Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! (6301 Views)

Achebe And Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 To Beg IBB To Spare Vatsa / I Built Aso Rock, Who Is The Landlord You Pay Rent To?-IBB To Buhari / 10 Things I Observed About Amendment Of Rule 9'biafra' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by amingafar(m): 4:36pm On Sep 18, 2010
Ojukwu, IBB to meet
• In effort to woo Igbo

A few days after officially flagging off his presidential campaign, former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida, has scheduled a meeting with former Biafran leader and Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, as part of his mobilization programme.

The meeting, scheduled at Ojukwu’s residence in Enugu, holds tomorrow.
Saturday Sun gathered that Babangida, aware of the way Igbo regard Ojukwu, sent words to the former warlord asking for meeting, to impress it upon him that he is sincere in his promise to work for the emergence of a South easterner as president in 2015.

Sources revealed that Babangida deemed it necessary to meet with Ojukwu since he said only the election of Igbo man as president would completely bring an end to the civil war.
“IBB said that it is only when an Igbo man becomes president that his people would believe that the civil war has ended. Since Ojukwu is the symbol of the civil war in Igboland, he therefore, deemed it necessary to meet with him and explain his intention. He is serious about his promise,” a source said.

Although Ojukwu is not a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), it was gathered that Babangida believes that if he buys into the Igbo 2015 Presidency dream he would reach out to delegates who would participate in the South East zonal presidential primaries scheduled for October 18.

It was learnt that even before publicly indicating interest to contest the presidential election, Babangida intimated Ojukwu, just as he did other political leaders across the country. Sources revealed that the duo have been in touch on phone. Tomorrow’s meeting would be the first time they are meeting in a long while.

In April, Ojukwu had said that there was nothing wrong with Babangida’s aspiration to return to power.
In an interview he granted Saturday Sun, which was published on April 7, 2010, Ojukwu x-rayed former leaders who want to return to power and said that Babangida was welcome.

He said in the interview: “I don’t know that he wants to come back. But Babangida happens to be the one I know a little bit about. If for nothing else I like his sense of humour and I believe that a man endowed with such openness might have something to offer.”

Asked if he would not mind Babangida coming back, Ojukwu said: “Oh, yes, why not. In fact, anybody who wants to have a shot at the presidency is welcome, provided they go the right way. Don’t come back to office through the wrong way, such as a coup d’tat; then I will tell you that you are cheating. But if you are going through the elections, campaigns and get people to vote for you and they say you at the man, that’s ok by me.

He did not see anything wrong with the fact that Babangida was in power for eight years, as military, and still wants to return as civilian president. He said of this: “I would even go further to say that if 16 years were possible provided the man is healthy and his senses are still intact and his coordination is still alright, then he should offer himself for the job and if the people want him, so be it.

After visiting Ojukwu, Babangida will also meet with former Vice President, Dr. Alex Ekwueme. There is also a plan for him to meet with PDP bigwigs in Anambra State.

Informed sources revealed that the former military ruler, in the next couple of days, would personally hold meeting with PDP chieftains in the South East, including governors and former governors.

To accompany Babangida in his campaign tour of South East are members of his campaign organisation, former Senate President, Chief Ken Nnamani and former Rivers State governor, Dr. Peter Odili.
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by amingafar(m): 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2010
I admire Ojukwu- After the constant killing of igbo in the north- he has hopes for One Nigeria

I dont agee with 16 more years-
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by amingafar(m): 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2010
Ive made corrections to the topic.

I dont believe IBB is the right person to represent the north. But I like that Ojukwu on behalf of the igbos have forgiven the north.
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by TewMuch: 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2010
^^^
Ojukwu o. grin grin. Igbo's forgive the north ke? Have u been sleeping through all these threads on Nairaland.Ojukwu is a man on a mission to align with money and power while disappointing anyone he can.Besides its not about forgiveness, Nigeria was at war.There are winners and losers.All is fair in love and war; ever heard that?The Losing general has a choice to be poor and live in isolation, or rub shoulders with his former enemies and make promises so he can eat and be relevant.What will you have done if u were in his shoes? grin

