Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

50calibre's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 50calibre's Profile / 50calibre's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 196 pages)

Family / Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by 50calibre(m): 9:23pm On Apr 23, 2015
Family / Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by 50calibre(m): 9:14pm On Apr 23, 2015
This is because most naija guys are slowly coming to the realisation that naija women are not marriage material but bunch of liabilities.. After weighing up the pros & cons of living with a liability, most guys reach the conclusion that marriage ain't worth the time or stress.

The sad fact is; most naija women are ugly, any honest person blessed with the gift of sight will agree with this. In addiction to this ugliness, naija women are further devalued by the so many vices corrupting their souls, this includes fakery, lying, greed, laziness, envy, bitterness, ignorance, arrogance....

To cap it all up, these women no longer exist in a world of reality, but in a fantasy world where Hollywood TV shows & movies are the paradigm.

The odds are really stacked up against Nigerian women, sadly their numbers are only going to swell in the coming years.

The odds are

6 Likes

Romance / Re: To Hit Or Not To Hit! by 50calibre(m): 5:32pm On Apr 23, 2015
idris4eva:
he goat

Very ironical looking at your face.
Romance / Re: To Hit Or Not To Hit! by 50calibre(m): 4:12pm On Apr 23, 2015
If a lady deserves to be hit, then she should be hit.

5 Likes

Culture / Re: Photos: Nigerian Woman Spotted Eating Amala On A Train In The UK by 50calibre(m): 3:53pm On Apr 22, 2015
Someone sent me these pics, I couldn't stop laughing.

This uncivil behaviour is an embarrassment of epic proportions, it shows what's happens when ill-trained and ill-mannered individuals are allowed into civilised settings.

There's nothing wrong with eating on a train, people do it, but laying all out like a lunatic as this woman had done here, goes against common decency.

6 Likes

Crime / Re: Australian Teenager Claims She Was Raped By This Nigerian [SEE PHOTOS] by 50calibre(m): 8:38am On Apr 22, 2015
Another contorted story by an idiotic girl who doesn't want to take responsibility for her actions. She was probably dumped and decided to get back at him with this and ultimately claim compensation afterwards.

This story is filled with so many irregularities, it can't possibly be an accurate representation of what transpired between the two of them.

Unfortunately Australia is subliminally racist, all they'd care about is punishing the black boy for daring to have se*xual relations with a white "Aussie" girl.

1 Like

Crime / Re: Xenophobia: Gang Leader Of Xenophobia Promised To Execute More Foreigners (video by 50calibre(m): 4:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
It seems as if Nigerians in SA are just too weak, a bounty should be placed on this maggot's head.

The ghettos of SA are cesspits riddled with guns and various forms arms on the loose. Nigerians there need to raise funds collectively and purchase arms or sit aside and die like chickens.
Politics / Re: Egypt's Ousted President Morsi Jailed For 20 Years by 50calibre(m): 10:37am On Apr 21, 2015
This is the culmination of an American & jewish orchestrated crackdown on the Muslim Brotherhood.

The Arab revolution which ousted Mubarak totally backfired when Egyptians elected Islamic fundamentalists. The Muslim Brotherhood had always been in the shadows since the days of Anwar Sadat, the last thing the Americans wanted was some Islamic radicals controlling arab's biggest country and posing potential threats to the jewish state.

Sorry Mr Morsi, your sentence is clearly disproportionate, they want you and your supported gone for a very long time. Next time don't try to govern state with Islam.

Don't forget to carry along a copy of the Qaran, I'm sure you'd have ample time in your jail call to digest the teachings of Allah & his paedophile prophet
Celebrities / Re: South African Fan Threatens John Dumelo On Instagram by 50calibre(m): 7:44am On Apr 21, 2015
kingjoo:

Just stop!!. this is just about the same reason the SA are killing others. unguided statement is much more dangerous than a lighter in a gas station. Let's preach love and with it conquer the forces of hate and evil. one love

Fuc*king idi*ot!! You want to preach love to savages, why don't you go to SA and preach love?

