Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Don't Pay An Installer For Your Free To Air Dish Installation - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Don't Pay An Installer For Your Free To Air Dish Installation (46721 Views)

Come In For Your Free Open Vpn Servers / Download Bluestacks For Windows 7/8 & MAC PC (offline Installer) / Note: This Is A 100% Free Information, Don't Pay A Kobo For It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Pay An Installer For Your Free To Air Dish Installation by gentleblaq: 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2010
Am of the opinion that if you are adventurous enough, you can get anything done. I believe hiring an installer for your dish is a waste of money because if something goes wrong or you need to change to another satellite, then you need to pay again.

The process is basically the same thing for HITV, HI TV, DSTV, Free-to-air etc. The only difference is in the activation procedure.

Find a place to mount your dish with a clear line of sight to the east ( for DSTV), or whatever direction you need to face depending on the service. If you're not sure, look at your neighbor's dish. Mount it solidly making sure its straight. You can use concrete for the base and a plumb line to confirm. Place the dish antenna on the support but don't tighten the bolts just yet then run your coax cable through the dish & out the end where the LNBF (the eye) is. Connect the cable to the LNBF & assemble the LNBF to the dish with the supplied screws. Calculate elevation(upswing) and azimuth(side swing) for the desired satellite. You can use www.lynsat.com for this.If there is a similar installation nearby, just do it like that.
Connect the other end of your cable to the receiver and connect the receiver to your TV. Consult manual on how to do this. Select satellite from a list available in most receiver or input transponder frequency, then go to signal strength view and start panning i.e turn your dish left & right in the general direction as your neighbor's dish points. When you locate a satellite, you can see it on your TV in the "signal strength" screen. When you are sure you have the strongest possible signal, tighten all of the bolts on the dish. Leave the Signal screen on to be sure you don't lose signal when tightening.

Your horizontal adjustment should be great but you may still need to adjust the vertical. Now loosen the elevation screws just enough so the dish reflector rotates freely up & down. Slowly move the reflector up & down until you have discovered the highest signal reading on your meter (or TV) & then tighten these bolts. Again, leave the Signal screen on to be sure you don't lose signal when tightening.
Now you can run the coax from the dish to wherever your receiver will be placed within the house. I like to use zip ties and screw clips to attach the cable to the dish mast the siding.

Follow the instruction in your owner's manual, from here on, to run the necessary tests and finish the installation.

For specific instruction on peculiar systems like HITV, Hi TV, DSTV, Strong Reciever, please check back soon.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Pay An Installer For Your Free To Air Dish Installation by JUO(m): 11:38pm On Sep 19, 2010
i once try this but ended up paying 4500k for the installation. i thought you just and go buy  and hang it, but i never knew there were one thousand and one satellites up there.

u forgot something,   did u know that satellite has frequency and symbol rate, the LNB u see has position (vertical and horizontal) or the number of station will not be complete. u may be surprised that u and your neighbour  are using the same decoder but he has more channels than u do why? missing frequency

follow this link and see some of the satellite http://www.dishpointer.com/  http://www.dishpointer.com/satellites in location type in Lagos, Nigeria in all satellite choose  e.g eutesat w4, press and see what happens.
because u manage to install your mytv free to air you think, you can jump into something you don't know.

for those of you finding it difficult to track satellite here is the solution. http://www.dishpointer.com/   how to use, type in your location in your location tab e.g warri, Nigeria. in all satellites choose the satellite you want to use (the one you have access to) e.g eutesat w5 and press go it will give the elevation and obstacles, distance to earth and so on. use the green thing to look for your position/compound double click to zoom. wait a minute let me check my food. i will be back soon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Pay An Installer For Your Free To Air Dish Installation by Michadek: 11:48pm On Sep 19, 2010
Guys i learnt that there is a paticular free to air channel showing the english premiership life matches besides crtv and others, can you pls tell me something about that? Thanks a million.
Re: Don't Pay An Installer For Your Free To Air Dish Installation by adanny01(m): 11:15am On Sep 22, 2010
I can do Nilesat, CNN, AIT, Mytv DSTV and many others with 1.8m, 0.9, and 0.6m dish fixed positions. Recently i changed to motorized which easily goes out of position after winds. I have a problem setting it as i dont know the satellites to track. From the way the first installation was, he tracked 3 particular satellites and the others showed up. I need to know those three or how to go about it. For now i only watch Nilesat, CNN and occasionally AIT with the motorized. I've lost all others.
Re: Don't Pay An Installer For Your Free To Air Dish Installation by Smilelo(m): 12:44am On Sep 13, 2013
[b][/b]
pls I will like to get ur number so I can call u to install it 4 me

