Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? (4906 Views)

Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? / Do You Prefer "dating" Or "courting" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by femoa(m): 3:22pm On Apr 28, 2007
I am a relationship with a girl in naija while I am in UK. I knew her casually back then when I was in najia, I ran into her the last time I traveled to naija and collected her number. I spend a average of 30min on phone with her for the last 8 months. She has agreed to go out with me. I guess I like her enough to marry her.
Pls I need your advice from anyone with experience. Should I go ahead to marry her without courting her? What of if I discover some character traits that I don’t like? Or the time spend on phone is it enough to really know her?
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by IBDat(m): 3:31pm On Apr 28, 2007
Well from what i have seen n witnessed from people around me i would advise you to court her first!
Depending on where u're planning to live (once married) it can get tricky.
If back home - you might start discovering skeletons that had not been mentioned or referred to during your phone conversations.
If here in the UK - there are girls that use guys to come over here, get their papers n vamoos or even start mixing with their old school mates that introduces them to certain people, parties, their eyes being to open n shine waka-waka  shocked n once that happens, well - everybody is getting is getting a taste.
On the other hand there are those that are true n genuine - although rare.

Court her, learn for yoslf the kind of person she truely is before commiting yoslf!
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by anabell(f): 3:33pm On Apr 28, 2007
i guess so, since u have been talkin to her 4 d past 8months u should no  d type of person she is. some people court for just 2months and get married and are happy.
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by femoa(m): 3:38pm On Apr 28, 2007
I will like to court her, but i wouldn't have time to spend with her in naija and she couldn't get an entry clearance since were not married.
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by clutch162(m): 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2007
Hey Bro!, please "TRY" not to be foolish, undecided all in the name of love. Some might call it a "leap of faith", i'l call it "leap into death"! Love isnt all it take to make a relationship work. i bet u'll get married to her and u'll be worn out in weeks.

Save yourself the heartache and find someone u can spend time with to know each other.Online dating, phone call dating, whatever peple call it is all crap. why? percentage success is 0.1%, do the maths!
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by rock2(m): 3:52pm On Apr 28, 2007
Court first. And please try to be in the same place with your girl. Some girl who have boyfriends abroad mess around here in Naija. Want stories? ive got a number of them.

Phone calls alone is not enough to know someone. Its possible to fake almost anything on phone.
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by anabell(f): 3:53pm On Apr 28, 2007
so what have been doin to her 4 d past 8months
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by femoa(m): 4:17pm On Apr 28, 2007
@ Anabell
so what have been doin to her 4 d past 8months

I have been trying to get to know her better by spending time with her on phone.
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by anabell(f): 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2007
and dt same as courtin.
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by ikamefa(f): 4:57pm On Apr 28, 2007
@topic i kind of agree with @ ibdat

court her first not that phone thingy y'all doing !
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by anabell(f): 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2007
u dont have to be with someone all d time to court , if u want to no other tin about her u could tell ur friends or ur peaple to check her out 4 u
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by cuteass1(f): 6:12pm On Apr 28, 2007
Lets be realistic peeps . .  wink

Now of course, we all want you to court her, who wouldn't?

But just for a jiffy, while we're being realistic lets be practical too (which is what i think anabell was trying to do)

For you to really "court" her, you'll have to travel down to naija and spend at least 3-6 months with her. Experience what day to day life is like for the both of you or invite her to the Uk and spend sometime with her there. Now our dearest poster, are you ready to do either one of those?? We can't say "court her, court her" when we know its almost practically impossible due to their living conditions??

Now before you start smiling, remember this; a girl who is bent/determined on achieveing something, be it for the good reasons or not, will put up her best behaviour whether its an act or her real self wink

You see what i've always believed?? anybody you falls in love with someone, while you're abroad (i mean and the person is in Nigeria, Cameroun, etc.), the chances of you knowing their true selves is 50:50 because its either they're acting or they're not!!

Anabell darl. please allow me
anabell:

u don't have to be with someone all d time to court , if u want to no other tin about her u could tell your friends or your peaple to check her out for you

Now that might be your one and only resort. I'm not saying you should hire detectives, but ask friends, relations, even your parents sef, to watch her closely.

I hate to do this to a fellow "eve" but hey if she's clean, i know "my girl" will pull through, i hope she does cool

One thing she cannot hide is who she is behind you, esp. when she isn't farmiliar with those doing the "project".
The people you put on it should not, i mean should not know of each other, that is to assure accurate details free for manipulations or jealousy. After you've heard from two parties and their answers are not rhyming, go for another two. This is a sacrifice you have to pay to get the best cheesy .

I'll also advice you sincerely to put it into prayers too, remeber God starts working when the power of man has failed, and to those He loves, he reveals things wink . With God by your side, you'll get the answer you've long been waiting for.

