Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,543 members, 7,801,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta (8908 Views)

Militants Disrupt Elections In South Ijaw / Jonathan's Campaign Office Accused Of Releasing $20,000 To Disrupt Buhari's Talk / PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by seanet02: 10:48am On Sep 09, 2010
STUDENTS from various institutions in Ogun State yesterday disrupted the opening of the former military president, Ibrahim Babangida’s, presidential campaign office in Abeokuta, the state capital.
The programme had almost ended when suddenly, the students in six buses, stormed the No. 22, Oke-Ilewo Road, venue of the event, destroying canopies, chairs and Babangida’s posters.
Babangida annulled the 1993 presidential election won by Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, an Abeokuta indigene.
The confusion that followed the students’ action lasted for about 20 minutes during which people at the venue scampered for safety. But as soon as the students who were all along singing solidarity songs left, armed policemen arrived the scene. Nobody was injured during the fracas as the students did not unleash violence on party supporters at the venue.
However, before the incident, all those who spoke at the event insisted that Babangida was the only experienced candidate among all those who have so far declared their intention to contest the election.
Chairman of the Conference of Nigerian Political Parties (CNPP), Owolabi Odebudo, in his brief speech, stated that no fair-minded individual would deny the fact that Babangida had all that was needed to turn things around for the better.
“Babangida is a solid man. He was one of those individuals who ensured that Chief Olusegun Obasanjo became the President of Nigeria”, he stated.
He appealed to President Goodluck Jonathan to honour the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) zoning arrangement by not contesting the 2011 polls.
Odebudo added: “It is the turn of the northerners to produce the next President. So my advice to President Jonathan is that he should leave office by honouring the PDP zoning arrangement”.
The party’s youth leader, Mr. Soji Adekunle, enumerated Babangida’s achievements during his eight-year rule as military president, adding that the former leader built more universities and secondary schools than any other person who ruled the country.
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22519:students-disrupt-opening-of-babangidas-campaign-office&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 09, 2010
He ruined Nigeria,i sometimes wonder if he his a Nigerian orNiger or chad,,how could you destroy your country
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Spyker: 11:27am On Sep 09, 2010
Good for him, this is just the beginning. Soon, his posters will be burnt in public.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by daylae(m): 11:41am On Sep 09, 2010
I really wish he was present at the venue,so they could buggle him out of the state. Its pay back time for him!!!
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 09, 2010
hahahahaha! Didn't know students in any part of Nigeria could act in such an organized but deliberate manner, for what they think is right.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by abiodunade(m): 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2010
I am proud of the action of the students. This goes to show that Nigerians knows the truth and the reality about the fundamental role played by IBB during June, 12 election. History will always be remembered! More troubles for IBB in next year elections.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by drmoney: 12:04pm On Sep 09, 2010
Come to think of it: ARE WE ALL CRAZY?
Why would anyone in his right thinking mind ever mutter the possibility of a Babangida Candidature,let alone Presidency.
If you didn't have a family member killed in the aftermat of 1993 election annulment, didn't you have relatives brutalised or forced to stay away from school on the same account?
Is everybody under some form of spell or something?
Why are those who should know better acting like if we don't support him we'd all be shot dead?
WAKE UP PEOPLE-or am I the only crazy one?
The Babangida candidature must not be allowed to see the light of the day.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Kaymed: 12:08pm On Sep 09, 2010
he hate him with passion
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Jaylone(m): 12:08pm On Sep 09, 2010
What comes around goes around, IBB presidency  cry cry cry
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by chivo: 12:15pm On Sep 09, 2010
Why did they wait for the program to almost end before striking, if you people mean business don't allow the campaign to start next time . let me how successful you guys will be. grin grin grin
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by madprof(m): 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2010
drmoney:

Why would anyone in his right thinking mind ever mutter the possibility of a Babangida Candidature,let alone Presidency.
If you didn't have a family member killed in the aftermat of 1993 election annulment, didn't you have relatives brutalised or forced to stay away from school on the same account?
Why are those who should know better acting like if we don't support him we'd all be shot dead?

No one is crazy, no one is under a spell. What you see is simply the power of naira & kobo in Nigeria. grin grin grin
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by bisiaet: 12:26pm On Sep 09, 2010
The party’s youth leader, Mr. Soji Adekunle, enumerated Babangida’s achievements during his eight-year rule as military president, adding that the former leader built more universities and secondary schools than any other person who ruled the country.

