Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text (18692 Views)

President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text / Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities / Atiku Presidential Intent Declaration Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by damola1: 5:33pm On Sep 20, 2010
We live in Good times, and this is one of the best govt. Nigeria will ever have?

why?

Because there's more and more access to information of this government, and where there's more info passing around, there's the better chance of productivity, it's when everything is hidden, that we are bound to have issues, I think the more this guy spits, the more we can understand him, and see as to why things are the way they are, or the way they'll become.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by naso2(m): 5:40pm On Sep 20, 2010
cap28:

LIES, LIES AND MORE LIES.

Why doesnt he start with opening the corruption case on his wife, or how about explaining why he allocated N1 billion naira budget to celebrate nigeria's upcoming "independence" celebrations.  

This is money that could have been used to pay salaries of civil servants who have not been paid for ages.

You guys think OBJ was bad, if this man (and i sincerley doubt that he will win) gets in, you guys will be crying for OBJ to return to office.

The irony of this your post is that until lately you have always come accross as one intelligent being that backs his claims with facts. This patience's story is a mere fabrication and you have sustained  this expired line for too long. wake up man.

Everyone has his preffered candidate but atleast  let it be premised on tangibles .  Ribadu has already cleared the air on this issue and why you have refused to see surprises me.

please go to the thread below with you patience anti corruption talk:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-515027.0.html
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by Parnassuss(m): 5:43pm On Sep 20, 2010
Speeches, smeeches. Warreva men, if PDP wins this election, I'm off to Chad on an Okada with my Ghana-must-go.  angry angry
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by Dreamchaser1(f): 5:47pm On Sep 20, 2010
abeg who says jonathan cannot be compared to obama? make i hear word jorey, jonathan's speech made me cry harder than obama's ever did, the man is pure genius and what we need in nigeria today with respect to leadership are people with intellectual minds. from his speech on facebook to the one at eagles square i was in awe to his deep intellect, without tring to run down anybody jonathan is the best presidential candidate we have ever had in nigeria and he is going to WIN.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by mbulela: 5:50pm On Sep 20, 2010
Beaf:

Just beautiful!
Delivered without any reference to notes or a teleprompter. We have a very intelligent man at Aso Rock.

Dude, you are beginning to tell lies and this is upsetting.
Can you explain why this speech was available on his Facebook page long before he even got half way through the speech.
even if the he used no references, notes or teleprompter (which have been alluded to not being the case), is cramming this speech, the measure of intelligence?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by Yorisb: 6:02pm On Sep 20, 2010
Parnassuss:

Speeches, smeeches. Warreva men, if PDP wins this election, I'm off to Chad on an Okada with my Ghana-must-go.  angry angry

If I were u I'd consider leaving now as there maybe a prerequisite for visa b4 entering chad then. lol
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by kolayusuf: 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2010
The most colourless and uninspiring speech I have ever had to listen to. I where people like Beaf manufacture their enthusiasm from, and yes - [size=16pt]there was a teleprompter.[/size]
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by Beaf: 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2010
kola_yusuf:

The most colourless and uninspiring speech I have ever had to listen to. I where people like Beaf manufacture their enthusiasm from, and yes - [size=16pt]there was a teleprompter.[/size]

All these Saraki people sef! embarassed
They want to decieve the unaware that they are regular posters. But we already sabi una wella.

Dude, tell us about Saraki and the 2.8billa from Societe Generale. Did he mention it in his "inspiring" declaration speech? grin grin grin

Saraki for president of Kwara! [size=14pt]Goodluck Nigeria![/size]
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by naso2(m): 6:36pm On Sep 20, 2010
kola_yusuf:

Tell oloye say him never reach for him pikin to be in charge of oyel money. All dis afonja worriors and their emergency interest in nairaland.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by Beaf: 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2010
simplychic:

@mystical,i feel you ''talk is cheap''
@Beaf i noticed you don't always talk crap again,cos your brother is now in power,and you think he his intelligent.
This is the first time i''l hear you pass a positive comment, ''he is inteligent'' indeed.