And for that time being, do your courting on phone (i'll choose to believe that before you asked her for her number, and went ahead to call her, you saw something strikingly likeable in her, she stood out somewhat??), you've seen her, she's seen you so its not totally a blind date. When you get down to naija, spend some time with her, If the "detectives" find her unwanting, then go get your woman cheesy cheesy

Best of luck bro!!!! (i'll be cheering for you to get your "happily ever after" ending) grin
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by anabell(f): 6:51pm On Apr 28, 2007
@topic, cute ass has said it all.Goodluck
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by omega25red(m): 8:01pm On Apr 29, 2007
Dude you just answer your own question what if you find out something about her that you can't stand?

besides are you that Hot that you wan marry stranger? na watin your mama and papa go say??
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by kellorah: 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2007
without 'courting' her?? shocked wadda?
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by jaybaby(f): 8:28pm On Apr 29, 2007
Wow--Cut-Ass, Ur Replies r alwayz Long Abeg WHY?

Yes MARRY her!
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by cuteass1(f): 8:37pm On Apr 29, 2007
jaybaby:

Wow--Cut-Ass, your Replies r alwayz Long Abeg WHY?

Because i like stating everything i think, not half of it, is that ok with you?? undecided

Its just for the benefit of the beneficiary, noone else. Anybody that thinks its too long for their reading, can jump over. Believe me i won't draw you back wink
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 29, 2007
a friend of mine did the same thing and it worked out for her,u cld try ur luck too and if it doesnt work out u can always opt out.but most importantly anyway pray over it.
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by ABCDEFGHIJ(m): 9:08pm On Apr 29, 2007
no need to court, just go for it.
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by kellorah: 9:09pm On Apr 29, 2007
wot an id grin

seriously, COURT!
get to know her better. wink
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by spoilt(f): 9:57pm On Apr 29, 2007
you can be anything you want to be on the phone. do you feel obliged to marry her in a hurry abi wetin?
get to know her first.
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by hannydarl(f): 10:12pm On Apr 29, 2007
Court her MARRY me wink
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by gaylord: 10:26pm On Apr 29, 2007
@ hannydarl
hannydarl:

Court her MARRY me wink

u dey find husband? gaylord is available ooo
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by bluesky4(f): 10:28pm On Apr 29, 2007
gaylord:

@ hannydarl
u dey find husband? gaylord is available ooo

r u not looking for a oyinbo
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by deejay1(m): 10:29pm On Apr 29, 2007
i wont honestly i mean i wont marry her as u said in ur post that u just knew/met ger casually while u were in/went to nigeria nigeria. trying to know her on phone man to mi it doesnt feel good enough. people will always say wat they r not on phone if u get wat am trying 2 say. its just my own opinion thou i wont dare try to do it.people might say i no chop liver oo but every 1 as there own opinions so do wat u think its right 4 u. peace
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by hannydarl(f): 10:38pm On Apr 29, 2007
@ blue sky
Why you feel say i dey look for Oyinbo? me am not picky o anywhere wey love and happiness dey there i pitch ma tent.

@gay lord
dat ya name dey freak me i dont want to share my man with other men o if not i for consider you.
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by Besteric(m): 10:41pm On Apr 29, 2007
I visited my friend in the village few years ago. while peeling Oranges  and enjoying ourselves beside the bush, i saw a young girl coming back  from the church with her mother, she was goodlooking and possessed most of the physical qualities that i wanted in a wife, few days later i went back to enquire about her and before you cld say jack,, we got married without any form of courtship except for the few times i spent with her before introduction,
   She s remained a wonderful wife since then, sooo, follow your heart
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by gaylord: 10:55pm On Apr 29, 2007
@gay lord
that ya name dey freak me i don't want to share my man with other men o if not i for consider you.
[quote][/quote]

Another Sexual discrimination

Dont worry i don divorce all other mens kiss kiss
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by bluesky4(f): 10:57pm On Apr 29, 2007
hannydarl:

@ blue sky
Why you feel say i dey look for Oyinbo? me am not picky o anywhere wey love and happiness dey there i pitch ma tent.

@gay lord
that ya name dey freak me i don't want to share my man with other men o if not i for consider you.

sorry girl, i wasnt saying u looked white.
Gaylord, made a thread about ''how to toast a white girl in london''
so i thought he was looking for some1 white not black.
I dont even know how u look like
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by kellorah: 10:58pm On Apr 29, 2007
eric, na so u do ur own? shocked cheesy
Good luck with married life wink
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by Radiant(f): 10:59pm On Apr 29, 2007
hannydarl:

Court her MARRY me wink

cheesy

@topic,

Should you court her? NO!

Please court her.That shouldn't even be a question to be asked. Someone said "try your luck". . I pray that doesn't stick to your brain. How can you be trying your luck when we talking about marriage? I mean, I know marriage ain't a life sentence but on the other hand one should have enough time to make up his/her mind on a life partner to avoid more trouble .

For some it works out, for some it doesn't. But honestly, one has to be careful. Long-distance r/ship ain't the same as long-distance courting undecided I can date someone far from me but if we talking about ringing the wedding bells, umm. . we'll definitely have to move closer, ejo!
Re: Should I Marry Her Without Courting Her? by teddyface(m): 11:20pm On Apr 29, 2007
from xp dont fall for it. PLS be real, you nee to know who she really is. you cant know her over the phone even for the next 12 years. we all can act, so weak up. dont just think of marriage now ok. try to come around more spend some time with her. take it from me your idea about somethings will change

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is This Totally Unrealistic? / Guys That Can Cook(very Well) / 10 Seductive Bad Girl S*x Tricks To Try In Bed Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.