Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria (3912 Views)

Is Your MTN Blackberry Service Working? / Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service / Is Your MTN Blackberry Service Working? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by DualCore1: 10:45am On Sep 09, 2010
Sorry if this post ends up looking one sided, I am not a BB user.

Its my understanding that the BB service averages about 5k per month across all Nigerian netwroks. Now that's crazy. Let me ask BB users what they really need one for. In my opinion most people use the BB for social networking needs and emails. Yea, the buzz is most likely the fact that everything is "push".

These services are cool but why pay 5k per month? Does the amount of data used justify the cost? Let's analyse the data used. On the average I spend about 5 MB per day on my pocket pc cuz i have "Push" IM (via slick), Push Email via MS Outlook and I download attachments. So let me use that 5MB average a day for my calculations. That comes to 150MB per month. I dont think the average BB user spends 200MB per month.

So why pay 5000 Naira per month when I can get a decent 100MB plan for 1000 Naira per month for from most networks?

I am not hating on the BB, I am hating on the extortion.
BB users please don't bash grin

I once said there are two types of BB users in Nigeria:
1. The CEOs (who use BB as a need), and
2. The Facebookers and BB messengers (Who get a BB cuz of peer pressure).

This thread is targeted at those in the second category who are mostly youths and students who shouldn't be burning 5k per month on any mobile data plan.
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by lynxnoon(m): 11:18am On Sep 09, 2010
Dual Core:

Sorry if this post ends up looking one sided, I am not a BB user.

Its my understanding that the BB service averages about 5k per month across all Nigerian netwroks. Now that's crazy. Let me ask BB users what they really need one for. In my opinion most people use the BB for social networking needs and emails. Yea, the buzz is most likely the fact that everything is "push".

These services are cool but why pay 5k per month? Does the amount of data used justify the cost? Let's analyse the data used. On the average I spend about 5 MB per day on my pocket pc cuz i have "Push" IM (via slick), Push Email via MS Outlook and I download attachments. So let me use that 5MB average a day for my calculations. That comes to 150MB per month. I dont think the average BB user spends 200MB per month.

So why pay 5000 Naira per month when I can get a decent 100MB plan for 1000 Naira per month for from most networks?

I am not hating on the BB, I am hating on the extortion.
BB users please don't bash grin

I once said there are two types of BB users in Nigeria:
1. The CEOs (who use BB as a need), and
2. The Facebookers and BB messengers (Who get a BB cuz of peer pressure).

This thread is targeted at those in the second category who are mostly youths and students who shouldn't be burning 5k per month on any mobile data plan.
most pple in this category either have rich parents or partners( boyfrnd or girlfrnd) who dole out money to dem undecided
I will always continue to say this. . . the BB is mainly for those in the corporate world.
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by Dclique(m): 11:26am On Sep 09, 2010
BB = overhyped piece of cr@p
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by Dclique(m): 11:32am On Sep 09, 2010
I use a nokia and all my mail gets forwarded to my phone via nokia messaging 10.2. Its a very cool symbian app.
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by lynxnoon(m): 12:03pm On Sep 09, 2010
lol
help me tell them oh!!
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 12:04pm On Sep 09, 2010
The fad will soon be a thing of the past.This is the longest sentence i've written about the BB.The previous record was held by the one word ''CRAP''.

Dclique:

I use a nokia and all my mail gets forwarded to my phone via nokia messaging 10.2. Its a very cool symbian app.
If only them BB users knew about killer apps like this.Please,let them(i'm refering to the 2nd category) wallow in their ignorance.Their loss is their loss.
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by okgerald(m): 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2010
Please let them know that blackberry is just zapping money from them and they dont even get to take full advantage of it. I have always said it, i cant use it. Whats there, is it different from ovi suite from nokia or palringo services? All that is required is awareness. With 1000naira from etisalat glo or zain, you can enjoy all these services by purchasing a 150mb plan.
Please dual core drop your ovi username make i add u
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by Dclique(m): 2:23pm On Sep 09, 2010
My ovi username is ebuxs. Fill free to add me. . .
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by Mobinga: 3:59pm On Sep 09, 2010
Its people that have cash to lavish that use BB, I'm managing my NokiaN72 sad
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by lynxnoon(m): 4:15pm On Sep 09, 2010
Mobinga:

Its people that have cash to lavish that use BB, I'm managing my NokiaN72 sad
most of dem just want to feel among. . . lol

i saw ur message oh!!. . . i hope u huys wont send Mr. Spambot after me? grin grin
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by saintkola(m): 7:28am On Sep 10, 2010
would you all just take a hush! No need to diss others cos you can't afford it. i'm tired of all these ignorant BB bashing threads
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 8:07am On Sep 10, 2010
saintkola:

would you all just take a hush! No need to diss others cos you can't afford it. i'm tired of all these ignorant BB bashing threads

We know you can undecided
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by lynxnoon(m): 8:40am On Sep 10, 2010
saintkola:

guy, dis aint dissing . . . . just simple plain fact
your been able to afford it doesnt justify you calling pple ignorant; most BB users don't know & use the full capabilities of the device.
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by DualCore1: 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2010
saintkola:

Noted. You may now exit.

Last thing I want on my thread is some bitter BB users who cant face reality.

ok.gerald:

Please dual core drop your ovi username make i add u
I don't use Ovi. I'm old school, just mails, IMs, customer support and server admin, thts all I do with 'em toys sad
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by DualCore1: 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2010
P.S: One of my PDAs can be used as a BB, it came with the BB service and a BB PIN. But you can trust I got that all trashed out when I took it to WinMo 6.5. So this isn't about affordability its about common sense.

Mods, you two got to talk to your boss tongue about this not being able to modify a post thing. Oh heck Honsule's BUZZ just brought up a chat window now and its got what I am typing covered, lmao!
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by nellaluv(f): 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2010
Mobinga are you a mod?
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by Mobinga: 9:12pm On Sep 10, 2010
Partially grin grin kiss kiss kiss

lynxnoon:

most of dem just want to feel among. . . lol

i saw your message oh!!. . . i hope u huys wont send Mr. Spambot after me? grin grin
grin grin grin cool cool
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by lynxnoon(m): 9:45pm On Sep 10, 2010
Mobinga:

grin grin grin cool cool
cool cool
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by yahoo2(m): 10:53pm On Sep 10, 2010
With always micro 150mb from glo for 30 days, i'm always online to chat via facebook, yahoo, skype, gtalk. I forward all mails to my phone via nokia messaging, I browse any website anytime. All on my Nokia E71. What does a bb user do that I can't do?
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by nellaluv(f): 11:50pm On Sep 10, 2010
Mobinga:

grin grin grin cool cool

Which one is partially, yes or no?
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by puskin: 2:47am On Sep 11, 2010
nellaluv:

Mod-In-waiting. cheesy cheesy
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by Mobinga: 6:16am On Sep 11, 2010
nellaluv:

puskin:

cheesy
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by Jcob(m): 8:12am On Sep 11, 2010
Lol at this thread. How can one even check the total mb you've used on BB ?
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by semid4lyfe(m): 9:52am On Sep 11, 2010
*Semid checks into the thread, reads all the posts and clicks on mobinga's username to check his profile*
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by Mobinga: 10:15am On Sep 11, 2010
semid4lyfe:

*Semid checks into the thread, reads all the posts and clicks on mobinga's username to check his profile*
**Click's on Mobinga's profile, shocked , sees nothing, logs out**
who's this mobinga sef
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by nellaluv(f): 11:05am On Sep 11, 2010
puskin:

Ah, i see cheesy .

@topic,
5k per month on a bis plan is extortion. Speak up for 'em bb users.
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by nellaluv(f): 11:12am On Sep 11, 2010
Mobinga:

**Click's on Mobinga's profile, shocked , sees nothing, logs out**
who's this mobinga sef

which sectn you moderating.
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by flyuche(m): 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2010
nellaluv:

which sectn you moderating.

isn't obvious? your heart nah. grin
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by Mobinga: 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2010
^^^ Spot on cheesy
Your heart, body, and . . . . . .

Ok, i'm moderating one wack section nobody visits cheesy
the recycle bin grin grin
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by DualCore1: 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2010
mobinga take nella to your mod lounge and make her feel good.
Re: My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria by puskin: 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2010
^ ^ Whaaaaaattttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Recall Your Dropped Or Lost But Favourite Gsm Numbers? / Ebuddy 1.1 Multi Operator / Mtn Blocked Ur-freedom Nd Opera Servers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.