with genetically engineered organisms that's why science continues to explore and learn from past mistakes.

It is highly implausible in this case that Zika is some man made weapon meant to depopulate the world. It's a ridiculous theory given the facts we already know

- Zika is close to 70 years old and comes from the same family as dengue fever & yellow

- The WHO is yet to record any adult deaths proven to be as a result of the recent Zika.. As a matter of fact, up to 80% of those who contract it don't know they have it. It's symptoms are very mild.

If Zika was meant as a weapon, then that must be the most benign weapon even malaria does a far better job of killing more people.

As for the Rockafella patent story, that's something found on conspiracy websites (there are lots of them out there) there's little or no truth to that. The only connection between Rockafella and Zika is the scientist who discovered the virus happened to work for the foundation at the time.

1 Like

Health / Re: Russia Accuses Bill Gates Of Engineering The Zika Virus As A ‘Bioweapon’ by 50calibre(m): 6:00pm On Feb 14, 2016
SirShymexx:
Not surprised.

The Gates family have always been like that. Bill Gates dad, William H. Gates, was one of the biggest players in eugenics research - with Margaret Sanger.

Is this the same Shymmex I know it is it someone else using the moniker? Because the Shymmex I know should be analytical enough to identify silly conspiracy theories.

The Zika virus preceeds bill gates, it was discovered in 40s and besides that, it is benign & non-virulent. Some people who contract the virus are unaware they have it while some develop mild symptoms. In essence it is non-lethal to human beings, complications as a result of Zika are very rare and so far there have been fewer than 10 fatalities attributed to Zika

The major concern is for pregnant women where it seems to do the most damage by causing the foetus to develop microcephaly (a condition where they're born with abnormally small heads & underdeveloped brains) and Zika hasn't been conclusively proven to be the primary cause of this.

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Port Harcourt International Airport Ranked Worlds Worst Airport by 50calibre(m): 5:30pm On Oct 19, 2015
Afam4eva:
The fact that it made the list is an achievement in my opinion.

So you've been exposed to constant failure, you now consider it an achievement?

1 Like

Travel / Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by 50calibre(m): 11:46pm On Oct 05, 2015
Lolz I never knew Peckham has been geographically moved from south to north... Bravo!! Haha im not even going to waste my time tackling the many inaccuracies in this half-thrash.

This report paints a very bleak prospect for African migrants in London, as if to say life in Africa is anything close to good or modest. The fact of the matter is many of these so called "woes of London" are greatly exaggerated. There's no denying that life in London can be sometimes hard for some people (even white Brits aren't exempt) however it would be delusional to compare a civilised 21st century society in the U.K to the horrors and suffering that abounds in Africa, the value of life in both places is in very sharp contrast.

All these talk of racism, hardship bla bla bla are very misleading. Racism does exist in the UK, however covertly & in very minute quanities. I can't take the accusation of police racial/ethnic profiling seriously because haven spent most of my life in the UK, never have I been stopped, searched or questioned when out & about. The police are trained to read suspicious body language and when they feel you could be a person of interest, they'd stop you.

Now is that to say that racial profiling doesn't exist in the UK? Absolutely not!! It does exist but in very rare doses. As a matter of fact if you feel you've been racially profiled, you could choose to make a formal complaint & best believe your case would be pursued vigorously. I can't however say the same of the Nigerian police who in fact constitute one of the biggest threats to life.

If you're looking to amass wealth overnight, the U.K. Isn't for you but if you're looking to make an honest living and live in peace, security & dignity then look no further than the U.K.