1 Like

Re: Don't Pay An Installer For Your Free To Air Dish Installation by miracle4(m): 8:14am On Aug 25, 2015
adanny01:
I can do Nilesat, CNN, AIT, Mytv DSTV and many others with 1.8m, 0.9, and 0.6m dish fixed positions. Recently i changed to motorized which easily goes out of position after winds. I have a problem setting it as i dont know the satellites to track. From the way the first installation was, he tracked 3 particular satellites and the others showed up. I need to know those three or how to go about it. For now i only watch Nilesat, CNN and occasionally AIT with the motorized. I've lost all others.
see http://www.3ptechies.com/how-to-install-dstv-satellite-dish.html
Re: Don't Pay An Installer For Your Free To Air Dish Installation by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2016
REAL TECHNOLOGIES NIGERIA LIMITED CAME UP AS A RESULT OF SOME CHALLENGES OR DIFFICULTIES FACED BY MANY HOME AND INDUSTRIES IN INSTALLING AND SERVICING SOME OF THE TECHNOLOGICAL APPLIANCES. AND HAD SUFFER FROM QUARK TECHNICIANS IN THE SOCIETY WITHOUT HAVING THE ISSUES SOLVED; THAT WAS WHILE REAL TECHNOLOGIES NIGERIA LIMITED CAME TO BRIDGED THE GAPE FOR GREATER EFFICIENCY/ PRODUCTIVITY.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDES:
1. REPAIRS OF ANY PRODUCT OF COMPUTER, INCLUDING LAPTOPS.
2,INSTALLATION OF AIR CONDITIONS- SPLIT AND WINDOW UNITS
3. INSTALLATION/ RECTIFICATION OF ANY TYPE OF SATELLITE DISH. SUCH AS
dstv, GO TV, HITV, COMSAT, E.T.C
4.REPAIR OF ANY SIZE OF PETROL GENERATORS.
5. REPAIR OF PRINTERS AND PHOTOCOYING MACHINES.
THE ABOVE SERVICES ARE RENDER WITHIN LAGOS STATE METROPOLIS. CALL NOW TO SOLVE THAT TECHNOLOGICAL PREVAILING ISSUES IN YOUR HOME AND OFFICE.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL: 07060457281, 08159229130.
Re: Don't Pay An Installer For Your Free To Air Dish Installation by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2016
Install and resolve any technical issues you are having with your Dstv and other satellites dishes like no signal due to bad weather condition or faulty connection problem, no service, off and on of pictures display on TV screen/ E48 errors/ E32 errors/ E16 error and no communication from primary decoder. Call us on 08159229130/07060457281
Or email: realtechnologiesnigerialtd@gmail.com Real Technologies Nigeria Limited
Re: Don't Pay An Installer For Your Free To Air Dish Installation by LOVEGINO(m): 9:51pm On Nov 21, 2016
Do you Know that you can invest and receive 3.60% of your investment daily forever. click on my signature to register.
Re: Don't Pay An Installer For Your Free To Air Dish Installation by J4parry(m): 11:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
adanny01:

What size of dish are you using to get the bolded channels sir?
Re: Don't Pay An Installer For Your Free To Air Dish Installation by adanny01(m): 8:22pm On Nov 23, 2016
J4parry:
[/b]

What size of dish are you using to get the bolded channels sir?

Thats along time ago. I watch only DSTV now and sometimes MyTv
Re: Don't Pay An Installer For Your Free To Air Dish Installation by J4parry(m): 8:38pm On Nov 23, 2016
adanny01:

Thats along time ago. I watch only DSTV now and sometimes MyTv

Okay.
Re: Don't Pay An Installer For Your Free To Air Dish Installation by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 11, 2017
Install new decoder and resolve any technical issues you are having with your Dstv, My joy TV, Space, Startimes, Go tv , Consat, Free to Air Tv and other satellites dishes like no signal due to bad weather condition or faulty connection problem, no service, off/on of pictures display on TV screen/ E48 errors/ E32 errors/ E16 error and no communication from primary decoder. Call us on 08159229130. Real Technologies Nigeria Limited.
Re: Don't Pay An Installer For Your Free To Air Dish Installation by Trippledots(m): 4:44pm On Nov 07, 2018
JUO:
i once try this but ended up paying 4500k for the installation. i thought you just and go buy  and hang it, but i never knew there were one thousand and one satellites up there.

u forgot something,   did u know that satellite has frequency and symbol rate, the LNB u see has position (vertical and horizontal) or the number of station will not be complete. u may be surprised that u and your neighbour  are using the same decoder but he has more channels than u do why? missing frequency

follow this link and see some of the satellite http://www.dishpointer.com/  http://www.dishpointer.com/satellites in location type in Lagos, Nigeria in all satellite choose  e.g eutesat w4, press and see what happens.
because u manage to install your mytv free to air you think, you can jump into something you don't know.

for those of you finding it difficult to track satellite here is the solution. http://www.dishpointer.com/   how to use, type in your location in your location tab e.g warri, Nigeria. in all satellites choose the satellite you want to use (the one you have access to) e.g eutesat w5 and press go it will give the elevation and obstacles, distance to earth and so on. use the green thing to look for your position/compound double click to zoom. wait a minute let me check my food. i will be back soon

The great DIYer

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Disadvantage Of Hibernating Your Laptop / How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan / Post Your Laptop Problem Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.