Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

What Is A God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is A God? (5506 Views)

What Makes God A God? / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is A God? by InesQor(m): 7:53pm On Sep 19, 2010
@vescucci: It is vain to attempt to explain faith in mere words. Knowing God requires faith. What you are asking for is knowledge from a standpoint of reasoning. God cannot be entirely reasoned away. #okThanksBye
Re: What Is A God? by InesQor(m): 7:57pm On Sep 19, 2010
Sorry i meant @Idehn in the above post.
Re: What Is A God? by NegroNtns(m): 9:55pm On Sep 19, 2010
I know most of you denying the existence of a higher authority are doing so out of the need to appear mainstream in your ideology. The claims you make are disgenuous and hypocritical.

When the Western culture began to export the fad that breast feeding was bad, Africans abandoned their natural beliefs in the nurturing power of the mother's milk and jumped on the bandwagon for powder milk. . . then Western culture came back and reclaimed the benefit of the mother's milk and so Africans again swung in line. Wherever West leaned there we swing! Christianity was brought to us. . . we became the band major for it, I slam was not ours but we became band major. . . it is not at all surprising that we are again jumping out of our black skins to lead the band for atheists and agnostics. It is only a matter of time before West rethink and go back to GOD. . . .
Will you then swing back with them or will you continue to deny a higher authority?

You all have substituted white man and his culture for your GOD and nature. Wake up brotherman!
Re: What Is A God? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 19, 2010
Negro_Ntns:

I know most of you denying the existence of a higher authority are doing so out of the need to appear mainstream in your ideology. The claims you make are disgenuous and hypocritical.

When the Western culture began to export the fad that bosom feeding was bad, Africans abandoned their natural beliefs in the nurturing power of the mother's milk and jumped on the bandwagon for powder milk. . . then Western culture came back and reclaimed the benefit of the mother's milk and so Africans again swung in line. Wherever West leaned there we swing! Christianity was brought to us. . . we became the band major for it, I slam was not ours but we became band major. . . it is not at all surprising that we are again jumping out of our black skins to lead the band for atheists and agnostics. It is only a matter of time before West rethink and go back to GOD. . . .
Will you then swing back with them or will you continue to deny a higher authority?

You all have substituted white man and his culture for your GOD and nature. Wake up brotherman!

Lmao, you are really funny!!!
You claim people who are agnostics and atheists are doing so due to western influence, but you open threads to explain the Jewish creation story that was packaged for you westerners!!!

Atheism is not synonymous to western culture, any religious person can question his faith and come to the conclusion that the deity they worship probably doesn't exist.

By the way, since you believe Jewish fairy tales and spend considerable effort explaining nonsense like Adam and eve, YOU are the one that has betrayed your culture.

I wonder if there is some Jew trying to rationalize african myths on some Israeli message board, but you have this Uncle Ruckus explaining talking snakes and accusing people of being blind followers of foreign concepts.
Re: What Is A God? by kolaoloye(m): 12:52pm On Sep 20, 2010
A God is someone that has solution to everything.
Re: What Is A God? by NegroNtns(m): 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2010
Lmao, you are really funny!!!
You claim people who are agnostics and atheists are doing so due to western influence, but you open threads to explain the Jewish creation story that was packaged for you westerners!!!

It is what you call "Jewish Creation Story" that Jews and white race has used continously to dominate advancements in the world. . . albeit, to dominate black race!

Where is our story? If I present you with IFA you will still it turn it down as fables.

I am not explaining Jewish story. . . I am de-mistifying their hidden codes and rituals so that if you cannot understand the cryptic code on its surface you can at least receive the underlying meaning and apply it to your situation.

Atheism is not synonymous to western culture, any religious person can question his faith and come to the conclusion that the deity they worship probably doesn't exist.

. . . . possibly!

By the way, since you believe Jewish fairy tales and spend considerable effort explaining nonsense like Adam and eve, YOU are the one that has betrayed your culture.

. . . . How so? In terms of human history as it relates to Adam and Eve there is not even anything called Judaism. There had to be a religion in the time of Noah and Abraham because these were people that worshipped and made offering and sacrifices to GOD. So what was that religion which they practiced? Please explain it to us.