Wonderful statement these are the other IBB achievement this is so pretty they have now deviated from He9IBB) built 3rd mainland bridge guiness record longest in African waoooww!!!, he built Abuja, now is he build more Universities and secondary school please clap for yourself mr speaker can you yourself weigh what you have just said even without me even seen in you in person I know you mind is in absential some knots had screwed out of your upstairs for a youth in Nigeria who went to school and experience IBB regime to be saying IBB build so many schools and university what a lost memory!!!!!!!
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by madprof(m): 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2010
Until someone murders IBB, his persistent assaults on our national psyche may not end. sad
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by peaceconsult: 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2010
haaabaaa, how could owolabi odebule talk as if Nigeria cannot exist without the evil genius.
nobody in his right mind would pray for such a man to rule this country again.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Redman44(m): 12:52pm On Sep 09, 2010
Students in higher institutions in other states should follow suit and destabilize IBB's campaign machinery when he comes to the states they school in. The students that demonstrated at the IBB campaign in Abeokuta should have come early enough. They should get right the next time. I'm expecting the National Association of Nigerian Students [ N.A.N.S ] to issue a press release distancing itself as an ally of the evil genius towards the 2011 elections. The fight to send IBB back to Minna has started cool cool cool Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by hectorswag(m): 1:06pm On Sep 09, 2010
na so wink

i'm so happy to see people taking action to condemn what is not good for our country!! No more sidon dey look, we're grabbing the bull by the horns!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by oluwabamis(m): 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2010
kudos to those students. Its a shame that my town's men and women could stoop so low that they could even think of attending an IBB event, its surely poverty and delusion that could be responsible . I wish IBB more of this treatment, with an eventual life jail as his reward.
If God is still on the throne, IBB and his cohorts will surely pay for their sins. Amen

On the other hand getting back Nigeria loot from IBB wont be a bad idea. Im sure those guys are trying to get back what he stole from us all.
IBB we we will collect your money (our money actually) and still vote against you.

My advice to anyone is that if you can grab some of those monies from IBB without voting for him (and without getting killed by his hit men) you are in luck. that will be sweet
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by lee007(m): 1:44pm On Sep 09, 2010
Three Gbosas!!! for the students who took part in this, May your generation experience Good tidings from jehovah!

Aluta Continua!
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by daylae(m): 1:45pm On Sep 09, 2010
I really wish there is a law that'll deny all those generals from coming back into the present political scene. But i know babangida is just coming back to take the strokes that eluded him before.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 09, 2010
Youths of the future ,incase they dont collect our money from him,we need to jail is dead body,they must tie a chain near is grave or the children return the loot  with intrest calculating from 1985-1993
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by vicknesh: 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2010
Search | Advanced search
Home | News | Ogun NANS officials beaten up
Ogun NANS officials beaten up
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
Ernest Nwokolo, Abeokuta 09/09/2010 00:00:00
image Students protest over IBB

SEVEN officials of the Ogun State chapter of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) were beaten up Wednesday.

Scores were injuried when suspected thugs  attacked them yesterday in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

The students were from tertiary institutions in the state.

Sources said they were heading for the the Police Command, Eleweran, to complain about their skirmishes with "IBB for President" campaigners at Laluibu.

They said the thugs attacked them and vandalised five of their buses.

An eye witness said the suspected thugs to smashed the windshields of the buses and tore the tyres when the students fled the scene.

Those allegedly attacked included Falola Moses, Okerafor George, Tunji Adeoso, Joke, Kazeem and two others.

NANS President in Ogun, Mr Adeyemi Azeez, an undergraduate of University of Agriculture (UNAB), Abeokuta, told The Nation in a telephone interview that he suspected the students were attacked because the Ogun NANS challenged the attempt to use the "Gateway State" as campaign ground for Gen. Ibrahim Babangida’s presidential ambition.

It was gathered that NANS members allegedly disrupted the commissionig of IBB’s campaign office at 22, Oke-Ilewo Road.

The students did not only give the pro - IBB a verbal fight at the venue of they also destroyed the canopy, chairs and posters of Babangida.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by adagz01(m): 2:49pm On Sep 09, 2010
I laugh in IBB,The begining of fraustration for him.i wish other states can emulate this.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Vidamia(m): 2:56pm On Sep 09, 2010
IBB ram is 20kb. He had forgotten what he did to the nation and all his supporters are after his money. I'll like someone to pass this massive to him that "Once a mecca is alhaji forever"
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by vicknesh: 3:05pm On Sep 09, 2010
One feared killed as youths disrupt Borno PDP rally
Monday, 30 August 2010 03:30 Sharafa Dauda and Yahaya Ibrahim
E-mail Print PDF
One person is feared killed while others, including a police officer were seriously injured following a clash between rival youth groups of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) at the commissioning of the Goodluck Support Group (GSG) state secretariat in Maiduguri on Saturday.

The event was underway with guests such as the host, Senator Mohammed Sanusi Daggash, the National Coordinator of the group, Ahmed Ali Gulak, Senator Mohammed Abba Aji and Former FCT Minister, Engineer Abba Gana, as well as state PDP executives and their supporters already seated when youths armed with dangerous weapons stormed the venue at Sir Kashim Ibrahim Way in Maiduguri to obstruct the commissioning.

Trouble started after Kashim Ibrahim Imam, the former governorship aspirant of the party in 2003 and 2007 was invited to give a speech, but was not allowed to speak and was almost lynched by party youths believed to be loyal to one of the factions but for the quick intervention of the police State Security Services operatives who fired guns and tear gas canisters in the air.