Dis babe, you no de forget sontin sef? shocked

Quarrels are not forever. wink

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by Kay17: 7:15pm On Sep 20, 2010
The shortest route to happiness is forgetfulness. That Jonsthan G is just like every bloody politican, set to deceive, fool and rip off ppl. The best things politicans can do is to talk!
I discovered that by insisting that the right things be done, we could begin a turnaround in our power sector by involving the private sector in power generation and distribution. As you can see from the lower quantities of diesel that you are buying today, power generation has significantly improved.
All the time he has being at the throne, he didn't realize that the problem, not to speak of soultion. I can't vote for this tribalist monkey never! rather the Devil or IBB.
Corruption? Who has not promised to fight corruption? Even the dead have done so!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by jarkyy: 7:22pm On Sep 20, 2010
You guys should remeber in d past dat obasanjo is still in power if GEJ IS Elected at end of the day,cos what GEJ is expressing now is just to enabling him to get d highest votes ,let me tell u fellow Nigerias,this man will let us down cos his God father(Obj) is still in government and to tell u the fact hís great party (pDp) will not enabling good transparency and accountability in government.pls,fellow nigerians let focus on our youth today like mallam Nuhu Ribadu and his party will fight corruptiön and promote transparency and accountability, In conclusion my fellow youths today,let enable good governance good people good democracy and great nation to take place.tanks
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by Beaf: 7:24pm On Sep 20, 2010
Kay 17:

The shortest route to happiness is forgetfulness. That Jonsthan G is just like every bloody politican, set to deceive, fool and rip off ppl. The best things politicans can do is to talk!All the time he has being at the throne, he didn't realize that the problem, not to speak of soultion. I can't vote for this [size=14pt]tribalist monkey[/size] never! rather the Devil or IBB.
Corruption? Who has not promised to fight corruption? Even the dead have done so!

Would you be referring to your President in such terms, just because IBB is getting a much deserved political wipe out?
You might want the devil or IBB, but Nigerians want a saint or Jonathan.
The desperate behaviour of IBB people is shocking, reprehensible and to be condemned.

[size=33pt]Goodluck Nigeria![/size]
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by wealth2al(m): 7:25pm On Sep 20, 2010
no matter what, JONATHAN IS STILL THE BEST we have now. not IBB or Atiku
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by Beaf: 7:31pm On Sep 20, 2010
jarkyy:

You guys should remeber in d past dat obasanjo is still in power if GEJ IS Elected at end of the day,cos what GEJ is expressing now is just to enabling him to get d highest votes ,let me tell u fellow Nigerias,this man will let us down cos his God father(Obj) is still in government and to tell u the fact hís great party (pDp) will not enabling good transparency and accountability in government.pls,fellow nigerians let focus on our youth today like mallam Nuhu Ribadu and his party will fight corruptiön and promote transparency and accountability, In conclusion my fellow youths today,let enable good governance good people good democracy and great nation to take place.tanks

Where, when and through what medium did you hear that Obj is still in govt? This has got to be the most ridiculously ignorant statement anyone has uttered in a long, long while!

You say, "lets focus on our youth today like mallam Nuhu Ribadu." If youth is a reason for you to make a choice, do you really know enough about the political scene? Ribadu is 51 and Jonathan is 53. So, "lets focus on our youth today like mallam Goodluck Jonathan."
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by adaphik(f): 8:01pm On Sep 20, 2010
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by tlops(m): 8:06pm On Sep 20, 2010
Na im write am abi he hired someone to conjure words for him, No offence pls I didnt watch the declaration, so I dont know if it was read out or it came from his mind, a result of deep consideration and his moral fibre.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by phraze(m): 8:10pm On Sep 20, 2010
i got to say i am happy about the recent improvement in our country, Sir Goodluck Jonathan is our preffered LEADER, even IF him MESS-UP, Abeg him speech Make 3much Sense, I know our 2 BE PRESIDENT can't mess-up, HE CAN'T, So MEFF!!! ALL YOU HATERS.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by Kay17: 8:35pm On Sep 20, 2010
For the lack of better candidates,
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by truly: 9:50pm On Sep 20, 2010
Let us not judge by hardship and talk

Robert Mugabe
Mugabe was a political prisoner in Rhodesia for more than 10 years between 1964 to 1974. Upon release with Edgar Tekere, Mugabe left Rhodesia in 1975 to re-join the Zimbabwe Liberation Struggle (Rhodesian Bush War) from bases in Mozambique.
At the end of the war in 1979, Mugabe emerged as a hero in the minds of many Africans. He won the general elections of 1980

Jomo Kenyatta
An orphan, Kenyatta paid his school fees by working as a houseboy and cook for a white settler.