6 Likes

Politics / Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by 50calibre(m): 8:46pm On Apr 20, 2015
maum:
Please I don't understand.
I'm getting angry as I even think about it.
Unless whatever sanction they mean is to bar the listed persons from.entering their country, WHAT RIGHT DO THEY HAVE TO SANTION NIGERIANS IN THEIR COUNTRY OVER NIGERIA'S ELECTION AGAIN?

Are they United Nations? Even UN sef...

So you don't realise you're a slave? There are people who call the shots.

Everyone knows that the US = UN, the US wields enormous influence on the UN.

There are varying levels of sanctions, it may cover barring such individuals from international travel (applicable to countries subservient to the US), freezing of assets, restrictions on financial transactions and possible arrest warrants.... basically confining such individual to his/her country.
Politics / Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by 50calibre(m): 8:39pm On Apr 20, 2015
Lool this is a sign of things to come, the first step in a journey which will culminate in Parience Jonathan the barbarian being shipped off to The Hague.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by 50calibre(m): 8:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
Foreign leaders are already bypassing the otueke fisherman. The hand over couldn't come sooner for them.

5 Likes

Health / Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by 50calibre(m): 8:15pm On Apr 20, 2015
CityNG:

grin dude you're too funny. Really.

Enjoy your nazistic world where hpi is published on the frontpages.

Very poor attempt at sarcasm, we are talking about one's spouse here not those it doesn't concern.

I'm done with you dude and this thread.

To the healthcare workers thanks for upholding the ethics .

Of course!! Ethics over human lives, welcome to the wonderful world of CityNG loool do you even know what ethics mean?
Health / Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by 50calibre(m): 8:10pm On Apr 20, 2015
omicron:
seriously? You are using wikipedia to counter the information from the CDC SERIOUSLY.

I give up.

Guy, just go. You are being too emotional to tell yourself the truth.

And if you were my patient, you will leave my consulting room better informed, and better at judging legal cases too. cheesy

What are you saying exactly? You can make this clear by explicitly stating where you stand. You shouldn't concern yourself with legal cases, that's not your duty.

So I ask you, would some confidentiality clause deter you from informing a patient who may be at risk of his/her spouse's status? Yes or No?
Health / Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by 50calibre(m): 7:50pm On Apr 20, 2015
omicron:

You are subtly becoming provocative and opinionated.

Last I checked HIV is not a reportable disease listed by the American CDC.

I am a physician, and a well trained one at that, not to be immodest.

Wikipedia says a different thing however

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_notifiable_diseases

That aside, I'm not being provocative, just stating the obvious.

The fact you think some confidentiality clause justifies the wilful infection of a patient shows the welfare of your patients isn't your first priority.

No offence but if you were my doctor, I don't think I'd be seeing you again after what you've said here.
Health / Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by 50calibre(m): 7:43pm On Apr 20, 2015
omicron:
Young man you are digressing. Did you not see it is a LAW there, state Laws not even Federal law.

What have we been saying all day: the Law does not oblige doctors here to reveal such info.

Dont go bringing me USA state laws to judge a Nigerian case.

I think I'll call the arguement a day. It's been interesting enough.

Lool ignorance on display!

Whether state or federal law, what difference does it make apart from the fact state laws are only valid within a state, how's that even relevant in this context?

Your ignorance makes you blind to the fact that Nigerian laws are modelled closely to that of America.

1 Like

Health / Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by 50calibre(m): 7:37pm On Apr 20, 2015
LordReed:
https://www.aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics/just-diagnosed-with-hiv-aids/your-legal-rights/legal-disclosure/

Many states and some cities have partner-notification laws—meaning that, if you test positive for HIV, you (or your healthcare provider) may be legally obligated to tell your sex or needle-sharing partner(s). In some states, if you are HIV-positive and don’t tell your partner(s), you can be charged with a crime. Some health departments require healthcare providers to report the name of your sex and needle-sharing partner(s) if they know that information—even if you refuse to report that information yourself.
Some states also have laws that require clinic staff to notify a “third party” if they know that person has a significant risk for exposure to HIV from a patient the staff member knows is infected with HIV. This is called duty to warn. The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program requires that health departments receiving money from the Ryan White program show “good faith” efforts to notify the marriage partners of a patient with HIV/AIDS.

