Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,578 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

I Need Some Help - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / I Need Some Help (1684 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Some Help by Navi613: 10:11pm On Sep 17, 2010
Re: I Need Some Help by Lagosboy: 11:15pm On Sep 17, 2010
Salam alaykum brother,

Firstly i would like us not to sectionalize ourselves. Ahlu sunnah wa jammah is a general word that connotes a sunni muslim as opposed to a shia muslim. Ahlu sunnah includes our sufi brothers as well. We should also not fall into the pit of casting blanket negative opinion about sufis as majority of the scholars of old were people you would call sufi - imam Suyuti, imam nawawi, imam ghazalli RA etc. However there are also extreme suffis whose practices we would find unacceptable to the doctrines of islam. There are also extreme salafis whose practices we would equate to khawarij. In Nigeria i belive there are many good sufis on the sunnah and there are other muslims who might call themselves salafis on the sunnah as well. The most important thing is we are muslims and we follow the Qur'an and the sunnah of the beloved prophet PBUH.

Now to your question , I am not well knowledgeable to answer your question as regards the kaffara. However from my lil understanding of islam any such thing said in terrible anger and not the right state of mind is not counted as you said it. Example is pronouncing talaq in a terrible state of anger and not really meaning it is not considered talaq especially if the husband quickly retracts it when he hisin his proper state of mind. The prophet said in a hadith "Talaq is not valid in case of ighlaq" ighlaq means a state of terrible anger.

However having said this the prophet also said there are three things when said jokingly is not a joke but means it- Talaq, Marriage and freeing of a slave. So we need to appreciate the seriousness of issues regarding marriage and divorce.

And God knows best.
Re: I Need Some Help by Navi613: 9:13am On Sep 19, 2010
^thank u bro
Re: I Need Some Help by deols(f): 5:26pm On Sep 24, 2010
@ Navi613, where's ur question

(1) (Reply)

Help!:jinn Attack On Me { Female} / Why Are Muslims Scared Of Scientific Breakthrough? / Wonder Child Born With A Miracletasabih Muslim Rosary In Bida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.