Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Child Bearing Age - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Child Bearing Age (1281 Views)

7 Health Risks Of Child Bearing After Age 35 / STRECH Mark:constant Worries With Women Especially After Child Bearing / What Range Is The Child Bearing Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Child Bearing Age by pslm23(f): 8:46pm On Sep 09, 2010
How come Nigerian / African women can get pregnant at age 40 and above and give birth easily without complications but in the US and other European countries, doctors tell women that after the age of 35 their chances of conceiving and carrying a child to full term slims down considerable?
My girlfriend just turned 36 and she's an emotional wreck becos she's been trying for over a year to get pregnant and it hasn't happened. Her doctor scared her even more by telling her that her chances are slim becos after 35 her eggs start depleting or something like that. Now she's considering going in for IUI or IVF if the IUI doesn't work.
I try to remind her that she is Nigerian and that her own mom had their youngest at 42. As far as I can remember women even in their late 40s back home have sucessfully carried belle and born the pickin no problem!
Re: Child Bearing Age by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 09, 2010
You have to consider, gene, food types and sometimes the climate might be a contributor to why Some Nigerian women can give birth at 40 and above years while some in other places cant,

just typing out loud!!!
Re: Child Bearing Age by pslm23(f): 9:14pm On Sep 09, 2010
mdsocks:

You have to consider, gene, food types and sometimes the climate might be a contributor to why Some Nigerian women can give birth at 40 and above years while some in other places cant,

just typing out loud!!!

do you think a gril born in Nigeria and raised there but moved to lets say the US as an adult will be affected by food and climate changes? I think so. I was told after I moved here that the beef and chicken here in the US has some kind of steroid in it. I was never a sickly child but a month after i got here i started suffering from all kinds of illnesses and at one times the doctors told me i was suffering from depression and put me on a weird mind altering medication that made me want to kill my husband. I go to buy chicken and the thighs are bigger than my own. So i asked around and was told that when the eggs hatch, the chicks are injected with steroids to make them grow faster embarassed
Re: Child Bearing Age by Sissy3(f): 6:39am On Sep 10, 2010
we are generally fertile. i mean they cant get all good things of life na. we cant be a poor nation plus an infertile nation too. God no dey do partia.

i think also its a combination of all things, food,chemicals,environment genes etc

(1) (Reply)

Cerebral Malaria May Have Passed From Gorillas To Us / Anti Allergy Bedding To Give Relief From Dust Allergy! / Man Had His Hand Attached To His ANKLE For A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.