Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Inec Releases Election Timetable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inec Releases Election Timetable (2918 Views)

Mercy Johnson's Husband Prince Odi Okojie Releases Election Campaign Photos / INEC Releases Presidential Results From 10 LGs In Ogun State / INEC Releases Statistics Of PVC Collected In All 36 States And FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inec Releases Election Timetable by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2010
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5616254-146/inec_releases_election_timetable__.csp

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has released the timetable for forthcoming elections. According to the schedule, National Assembly elections will take place on January 15th. January 22nd is the date for presidential elections while State Assembly and Governorship elections will take place on January 29th.

Party primaries are scheduled to take place from September 11 to October 30th, while voter registration is scheduled for 1st to the 14th of November.

With the release of the timetable, the election umpires seem to be signalling their determination to hold polls early next year, despite calls from some quarters for a deferral. The latest of these calls was made today by non - governmental group , Stakeholder Democracy Network, who asked that ‘' elections be restored to their original date of April.''

More details in tomorrow's NEXT.
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 07, 2010
14days is too short for registration of voters. Many will be unable to register
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 07, 2010
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by mensdept: 11:15pm On Sep 07, 2010
Wow, just like that eh'. We wait to the last hour to issue guidelines for our main election?
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by ZUBBYNWA(m): 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2010
toba:

But if it is well publiclize, no problem
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by johnequino(m): 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2010
let us all wait and the miracle they are about to perform
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by tolu001: 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2010

Do they even want you to register, they are already compiling their own list of registered voters, all that is left is to thumbprint when the time comes. Naija i hail
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by ud4u: 1:38pm On Sep 08, 2010
Will they give public holiday to enable workers register?
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by Kobojunkie: 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2010
ud4u:

Will they give public holiday to enable workers register?

I thought about that but then wondered if a day will be enough? We are probably looking at registering at least 50 million people in 2 weeks? Glitches and all will also need to be dealt with within that short period of time.
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by sholasys: 2:00pm On Sep 08, 2010
I think with the INEC strategy put in place and the people intended to use , 14 days should be enough
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by redsun(m): 2:28pm On Sep 08, 2010
Elections without manifestos.Same bull-shi-t,same criminals,same waywardness and same rogue leadership.
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 08, 2010
sholasys:

I think with the INEC strategy put in place and the people intended to use , 14 days should be enough

They will make it in 2 weeks because many folks like me won't venture to line up for nonsense.
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 08, 2010
redsun:

Elections without manifestos.Same bull-shi-t,same criminals,same waywardness and same rogue leadership.

The same old crackers!
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by marvix(m): 5:31pm On Sep 08, 2010
We should have left the era of 2weeks voters registration. Why not take a cue from the sim card registration exercise, all we need is INEC registration centres all over the country where anybody can register and be given a registration number, the INEC database can access other databases like MTN, Zain and co along with Immigrations responsible for International passports.

With this once you are registered your data is stored immediately in d database, if you try to register again once you place your fingerprint your previous data will show up so that eliminates multiple registration.

On election day anywhere you are irrespective of where you registered once you give your registration number your data appears and can be confirmed by your thumbprint before you are given a ballot paper to vote.

This type of arrangement would allow registration of voters from october to december, and voters can register anywhere and vote anywhere the data can be used in the future for identification could be sold to banks and other financial institutions, that would be in a case where a person has to cash a cheque he can give his registration number and then is asked to place his thumb on a thumbprint reader.

This is not difficult to achieve!!!
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by mikeoscar: 6:31pm On Sep 08, 2010

@Toba I agree. It's a recipe for stuffing ballot boxes as usual. May God help us.
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by chelseabmw(m): 12:23pm On Sep 09, 2010
I will register,vote and also be voted for. . .

pls vote for chelseabmw as i want to be the new owner of NAIRALAND

As u come to vote expect 3k each. . . . come one come all
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by 2makesense: 1:34pm On Sep 09, 2010
I4 DAY! Let hope for a miracle! grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by Eboski(m): 11:34pm On Sep 11, 2010
14th days is beta,but corps member wil suffer 4 that 2 weeks of registration without payment.nija 4 u [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by jensinmi(m): 2:46am On Sep 12, 2010
CHELSEABMW for New GOVERNOR of NAIRALAND

YES OOOOOOOOOO!!!

HE'S THE MAN OF THE MOMENT

THE MAN WE NEED.

Ps: Bros. My bank account dey for Intercontinental. Make I mail you the details??
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by Fhemmmy: 3:40am On Sep 12, 2010
I would love to see how they plan to realize all these plans and yet nothing in motion to make anything happen.
Nigeria !!!!
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I would love to see how they plan to realize all these plans and yet nothing in motion to make anything happen.
Nigeria !!!!

Abracadabra . . . . African magic will work things out. Seriously, I expect this man must have rigorously thought this one through or something. My Fingers are crossed!
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by HamidO1(m): 11:59am On Sep 13, 2010
We can't keep saying there's no time, lets just keep doing wat we have to do n everytin will be alrit.
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by Goldenmeda(m): 10:23am On Sep 15, 2010
wetin concern me dere, no truth
Re: Inec Releases Election Timetable by Remii(m): 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2010
I think the opposition should be ready to play whatever game that is available instead of complaning all the time. They would keep complaning while PDP perfects how to hold and win elections. They all know that elections would be held in 2011 since 2007, four years is enough preparation. They should mobilize their own supporters too or are the machine programmed to register PDP voters alone?

(1) (Reply)

PDP Printed Excess Ballot Papers To Rig April Polls - CPC / My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. / Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.