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by sbeezy8: 5:12pm On Sep 18, 2010
lol abi o- he is just dumb nothing to show for shagari era, nothing to show for abacha era and nothing to show for ibb.

hes just dum.b no sense at all 16 years ke?
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by amingafar(m): 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2010
ojukwu is the ears mouth and eyes of the igbo what he says is truth. igbo have aligned thmselves with the north for good.
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by MaziUche0(m): 5:33pm On Sep 18, 2010
Not for good, but I am more inclined to align myself with the North.
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by cap28: 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2010
Ojukwu= shameless traitor intent on associating with equally shameless tyrants that have nothing positive to offer nigeria and its people

IBB = drug baron, murderer and western puppet intent on taking nigeria back another 50 years by saddling us with more IMF and world bank debt.

amingafar:

I admire Ojukwu- After the constant killing of igbo in the north- he has hopes for One Nigeria

I dont agee with 16 more years-

Oh boy are you for real or are you on drugs?  Are you blind?  can't you see that he's simply trying to feather his nest and provide for his family after his death.  I am seriously beginning to beleive that this man never genuinely beleived in the igbo cause and that he sent young igbo men to their deaths on a lie.  I'm now beginning to beleive that all along Ojukwu wanted nothing more than to get his hands on the oil reserves in the delta region and tried to use secession as a means of acheiving that goal.
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by amingafar(m): 5:38pm On Sep 18, 2010
MaziUche0:

Not for good, but I am more inclined to align myself with the North.

my brother Igbo have always been with us. Aside from religion- we have common interest.
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by sbeezy8: 5:40pm On Sep 18, 2010
lol igbo junior partner
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by MaziUche0(m): 5:46pm On Sep 18, 2010
sbeezy8:

lol igbo junior partner

Rubbish!

The Hausa respect the Igbo. They may not like us, but they respect us. These people know our word is our bond. Unlike you double talking Yorubas.

Our cultures are similar in which we both honor manhood and honesty.

The same cannot be said with the Yoruba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by TewMuch: 6:02pm On Sep 18, 2010
MaziUche0:

Rubbish!

The Hausa respect the Igbo. They may not like us, but they respect us. These people know our word is our bond. Unlike you double talking Yorubas.

Our cultures are similar in which we both honor manhood and honesty.

The same cannot be said with the Yoruba.

grin grin grin grin grin
Whatever makes you sleep better. Yoruba's are natural politicians from birth, we think about what will improve our well being. Its not about the money. Yoruba's have been living in crowded cities for a very long time, before Igbos or Hausa's. SO we know how to demand what the populace deserves without caring about who is hurt. If you dont like it sorry. But you cant compare farmers and cattle rearer's, to city people. tongue. When an Igbo president that is serious about himself, and has shown that he is not about money or the Igbo's alone or the biafra victimization complex; he will become president. Until then, we will fight for credible people. JOnathan might not be so credible, but hes better than whatever Nigeria has to offer right now. And he is Ijaw. If an Ijaw man can do it, the right Igbo man can do it too. cheesy wink
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by amingafar(m): 6:55pm On Sep 18, 2010
nonsense igbos are not junior partners they just assisst us in Managing Nigeria.

The north Politics- The igbo business.
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by TewMuch: 6:59pm On Sep 18, 2010
amingafar:

nonsense igbos are not junior partners they just assisst us in Managing Nigeria.

The north Politics- The igbo business.

grin grin grin grin grin, Chai Igbo's don suffer. Too much using and abusing. cheesy
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by amingafar(m): 7:02pm On Sep 18, 2010
TewMuch:

grin grin grin grin grin, Chai Igbo's don suffer. Too much using and abusing. cheesy

theres nothing wrong it in that we give Igbo business men contracts also. Equal share.

we should all stick to what we are good at politics northerners igbo business
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by MaziUche0(m): 7:04pm On Sep 18, 2010
Assist a illiterate northerner? God forbid.

We just understand you all have the political power.