I wonder if there is some Jew trying to rationalize african myths on some Israeli message board, but you have this Uncle Ruckus explaining talking snakes and accusing people of being blind followers of foreign concepts.

. . . again, it is not an explanation and is not rationalization. Jews don't need to discuss African myths. . . their Rabbis have cognition and know who the Hamitic branch is. They have not lost their spiritually ordained course. It is the Hamitic children that have abandoned theirs and it is so fortunate that what you call Jewish Creation Story is in support of African historical facts better than what you can find in any textbook written on Africa by Western academia. Isn't it ironic that the Book contain authentic information about us and yet with all our Western education we are lazy in decoding it? The successful ones are those who unveiled the hidden messages and applied it to their needs.

In material culture, Blacks are the borrower and imitator, rarely the originator. We should band together and originate our own meanings and interpretations to magnify our authentic divine attributes, not follow in fads after fads imported by foreigners. Won't you agree?
Re: What Is A God? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 20, 2010
Negro_Ntns:

It is what you call "Jewish Creation Story"  that Jews and white race has used continously to dominate advancements in the world. . . albeit, to dominate black race!

Where is our story?  If I present you with IFA you will still it turn it down as fables. 

I am not explaining Jewish story. . . I am de-mistifying their hidden codes and rituals so that if you cannot understand the cryptic code on its surface you can at least receive the underlying meaning and apply it to your situation. 

. . . . possibly!

. . . . How so?   In terms of human history as it relates to Adam and Eve there is not even anything called Judaism.  There had to be a religion in the time of Noah and Abraham because these were people that worshipped and made offering and sacrifices to GOD.  So what was that religion which they practiced?   Please explain it to us.

. . . again, it is not an explanation and is not rationalization.   Jews don't need to discuss African myths. . . their Rabbis have cognition and know who the Hamitic branch is.  They have not lost their spiritually ordained course.  It is the Hamitic children that have abandoned theirs and it is so fortunate that what you call Jewish Creation Story is in support of African historical facts better than what you can find in any textbook written on Africa by Western academia.   Isn't it ironic that the Book contain authentic information about us and yet with all our Western education we are lazy in decoding it?  The successful ones are those who unveiled the hidden messages and applied it to their needs.

In material culture, Blacks are the borrower and imitator, rarely the originator.  We should band together and originate our own meanings and interpretations to magnify our authentic divine attributes, not follow in fads after fads imported by foreigners.  Won't you agree?

Ok, whatever you say.

Hamitic branch!!! WTF
It's obvious you think the bible is historical so I'm not going to go further with you because you have to be willfully ignorant to take that $hit serious.

I wish I could shove that Hamitic branch down your throat. Jews say you're cursed and you agree with them!!!

I don't believe in the Ifa thing because it's just as absurd as every religious beliefs ever held by man.

Instead "de~mystifying" Jewish hidden codes why don't you "de~mystify" Ifa
Re: What Is A God? by NegroNtns(m): 7:07pm On Sep 20, 2010
Ok, whatever you say.

Hamitic branch!!! WTF
It's obvious you think the bible is historical so I'm not going to go further with you because you have to be willfully ignorant to take that $hit serious.

I wish I could shove that Hamitic branch down your throat. Jews say you're cursed and you agree with them!!!

. . . . . Colonization of the Asian countries is no different than colonization of Africa or South America, but yet in these continents the people, in some cases, have gone back to the practice of their native belief system and in others, they have picked back up their native tongues and we see where these efforts are paying off for them in terms of the material culture I mentioned in my earlier response. These people have political control and right of sovereignty over their natural resources and on a global scale they bring it to bear in international relations.

In Africa however, we brag in our proficiency of the foreign language and intimacy with their culture. . . . . . . does any race of people need to say we are cursed for you to believe it? Will you feel better if an Hausa man tell you you are cursed, instead of hearing it from a Jew? We don't even have control of our own resources, much more the power to negotiate trades. Is that a blessing to you?

I don't believe in the Ifa thing because it's just as absurd as every religious beliefs ever held by man

You are not saying anything I didn't already know.