www.aidsmeds.com/articles/Disclosure_4946.shtml

In general, physicians may breach patient confidentiality in this situation and notify a sexual or needle sharing partner of an individual's HIV infection who is at identifiable risk of infection, as long as they act in good faith and offer only the information necessary to help the notified person protect against future risk of infection or seek medical treatment.
These guidelines do not require that a physician disclose the name of the person who might be putting an individual at risk, although in some instances that identity will be obvious.
These guidelines do not justify disclosures about HIV information to insurers, employers, schools, or other institutions.
Efforts at contact tracing need not breach medical confidentiality with regard to the HIV positive person. They need only advise people that they may have been exposed to HIV infection.

Cc:
Omicron
CityNG
50calibre
MadCow

Thanks for educating these folks, common sense should have told them this anyway.
Health / Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by 50calibre(m): 6:56pm On Apr 20, 2015
omicron:
HIV is not a reportable disease.

I do not have to report to the Ministry of health when I see a case of HIV as a doctor.

Diabetes, hypertension, asthma are all incurable, it does not make them reportable diseases.

They're also not communicable, they pose zero risk to public health.

The MOH or any other organ may compile statistics concerning any disease including malaria, doesnt make them reportable diseases.

Reportable diseases list varies from country to country based on the prevalence, incidence and potential of such diseases to reach epidemic proportions.

HIV has already reached epidemic proportions in Africa, billions of dollars in WHO aid is already channeled towards that so fair enough! Maybe there's no point reporting it anymore as it's everywhere.

However, that doesn't negate the fact that there are exceptions to the confidentiality clause & it can be waived under certain circumstances, it doesn't negate the fact that wilful transmission of HIV is a crime, it also doesn't negate the fact that a doctor cannot wilfully allow the wilful infection of a patient, am I wrong?

Laws are bendable depending on circumstances.. Nothing is absolute!! A doctor has a duty of care to his patients, this includes pre-empting/preventing harmful disease, am I wrong?

In America, for eg, Malaria is a reportable as it is very rare there. But in Nigeria, malaria is not a reportable disease as it is grossly endemic here.

Poliomyelitis is almost extinct in Nigeria, and it is a reportable disease.

HIV is not a reportable disease. HIV is not even reportable to the American CDC

HIV infection is reportable in the US.

I seriously hope you aren't in the medical field because your thinking pattern is very dangerous.

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Top 10 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Multimillion Naira Mansions by 50calibre(m): 6:09pm On Apr 20, 2015
LewisO:
I don't like the outdoor of the P-Square's house not stylish... Am i the only one?

Yeah!! Too juvenile

1 Like

Health / Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by 50calibre(m): 6:02pm On Apr 20, 2015
CityNG:

Of course every body is wrong and you're right. It's normal and no worries.

But this is not the way it works in the adult world HPI is protected and I salute Doctors that maintain their oath.

Thank you all healthcare workers who abide by the code. Confidentiality is never waived unless it has a direct impact on the community. HIV is not s community communicable disease.

PS: You don't need to know where I work. My example stands and is on point. No apologies that it makes you uncomfortable. The person, like I said was fired by the company of violating federal and state HPI laws. He was not only fired but was sued civil and criminally. Developed countries don't play around with HPI. Nigeria will get there too and it seems some educated and righteous healthcare workers are doing their jobs very well. I thank them all.

If that's the way your "adult world" works, then I'd much rather remain where I am because to me that sounds more like a stup*dity world.

Of course you don't need to tell me where you work, I can already infer a lot from what you said. You probably work in some back alley Akara joint so it's understandable.

1 Like

Health / Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by 50calibre(m): 5:50pm On Apr 20, 2015
omicron:
Who do we disclose to? To a person or to the Authorities?

Which diseases do we disclose according to you? The man with Tuberculosis should be disclosed cos he is a risk to fellow bus passengers for eg?

The law is clear about reportable diseases. HIV is not a reportable disease.