12 Likes

Sports / Re: Is There Any Boxer Capable Of Beating Floyd Mayweather? by 50calibre(m): 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2015
cromz:
Simon Peter can beat him Klitschko can beat him but they have all retired

Lol what a comedian grin
Sports / Re: Is There Any Boxer Capable Of Beating Floyd Mayweather? by 50calibre(m): 9:12pm On Sep 22, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
There have been talks of Floyd being unbeatable.Pacquiao has tried,cotto has tried.I had so much faith in Zab judah and maidana but they failed.Now my question is this.If floyd doesn't retire in the next couple of years, who are the boxers you think have the potentials to take him to the canvas.All sports fans are welcomed to this discussion.Cc shamecurls,50calibre,chic2pimp,bundesligabest,justkay3,nihilist,lifebender,straneur

Floyd is not unbeatable, no fighter is.. It's just there isn't any fighter of this dispensation capable of beating him. I think Floyd is so smart a business man to step into the ring with anyone capable of beating him anyway (especially when they're in their prime)

I hear the word "technicality" being thrown around a lot & it makes me wonder, what makes Floyd mayweather technical? He has little or no offense, and in my books just running around the ring slipping & dodging with no offense doesn't make you technical.

Then there is the issue of his power, Floyd has as much punching power as a 10 year old, it's just laughable. He could come back with a million counter punches and still leave his opponent's face looking fresh.... He has zero killer instinct, the last time Floyd knocked out anyone was in 2007 against Hatton (and it was a TKO rather than a KO). His last KO against Cotto was a sucker punch & therefore doesn't count. There is nothing technical or exciting about this guy.

If running around the ring without actually fighting is your definition of technical, then Floyd is your guy, he's such an escape artist, it's almost impossible to catch him but punching wise nah!! Give me a break.

The best punch in Floyd's toolkit is his straight counter punch, that's all, he's not an artist like the host of other great champions he loves comparing himself to

Though I must admit, he did show some reasonable offense in his last fight against berto. As for who he should face next, I'm really not keen to be honest, except they're going to shorten the ring to half the size, in that case put Pacquaio, Cotto or Alvarez in there with him & they might just stand a chance

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: The Fabulous Life Of Kcee And How He Spends His Millions (Photos) by 50calibre(m): 4:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
Joavid:
50calibre, I see you viewing this thread. Where you been?

I've been around though haven't been frequenting NL of recent.

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: The Fabulous Life Of Kcee And How He Spends His Millions (Photos) by 50calibre(m): 12:38pm On Aug 11, 2015
Jaxera:
Absolute Foolishness!

Why can't people be wise and spend reasonably?
When the money finishes, he will be the one pleading and begging like OJB

I once watched a documentary of Warren Buffet, the 3rd richest man in the world, with a Net worth of more than $46,billion

He still lives in the Omaha, Nebraska, a home he bought for $31,500 more than 50 years ago.
He doesn’t own a yacht because, as he puts it,“Most toys are just a pain in the neck.”When he married his second wife, rather than a lavish wedding, it was just a brief afternoon wedding at his daughter’s house.

28 year old founder and Ceo of facebook, Mark Zuckerberg just drives an Acura, because according to him "it’s safe and not ostentatious"

He also wears the same gray t-shirt and hoodie to work every day because he doesn't have time to stress his brain on choices of things to wear.

His wedding to longtime girlfriend Priscilla Chan took place in his backyard.

These guys are billionaires in dollars, but kacee that don't have the assurance that he would still be wealthy come next year is just lavishly spending his money.

The preaching of a hungry man, ... You have no point here because for every prudent billionaire, there are many more lavish ones.

Poor people seem to be good financial advicers yet they can't apply that wisdom towards making money Lool

3 Likes 1 Share

Crime / Re: Abia Driver Arrested For Alleged Rape Of Female Passenger by 50calibre(m): 3:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
cococandy:
I've never heard anyone think lightly of murder.or treat it lightly.

Really? Well a quick google search "Is rap*e worse than murder" should be a good start
Crime / Re: Abia Driver Arrested For Alleged Rape Of Female Passenger by 50calibre(m): 3:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
cococandy:

No you don't have to be gay. It's rape remember? It's against your wish. By force. Whether you want it or not. Whether the guy is a dirty pig from a slum or not. He wants you and he takes you. They take you. No other option at the moment. Feels horrible to imagine huh?

