Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Autoscanning For All Satellites - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Autoscanning For All Satellites (1719 Views)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / FTA Satellites With Footprint And Fringe Signals In Africa / Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Autoscanning For All Satellites by warrendam(m): 12:27pm On Sep 15, 2010
Hi Nairaland,
I would like to know whether or not it is possible to use the automatic channel scan to can more than one satellite at the same time on a Technosat T-888 plus FTA receiver.

Many thanks.
Re: Autoscanning For All Satellites by microgint: 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2010
It's possible, provided all required satellites are well connected to the decoder
Re: Autoscanning For All Satellites by Jezzybrown(m): 1:47pm On Sep 15, 2010
its possible here in nigeria
Re: Autoscanning For All Satellites by warrendam(m): 2:07pm On Sep 15, 2010
Wow!
Good to know that it is possible. Could you please guide me through it?
How do I activate the autoscan for all satellites at the same time?

Many thanks.
Re: Autoscanning For All Satellites by Ameboperoo(m): 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2010
Your question is not very clear. Are you asking if one can actually track these sats or do you mean 2 to ask if it's possible to autoscan more than one sat at a time? If you are using a motorized setup then is not. You have to point your dish to a sat before you can scan 4 the channels on it.
Re: Autoscanning For All Satellites by warrendam(m): 10:18am On Sep 16, 2010
Thanks for your response Ameboperoo.
I have a 1.8m dish having 2 LNBs i.e. 64Est and 68East plus a 90cm Dish at 68East, all through a Eurostar switch.
In my question, I meant the possibility of scanning all those 3 sat's at the same time. Is it possible to do that or I can only scan one sat' at atime then move to the next?

Hope I have been clearer this time round.

Many thanks.
Re: Autoscanning For All Satellites by microgiant: 10:53am On Sep 16, 2010
You can scan all at the same time, there is always an option to select satellites you want to scan in automatic and blindscan modes of satellite receivers.

I have not used a Technosat before but under scan - you should highlight each sat and press the "OK" or "Enter" button on your remote before giving the scan command.
Re: Autoscanning For All Satellites by warrendam(m): 11:24am On Sep 16, 2010
Thanks a lot Microgiant for ya response.
I think the type of Receiver am using doesn't allow for that. As earlier mentioned it is a Technosat T-888 ultra. If am wrong, I stand to be corrected.

Many thanks.
Re: Autoscanning For All Satellites by gadotor(m): 4:25pm On Mar 19, 2011
THE ANSWEN IS NO.YOU CAN ONLY SCAN ONE SATELLITE AT A TIME.thank you
Re: Autoscanning For All Satellites by solajacobs(m): 7:10pm On Mar 19, 2011
you can blindscan more than one at a time on strong .

(1) (Reply)

Qsat Q26g Is Available For Sale / How To Connect My Beko Satellite TV / Is Free Cnn, Ait And Nta Still Obtanable On 2.4m C Band?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.