Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,721 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World (18439 Views)

PHOTOS: Nollywood Now Making Blue Films / Nollywood Now Making Sex Movies / Nollywood: Largest Movie Industry After Nollywood And Bollywood! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by kokoye(m): 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2010
samoks:

Kokoye is probably a Yoruba guy who hates the IGBO dominated english movie industry more because that is the industry that has brought Nigeria more fame, who in the yoruba movie industry is known worldwide like the Genes, JIM iykes, Ramsy Noahs and Omotolas, It is only the english movie industry that can go to Ghana and other African countries and feature those countries' top actors and actresses in their movies,

Please stop the beeeeeefffffff.

The Ibo English movies are in another class compared to the Yoruba ones,

I wonder who died and made you king.

The fact that I said I prefer yoruba movies is because I watch Naija movies to laugh and so I understand yoruba jokes better. 

So pls stop the tribalistic rant . . .I paid for and own a lot of english speaking Nigerian movies as well . . and I guess what? I have seen them all.

I love all those artists you mentioned and read about them everyday

But . . . what is wrong with me having a preference?

Must we go tribal in everything I guess it makes you feel better about yourself

If it will make your tribalistic self feel better, my wife is not yoruba, she is not hausa but still a Nigerian. Go figure  tongue
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by JeSoul(f): 3:30pm On Oct 06, 2010
^Cold, we can most certainly do better. I think most people are just pleading Nigerians should be more supportive and encouraging even though we're far behind in terms of quality. Altogether not an unreasonable suggestion I think.

samoks:

Thank you my brother, please tell them more.

Kokoye is probably a Yoruba guy who hates the IGBO dominated english movie industry more because that is the industry that has brought Nigeria more fame, who in the yoruba movie industry is known worldwide like the Genes, JIM iykes, Ramsy Noahs and Omotolas, It is only the english movie industry that can go to Ghana and other African countries and feature those countries' top actors and actresses in their movies,

Please stop the beeeeeefffffff.

The Ibo English movies are in another class compared to the Yoruba ones,

Ahn ahn Samoks you don't know that now. Give him the benefit of doubt. He probably just likes yoruba movies more cos he prefers the line, method of storytelling. It doesn't have to mean he hates Igbos. And oh, I seconded the "lets support Naija movies" sentiment of his post.
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by samoks(m): 3:34pm On Oct 06, 2010
cold:

There's nothin in the script that insists we must celebrate/appreciate mediocrity.Whilst not writing them off in totality i daresay the largest room in the world is the room for improvement.

Nollywood makes about 2,400 films per year, putting it ahead of the US, but behind India, according to a Unesco report last year. Nigerian film-makers tend to operate in a fast and furious manner; shoots rarely last longer than two weeks, cheap digital equipment is almost always used and the average budget is about $15,000 (£9,664). The finished products often bypass cinemas altogether and are instead sold directly to the “man on the street” for about $1.50 (£1). Most films shift between 25,000 and 50,000 copies globally – although a blockbuster can easily sell up to 200,000.

Aw c'mon are you sayin we can't do better?

Taiwan was used to be known as the home of substandard products, today they are in another planet from ours, China as well, but most Original Nokia phones today, Laptops and other gadgets are made from China,

I am not saying we should accept below per products, but at least it is a right step in the right direction. This is the only industry from Nigeria that is accepted worldwide, Is there any other industry? please educate me more, The improvements will come, just as it is going on now in the Music industry, we shall get there my brother.
kokoye:

The fact that I said I prefer yoruba movies is because I watch Naija movies to laugh and so I understand yoruba jokes better. 

So pls stop the tribalistic rant . . .I paid for and own a lot of english speaking Nigerian movies as well . . and I guess what? I have seen them all.

If it will make your tribalistic self feel better, my wife is not yoruba, she is not hausa but still a Nigerian. Go figure  tongue

Please this is not a matter is being tribalistic, because you understand yoruba jokes better does not mean the yoruba movies are better.
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by jacob05(m): 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2010
Naija 2 too Much, All You Have to do is Improving the quality of your videos.
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by samoks(m): 3:39pm On Oct 06, 2010
kokoye:

Kokoye, apologies, please am sorry for sounding the way i did,
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by kokoye(m): 3:48pm On Oct 06, 2010
samoks:

Kokoye, apologies, please am sorry for sounding the way i did,

I was actually about to go off on you again before your last post.  cheesy

The fact that I understand yoruba jokes better does not make the movies better.  All movies are good in their own way. And actually it is the english speaking movies that made nollywood more popular globally because of the language used. So I can not attribute the global awareness to Yoruba movies. Of course not.

I really just want us to appreciate our own. period. Instead of running them down but still watching them on youtube.

Samoks, it takes a big man to do what you just did. We are cool.

Peace and love.
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by Ibomade1: 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2010
Way to go. But Quality should be the main focus now
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by JimmyBoy1: 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2010
I think we are not being fair with Nollywood, I dont know the last time any of us bougth an original CD or DVD. How do you want producers to invest in quality when it will be pirated and sold for N100-N150 inside Lagos traffic. Producers are not Charity Organizations, so they will only invest in production to the tune of what they believe they can reasonably recoup.

On the other hand, I quite appreciate the Nigerian Spirit in them i.e "In spite of all odds".

There is also a glimmer of hope in the horizon, some of you have seen the movie called "Ije", the movie can stand anywhere in the world, produced by a 24 years old Nigerian. Of course, it can only be seen in the Cinema Theaters at the moment. I expect the movie to herald a new generation of Nigerian movie, of course you wont find these CDs in Alaba or Idumota because somebody will run into huge debts if that happens.

