Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

I Am In A Deep Sh.t, Pls Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Am In A Deep Sh.t, Pls Help (936 Views)

Deep Cycle Valve Regulated Battery (100ah, 12v); for sale @ N15,000. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am In A Deep Sh.t, Pls Help by GeeCee(m): 3:28pm On Sep 14, 2010
Hi all. Pls i scanned my flash drive with AVG antivrus and it wiped off some infected folders. I seriously need those folders back as i don't have a backup and i can't recreate the files in dem. There are items in d vu=irus vault showing the folders but i can't open dem. Infact d indicated size of the files are just TOO small compared to the actual size of the folders.
PLS SOMEBODY HELP ME.
Re: I Am In A Deep Sh.t, Pls Help by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 14, 2010
If they are not the actual file it's possible that the virus made your file hidden and replicated the names of those Folders are all the folders of the same size in the virus vault, even in hidden Files u still wont see them, Go to Folder Options and look for Hide all System Files and deselect it apply and check if this doesn't work it could be that the virus has messed up your registry

[Hard way]
depending on ur os
1.Go to Run/Search

2.type command or cmd.exe

3.type the flash driver letter assuming the flash is Drive J e.g"C:\docu~1\admin> J: "

4.press enter it should be like this J:\> meaning it has changed directory pointer to J

5.type dir /a this will scan all File attributes System,Hidee, and Read Only if its not there then sorry its gone,

6.if it is there Lucky you to make it visible again

7.type attrib /S /D -h -r -s this will clear all atrributes then wait for it and check your flash take care
Re: I Am In A Deep Sh.t, Pls Help by sayhi2ay(m): 4:07pm On Sep 14, 2010
files don't get technically deleted until you rewrite to its memory location

(1) (Reply)

Smtp Settings And Mail Settings? / Free 1year Webhosting,Domain Name And Unlimited Webmails Plus Your Website. / Suggest Name For A Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.