Just don't come between an Igbo man and his money and everything will be alright.
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by amingafar(m): 7:07pm On Sep 18, 2010
MaziUche0:

Just don't come between an Igbo man and his money and everything will be alright.

so what do you think you have been doing since independence?
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by TewMuch: 7:11pm On Sep 18, 2010
amingafar:

so what do you think you have been doing since independence?

grin grin grin grin grin grin. Excellent question

MaziUche0:

grin grin grin grin grin

Have you no belief in yourself? This is very insulting and condescending to Igbo's. Am angry and i aint Igbo. Dont you have a right as a Nigerian to any political office? Chai, this is bad. Go build some necessary self confidence. Hausa's have succeeded in making Igbo's feel like this? I refuse to believe it.
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by MaziUche0(m): 7:12pm On Sep 18, 2010
TewMuch:

Have you no belief in yourself? This is very insulting and condescending to Igbo's. Am angry and i aint Igbo. Dont you have a right as a Nigerian to any political office? Chai, this is bad. Go build some necessary self confidence. Hausa's have succeeded in making Igbo's feel like this? I refuse to believe it.

Yoruba are house boys of the Hausa.

Igbos have been marginalized. So who are we assisting? We arguably control Nigeria through finances. That is a fact. When you control the money, you control everything.
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by TewMuch: 7:19pm On Sep 18, 2010
MaziUche0:

Igbos have been marginalized. [/b]So who are we assisting? [b]We arguably control Nigeria through finances. That is a fact. When you control the money, you control everything.

You really are full of crap and say a lot of nonsense. Which money do Igbo's control? From their trading and businesses? There are also a lot of Yoruba traders and sucessfull business men/women as well, so what? The financial and economic capital is in a Yoruba state, what does that tell you? We dont sing our own praises and boast up and down.

Also, I dont see Igbo's fighting for democracy. It is only Yoruba's that have the guts to challenge the status quo and give opportunity to a minority tribe that may be able to bring change. So who is the Houseboy? Ask yourself again.
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by amingafar(m): 7:24pm On Sep 18, 2010
MaziUche0:

Igbos have been marginalized. So who are we assisting? We arguably control Nigeria through finances. That is a fact. When you control the money, you control everything.

No yorubas cannot be trusted by hausas Its a known fact that the fulanis elite try to align themselves with yorubas. Hausas have always been jealous of the yeribas. In the north Yorubas are liked by everyone except hausas and hausas-fulanis.

and Igbos dont control Nigeria  the politics do.
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by amingafar(m): 7:28pm On Sep 18, 2010
Fulanis like the yorubas but the yorubas are not budging.

The way there is fulani-hausas the fulanis want to make it yoruba-fulanis but the hausas dont like that.
I was in bida, Niger state when I realized that fulanis have a liking for yoruba muslims maybe because the yorubas are more intelligent than hausas.

Sultan of sokoto continues to send invitations to the Oba of oyo who is muslim, I think they even named the Oba of Oyo chancellor of "Uthman dan Fodiyo University"

Pure fulanis also dont like Pure Hausas- very complicated with islam in the north.
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by Beaf: 7:46pm On Sep 18, 2010
amingafar:

The way there is fulani-hausas the fulanis want to make it yoruba-fulanis but the hausas dont like that.
I was in bida, Niger state when I realized that fulanis have a liking for yoruba muslims maybe because the yorubas are more intelligent than hausas.

Sultan of sokoto continues to send invitations to the Oba of oyo who is muslim, I think they even named the Oba of Oyo chancellor of "Uthman dan Fodiyo University"

Pure fulanis also dont like Pure Hausas- very complicated with islam in the north.

Thank God this pack of cards is falling down! The North really needs liberation! Most don't know that they are just slaves to a feudal elite.
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by TewMuch: 7:53pm On Sep 18, 2010
amingafar:

No yorubas cannot be trusted by hausas Its a known fact that the fulanis elite try to align themselves with yorubas. Hausas have always been jealous of the yeribas. In the north Yorubas are liked by everyone except hausas and hausas-fulanis.

and Igbos dont control Nigeria  the politics do.

amingafar:

I really want to fight this dude sometimes cause he is an amebo. but this time i will just let it go.lol. Very true cheesy
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by Afam4eva(m): 8:05pm On Sep 18, 2010
TewMuch:

You really are full of crap and say a lot of nonsense. Which money do Igbo's control? From their trading and businesses? There are also a lot of Yoruba traders and sucessfull business men/women as well, so what? The financial and economic capital is in a Yoruba state, what does that tell you? We dont sing our own praises and boast up and down.