Instead "de~mystifying" Jewish hidden codes why don't you "de~mystify" Ifa

IFA and the authentic religion given by GOD, from Adam down to Abraham are the same. They diverted at the point when the languages were broken up. Subsequently man has introduced heretics into that faith and diluted its authenticity. In fact, Christianity is built upon Judaism and Quran is nothing but the Gospel of Jesus written in Arabic.

Let me give you something that will cause you a shock. . . . well, no never mind! I can't give pearls to pigs
Re: What Is A God? by Kay17: 8:05pm On Sep 20, 2010
Negro_Ntns:

Ok, whatever you say.

. . . . . Colonization of the Asian countries is no different than colonization of Africa or South America, but yet in these continents the people, in some cases, have gone back to the practice of their native belief system and in others, they have picked back up their native tongues and we see where these efforts are paying off for them in terms of the material culture I mentioned in my earlier response.   These people have political control and right of sovereignty over their natural resources and on a global scale they bring it to bear in international relations.

In Africa however,  we brag in our proficiency of the foreign language and intimacy with their culture. . . . . . . does any race of people need to say we are cursed for you to believe it?  Will you feel better if an Hausa man tell you you are cursed, instead of hearing it from a Jew?  We don't even have control of our own resources, much more the power to negotiate trades.  Is that a blessing to you?   

IFA and the authentic religion given by GOD, from Adam down to Abraham are the same.  They diverted at the point when the languages were broken up.  Subsequently man has introduced heretics into that faith and diluted its authenticity.  In fact, Christianity is built upon Judaism and Quran is nothing but the Gospel of Jesus written in Arabic. 

Let me give you something that will cause you a shock. . . . well, no never mind!  I can't give pearls to pigs
Its good to blame other people for your problems, Africa is cursed? by you? Its too many people with this stereotypical mind like yours that sums up Africa. Too much illiteracy, too much poverty and religion!

Oh you see Ifa religion as diluted and worse than Christianity? Can't you hear your demons talking! Aren't they just the same - wild fantasies.

In Africa however,  we brag in our proficiency of the foreign language and intimacy with their culture. . . . . . . does any race of people need to say we are cursed for you to believe it?  Will you feel better if an Hausa man tell you you are cursed, instead of hearing it from a Jew?  We don't even have control of our own resources, much more the power to negotiate trades.  Is that a blessing to you?   
So if we keep up with centuries past culture (which has lost all usefulness in today's world ) so whats gained?
Re: What Is A God? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:31pm On Sep 20, 2010
Lionel Messi is God.
Re: What Is A God? by NegroNtns(m): 8:40pm On Sep 20, 2010
Kay,

you are making assumptions. Read, understand and respond objectively. . . .don't talk spontaneously on the edge of emotions.
Re: What Is A God? by Kay17: 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2010
@Jen,
No, its CR7
Re: What Is A God? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 20, 2010
Kay 17:

Its good to blame other people for your problems, Africa is cursed? by you? Its too many people with this stereotypical mind like yours that sums up Africa. Too much illiteracy, too much poverty and religion!

Oh you see Ifa religion as diluted and worse than Christianity? Can't you hear your demons talking! Aren't they just the same - wild fantasies.
So if we keep up with centuries past culture (which has lost all usefulness in today's world ) so whats gained?

I hold the same opinion. That Africa is cursed thing is a slave mentality these guys won't let go off!!!

History shows that Africans had thriving civilizations until they accepted the Abrahamic faiths, once ancients did that, they discarded their culture for foreign once and that was the beginning of the end.

Negro_Ntns:

Ok, whatever you say.

. . . . . Colonization of the Asian countries is no different than colonization of Africa or South America, but yet in these continents the people, in some cases, have gone back to the practice of their native belief system and in others, they have picked back up their native tongues and we see where these efforts are paying off for them in terms of the material culture I mentioned in my earlier response.   These people have political control and right of sovereignty over their natural resources and on a global scale they bring it to bear in international relations.

IFA and the authentic religion given by GOD, from Adam down to Abraham are the same.  They diverted at the point when the languages were broken up.  Subsequently man has introduced heretics into that faith and diluted its authenticity.  In fact, Christianity is built upon Judaism and Quran is nothing but the Gospel of Jesus written in Arabic. 

