Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,427 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? (41270 Views)

How Much Will It Cost Me To Build 3 Bed Room Flat? / Can 3million Naira Build A 2bedroom Storey Building In Ikorodu / Various 2&3 Bed Room Flat To Let For 1year Option In Ago Okota (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by geoger: 2:01pm On Sep 18, 2010
I want to know if 1.3million naira build a 3 bed room flat in my village, in Imo state .
Am not buying any land and can two plot of land be enough for it? and still have some space.
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by segcymoor(m): 2:25pm On Sep 18, 2010
As regards d space, even a plot will do with space left but I am afraid 1.3m may not do. Althoudh it all depend on d finishing but atleast 2m may be manage with absestor roofing and with average finishing of village level. for more info call 07042144750, 08023807960 or arc1mooredesign@yahoo.com
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by labiyemmy(m): 2:45pm On Sep 18, 2010
Bros - 1.3? Are you using mud bricks or something?

2 Likes

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by tkb417(m): 11:58am On Sep 20, 2010
1.3 for rent or for building?

1 Like

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 20, 2010
geoger:

I want to know if 1.3million naira build a 3 bed room flat in my village, in Imo state .
Am not buying any land and can two plot of land be enough for it? and still have some space.

Nope, dont think so!
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by kemisuga(f): 12:26pm On Sep 20, 2010
Sorry that amount will not complete a 3 bed room flat. But you can start up the building and wen God provides you can finish up.

3 Likes

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by oludashmi(f): 12:29pm On Sep 20, 2010
No, that amount cant build a 3 bedroom flat anywhere in Nig but as for the size of the land, your rooms, kitchen, bathrooms, toilet, pantry, dining and siting room can all sit on 1/2 a plot. you can budget N2.5m to N3m if you are not buying a land. But start with what you have and you will complete it later

2 Likes

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by kolaoloye(m): 12:35pm On Sep 20, 2010
@OP
Your 1.3m can go a long way in the builders work provided you have a good topography
or else the whole money will just finish within the foundation.
Start something with what you have and don't manage anything while handling the sub-structure.
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Africanson: 12:39pm On Sep 20, 2010
Nawah oo!!. So things have goten so expensive in this country that that amount can finish a 3 bedroom flat?. Maybe I should increase my price today.

www.080advertising.com
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by oisehumen(m): 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2010
It can, depending on your taste and the kind of 3 bed room flat u have in mind.
Is it a 3 bed room flat with toilets and bathrooms attached to all the rooms?
Do u intend to use tiles or just neat flooring for the bathroom and kitchen?

As for the size of land u need; less than half a pot of land will do the job.
But with 2 plots that u have; i suggest u employ a very good architect to give u a very good design to make this flat u want to build a form of BQ. That is; build it at the extreme end of the land, leaving enough space to accommodate at least 2 more buildings later.

I have a 4 bedroom flat in my village(town really) in Edo and the money i spent was just slightly above that amount initially, but i was able to move it. I upgraded the finishings when i had more money.

So, plan well and seek the advice of experts before u commerce.
Good luck!

7 Likes

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Ranoscky(m): 12:52pm On Sep 20, 2010
^
I agree with u!
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by JUNE12(m): 12:57pm On Sep 20, 2010
a 3br flat will take approx 100m2 ie about 1/5 of a plot.
1.3m can not complete the house. With good cost control and cheap labour, you can do a good job with 2x that amount.
Pls start and roof ,then complete
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by beknown(m): 1:01pm On Sep 20, 2010
@Poster,

It is not impossible.

Read the following article for more inspiration:

http://www.castlesweekly.com/ShowArticle.aspx?ID=857
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by ud4u: 1:10pm On Sep 20, 2010
It all depends on the land you want to build. If the land is not swampy then that amount will be okey provided you do not want world class building.

1 Like

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by koolguy88(m): 1:18pm On Sep 20, 2010
draw down your bills of quantity, start your building plans. use direct labour approach. the money may not be enough but it'll take you close to completion. congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by kobikwelu(m): 1:18pm On Sep 20, 2010
IT REALLY depends on your taste

the size of the rooms
type of apartment (all rooms self contained)
finishing (is ur cost exclusive of furniture or only the building cost)
the location of the building (which state :cost of labour, cost of materials)

it its really important u put a structure with that amount, 1.3 m  is enof

excluding cost of furniture

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by chamber2(m): 1:20pm On Sep 20, 2010
Sorry that amount will not complete a 3 bed room flat. But you can start up the building and wen God provides you can finish up.

pls dont start until u v made adequate financial plans so that u dont just go and bury ur hard earned money on d ground.If u r not ready 4 d project now y not invest d money in sometin else and when d proceeds 4rm d investment builds up u can then start ur house project.Remember this houz is in d villa so y d rush?
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by MRMoneyE(m): 1:26pm On Sep 20, 2010
AT the poster 1.3million can not take you to anywhere, I have spent  2.5million on my 3bed rooms, all ensuite with two sitting rooms  am building in Ikorodu lagos,
despite using asbestor and Adex roofing sheet, even the roofing alone will cost you upto 650 to 700k, for wood and Adex asbestors, then Aluminium window, buglary
and other finishing stuff may be around 650k too, despite I never bought my land from the 2.5million I have spent, but now am doing the finishing aspect of it,  so dont expect 1.3million to finish it for you, even if you use mud bricks am still not sure it will complete it.   

