Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay (3126 Views)

West Ham Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 9th April 2016 / Manchester United Vs West Ham: FA Cup (1 - 1) ON 13th March 2016 / Liverpool Vs West Ham (0 - 3) On 29th August 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by july123(m): 3:20am On Sep 15, 2010
Last weekend’s home slump in the hands of John Mikel Obi’s Chelsea, may spell disaster for Victor Obinna Nsofor at West Ham United, as one of the club’s co-owners is thinking about cutting salaries of his players. Nsofor is still fresh at Upton Park and was rated man-of-the-match in their fourth slump of the campaign on Saturday, but he stands to face the cruel hands of fate, as The Hammers’ co-owner, David Sullivan admits they face a massive battle to get highly paid fringe players off their books.

Alarming news from Nsofor’s club reveals that debts are still estimated by the owners at £100million and the Sullivan-Gold regime is grappling with the balance sheet they inherited.

“The club is trading at a £30million loss, which myself and David Gold have both funded, but both the trading loss and debts will be reduced gradually with the support of ourselves, hopefully new investors, and the banks.
“It has meant, however, that there are restrictions on what we can pay for players and what wages we can pay,” Sullivan claimed.

He went on to admit that the arrival of Nsofor and seven other new players in the summer has added more weight for the club to carry, and hints that cost-cutting schemes must now be put in place at the London-based club.
“We have added eight players to the wage bill, only two came off, so a net increase of six players, and some of the new players are highly paid. As we work down existing contracts, so we will become more ambitious in our spending.
“Our problem is our wages budget has contractually been spent on players we inherited. Some players’ wages are so high it’s impossible to give them away, let alone get a fee for them,” Sullivan concluded.

However, despite the scary situation at Upton Park, Nsofor’s coach, Avram Grant is trying to cool tempers, as reports say the Israeli gaffer is struggling to arrest a negative thought process among his players. Following the 1-0 Carling Cup victory over Oxford United nearly three weeks ago he revealed he had spoken to the squad about ending talk of last season’s relegation struggle and to be more positive and look forward.

This inability to take on board instructions also manifested itself against Manchester United a fortnight ago during the 3-0 defeat at Old Trafford. Having instructed his defence to be careful not to foul Ryan Giggs, Grant watched as Jonathan Spector subsequently tripped the Welshman and gave away a penalty while West Ham were still level.

After losing 3-1 at home to Chelsea, Grant is desperate to take something from the next game, which is against Stoke City, before West Ham have to play Tottenham.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sportsonthehour/2010/sept/15/sportsbreak-15-09-2010-001.htm
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by sulad82i(m): 4:02am On Sep 15, 2010
the guy seems to be a good player but unlucky to attract big clubs
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by snowdrops(m): 1:40pm On Sep 15, 2010
is west ham going to become the portsmouth of this season? it perhaps means financial disaster looming for the english game.
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by Ranoscky(m): 1:48pm On Sep 15, 2010
When i first saw d topic, i taught it was about him (Nsofor) in particular. But after going thru d article, i realise dat it's a general procceedure. Dependin on how much would be deducted. If he (Obinna Nsofor) is not ok with d amount dat will be deducted, den he should quit d club n search for another club elsewhere to ply his services with a reasonable amount dat is ok for him!

Daz all i have to say about it!
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by snowdrops(m): 2:15pm On Sep 15, 2010
Ranoscky:

When i first saw d topic, i taught it was about him (Nsofor) in particular. But after going thru d article, i realise dat it's a general procceedure. Dependin on how much would be deducted. If he (Obinna Nsofor) is not ok with d amount dat will be deducted, den he should quit d club n search for another club elsewhere to ply his services with a reasonable amount dat is ok for him!

Daz all i have to say about it!
its not that easy to quit a club nowadays. ask mascherano.
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by EFFRAKATA: 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2010
I see Obinna and Osaze joining bigger premiership clubs@the open of the next tranfer window.
He is such a good player. He need not worry about the pay cut.
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by dlobrown: 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2010
i jst dnt know y a gr8 playa lik d@ wood b so unluncky
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by wales(m): 2:41pm On Sep 15, 2010
EFFRAKATA:

I see Obinna and Osaze joining bigger premiership clubs@the open of the next tranfer window.
He is such a good player. He need not worry about the pay cut.

Yes oooooooooooooo
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by otokx(m): 3:16pm On Sep 15, 2010
misleading header
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2010
july123:

Last weekend’s home slump in the hands of John Mikel Obi’s Chelsea, may spell disaster for Victor Obinna Nsofor at West Ham United, as one of the club’s co-owners is thinking about cutting salaries of his players. Nsofor is still fresh at Upton Park and was rated man-of-the-match in their fourth slump of the campaign on Saturday, but he stands to face the cruel hands of fate, as The Hammers’ co-owner, David Sullivan admits they face a massive battle to get highly paid fringe players off their books.