Let me give you something that will cause you a shock. . . . well, no never mind!  I can't give pearls to pigs

Lol, this coon calling me a pig!!!
Im very sorry you THINK you're cursed, but I'm way to smart to think I'm cursed because some fairy tale says so.
The Asians resisted colonization, if you didn't know. When the christians try to import their brand of craziness into Japan they were murdered and sent back Europe grin grin the emperors knew if they allowed the Christians free  reign, they would lose their people, then their lands to the freaking Christian snakes.
The British used religion to cause uprisings which led rebellions in china as early as the 1839 or thereabouts but the Chinese were able to retain their culture.

Native Americans, north and south, were murdered directly and indirectly by Christians because they welcomed them with open arms. Same for africans.

When Europe was under the influence of the church and the Christian religion, times were really wonderful, so wonderful that the period is known as the DARK AGES!

You don't have control of your resources because the corrupt system left behind by the colonials  keeps producing religious illiterates as leaders who commit every crime imaginable. After that, they run to the religious leaders who spew all types of biblical scare tactics to keep you people in line.
Then they tell you to wait for the hippie looking Jew to float in from space and save you from people you can get rid off if only you'll use your brains for other thing besides de-mystifying Adam and eve fairy tales.

It doesn't take much for a Christian to shock me, the next thing you post is going to be amazingly steeped in Christian logic, and christian logic involves a lot of stupefying and shocking ignorance.
Re: What Is A God? by NegroNtns(m): 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2010
How amazing that you decry Biblical accounts as false but then grasp onto historical accounts written by the hands and the thoughts of the same people you label with falsehood?

Who do you think wrote these history you googled and reproduced? 

Do not let your bias against the Jews lead you to not believe the Bible.  I am not a supporter of Jewish history either. . .  .but the Bible is not Jewish, neither is it Christian, the Bible is nature.   If you fail to understand that fundamental disconnection between humanity and racial or religious identity, as narrated in the Bible, then you need a good dose of wisdom to bring you out of your darkness. 

The Bible was sent to humanity, Adam was not Jew, neither was Noah or Abraham.  Jewish identity was not established till after Jacob - Joseph's father -  but then we learnt also that Joseph was made great by the Egyptians.  Every Prophet beginning with Abraham was nurtured and groomed by the Egyptian culture which was strictly Hamitic and conformed with the authentic religion until heretics were introduced to defile it. 

You can deny Jewishness but you cannot deny Humanism.  Turn to any social systems and endeavors in modern society and civilization. . . they all evolve from those same ancient civilizations you decry.   So how do you embrace the modern legal system and deny its roots?  How do you embrace modern medicine and deny its roots?  How do you accept Socrates, Galileo, Archimedes, Charles Darwin, Newton. . .and the hosts of them but deny their source and root of their enlightenement? 

Get out of your darkness fool!
Re: What Is A God? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2010
Negro_Ntns:

How amazing that you decry Biblical accounts as false but then grasp onto historical accounts written by the hands and the thoughts of the same people you label with falsehood?

Who do you think wrote these history you googled and reproduced? 

Do not let your bias against the Jews lead you to not believe the Bible.  I am not a supporter of Jewish history either. . .  .but the Bible is not Jewish, neither is it Christian, the Bible is nature.   If you fail to understand that fundamental disconnection between humanity and racial or religious identity, as narrated in the Bible, then you need a good dose of wisdom to bring you out of your darkness. 

The Bible was sent to humanity, Adam was not Jew, neither was Noah or Abraham.  Jewish identity was not established till after Jacob - Joseph's father -  but then we learnt also that Joseph was made great by the Egyptians.  Every Prophet beginning with Abraham was nurtured and groomed by the Egyptian culture which was strictly Hamitic and conformed with the authentic religion until heretics were introduced to defile it. 

You can deny Jewishness but you cannot deny Humanism.  Turn to any social systems and endeavors in modern society and civilization. . . they all evolve from those same ancient civilizations you decry.   So how do you embrace the modern legal system and deny its roots?  How do you embrace modern medicine and deny its roots?  How do you accept Socrates, Galileo, Archimedes, Charles Darwin, Newton. . .and the hosts of them but deny their source and root of their enlightenement? 

Get out of your darkness fool!