1 Like

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by kobikwelu(m): 1:28pm On Sep 20, 2010
pls dont start until u v made adequate financial plans so that u dont just go and bury your hard earned money on d ground.If u r not ready 4 d project now y not invest d money in sometin else and when d proceeds 4rm d investment builds up u can then start your house project.Remember this houz is in d villa so y d rush?

^^^^^
the poster asked for ur input as to whether the said amount is enof to build a 3 bedroom

instead u are advising him on investment??

him no know before him come ask

nigerians sef
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by btlasisi(m): 1:32pm On Sep 20, 2010
@Poster,

Talk to professional and employ the service of a quantity surveyor to do material costing of your building drawing for you as this will give you a clearer costing of your project in your village.

My advice is for you not to be discouraged, just start it whether it 1.3 will complete it or not.

1 Like

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Ikwikwikwi(m): 1:40pm On Sep 20, 2010
The answer to your question is YES, the said amount of money can build a 3 bedroom flat. But is has to be fully wooded house and mud complete with raffia roof. These items are easily available in your home state of Imo. The idea is to have a fully tropical home entirely made from natural resources (a green house sort of) and you could be rewarded with a national honor. Again, you will have some change in your pocket.

2 Likes

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by chamber2(m): 1:55pm On Sep 20, 2010
@kobikwelu
I only reacted to what some1 else comment. shocked shocked shocked shocked

meanwhile rather than start up a building with such an amount(which i think is too small) he would rather wait and gather alittle more more b4 starting up d project.While doing dat,his money wouldnt just lie idle in his bank acct,he should invest it.
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by SHEAU(m): 2:01pm On Sep 20, 2010
depends on cost of building materials. for affordable and qualty building materials contact Toravent on 08037551676
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by hackney(m): 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2010
Mind you , poster's asking about a 3 bedroom flat up to roofing and windows and not furnishing. . . .

@geoger : if you use local manual labour and source your sand locally it will go quite far in imo state.
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Goldenmeda(m): 2:16pm On Sep 20, 2010
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nono no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

1 Like

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by dustydee: 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2010
Yes! Mud bricks, thatch roof and all rooms ensuit with pit latrine. grin, seriously 1.3 is inadequate for a decent 3 bedroom flat.

1 Like

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by dominique(f): 2:57pm On Sep 20, 2010
^^^ lol. . . even mud blocks don't come free grin

@poster
1.3 can get you as far lintel level. but roofing, finishing, painting (optional), electrical, plumbing etc will cost you much more than 1.3 million. try and save up to at least 3 million, that can go far.
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 20, 2010
The key thing in house building, as I ahve come to find out, is determination. Just start with whatever you have and you will see how far you will go.
1.3m can obviously not complete a 3-bedroom flat, even in the remotest, crudest village but it will reach a stage which will motivate you to sacrifice all your best, including starving yourself or foregoing many unnecessary expenses, if need be.

I'm currently regretting hesitating for so long before starting my own(in my Kwara village, of course). I foot-dragged for a couple of years, fearing starting, asked all sorts of questions like you, even on NL here, but today, after a couple of months of finally kicking off, I am doing a 3 bedroom flat plus 2 one-bedroom twin flat.

I started a couple of months ago and I have spent about 1.3m, exclusive of land.

The supervisor started from the 2 one-bedroom twin flats and it's now up to lintel stage, the floor already filled, just to tile, plaster and roof.
We have decided to face the main building now. I estimate 3m to complete all. Mine, over all, is 5 rooms. Main building (3 bedrooms, 1 sitting room+ dining, 4 toilets, 1 kitchen ) and BQ(2 bedrooms, 2 kitchens, 2 sitting rooms, 2 toilets).

Now juxtaposing to your own, the cost of doing my 2 twin one-bedroom flat up to that stage in picture is about 1m. Same cost can do your 3 bedroom up to that stage.
The joy of having it gone taht far will motivate you to do all your best to wrap it up.

Attached are the pics I took when I was at home for the sallah a couple of weeks ago. A little further development has occurred.

4 Likes

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by sayso: 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2010
sorry peeps a friend completed his with 1.8million in his village,you guys should remember that he said his village,expect labour/blocks too to be very cheap

2 Likes

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 20, 2010
View of the 2 twin one-bedroom flats BQ up to lintel level, floored.

1 Like

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2010
Main building, starting. At the background is the BQ.

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 20, 2010
In summary, in the village, 1.3m can go very far, but will surely not finish. 2m may.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) / JOEPOOL Wave Ltd (swimming Pool Construction Company) / Landlord Throws Graduate-Tenant Properties Outside In Uyo During Heavy Rain-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.