Doctor's are privy to lots of confidential information, unknown to even the closest people to their patients. Diseases, miscariages, abortions, drug use, genetic issues, parternity issues, all of them placing their partners at varying degrees of disadvantage But should they now go about and start telling anybody everythin?

The confidientiality clause is there to protect the patient, whom the doctor is legally contracted to. And mind you, we are all patients at one point or another.

HIV is a reportable disease, not just is it in the public interest, it is also essential for statistical reasons as well as provision of ARV drugs.

Besides the degree of harm posed by these diseases you mentioned, pales in comparison to that posed by HIV. For one, HIV is incurable and requires life-long medication.

1 Like

Health / Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by 50calibre(m): 5:18pm On Apr 20, 2015
CityNG:

MadCow is right though.

Medical record is completely confidential and especially between couples.

Doctors are expressly prohibited for divulging PHI to others especially couples.

The issue is not the Docs here but a couple who have no communication.

A coworker, highly skilled and high value employee to my company was fired a year ago for looking up his wife's medical data at work.

This is very serious and I'm glad that phi is confidential.

MadCow is wrong, and so are you.

Don't you guys understand what I'm saying? There are certain exemptions to Doctor-patient confidentiality, it is not absolute. Even in certain cases insurance companies have the right to a patients medical records.

Confidentiality is waived when there's an immediate risk to someone. HIV is a sexually transmitted disease, and wilfully infecting others with an incurable disease as HIV is a criminal offence which carries major jail time.

if a doctor discovers that a spouse is oblivious to the positive status of his/her partner, ethics demand that the doctor as a pre-emptive measure, informes the other partner for his/her own protection (I.e if they aren't already infected, and at best, the doctor may have to inform the positive spouse that the other one has been informed, consent doesn't have to be sought in this case) failure to do this could amount to professional negligence as well as loads of other liabilities.

Why is this so hard for you guys to understand? Are you trying to say a doctor would knowingly allow the infection of a patient because of some stup*id confidentiality? This is common sense

I don't know where you work, but the guy who got fired for accessing his wife's medical records may have had his rights infringed & except he was in clear breach of company policy, he is entitled to a fair hearing before his fate is decided, maybe there were compelling reasons for his actions, you can't just fire people willy nilly. However, there's something called Data Protection, and unauthorised access of someone's personal records, is a crime. That being said you need to find out what the guy was fired for before comparing it to a case like this which is clearly very very different.

2 Likes

Health / Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by 50calibre(m): 1:02pm On Apr 20, 2015
MadCow1:

Young man, this is not about how you feel things should be done but about what the law says.

Doctor patient confidentiality isn't voided by marriage. That is why a doctor would ask the patients consent for the spouse to be there during consultation. HIV does not fall into the same disease category under the law as HIV. Ebola, Lassa Fever, Dengue Fever, H5N1 virus, etc is are a higher class of illness because of the way it spreads and the potential for it to become an epidemic if not checked. And the doctor is required by law to inform the authorities not another person per se.

A doctor does not have the right to disclose a patients medical case to the spouse without proper consent. The spouse can agree to a joint medical checkup with the other partner and disclose their finding to each other with consent. This doctor is in big trouble should the patient sue.

Better go ask a doctor about this and learn some manners whilst at it.

Even when the spouse is at risk? What law is this, MadCow1 law?

Show me where it categorically states that doctors aren't obliged to do so.

Are you aware, wilfully infecting others with HIV is a criminal offence? Your ignorance is dangerous.

2 Likes

Health / Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by 50calibre(m): 11:21am On Apr 20, 2015
MadCow1:

The Doctor would lose his license if the woman sues him..

A patients case file and condition is subject to Doctor patient confidentiality clause.

It's not the doctors place to inform her husband.

Shut up!! Stop talking nonsense. Doctor-patient confidentiality is not absolute, there are exceptions, one of which is; if the patient in question is a potential risk to others. E.g Ebola cases.

Besides it is assumed that married couples are privy to each other's medical situations, and in cases like this where a spouse isn't, the doctor is obliged to inform, Failure to do so could constitute a medical malpractice and may even lead to criminal prosecution.