Lol, he called me a fool.

Ok, the difference between biblical accounts of history and secular history is that the latter has evidence. Simple!
So continue your mental ma$turbation of de mystifying fairy tales, maybe you can tackle beauty and the beast next.

And since yor are so versed in biblical "history", can you tell me where I can view the evidence of this massive boat built by the guy who cursed his son because he decided to get drunk and n@ked?

Would you curse your son if he saw you n@ked?
Anyway, just one piece of evidence will do.
Thank you mister Negro ntns.

What's up with this holier than thou message board? How is ma$turbation a dirty word that has to be changed to self service? grin WTH man N@ked is also dirty word!!!
Re: What Is A God? by vescucci(m): 7:35pm On Sep 21, 2010
See the small innocuous question that has got people submitting theses. Na wa o!
Re: What Is A God? by Kay17: 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2010
Negro feeding us with lies. Its amazing how you draw comparism between Biblical history and reality. The Bible, like the Koran, Vedas and their sorts; didn't drop from Heaven, they were written and accepted by men! The particular books that comprise of the Bible, were not canonized by angels, but men. That would explain why the Catholic prefer a different bible from the Protestant bible, why the Ethiopian bible is different from the earlier two. Why the Eastern Orthodox Church uses an entirely different bible, not to speak of the Greek and Russian Orthodox churches,

The Bible has created a fantastic history for itself. Hardly collaborates with external sources, in short a frozen cultural folklore. Its senseless insulting people for criticizing the folly you put on your head!
Re: What Is A God? by PastorAIO: 11:45pm On Sep 21, 2010
It seems that the biblical definition of a God is a being that knows the difference between Good and Evil
5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Gen 3
22And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:
Re: What Is A God? by NegroNtns(m): 1:24am On Sep 22, 2010
Ok, the difference between biblical accounts of history and secular history is that the latter has evidence.

Which one of these is the history of Pharaoh and the civilization of Egypt? How about Roman civilization? How about Ceasar? How about Xerxes? What about the Ottoman invasion? How about the Babylonians? Are all these Biblical or cultural histories?

You have been swindled. . . go ask for your money back from the college that awarded you a degree.

And since yor are so versed in biblical "history", can you tell me where I can view the evidence of this massive boat built by the guy who cursed his son because he decided to get drunk and n@ked?

Would you curse your son if he saw you n@ked?

That's why I said earlier that pearls are not for pigs! Your layer of understanding in Biblical narrations is at the swine level. Those who can understand it at the human level already got the message. In case you desire to evolve, here it is again for safekeeping. . . . . the unclothedness narration is a code, so is the dimensions given in the ark.
Re: What Is A God? by Nobody: 2:23am On Sep 22, 2010
Negro_Ntns:

Which one of these is the history of Pharaoh and the civilization of Egypt?  How about Roman civilization?  How about Ceasar?  How about Xerxes?  What about the Ottoman invasion?  How about the Babylonians?  Are all these Biblical or cultural histories?

You have been swindled. . . go ask for your money back from the college that awarded you a degree.

That's why I said earlier that pearls are not for pigs!  Your layer of understanding in Biblical narrations is at the swine level.  Those who can understand it at the human level already got the message.  In case you desire to evolve, here it is again for safekeeping. . . . . the unclothedness narration is a code, so is the dimensions given in the ark. 

So I need to evolve to understand your "pearls of wisdom",   grin whatever  Einstein!

Enlighten us Wise one,

Which Pharaoh does the bible refer to and which dynasty? Menes, thutmose, etc

What about the roman civilization.

Which Caesar are you referring to? Nero, Julius etc

What about the Babylonians?

Xerxes was a zoroastrian and Zoroastrianism is a monotheistic religion that preceded  the abrahamic ones. So what does he have to do with your bible?

The n@kedness narration is now a code, I thought it was the reason you are cursed!!!
The dimensions are a code too?

This sounds like a game of SPOT THE BULL$HIT lmao

You really are a funny Negro!!!!

Back to the question, a god is whoever Negro ntns say he is, he has cracked all the codes so we don't need any more answers.

Thanks mr Negro ntns, our very own nairaland sage.
Re: What Is A God? by Kay17: 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2010
Shouldn't benelovence be an essential ingredient for a God, since his existence is one of comfort and hope.