Kenyatta was sentenced in 1953 to seven years imprisonment with hard labor and indefinite restriction. The subsequent appeal was refused by the British Privy Council in 1954. Kenyatta remained in prison until 1959, after which he was detained in Lodwar, a remote part of Kenya.

He ruled Kenya from 1964 until his death in 1978
He harrassed his opponents, detained them, and was suspected of arranging the muder of some promient ones. turned kenya into a one-party state.

Kenneth Kaunda

He was also part of Zambia's independence struggle and was jailed twice
He became prime minister in 1964 and ruled till 1991. He turned the country into a one-party state and harrased his opponents. He declared a state of emergency in a part of Zambia in 1964 and same was not repealed until he left office in 1991
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by truly: 10:08pm On Sep 20, 2010
Dream chaser:

abeg who says jonathan cannot be compared to obama? make i hear word jorey, jonathan's speech made me cry harder than obama's ever did, the man is pure genius and what we need in nigeria today with respect to leadership are people with intellectual minds. from his speech on facebook to the one at eagles square i was in awe to his deep intellect, without tring to run down anybody jonathan is the best presidential candidate we have ever had in nigeria and he is going to WIN.[color=#006600][/color]
Genius = a person having an extraordinarily high intelligence rating on a psychological test, as an iq above 140
= an exceptional natural capacity of intellect, especially as shown in creative and original work
I don't recall his achievements as a lecturer (where performance, contributions can be easily seen) that justifies this genius attribution

In awe of deep intellect? - because of a prepared speech
Okay have this - this is Dr Johnthan explaining why he could not declare his intention sometime ago

"Immediately I declare now that I am contesting, it becomes a signal to all the governors and those who are in position to contest would also start to declare. Immediately all these begin, government functions will suffer

"If I say I am not, the story will be different. Some people would begin to feel one kind "

Best presidential candidate? - you have not seen so many
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by eros(m): 11:06pm On Sep 20, 2010
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

INDIFFERENT
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by donkinpee(m): 11:11pm On Sep 20, 2010
Dream chaser:

No mind them na enemies of progress. Since GEJ dey 4 seat nigeria don become gud enough 2 b a country of gud reputation. Anyone who no lyk better thing no go get better thing. So my fellow nigerians mind how u talk against gud thing so dat gud thing no go leave u.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by mbulela: 11:19pm On Sep 20, 2010
truly:

Let us not judge by hardship and talk

Robert Mugabe
Mugabe was a political prisoner in Rhodesia for more than 10 years between 1964 to 1974. Upon release with Edgar Tekere, Mugabe left Rhodesia in 1975 to re-join the Zimbabwe Liberation Struggle (Rhodesian Bush War) from bases in Mozambique.
At the end of the war in 1979, Mugabe emerged as a hero in the minds of many Africans. He won the general elections of 1980

Jomo Kenyatta
An orphan, Kenyatta paid his school fees by working as a houseboy and cook for a white settler.

Kenyatta was sentenced in 1953 to seven years imprisonment with hard labor and indefinite restriction. The subsequent appeal was refused by the British Privy Council in 1954. Kenyatta remained in prison until 1959, after which he was detained in Lodwar, a remote part of Kenya.

He ruled Kenya from 1964  until his death in 1978
He harrassed his opponents, detained them, and was suspected of arranging the muder of  some promient ones. turned kenya into a one-party state.

Kenneth Kaunda

He was also part of Zambia's independence struggle and was jailed twice
He became prime minister in 1964 and ruled till 1991. He turned the country into a one-party state and harrased his opponents. He declared a state of emergency in a part of Zambia in 1964  and same was not  repealed until he left office in 1991

What bloody hardship is GEJ even talking about?
walked to school.
No (or one pair of) shoes.
was not driven in a car to school.
grow some balls and stop this silly blackmail.
after all OBJ went to jail and only got worse when he came out.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by cap28: 12:19am On Sep 21, 2010
na_so:

The irony of this your post is that until lately you have always come accross as one intelligent being that backs his claims with facts. This patience's story is a mere fabrication and you have sustained  this expired line for too long. wake up man.