6 Likes

Politics / Re: Few Days After David Cameron Was At Redeemed, He Was At A Sikh Temple (photos) by 50calibre(m): 10:26am On Apr 20, 2015
This is turning into a show of shame, there's nothing wrong with visiting various religious settings, but this is very bad timing, it reeks of desperation and poor judgement.

A politician must know his strongholds as well as the key demographics who are likely to vote for him.

The fact remains that white folks are the majority in Britain, most of which are atheists/agnostics. Cameron's already alienated ethnic minorities as well the church through some senseless policies, by now jumping for one religious house to the other, he risks alienating his core supporters too, many of whom are going to see this as a man of weak convictions pandering to ethnic minorities for their votes.
Business / Re: Mtn Office Shut Down In Benin City Over South Afria's Killings (photos) by 50calibre(m): 10:04am On Apr 20, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
Firstly, this south africans are acting like salvages, barbarians, they need to be brought to justice, they should not take laws into their hands, if they can't find jobs in their country, they can go to other countries to looking for job, killing is not a job...

Secondly, MTN, DSTV and shoprite needs to broadcast this message to south africa in particular and the world in general, they need to advice their president to calm his people down, and make the economy of south africa better once again, killing would not solve the problem

thirdly, barack obama who is an african should come to the aid and leave world war 3 alone, he should focus on ending the killings in south africa.

In conclusion, all the world leaders need to come together to end this crisis, and make south africa a better place, more education is needed.

#SaynotoXenophobia

signed
Minister of women affairs...

Why should he come to your aid, are you crippled? Obama is not an African, carrying some African DNA doesn't make you African, when will you guys realise that?

2 Likes

Foreign Affairs / Re: Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa by 50calibre(m): 3:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
@ Truckpusher look at your brothers. These are the people you think deserve fairness.

What separates the stabbers from those watching from aside? Nothing!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Romance / Re: Your Idea Of The Perfect First Date? by 50calibre(m): 1:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
So this Safarigirl has started thinking of dates, I thought you said you had no interest in guys?

I don't have an idea of the perfect first date, however I can tell you the idea of a worst first date will be going out with a bitter girl like you, many guys would trade that for cancer.
Politics / Re: UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life by 50calibre(m): 2:47pm On Apr 18, 2015
martinosi:

Cameroun did not go to Festival of Life mainly for votes, although that may have bee 3rd or 4th on the Agenda....

I cant believe that nobody cant see the reason why he went there "smh"

I don't!! Care to tell me why he went there? because given the timing, the only logical conclusion is that he went there to in-directly solicit for votes.

1 Like

Foreign Affairs / Re: Nigerian Car Dealership Shop Burnt Down In SA Xenophobic Violence! by 50calibre(m): 12:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

So acting in kind is the solution ba?

Yes it is!! Since the government won't act.

Are you crazy?? How the fuc*k do some of you guys reason?

The fact these attacks are allowed to go on unabated shows complicity of the South African government... This is as close as it gets to a formal declaration of war, as well as a complete violation of UN convention on a government's responsibility to protect migrants within its country.

Of course the savages are aware of Nigeria's non-existent government, so they feel free to carry out these attrociries without fear. They wouldn't attempt this with any other country.

2 Likes

Foreign Affairs / Re: Nigerian Car Dealership Shop Burnt Down In SA Xenophobic Violence! by 50calibre(m): 12:24pm On Apr 18, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

When you destroy their businesses here, the thousands of Nigerian workers that work there you'll feed them ba.

Did the savages take that into account before destroying Nigerian businesses?
Foreign Affairs / Re: Nigerian Car Dealership Shop Burnt Down In SA Xenophobic Violence! by 50calibre(m): 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
samguru:
Fellow Nigerians,

let us engage South Africa in Violent free protest by porting from MTN to another Network
i just did mine some few minutes ago,subsequently if they fail to change we should stop patronising ALL their Businesses in Nigeria.

What a moro*n!! You're trying to cure HIV with paracetamol.

You're only hurting yourself by changing your SIM card, it's going to have no impact whatsoever on a network with tens of millions of subscribers.

Violence however is the fastest way to make an impact, the destruction of one MTN outlet will definitely send a very clear message.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 196 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.