Speaking on a theological level, the distinction between good and evil would be artifical, since they do not threaten his existence.
Re: What Is A God? by NegroNtns(m): 3:08pm On Sep 22, 2010
Which Pharaoh does the bible refer to and which dynasty? Menes, thutmose, etc

What about the roman civilization.

Which Caesar are you referring to? Nero, Julius etc

What about the Babylonians?

Xerxes was a zoroastrian and Zoroastrianism is a monotheistic religion that preceded the abrahamic ones. So what does he have to do with your bible?

. . . The question is simple. It does not matter which dynasty or reign of the crown just answer and distinguish where the Bible stop and cultural history began.

Your understanding of the Bible is, as I have said repeatedly, primitive. I see where your rebellion is coming from. Your need for divine understanding was not properly guided, at best you may have been groomed by one of these buka pastors that attend 6months fast forward coaching for ministering. They come out focused on getting rich off your ignorance and spew nonsense from the pulpit. Let me help you out. . . .

The Bible is divided into historical sections or ages, so to speak.

1. Creation
2. Antidiluvian
3. Postdiluvian
4. Abrahamic
5. Mosaic
6. Messianic
7. Apostolic

From 1 to early part of 4 (before Abraham was circumcised), GOD is addressing all of mankind.
From latter part of 4 to 5 (from when he had Issac), GOD is addressing a particular people - Children of Israel.
5 Is all Mosaic laws, focused on a new social order for the Children of Israel.
6 Is Jesus, GOD is again addressing all of humanity.
7 Is the ministering of Christianity and a new social order for all of mankind.

I said in one of my posts that religion, history and geography are inextricably inter-woven. Together they give a three dimensional definition to a race of people.

Use this information to separate the Biblical from the cultural historical of those civilizations I asked you about. Let's see if you can without any reference to the Bible.

You think the Bible is just a dud textbook? You have lost your dam_n mind!
Re: What Is A God? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2010
Negro_Ntns:

. . . The question is simple.  It does not matter which dynasty or reign of the crown just answer and distinguish where the Bible stop and cultural history began. 

Your understanding of the Bible is, as I have said repeatedly, primitive.  I see where your rebellion is coming from.  Your need for divine understanding was not properly guided, at best you may have been groomed by one of these buka pastors that attend 6months fast forward coaching for ministering.  They come out focused on getting rich off your ignorance and spew nonsense from the pulpit.  Let me help you out. . . .

The Bible is divided into historical sections or ages, so to speak.

1. Creation
2. Antidiluvian
3. Postdiluvian
4. Abrahamic
5. Mosaic
6. Messianic
7. Apostolic

From 1 to early part of 4 (before Abraham was circumcised), GOD is addressing all of mankind. 
From latter part of 4 to 5 (from when he had Issac), GOD is addressing a particular people - Children of Israel.
5 Is all Mosaic laws, focused on a new social order for the Children of Israel.
6 Is Jesus, GOD is again addressing all of humanity.
7 Is the ministering of Christianity and a new social order for all of mankind.

I said in one of my posts that religion, history and geography are inextricably inter-woven.  Together they give a three dimensional definition to a race of people. 

Use this information to separate the Biblical from the cultural historical of those civilizations I asked you about.  Let's see if you can without any reference to the Bible. 

You think the Bible is just a dud textbook?   You have lost your dam_n mind!

grin Nice, you managed to ignore the questions and go on another rant!

Ok, whatever you say, I'm done arguing with people with delusional beliefs and questionable intelligence.

I'm an atheist so I have no idea what you mean by being "groomed" by anybody.
Re: What Is A God? by DeepSight(m): 3:32pm On Sep 22, 2010
@ Martian -

Are you an atheist?

In answering this, please note the following -

1. The Anti-religionist Atheist. This Atheist is entirely focused on the absurdity of the Religious Theist's Ontology of God. He finds the construct of God as delivered through Religion to be ludicruous and as such rejects them in its entirety. He does not pause to think about God outside the precept of religion.