Everyone has his preffered candidate but atleast  let it be premised on tangibles .  Ribadu has already cleared the air on this issue and why you have refused to see surprises me.

please go to the thread below with you patience anti corruption talk:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-515027.0.html

You have obviously been caught up in the euphoria of worshipping at the alter of Jonathan but very soon like a drunken man recovering from a 24 hour binge the morning after, you will discover that you did and said a few things you wished that you hadnt the night before.  HOw many times are these people going to keep on bamboozling you?

Don't you think it rather strange that Jonathan did not take legal action against the EFCC for allegedly smearing his name with the allegation that his wife was involved in laundering huge sums of money from the state coffers.  Why would Jonathan tolerate such an act of character assassination against his supposed unblemished record without seeking to punish ribadu and the EFCC? 

I just don't understand how adults can reason like this, Ribadu did  a deal with Jonathan and the deal was:  I will drop the charges against your wife and even go as far as denying that these allegations were even true in the first place - come on bro  - this is nigeria we are talking about, these things go on in the west, talk less of nigeria where anything is possible.  Ribadu was probably paid off by Jonathan and allowed to come back to nigeria to restart his political career. You guys are about to be taken for a very big ride.

Jonathan is where he is today because he was selected by the powers that be  - he did not earn it, neither is he the people's choice.  he is just another opportunist.

Your beloved Jonathan can not go to the toilet without okaying it with the US govt first, he takes his instructions from Shell BP , Chevron, Exxon Mobil and finally his cabinet - in that order - he is a powerless puppet.  I actually had more respect for Yaradua because he actually made unilateral decisions which did not favour the west's economic agenda hence his early demise from the political scene.  In time we shall all find out why Yaradua really did die and why, as I said to Beaf the problem with us is blind sycophancy - that is what is killing us, and until we learn to think in a critical manner we will continue recycling these worthless bandits.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by Nobody: 12:45am On Sep 21, 2010
Sons of black are really intelligent especially in constructing great, emotional and wonderful speeches, but few of them can really execute their aims and objective without them not been manipulated by peer group

Mr. President history is playing you right now, play a good game so your name will be remember for good
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by truly: 6:57am On Sep 21, 2010
donkinpee:

No mind them na enemies of progress. Since GEJ dey 4 seat nigeria don become gud enough 2 b a country of gud reputation. Anyone who no lyk better thing no go get better thing. So my fellow nigerians mind how u talk against gud thing so dat gud thing no go leave u.
There is no objective person who can deny that Obama is sincerely doing a good job
The man is growing white hairs
Yet his critics are using the most hideous comparisons to paint sinister images of his intentions
And he may not get a second term

Has anybody asked the tea party guys to go and die, drink acid etc?
GEJ has not really been subject to really harsh criticisms
Yet his supporters are lying - telling us he did not use a teleprompter, that nothing is wrong with that website www.nigeria.gov.ng
And people are telling me that he derserves my vote

What standard are they trying to set for this country

Ordinarily, I would not have mentioned this Obama angle
But GEJ supporters introduced that dimension

Just like Obj's supporters started calling the man (Obj) president of Africa when he became AU chairman
but we resented it when Gaddaffi as AU chairman started calling himself president of Africa
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by truly: 7:25am On Sep 21, 2010
cap28:

You have obviously been caught up in the euphoria of worshipping at the alter of Jonathan but very soon like a drunken man recovering from a 24 hour binge the morning after, you will discover that you did and said a few things you wished that you hadnt the night before.  HOw many times are these people going to keep on bamboozling you?

Don't you think it rather strange that Jonathan did not take legal action against the EFCC for allegedly smearing his name with the allegation that his wife was involved in laundering huge sums of money from the state coffers.  Why would Jonathan tolerate such an act of character assassination against his supposed unblemished record without seeking to punish ribadu and the EFCC? 

I just don't understand how adults can reason like this, Ribadu did  a deal with Jonathan and the deal was:  I will drop the charges against your wife and even go as far as denying that these allegations were even true in the first place - come on bro  - this is nigeria we are talking about, these things go on in the west, talk less of nigeria where anything is possible.  Ribadu was probably paid off by Jonathan and allowed to come back to nigeria to restart his political career. You guys are about to be taken for a very big ride.

Jonathan is where he is today because he was selected by the powers that be  - he did not earn it, neither is he the people's choice.  he is just another opportunist.

