Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Why Yoruba Movies Promotes Traditional Religion Ethics Than Xtians And Islamic? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Yoruba Movies Promotes Traditional Religion Ethics Than Xtians And Islamic? (1045 Views)

The Religion / In Defence Of Religion - Pt 1. [The Necessity Of Religion In Churches And Homes] / Teach Yourself The Philosophy Of Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Yoruba Movies Promotes Traditional Religion Ethics Than Xtians And Islamic? by matoyeh(m): 10:27am On Sep 07, 2010
I cant understand what has being happening in Yoruba Movies, I have being watching some numbers of movies, and i discovered that, all the movies promotes traditional method than foreign religions. Why? Is it that they prefer to use charms or magics to Christianity and Islamic?

but, if they want to pray, they pray Islamic or Christianity way, but what it comes to looking for a solution to a particular problem, they must follow traditional way. Is it better or what do you think?
Re: Why Yoruba Movies Promotes Traditional Religion Ethics Than Xtians And Islamic? by xreal: 6:22am On Sep 08, 2010
matoyeh:

I cant understand , , all the movies promotes traditional method than foreign religions, but, if they want to pray, they pray Islamic or Christianity way, but what it comes to looking for a solution to a particular problem, they must follow traditional way. Is it better or what do you think?

May I start by giving kudos to the YORUBA-nollywood industry, for their efforts in promoting the CULTURE.

Back to post ,
The reason to that can be scooped out of your post.
You have to know and note that the Yoruba's got a rich cultural heritage; religion inclusive.
You made mention of 'foreign' and 'traditional' religions.
I'ld like you to note that a 'foreign' religion must have been or is 'traditional' somewhere, so also a 'traditional' religion can be a 'foreign' one elsewhere.
Would you rather the YORUBAS neglect their indigenous religious beliefs?
You seem to paint this 'black'. Why you call it magic or charm?
IFA deity has been existing long before now, it's being studied and accepted globally.
Friend, take a trip to southern america - OODUA owns it, and its descendants should guard and guide it jealously.
Re: Why Yoruba Movies Promotes Traditional Religion Ethics Than Xtians And Islamic? by Pukkah: 4:43pm On Sep 16, 2010
matoyeh:

I cant understand what has being happening in Yoruba Movies, I have being watching some numbers of movies, and i discovered that, all the movies promotes traditional method than foreign religions. Why? Is it that they prefer to use charms or magics to Christianity and Islamic?

but, if they want to pray, they pray Islamic or Christianity way,  but what it comes to looking for a solution to a particular problem, they must follow traditional way. Is it better or what do you think?

Is it a bad thing? What exactly is wrong or criminal in this?  In terms of belief, no one is deemed superior or inferior to the other. Again, what do you think would have been the religion of an overwhelming number of Nigerians if not for colonialism? Do you know the contributions of the pagan Romans to 'modern' religions?

(1) (Reply)

Making Money As A Student? / Together Again / 'letter She Wrote'. A Must Read Poem!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.