Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,704 members, 7,802,095 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

How Do I Remove Bios Password On My Dell 600 Laptop? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Remove Bios Password On My Dell 600 Laptop? (2239 Views)

How To Bypass Password On Laptop / How Do I Remove This Virus "ahsan Mana Khan Bhutta" From My System? / How Do I Remove A Windows Multiple Boot Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Remove Bios Password On My Dell 600 Laptop? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 16, 2010
a user brought it to me for repairs, it requests passowrd to access the setup and she says she has forgotten it. I tried removing the cmos battry but it didn't work.

i know of some chips under the processor but I don't know which one it might be
Re: How Do I Remove Bios Password On My Dell 600 Laptop? by doughng: 7:01pm On Sep 16, 2010
Someone wrote a program that will calculate the master BIOS password for Dell Latitudes from the Service Tag number. That program is available at http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~skynet/zips/latitude.exe
Hope you'll find it useful
Re: How Do I Remove Bios Password On My Dell 600 Laptop? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 16, 2010
thanks for the response but the link is not working
Re: How Do I Remove Bios Password On My Dell 600 Laptop? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 16, 2010
netsurf:

a user brought it to me for repairs, it requests passowrd to access the setup and she says she has forgotten it. I tried removing the cmos battry but it didn't work.

i know of some chips under the processor but I don't know which one it might be

how do we prove you are telling the truth , if she brought it to you as a system engineer you should know what to do, sad

[size=3pt]dont wanna be an alibi to fraud[/size] lipsrsealed
Re: How Do I Remove Bios Password On My Dell 600 Laptop? by thweraja10: 8:30am On Sep 17, 2010
Remove the cmos battery
The BIOS password is stored in CMOS memory that is maintained while the PC is powered off by a small battery, which is attached to the Glossary Link motherboard. If you remove this battery, all CMOS information (including the BIOS password) will be lost. You will need to re-enter the correct CMOS setup information to use the machine. The machines owner or user will most likely be alarmed when it is discovered that the BIOS password has been deleted.

TI Benchmarq bq3285ECSS Real Time Clock. This IC stores BIOS setup information, including the BIOS password.

On some motherboards, the battery is soldered to the motherboard, making it difficult to remove. If this is the case, you have another alternative. Somewhere on the motherboard you should find a jumper that will clear the BIOS password. If you have the motherboard documentation, you will know where that jumper is. If not, the jumper may be labeled on the motherboard. If you are not fortunate enough for either of these to be the case, you may be able to guess which jumper is the correct jumper. This jumper is usually standing alone near the battery. If you cannot locate this jumper, you might short both of the points where the battery connects to the motherboard.
Re: How Do I Remove Bios Password On My Dell 600 Laptop? by miksonics(m): 5:08am On Oct 31, 2010
what the service tag written on the wpod post i'll remove the password
Re: How Do I Remove Bios Password On My Dell 600 Laptop? by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 03, 2011
thanks @ all responders, I now have enough knowledge concerning bios passwords and i have succesfully remove over 16 bios cases from different laptop models.

(1) (Reply)

Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon / SOLD. Grade 1 USA Used HP Spectre Tx For Sale. / Neat UK Used Toshiba Z30t - 8GB RAM, SSD, Core i5, 6th Gen, Touchscreen, Slim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.