Alarming news from Nsofor’s club reveals that debts are still estimated by the owners at £100million and the Sullivan-Gold regime is grappling with the balance sheet they inherited.

“The club is trading at a £30million loss, which myself and David Gold have both funded, but both the trading loss and debts will be reduced gradually with the support of ourselves, hopefully new investors, and the banks.
“It has meant, however, that there are restrictions on what we can pay for players and what wages we can pay,” Sullivan claimed.

He went on to admit that the arrival of Nsofor and seven other new players in the summer has added more weight for the club to carry, and hints that cost-cutting schemes must now be put in place at the London-based club.
“We have added eight players to the wage bill, only two came off, so a net increase of six players, and some of the new players are highly paid. As we work down existing contracts, so we will become more ambitious in our spending.
“Our problem is our wages budget has contractually been spent on players we inherited. Some players’ wages are so high it’s impossible to give them away, let alone get a fee for them,” Sullivan concluded.

However, despite the scary situation at Upton Park, Nsofor’s coach, Avram Grant is trying to cool tempers, as reports say the Israeli gaffer is struggling to arrest a negative thought process among his players. Following the 1-0 Carling Cup victory over Oxford United nearly three weeks ago he revealed he had spoken to the squad about ending talk of last season’s relegation struggle and to be more positive and look forward.

This inability to take on board instructions also manifested itself against Manchester United a fortnight ago during the 3-0 defeat at Old Trafford. Having instructed his defence to be careful not to foul Ryan Giggs, Grant watched as Jonathan Spector subsequently tripped the Welshman and gave away a penalty while West Ham were still level.

After losing 3-1 at home to Chelsea, Grant is desperate to take something from the next game, which is against Stoke City, before West Ham have to play Tottenham.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sportsonthehour/2010/sept/15/sportsbreak-15-09-2010-001.htm
Man, it's not only Nsofor that will suffer this.
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by Sagamite(m): 4:02pm On Sep 15, 2010
otokx:

misleading header

Didn't you note the retarded publication that he sourced the news from?

They are the ones that titled it like that.
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by mbulela: 4:33pm On Sep 15, 2010
Sagamite:

Didn't you note the[b] retarded publication[/b] that he sourced the news from?

They are the ones that titled it like that.

gbam!
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by Goldenmeda(m): 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2010
ok, any hw i wish him (Obinna Nsofor) best of luck

Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by candylips(m): 8:40pm On Sep 15, 2010
west ham might go down o
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by snowdrops(m): 10:59pm On Sep 15, 2010
candylips:

west ham might go down o
their coach will not even bother to attend this weekends match as he has a religious event to celebrate
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by shotster50(m): 1:06am On Sep 16, 2010
A lot of people are saying that west ham have a really weak team this year. On the contrary, I feel that they have a very strong team they are, after all at the bottom of the league holding up the rest of the teams.
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by Sagamite(m): 1:46am On Sep 16, 2010
shotster50:

A lot of people are saying that west ham have a really weak team this year. On the contrary, I feel that they have a very strong team they are, after all at the bottom of the league holding up the rest of the teams.

grin grin grin
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by yousouph(m): 7:36am On Sep 16, 2010
West Ham knew they got lots of debt and bought 8 playas with high wages and offload only 2. The board is sick.
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by Ranoscky(m): 9:37am On Sep 16, 2010
^
So sick my broda.
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by MrTA(m): 10:09am On Sep 16, 2010
I dont see the issue. he's signed a contract. If he doesnt want them to reduce his wages he has a contract that West Ham have to abide by even if they dont play him anymore they will have to fulfill that obligation. If they want to get him off the books I dont see how it wont cost the hammers substantially.
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by pat077: 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2010
I've neva seen dis guy as a great player but i wish he succeed in d Epl
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by pat077: 1:17pm On Sep 16, 2010
I've neva seen dis guy as a great player but i wish he succeed in d Epl
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by mecussey(m): 3:33pm On Sep 16, 2010
He lacks brain power, but he's a strong player. EPL hate low brain players, don't you wonder why Mikel is rated higher even without a goal to show for it? He has high brain power in football and EPL love it.
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by jcccccc: 5:51pm On Sep 17, 2010
Hi Highlanders,

You need to understand that the people who opened the tread against Mikel are the same people opening the idiotic thread against nsofor, Ojukwu, Soludo, Dora Akunyili and even Philip Emeagwali ( the biggest world computer scientist).

They are the haters of Anambra big boys.

They are Imo state people from south east.