This is why you shouldn't say stuff you don't know. You have no idea what being forcefully penetrated could feel like. Heck you don't even know what the mutual one feels like much less the forced one.

The fact that you will be open to being molested by a gang of women should show you that you have not the inkling, the faintest idea what forced sex for a woman is like. For you it would be pleasurable being forced to have sex a group of women. And you imagine it can't be that bad for a lady. But you're not a lady. That's why you're not in the position to say it's not a huge violation. Jeez! 50. Did you type that with your hands?

Ok! Fair point but I'm not meant to be penetrated, I wasn't meant to be on the receiving end by nature so I can't really equate the two. Besides I don't think there's any man alive capable of doing that to me without probably dying right there.

I know rape is a violation, but my point is; the media of today (especially in the west) try to exaggerate its impact to the point, murder becomes a more tolerable crime.

Any little rap*e scene on TV, and the whole feminazi movement rise up anger.. I don't know if you follow game of thrones but that's a very good example. Murder is ok, mutilating a man is ok but a poorly depicted rape scene crosses a line.... Isn't that insanity?

Then what about the unfair treatment of those accused of rap*e? Any woman can wake up and accuse a man of rap*e and you can clearly see that the society are generally unwilling to give such accused any benefit of doubt.

At least you can understand what I'm saying
Crime / Re: Abia Driver Arrested For Alleged Rape Of Female Passenger by 50calibre(m): 8:23am On Jul 14, 2015
cococandy:

How would you feel if a man forcefully penetrated you? Would you want to kill him? What if you couldn't do anything about it. I.e he's stronger than you. Or there were many of them and you couldn't fight back as they over powered you?
What if you couldn't get justice afterwards?

Why should a man forcefully penetrate me, I don't even see that happening even if they were many... Besides why a man? I'm not gay.

Why not a woman, I would be very much open to a woman or gang of women holding me down and having their way with me... I would even feign weakness so they'd overpower me easily. So what's the fuss?
Crime / Re: Abia Driver Arrested For Alleged Rape Of Female Passenger by 50calibre(m): 7:01am On Jul 14, 2015
cococandy:
what's your point?

It's not such a huge violation?

Yes!! It's not such a huge violation the society is making it out to be.
Crime / Re: Abia Driver Arrested For Alleged Rape Of Female Passenger by 50calibre(m): 2:19am On Jul 14, 2015
Joavid:

Well, I don't know her. I don't how how much trauma she's going through or if she has emotional support from friends and family. All that and more will aid her healing process.

If the accused is convicted and made to serve time. that can boost her confidence in the judicial system and thus aid her healing process depending on how deep the scar is.

Its a psychological issue

Lolz there's no psychological trauma, Nigerian women face far worse.

It's simple rape, stop the hype. I personally wouldn't mind getting raped by a woman... As a matter of fact I'm looking for that woman brave enough to ra*pe me grin
Crime / Re: Abia Driver Arrested For Alleged Rape Of Female Passenger by 50calibre(m): 8:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
Joavid:

angry angry

Am an optimistic person.
I pray God gives her the strength to overcome the trauma plus loved ones to comfort her.

And I hope the driver is made serve time for his crime.

You didn't answer my question.. When are we to expect her suicide.. 2 months, 1 year, 5 years?

Since rape is such a violation (with equal gravity as murder) which leaves life long scars.. One would expect that this young lady terminates her life to put an end to her misery. Don't you think?
Crime / Re: Abia Driver Arrested For Alleged Rape Of Female Passenger by 50calibre(m): 6:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
@ Joavid

Here's another incident... So tell me, when are we expecting this victim's suicide?
Crime / Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped by 50calibre(m): 1:38pm On Jul 13, 2015
Joavid:

Reality I'll face at some point?
Now you're the misguided and deluded one.
Definitely out of touch with reality for you to think every African woman will experience rape at some point in their lives because they live in Africa?

Being mean, insensitive and callous is worse.
I wish you'd be raped repeatedly in the azz by a gay'got and come out of the trauma sane like it never happened.

