Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Help! Internet Browsing Using Gprs - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! Internet Browsing Using Gprs (1441 Views)

MTN, ETISALAT, GLO Free Internet Unilimited Browsing Using Your-freedom Client / Mtn Introduces Simple Hourly Surf Or Internet Browsing / How To Use Sim Card Slot In Under The Dell Laptop Battery For Gprs Acess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Internet Browsing Using Gprs by tunscolo(m): 7:00pm On Apr 28, 2007
Hi Guys! Does anyone here knows how to configure the phone's GPRS to connect to a PC and browse the Internet using CELTEL or any other network?
This is not WAP but GPRS, browsing the internet on the computer with your phone connected to it as a modem.

Pls holler me at tunscolo2002@yahoo.com if you do.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Help! Internet Browsing Using Gprs by abimco(m): 6:33pm On Apr 29, 2007
Hello
You can use any of the network to browse without first subscribing to the GPRS service. For Glo you must have a post paid sim and request that the glodirect services be activated. For MTN you can use your prepaid sim but you must go to thier office to request the activation. OLD school MTEL also have a GPRS package you can pick up for N27k it comes with everything you need including the GRPS modem
Re: Help! Internet Browsing Using Gprs by dgr8test: 8:23am On May 06, 2007
for MTN you need to send an SMS with the word "setting" to 3888 or visit their website if your phone cannot be configured automatically. if u are on glo network advise you visist their website. Celtel is relaunching its gprs but can activate your sim by sending "wapgprs phone model" to +232 i.e "wapgprs nokia 6230i" to +232. Goodluck cool
Re: Help! Internet Browsing Using Gprs by dgr8test: 8:32am On May 06, 2007
to be able to connect with a PC you need a phone with a modem facility, bluetooth device or a data cable for your phone and most importantly Celtel APN which will be sent to your phone
Re: Help! Internet Browsing Using Gprs by Wilfem(m): 8:38pm On May 11, 2007
I'll advise you to get a phone with GPRS and bluetooth, preferrably Nokia brand. Then get a Celtel SIM and text this:
internetgprs phone model to +232, eg Internetgprs Nokia 7260 and you'll be sent the settings and your sim will be activated for internet access. The next thing is for you to get/install a bluetooth software on your PC or laptop with it's hard ware and follow the instructions on how to make the "Bluetooth Dail up connection".
NB. You'll be charged N15 for the text message and you must have at least N50 balance left on your phone before you can use it to browse. Try all these and in case you encounter any problem on it, let me know on this thread/topic Enjoy!!!
Re: Help! Internet Browsing Using Gprs by Neoteny(m): 7:40pm On May 16, 2007
if you have a nokia phone (preferably a smartphone) install nokia pc suite on your pc, activate gprs on your phone if you havent already done so (for mtn send SETTINGS to 3888 or set manually by setting packet data or gprs as your connection profile , set the IP to 10.199.212.2, APN (access point) to web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net), connect the phone to the pc via usb, bluetooth or infrared, start the internet connection service in pc suite and choose your connection method. once your phone is configured as a modem, fire up your default browser. voila, instant wireless internet!
Re: Help! Internet Browsing Using Gprs by tunscolo(m): 10:53pm On Mar 12, 2008
Neoteny:

if you have a nokia phone (preferably a smartphone) install nokia pc suite on your pc, activate gprs on your phone if you havent already done so (for mtn send SETTINGS to 3888 or set manually by setting packet data or gprs as your connection profile , set the IP to 10.199.212.2, APN (access point) to web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net), connect the phone to the pc via usb, bluetooth or infrared, start the internet connection service in pc suite and choose your connection method. once your phone is configured as a modem, fire up your default browser. voila, instant wireless internet!

But what is going to be the dial up username and password for the DUN connection and what is the fee for doing this? Is it free?
Re: Help! Internet Browsing Using Gprs by apity: 2:20pm On Apr 05, 2008
Hi,check this site up www.your-freedom.net It works,i've been using it since last year.All you need is how to configue your computer to your GPRS phone and install one or two softwares and you are there on the internet.You can do it yourselt.All the step-by-step process is in a ebook which you can get for token.You can contact me through apity2008@yahoo.com for more info if you are interested.

WHAT YOU PAY YOUR HARD EARN MONEY FOR CAN BE GOTTEN FOR A TOKEN IF YOU HAVE THE INFORMATION
Re: Help! Internet Browsing Using Gprs by wizslim(f): 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2008
@Apity
guy stop decieving people about the shit called freedom watever. for your information , they don't offer internet connction services all they do is protect your privacy which means before you can use their so call service you have to be connected first, STOP deceiving your fellow men because of a token N3k to sell your yeye book.

I think Starcoms 3g is still the best compare to multilinks, reltel except for visafone which i haven't really tested.
If there is any one who knows more about visafone should please post his or her comments.
here for us to view.
Re: Help! Internet Browsing Using Gprs by apity: 11:36am On Apr 11, 2008
@wizslim
This is not a deciet,Its what I used (confirmed)even right now without paying a kobo since June last year.I have even help people to do the configuration,Just tell me that you dont know how to go about it instead of this.
Well, you can continue paying for your internet connection its your choice as for me I used it and it works for me.
Anybody interested in it should contact me through apity2008@yahoo.com the configuration process is well explain in the ebook.

(1) (Reply)

Free 3gp Video Converter Download / New Laptop For #23,000 +1 Year Warranty + Pay On Delivery / Original 500gb Hard Drive Available, Clean, Fast Speed Copy And Rugged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.