Your beloved Jonathan can not go to the toilet without okaying it with the US govt firs[/b]t, he takes his instructions from Shell BP , Chevron, Exxon Mobil and finally his cabinet - in that order - he is a powerless puppet.  [b]I actually had more respect for Yaradua because he actually made unilateral decisions which did not favour the west's economic agenda hence his early demise from the political scene.  In time we shall all find out why Yaradua really did die and why, as I said to Beaf the problem with us is blind sycophancy - that is what is killing us, and until we learn to think in a critical manner we will continue recycling these worthless bandits.
On Patience - the case was actually charged to court
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5565603-146/patience_we_are_watching.csp
http://aderinola./2007/10/28/patience-jonathan-nigerias-most-powerful-woman/

On US and Co
I actually believe we are more of a colony of the west, the US in particular, now
GEJ told CNN that Iwu was not the problem with our electoral system and that he had conducted 2 elections with Iwu
Robbie Carson promptly said that Iwu remains a liability to credible elections
GEJ scaked Iwu

Look at the story of the full body scanner
Ghana is still CONSIDERING having full body scanners at its airports
Ghana - 24 million people, GDP of less than $20b, where Farouk AbdulMuttallab spent 1 - 2 weeks before making his trip
(Nigerian figures are 150m and $200m respectively and Farouk spent only a few hours in Nigeria)
Now we have 3D full body scanners and as expected it is being used for x-rated shows at our airport
http://www.thisdayonline.info/nview.php?id=183334
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by estatemark(m): 9:30am On Sep 21, 2010
A very nice one, I believe in the future of this great nation
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by cap28: 10:35am On Sep 21, 2010
truly:

On Patience - the case was actually charged to court
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5565603-146/patience_we_are_watching.csp
http://aderinola./2007/10/28/patience-jonathan-nigerias-most-powerful-woman/

but did anything come out of the court case? and when the case supposedly collapsed due to "insufficient evidence" how come Jonathan and his wife didnt seek to clear their names of such spurious and supposely malicious allegations by suing the EFCC? - these people think we all reason like Beaf and co.

I honestly beleive that crucial witnesses have either been intimidated, threatened or paid off.

Your article states the following:

Nigerians will remember how in August 2006, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) agents seized N104 million from one Nancy Ebere Nwosu, said to be an associate of Mrs. Jonathan. On 22 August, 2006, Justice Anwuli Chikere, of the Federal High Court, gave the commission legal backing to retain the money pending the conclusion of investigation.

On 11 September of the same year, a whopping $13.5 million was seized from Patience Jonathan herself by the agency. The investigation into these two cases are still outstanding as at this moment. Furthermore, the Council on Foreign Relations, in a report on the April 2007 elections in Bayelsa State, said that Patience Jonathan was regarded as the “greediest person in Bayelsa State.”

It is up to the First Lady to prove them wrong. She is not a member of this government, but a wife to the head of government, and so must learn to maintain the dignity that goes with her new office.

By the way the Council on Foreign Relations is a powerful american organisation that is made up of some of the wealthiest political and business figures in america, these people actually control the american govt, they also exert a great deal of control over client states ie countries who implement economic policies which are favourable to their business interests - nigeria is one of such countries, If they said that  Patience Jonathan was  one of the greediest persons in Bayelsa at the time, I would be inclined to beleive them.
Why would they make such a statement if they did not have aanything to back it up with?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by lekanbar(m): 10:51am On Sep 21, 2010
We've had enough of these speeches, More action and less talk abeg, Just sayin grin

http://lekanbaruwa./
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text by globatop: 10:56am On Sep 21, 2010
Amid all people that have govern Nigeria, OBJ is still the best, irrespective of his atrocities, no candidate will emerge a president even governor without godfather, lets give Jonathan a chance, after all, it is wise to always settle for a smaller evil. The antecedents of all other aspirants seem scaring and I believe a leopard will never change its paws.

The article on this link will make an interesting reading, never mind its length.
http://www.modernghana.com/news/296479/1/general-ibrahim-badamosi-babangida-the-evil-candid.html
http://www.modernghana.com/news/296732/50/is-the-north-incapable-of-giving-us-quality-leader.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki's Trial At The Code Of Conduct Tribunal Continues... (Live Update) / Abdullahi Abubakar And Khadija Harazimi Wed (Photos) / CBN: Emefiele Ruled Out For Second Term, Failed To Get Buhari’s Endorsement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.