They go about the whole federation trying to buy public hatred against Anambra people just because of envy, just because they are under-acheivers. The maurice Iwu people.

They have singled excellent individuals from anambra out for persecution. They use the national radio and television. Any program they anchor is an avenue for them to attack Anambra people.

They have succeeded so far using complete sports to kill Mikels high profile so that the guy cannot land high promotion deals in Nigeria again. They are after Jim Iyke, Nsofor, Akunyili with her laudable profile and campaigns and I think that their governor sponsors them into media firms like newspaper houses and tv and radio stations because he thinks that he would not be a match for high intellectuals like soludo when the time for national assignment calls and that is why they used their son maurice iwu to destroy soludos chances in Anambra elections even when it is clear that PDP is winning every state in Nigeria.

They have succeeeded so far because Anambra people still see this people as their own and so to penetrate them to inflict poisonous sores on their individual personalities.

They try to confuse people from other Igbo states to help them to hate and fight Anambra. People of Anambra must rise to this challenge now or never.

They should set up a secret probe to know what happened to minaj in lagos because this people sabotage firms owned by Anambra people also

I would not suprised if they penetrate nairaland to use it agaist Anambra and her highly intellectual sons and daughters.

You wonder why p square wins all the awards overseas but their songs are not playes in Nigeria tv and radio stations. Still this people in action,

Anambra arise and defend your own
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by mystikal(m): 10:37pm On Sep 17, 2010
F.ool
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by Sagamite(m): 6:01pm On Sep 20, 2010
jcccccc:

Hi Highlanders,

You need to understand that the people who opened the tread against Mikel are the same people opening the idiotic thread against nsofor, Ojukwu, Soludo, Dora Akunyili and even Philip Emeagwali ( the biggest world computer scientist).

They are the haters of Anambra big boys.

They are Imo state people from south east.

They go about the whole federation trying to buy public hatred against Anambra people just because of envy, just because they are under-acheivers. The maurice Iwu people.

They have singled excellent individuals from anambra out for persecution. They use the national radio and television. Any program they anchor is an avenue for them to attack Anambra people.

They have succeeded so far using complete sports to kill Mikels high profile so that the guy cannot land high promotion deals in Nigeria again. They are after Jim Iyke, Nsofor, Akunyili with her laudable profile and campaigns and I think that their governor sponsors them into media firms like newspaper houses and tv and radio stations because he thinks that he would not be a match for high intellectuals like soludo when the time for national assignment calls and that is why they used their son maurice iwu to destroy soludos chances in Anambra elections even when it is clear that PDP is winning every state in Nigeria.

They have succeeeded so far because Anambra people still see this people as their own and so to penetrate them to inflict poisonous sores on their individual personalities.

They try to confuse people from other Igbo states to help them to hate and fight Anambra. People of Anambra must rise to this challenge now or never.

They should set up a secret probe to know what happened to minaj in lagos because this people sabotage firms owned by Anambra people also

I would not suprised if they penetrate nairaland to use it agaist Anambra and her highly intellectual sons and daughters.

You wonder why p square wins all the awards overseas but their songs are not playes in Nigeria tv and radio stations. Still this people in action,

Anambra arise and defend your own

Retard!

Please do me a favour?

Commit suicide!!! End your useless life, you have nothing positive to add to the human race.

I will pay you for it, I swear. Just let me know when you have done it.
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by candylips(m): 10:24pm On Sep 20, 2010
Philip Emeagwali is a fraud na
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by mamagee3(f): 11:53pm On Sep 20, 2010
Sagamite:

Retard!

Please do me a favour?

Commit suicide!!! End your useless life, you have nothing positive to add to the human race.

I will pay you for it, I swear. Just let me know when you have done it.
Once again, I ask. . .Is this coming from the most friendly nairalander?
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by Sagamite(m): 11:57pm On Sep 20, 2010
mama-gee:

Once again, I ask. . .Is this coming from the most friendly nairalander?

You don't consider good advice friendly? undecided

Chineke o!
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by mamagee3(f): 11:58pm On Sep 20, 2010
Sagamite:

You don't consider good advice friendly?  undecided

Chineke o!   
Good advice?

By calling him a retard and his life useless? undecided
Re: West Ham Threatens Nsofor With Half Pay by Sagamite(m): 12:15am On Sep 21, 2010
mama-gee:

Good advice?

By calling him a retard and his life useless? undecided

Eh ehn? undecided

He most likely does not know and needs to be told na. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Manchester's Wayne Rooney And Joe Hart Put Football Rivalry Aside As They Lark A / Lionel Messi / Wigan Vs Chelsea [0 - 6] On Sat, Aug 21st At 5:15pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.