2. The Pure Atheist - This Atheist is entirely set against the idea of God. The objection of this Atheist is not so much the internally inconsistent ontology of the Religious Ideas of God, but more the fact that a non-material God cannot be proved. This Atheist is often a strict materialist and rejects notions such as an immaterial soul, life after death, etc. This Atheist will beleive only in that which can be physically and scientifically verified, and as such rejects the notion of God since in his mind, God cannot be physically or scientifically verified.

3. The Fvck- All Atheist - This Atheist simply doesn't give a Poo, anyhow.

Now if you are an atheist, which would you say you are? I want to understand you.
Re: What Is A God? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2010
Deep Sight:

@ Martian -

Are you an atheist?

In answering this, please note the following -

1. The Anti-religionist Atheist. This Atheist is entirely focused on the absurdity of the Religious Theist's Ontology of God. He finds the construct of God as delivered through Religion to be ludicruous and as such rejects them in its entirety. He does not pause to think about God outside the precept of religion.

2. The Pure Atheist - This Atheist is entirely set against the idea of God. The objection of this Atheist is not so much the internally inconsistent ontology of the Religious Ideas of God, but more the fact that a non-material God cannot be proved. This Atheist is often a strict materialist and rejects notions such as an immaterial soul, life after death, etc. This Atheist will beleive only in that which can be physically and scientifically verified, and as such rejects the notion of God since in his mind, God cannot be physically or scientifically verified.

3. The Fvck- All Atheist - This Atheist simply doesn't give a Poo, anyhow.

Now if you are an atheist, which would you say you are? I want to understand you.

Pure atheist with strong anti religion leanings. I hate to see mass delusion knowing that the person controlling these people PROBABLY knows he's full of $hit. There's is no honor or integrity in that.
But I've come to realize some people need that delusion. grin
Concerning the other discussion about hawking, I don't think he's right about gravity causing the big bang, just agreed with him about the god part. Sorry if I didn't explain myself.
Re: What Is A God? by NegroNtns(m): 7:39pm On Sep 22, 2010
what questions? I gave you the liberty to pick whichever dynasty suits you and apply the test of amplifying their cultural history independent of the Biblical accounts that you claim were falshoods written by Jews and you did not.

In a crowd of atheists, yeah maybe you can pull a smokescreen. . . . . you wouldn't succeed with that nonsense in an exchange of knowledge with people who know the Bible from cover to cover, in both its literal and mystical messages.

May GOD enlighten everyone of us.
Re: What Is A God? by PastorAIO: 2:54am On Dec 05, 2012
Bump!

Deep Sight:

Well let me provide my perspective. I thought about this for a moment. You have not said - "what is God?" - but - "What is a God?" Nonetheless for the sake of completeness let me give my perspective on both.

From the perspective of mankind, I would very carefully like to say that God would be that mind which is beyond our reality and beyond our mind and is as such considered the ultimate mind responsible for all things.

"A god" on the other hand would be that mind, real or imagined, which we perceive as beyond our reality and our minds, but which is not considered to be the ultimate mind responsible for all things.

[size=16pt]Is God a god?[/size]

According to Deepsight's definition the answer is no!
Re: What Is A God? by plaetton: 6:22am On Dec 05, 2012
Pastor AIO: Bump!

[size=16pt]Is God a god?[/size]

According to Deepsight's definition the answer is no!

If , according to Deepsight,God is that mind which is BEYOND our reality and BEYOND our mind, then how could God possibly exist in such a reality? If God is beyond our reality, then god does not exist in our reality. Something that is beyond our reality and our mind cannot even be concieved, let alone existing in our reality.
That leaves God as nothing but a figment of our limited imaginations.

1 Like

Re: What Is A God? by Kay17: 7:31am On Dec 05, 2012
OR rather the Judeo-Christian narrow view of a god
Re: What Is A God? by UyiIredia(m): 10:40am On Dec 05, 2012
A being responsible for the creation of the universe.
Re: What Is A God? by plaetton: 2:21pm On Dec 05, 2012
Uyi Iredia: A being responsible for the creation of the universe.

You forgot to put the word"Imaginary" in there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Mitchell Obama Really A Man? / Islam's Perspective On Anal, MouthAction, Sex Positions Etc / Why Was Jonah Angry When Ninevah Repented?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.