Now you're being a bit*ch, the type that gets you raped.

Wishing me rape is nothing more than wishful thinking, stop being deluded, there isn't a man alive capable of doing that to me. However yours is a real possibility.

My advice to you... When that time comes, don't fight it. Fighting makes it worse.
Crime / Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped by 50calibre(m): 8:40am On Jul 13, 2015
Joavid:

Ofcourse, its common knowledge that most African men are dogs and savages and will carry out their animalistic lust on women whenever they have opportunity- that's the reality and that's why more and more women are speaking out and embracing feminism.

Stop talking nonsense!! If most African men are dogs and savages, what about the women from whose wombs they emerged?

I can't believe this? WTF?
You wish me rape

I don't wish you rape, I'm only highlighting a reality you'd probably face at some point. Besides I'd rather wish you rape than death.

You're beyond redemption.
Mean and callous.

And you're deluded and misguided

God help you.

Thanks!
Crime / Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped by 50calibre(m): 1:18am On Jul 13, 2015
Joavid:

At the bolded, I never said.
And its obvious you have some preconceived notions about me, my influence and beliefs.

You called me a feminist and now I've been brainwashed by the western Media.

And please stop pulling statistics from the air.

The struggle rape victims experience is something you might never understand .

Of course I would never understand it because it's propaganda.

Acquaint yourself with reality,.. This should be a good start

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2014/04/un-3600-raped-drc-four-year-period-20144923542487129.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcmediaaction/entries/8c9f97f9-6482-3dc2-8cfc-9e9f719f3128

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/lagos-records-678-rape-cases-in-one-year/

http://www.un.org/en/preventgenocide/rwanda/about/bgsexualviolence.shtml

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5084747

The fact of the matter is; rape is a common experience to African women... Even what the western world categorises as rape, isn't seen as such in Africa e.g a husband can never be guilty of rape in Africa (which by the way, is how it should be)

So brace yourself, if you haven't already experienced rape, you probably will at some point either by a random person or even your husband... When that time comes, let's see if you'd kill yourself
Music/Radio / Re: Nairalander, Kylez Finally Releases His Music Video! by 50calibre(m): 8:46pm On Jul 12, 2015
A complete waste of time and money.. There's no better definition of nonsense than this retar*ded music/music video...

This is juvenile delinquency at its peak, a dirty slap is all that's needed to put this little boy out of his delusion.

2 Likes

Crime / Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped by 50calibre(m): 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
Joavid:
I just saw this.

Seriously? Did you think about that before typing?

Yes I did!! My personal, traditional, and religious beliefs offer little or no justification for suicide. A child stup*id enough to terminate his/her own life doesn't deserve any sympathy and frankly isn't worth the coffin he/she is buried in.

Although untreated depression is no1 cause of suicide and depression is a common condition among rape and bullying victims.
post-traumatic stress disorder, the stigma and victimisation is also common among rape victims which is not associated with bullying.

Bullying has exactly the same effects, you have no point here. Bullying is a greater cause of suicide than rap*e, as a matter of fact, bullying can be worse than rap*e. Rap*e is concealed but bullying often takes place in public...

Effects of bullying is usually, depression, low self esteem.
As for me, Kids who commit suicide because of bullying lack discipline, emotional, and moral support.
Oyinbo kids and their xtupidity.

The hype around that bullying thing is something my Naija mind cannot understand

Same way you've been brainwashed into believing that rap*e is worse than murder (a direct consequence of too many Hollywood TV shows/movies & western propaganda) forgetting that in most third world countries (including Nigeria) at least 35% of women have experienced rap*e at some point in their lives.. And in war torn countries like Sudan, Somalia, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Rwanda, Congo, more than 60% of the women have been victims of rap*e.

But really, rape is just something else.

I know someone who gang raped by 3 guys, she tried committing suicide twice. She couldn't tell anyone, she was scared to.
The day she started talking about it without being judged, she felt heaviness in her heart disappear.

