Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,751 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Careers In Africa 2007 Uk Summit, May '07 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Careers In Africa 2007 Uk Summit, May '07 (1453 Views)

Careers In Public Health / Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military / Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Careers In Africa 2007 Uk Summit, May '07 by Lawijo(m): 7:41am On Apr 28, 2007
Friends on Naira paradise,
I was wondering whether there are any Nairalanders that will be attending the forthcoming Carriers in Africa 2007 uk Summit.
Also, past attendees willing to share there experience and opinion, your reactions will be highly appreciated.
Cheers.
Re: Careers In Africa 2007 Uk Summit, May '07 by fresh2impr: 1:07am On Apr 29, 2007
Hi, I got my job through Careers in Africa last year, same time. I had interviews lined up with Shell and P & G. I went for the briefing/networking session the night before and I was pretty intimidated because I felt like evryone else there was so much more qualified than I am. Anyways you are encouraged to drop your CVs with other companies at the event, in case you dont have any interviews lined up.

Anyways I had my interview with Shell at 8am the following morning and although I was really nervour, my interviewer put me at ease. I then went round to drop my CV, and in some room you can look at a screen to see whether any companies are interested in interviewing you. For my part I was very tired and went home about 12pm, and two weeks later I was invited by Shell to the Recruitment Day, and the rest in history. By the way I din't bother myself with the P & G interview, I just couldnt be bothered to take the test.

By the way the staff of CAI were very helpful, phoning me to make sure I was going to attend and stuff. All the best pal.
Re: Careers In Africa 2007 Uk Summit, May '07 by Lawijo(m): 7:50am On Apr 29, 2007
Hi fresh2impr,
Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate.
Yeah, I currently reside and work in the Netherlands as a Banker. I am into Treasury operations and securities settlements. I do have the ambition to go work in Nigeria, and bring my experience, knowledge and exposure with me. I observe positive developments taking place in the Banking sector in Nigeria at the moment and I am really looking forward to putting in positive contributions in terms of STP, New innovations i.e. services and products, process improvement and enhancements etc.
Yeah, I have been invited by Oceanic and Zenith Banks for an inteview at this event.
This is for me some sort of orientational step, to see what their expectations, ambitions and offers are.
Thank you very much for your response, it has in a way given me more insight into how things work at this event.
Re: Careers In Africa 2007 Uk Summit, May '07 by LAXIST(m): 8:48pm On Apr 29, 2007
@fresh2impr,
                   Where did u attend this seminar? Was it i Nigeria, London or in the U.S ?
Re: Careers In Africa 2007 Uk Summit, May '07 by fresh2impr: 11:27pm On Apr 30, 2007
no probz lawijo, always happy 2 share. Its good to see people who are willing to give something back. In my case, i felt that what i could do for my part was to bring a level of professionalism often lacking in Nigerian businesses to the table.

The bank in my work place for example, the cashiers behave as if they are God's gift to mankind. They are so sluggish in everything. I feel that many Nigerians due to one factor or the other lack professionalism, even though I think this is changing. Customers should always be treated with dignity and respect.

@ laxist, i attended in London.
Re: Careers In Africa 2007 Uk Summit, May '07 by TheOne2(m): 1:18pm On May 01, 2007
I'm supposed to be attending but I declined the invitation. It is a very good opportunity for any Nigerian in Europe that wants a good job back home. I was invited to an interview with Shell but declined because I don't see myself working for Shell. To clarify, let me say that I work for another oil company in Nigeria and am currently in the UK for my M.Sc. A lot of my Nigerian coursemates are going and some have interviews with all of Shell, Chevron, Agip and Halliburton. So it's a good opportunity as I mentioned above to have companies come meet you for interviews.
Re: Careers In Africa 2007 Uk Summit, May '07 by Lawijo(m): 7:27pm On May 01, 2007
The one,
Thank you very much for you contribution and feedback. Appreciate.
It’s a shame though that you will not be attending, would have been a good opportunity to meet another member of our wonderful Nairaland community. But no probz, it’s all good.
Thanks a lot bro.
Re: Careers In Africa 2007 Uk Summit, May '07 by eko4show(m): 5:26pm On May 03, 2007
is there room for "gate crashers" at the summit. i just got to know of it only now
Re: Careers In Africa 2007 Uk Summit, May '07 by debosky(m): 5:18pm On Oct 23, 2007
I'll be attending the Careers in Africa North America Summit from 16-18 November in Houston, TX

anyone else attending who wants to share a hotel room can contact me via messenger.

any comments and advice on the interviews would be welcome.
Re: Careers In Africa 2007 Uk Summit, May '07 by senetee(m): 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2007
Hello people,
Kudos to you guys for sharing this info. Could you shed some more light on how the Career thing works e.g who qualifies to attend the fair, what Nigerian companies participate in the fairs, tests interviews etc.
Thanks in anticipation of a response.
Re: Careers In Africa 2007 Uk Summit, May '07 by debosky(m): 6:25pm On Oct 26, 2007
The fairs are organised by global careers company www.globalcareercompany.com

A lot of companies participate at the fairs - Shell, Agip, Heineken, GE, Celtel, MTN, Oceanic Bank, BG Group, amongst others. you can get more info from their site.

The main criteria for attending is high academic performance and work experience where required. Since its a forum for recruiting Nigerians from abroad, you must either be studying/working/living abroad to be considered. After submitting an application, it will be examined and If you are qualified, then you will be invited to interview with one or more of the companies at the event. Visit the company site to get more information
Re: Careers In Africa 2007 Uk Summit, May '07 by senetee(m): 8:14am On Oct 29, 2007
@debosky
Many thanks for your reply. All the best

(1) (Reply)

Cis Or Ciia / Update On A Cripple Working As A Cobbler (photos) / APPLY NOW! 2017/2018 Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.