Also, I dont see Igbo's fighting for democracy. It is only Yoruba's that have the guts to challenge the status quo and give opportunity to a minority tribe that may be able to bring change. So who is the Houseboy? Ask yourself again.

Tew much bullshit, Ignorance is not divine. So what if Lagos is yorubaland does that mean the economy is controlled by Yorubas?
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by TewMuch: 8:08pm On Sep 18, 2010
afam4eva:

Tew much bullshit, Ignorance is not divine. So what if Lagos is yorubaland does that mean the economy is controlled by Yorubas?

Afarmerforever, YES. Now blow yourself up. If it was truly controlled by Igbo's the economic center will be in Igboland. Not so? We have the economic advantage and a strategic location, so yes we control it. Bias is not devine
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by Afam4eva(m): 8:16pm On Sep 18, 2010
TewMuch:

Afarmerforever, YES. Now blow yourself up. If it was truly controlled by Igbo's the economic center will be in Igboland. Not so? We have the economic advantage and a strategic location, so yes we control it. Bias is not devine

You're full of CRAP. Why is Ibadan, Akure, Ado-Ekiti or Abeokuta not the commercial capital. MUMU. Do you think Abuja is Nigeria's first capital? Are u that dumb.
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by AkinEgba: 8:24pm On Sep 18, 2010
Tewmuch, american economy is not controlled by caucasian americans. The jewish americans do, yet it is located in america. I do not believe we yorubas control the economy of Lagos and I believe no single ethnic group holds 50% of Lagos's economy.
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by Afam4eva(m): 8:27pm On Sep 18, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Tewmuch, american economy is not controlled by caucasian americans. The jewish americans do, yet it is located in america. I do not believe we yorubas control the economy of Lagos and I believe no single ethnic group holds 50% of Lagos's economy.

Very sensible post. I hope Tew Much will learn something from this an also note that Calabar and lagos was at one time the capital of Nigeria.
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by amingafar(m): 8:30pm On Sep 18, 2010
in regards to the topic I dont think there can ever be an igbo president by northern vote and without incumbency.

The reason I say that is its a known fact that The northern elite have instilled in the minds of minority muslim tribes that southern christians particularly igbo are against islam. So How do they expect us to turn around and vote for them?

IBB is lying and he knows that the sultan of sokoto cannot and will not ask the north to vote for a southerner over a northerner. It just wont happen.
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by AkinEgba: 8:33pm On Sep 18, 2010
amingafar:

in regards to the topic I dont think there can ever be an igbo president by northern vote and without incumbency.

The reason I say that is its a known fact that The northern elite have instilled in the minds of minority muslim tribes that southern christians particularly igbo are against islam. So How do they expect us to turn around and vote for them?

IBB is lying and he knows that the sultan of sokoto cannot and will not ask the north to vote for a southerner over a northerner. It just wont happen.

You mean northerners will not vote for Jonathan? And you also mean IBB will not hand over power to an Igbo as he promised, if the Igbos help him to win?
Re: Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule ! by amingafar(m): 8:42pm On Sep 18, 2010
Akin-Egba:

You mean northerners will not vote for Jonathan? And you also mean IBB will not hand over power to an Igbo as he promised, if the Igbos help him to win?

"Northerners"( NE + middle belt) will vote for Jonathan But the core 6-7 "NW" hausas-fulanis states wont. Jonathan has the power of incumbancy which he accidently gained by the death of yaradua. There nothing the core north can do about that, especially since they are fielding IBB a candidate that will lose to Buhari.

As for the igbo president unless Banbangida dies in office I dont see it happening.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Gaidam Int’l Market Reopened As Mai Mala Buni Relaxes Curfew / I'm Hearing That Nsukka Is Hot Right Now / Road To 2023: Ayu’s Exit Will Cause More Crisis For PDP – Makarfi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.