And I know many people whose families were murdered and they're still living and have moved on
Family / Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by 50calibre(m): 11:47pm On Jul 11, 2015
Jkyoung:
I will just walk away, when I reach me home, I will take my bath and leave the house for her.
When I return late in the evening, I will not eat her food, In the bedroom I will sleep turning my back on her.
In the morning I take my bath before 4.30am and leave the house again, I will continue for like 2 weeks.
Believe me there is no greater punishment than that, she will be psychologically traumatized and before you know it, the wailing wailer would be kneeling before me wailing her heart out................ Then I will hold her hand, help her to her feet and give her a passionate kiss.
For she is my wife, the love of my life.

You're so dumb and deluded!! you're going to put yourself through all these just to punish her when a severe beat down would suffice?

Who is feminising all these men?

1 Like

Crime / Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped by 50calibre(m): 7:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
Joavid:
Cc: 50calibre.

Rape is as worse as murder.

Stop talking nonsense!!

Rap*e isn't as worse as murder.... No one is to blame for her death except her.

People kill themselves for various reasons, some as trivial as breakup, bullying.... Are we also to say bullying is as worse as murder?
Romance / Re: Guy Takes Girl On A Trip To Dubai, Abandons Her There Because She Refuses Sex by 50calibre(m): 4:00am On Jul 09, 2015
CFCfan:

One can be a gentleman and a nice guy, but surely, there is a limit to that.
You only pay for a trip to Dubai only when you put a ring on it, or have been in the romantic relationship for a considerable amount of time.

The girl may be one of those who believe in "no sex till marriage" too.

Lol the guy is definitely an idiot.. No doubt!! Trying to lure a girl with Dubai trip when he could lay her for way less if he's smart.

The girl is also a freeloader, she deserves whatever comes her way.

1 Like

Romance / Re: Guy Takes Girl On A Trip To Dubai, Abandons Her There Because She Refuses Sex by 50calibre(m): 5:03pm On Jul 08, 2015
Lol this has to be a Naija chic, they always want to reap where they haven't sown, always wanting something for nothing.

No right thinking chic would accompany a guy on a holiday trip without knowing there are strings attached... This is common sense.

Chics fuc*k for way less than that (even a glass of beer) at trip to Dubai is enough to earn a guy 6 months of free fuc*k..

5 Likes

Travel / Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2015
Austria is one of the least tolerant countries for immigrants.. It's a sister country to Germany but still has fascism and nazism enshrined in its culture.

Europe is currently going through an immigration surge, coupled with the economic crises, xenophobia is at an all time high, more so in countries like Austria
Politics / Re: PHOTOS: You Wouldnt Believe This Is A Street In Lagos State by 50calibre(m): 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2015
noah91:
Ajegunle is an Igbo populated area. These biafrauds always create slums any where they go

Bleating sheep!! How many such slums are in the eastern part of Nigeria?
Politics / Re: Male Passenger Caught handling Woman’s Breast While She Was Sleeping On Flight by 50calibre(m): 3:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
Maybe the woman had her breasts exposed.. You don't dangle a meat in front of a lion.
Politics / Re: Even Satan Wasn’t Gay, He Approached Nake.d Eve Instead Of Nake.d Adam.– Mugabe by 50calibre(m): 2:32pm On Jul 04, 2015
Rxpetite:
There are more than a hundred presidents in the world why is the Zimbabwean president the only one so affected by american laws?

There are over a million problems in Zimbabwe, why is their president so focused on gay marriage law of another country? In another continent?

This guy is protesting too much and making me suspicious about his own sexuality. Someone needs to tell this guy that he is a president of a country. Using his time to mock another country whose citizens have better living standards than his own country's just makes him look pathetic and pitiful.

The same way those countries make it a point of duty to interfere in the affairs of his country.
Politics / Re: Which Tribe Has The Most Nairalanders? by 50calibre(m): 2:22pm On Jul 04, 2015
Yorubas

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 196 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.