Armed youths used knives, daggers, cutlasses and axes on one another. The man who died was said to have been hit on the head with a huge stone and died shortly after.

Sources said Kashim, who declined comment after the incident, was officially invited and had planned not to attend but was convinced by the party leadership to use the event as a starting point for the internal reform agenda of the party, following the signing of an undertaking by all 17 stakeholders to resolve the internal crisis in the party.

Ambassador Saidu Shettima Pindar, who had already declared his intention to contest the gubernatorial seat in 2011, and acknowledged that there were leadership problems, the major one being with the local government congresses where people were imposed on party followers.

National Coordinator of the Goodluck Support Group, Ahmed Ali Gulak, told newsmen after the commissioning that Goodluck Jonathan’s 2011 presidential bid would serve a unifying purpose. “Even if there are factions in the PDP in Borno State, Goodluck Jonathan has become a unifying factor. All factions, if there were, have agreed to work for Goodluck Jonathan. And that is why everybody in the PDP (the stakeholders) was at the occasion. That is why I said I am satisfied because all the groups were there, well represented and in support for Goodluck Jonathan,” he told newsmen. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 09, 2010
He who that join hands together to destroy this country shall have no peace. i can still imagine some fool are bold to campaign for IBB, a murderer,liar,destroyer, Shanghaiing, nit_wit nee coupist, and a heartless being to become the president of our great nation.he who join this set of people by God grace shall have no peace
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Pukkah: 3:11pm On Sep 09, 2010
May God bless all those who participated in letting Mr Babangida know that all Nigerians are not fools.  I salute the great army of courage and progress.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Pukkah: 3:18pm On Sep 09, 2010
drmoney:

I can feel you but you are not crazy. The only way is to sustain the campaign against the candidature of Mr Babangida.

As I have said before, all those supporting him can be divided into two: those who are in it for the filthy lucre (cash or connections) and those who are too young and have not bothered to read history to know that he is not the type that the country needs. There may be some other people too who are unable to discern what is good or bad; for them, anything goes. They can't be bothered about anybody ruling the country or do not know what it takes for a third world country to transit to first world.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by TewMuch: 3:21pm On Sep 09, 2010
vicknesh:

Search | Advanced search
Home | News | Ogun NANS officials beaten up
Ogun NANS officials beaten up
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
Ernest Nwokolo, Abeokuta 09/09/2010 00:00:00
image Students protest over IBB

SEVEN officials of the Ogun State chapter of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) were beaten up Wednesday.

Scores were injuried when suspected thugs  attacked them yesterday in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

The students were from tertiary institutions in the state.

Sources said they were heading for the the Police Command, Eleweran, to complain about their skirmishes with "IBB for President" campaigners at Laluibu.

They said the thugs attacked them and vandalised five of their buses.

An eye witness said the suspected thugs to smashed the windshields of the buses and tore the tyres when the students fled the scene.

Those allegedly attacked included Falola Moses, Okerafor George, Tunji Adeoso, Joke, Kazeem and two others.

NANS President in Ogun, Mr Adeyemi Azeez, an undergraduate of University of Agriculture (UNAB), Abeokuta, told The Nation in a telephone interview that he suspected the students were attacked because the Ogun NANS challenged the attempt to use the "Gateway State" as campaign ground for Gen. Ibrahim Babangida’s presidential ambition.

It was gathered that NANS members allegedly disrupted the commissionig of IBB’s campaign office at 22, Oke-Ilewo Road.

The students did not only give the pro - IBB a verbal fight at the venue of they also destroyed the canopy, chairs and posters of Babangida.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So what are you trying to say? The fact that babangida paid for Nigerian Youths to be brutalized because he wants to be president by all means is funny? This will cause more hatred towards him. In Ogun state he wants to beat people into submission. He will soon meet an end that suits him. Then i will look for you and laugh. Idiot, ole alailojuti.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Teminio: 3:34pm On Sep 09, 2010
We need more of this before the final judgment of God will come upon him, IBB of course.

The thought of Babangida's presidency is scaring.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by hambehsam(m): 3:43pm On Sep 09, 2010
Pay back time for the students, this time around Prof.Attahiru Jega, is the umpire. In 1991/1992 as chairman of ASUU the then Dr. Jega led ASUU on a strike that lasted more than 10 months at a stretched to demand for better condition of service in our universities. Then IBB was the Head of state. Now it is pay back time, IBB has nothing to offer this country, he is too old to govern us. Let him go and rest or is he BROKE ?
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by GeorgeD1(m): 3:44pm On Sep 09, 2010
this is just the beginning. by the time we are through with ibb, all that ill-gotten gulf war windfall would have been zeroed to nothing! angry
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Teminio: 3:46pm On Sep 09, 2010
We need more of this before the final judgment of God will come upon him, IBB of course.

The thought of Babangida's presidency is scaring.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amnesty: Governors Making Progress With Boko-Haram / China-Africa Summit: Obiano Meets With Investors And Ndi Anambra In China / Fuel Subsidy Skyrocketed To N207bn Days To 2019 Elections – NNPC Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.