I rather salute the minds behind the consistent evolution of Nollywood to something we can all be proud of.
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by kokoye(m): 4:09pm On Oct 06, 2010
^^^ thank you.
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by abiacc: 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2010
Yes, even with little support we are still able to make it to the top, i see a day soon when our own Nollywood will be rated number one in the world. 9ja una dey feel me?
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by Dunniah(f): 4:29pm On Oct 06, 2010
Nigeria and its products, just like Nollywood, will get there one day. We should strive to be hopeful and optimistic, not otherwise. We still have a lot of work to do, but it takes one step at a time.
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2010
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by eghost247(m): 6:08pm On Oct 06, 2010
If the Indian Cinema industry rakes in an average of $1.3bn a year
If the US cinema industry raked in $10.65bn in 2009

Then we have the Canadian, British, French, Australian etc

Tell me how much the SECOND BIGGEST MOVIE IND (Nolly-who). made?

Because Nolly took a meaniless storyline or copied storyline movie and split into 4 parts doesnt mean they are the biggest,
Yeah Tell us how they are the second biggest?
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by hackney(m): 6:26pm On Oct 06, 2010
Delusions of self-importance.
next thing someone will open thread that nigeria is the best place in the world.
retarded monkeys
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by MrCork21: 7:05pm On Oct 06, 2010
NOLLYWOULD in which world? Earth? I dont even watch Nigerian Movies anymore.

The chicks are not light skin and its full of IBO people (no oofeinse)
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by samoks(m): 7:19pm On Oct 06, 2010
Mr-Cork:

NOLLYWOULD in which world? Earth? I dont even watch Nigerian Movies anymore.

The chicks are not light skin and its full of IBO people (no oofeinse)

What tribe are you? don't your tribe have their own movies?? why not make your tribe's movies better than those of the IBOS, Tribalistic being like you
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by jalether(m): 7:20pm On Oct 06, 2010
The selection criteria must be based on industries that consistently churn out mediocre movies in massive quantities
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by jalether(m): 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2010
eghost247:

If the Indian Cinema industry rakes in an average of $1.3bn a year
If the US cinema industry raked in $10.65bn in 2009

Then we have the Canadian, British, French, Australian etc

Tell me how much the SECOND BIGGEST MOVIE IND (Nolly-who). made?

Because Nolly took a meaniless storyline or copied storyline movie and split into 4 parts doesnt mean they are the biggest,
Yeah Tell us how they are the second biggest?

GBAM. . . Precisely my sentiment
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by mruwaifo(m): 7:47pm On Oct 06, 2010
This is the self flatery that we give ourselves as a nation and yet fool ourselves into beleiving it . We dont make movies , we make drama's .Now that district 13 movie from south africa is a movie . What has any nigerian fake award receiving produce/director got on that ?
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by chukslee2(m): 9:51pm On Oct 06, 2010
Second largest producers of cccrrraaappp. Since the formation of Nollywood, not 1 of our films have won any international awards, not to talk of their local sound tracks used. Anyway
Nigeria films will improve if the producers/directors spend more time in it and concentrate on quality rather than quantity.
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by WackyJ1(m): 11:00pm On Oct 06, 2010
We're a long way to go in Nigerian movies, even if they stop piracy and release films in cinemas to increase the fame of our dramas, when people finally watch them will they come back to do so again? Nollywood is a case of 'once you've seen one, you've seen them all'. No one has made the 1st step to improve Nollywood. Like someone said we're still making drams and in most cases the storylines get poorer with time. Some one tell me how old is nollywood.
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by ceasyc(f): 1:40am On Oct 07, 2010
2nd largest in what? = bollocks. 2nd largest of what? = bollocks
1 film has part 1 to 20 4/6, or dem go change part 4-6 name/title 2 wotever and call it part 1-3 but we all know its part 4-6 = bollocks

because dem dey act or bring out over 3 billion too many movies in a week makes dem 2nd largest? acting skill = 0, actors/actresses = 0, storyline = 0, directing = 0, production = 0, film quality = 0, everything = 0.  kisses teeth

wack whack wack! absolute bollocks
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by otokx(m): 9:40am On Oct 07, 2010
Thanks ceasyc; i just learned a new word today and that is "bollocks"

Nigerians are masters of self deception; we say a lie and then tell it to ourselves and then believe it by ourselves to our own shame and misery. Later on we call on the gods to come and listen to our lies and bless us but we remain in permanent delusion.
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by Orikinla(m): 11:32am On Oct 07, 2010
Whoever posted this Nollywood falsehood and posted it on the homepage is a dummy.
No wonder Nigerians record mass failures in their exams and Nigerians are so stupid to be fooled by their incompetent political rulers.

How many Nollywood movies are produced presently?

NIGERIAN DUMMIES FOOLING THEMSELVES!
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by omar22(m): 11:39am On Oct 07, 2010
2nd largest in what? = bollocks. 2nd largest of what? = bollocks
1 film has part 1 to 20 4/6, or dem go change part 4-6 name/title 2 wotever and call it part 1-3 but we all know its part 4-6 = bollocks

because dem dey act or bring out over 3 billion too many movies in a week makes dem 2nd largest? acting skill = 0, actors/actresses = 0, storyline = 0, directing = 0, production = 0, film quality = 0, everything = 0. kisses teeth

whack whack whack! absolute bollocks

Wow!!!!

Spot on,
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by dejahvu(m): 1:10pm On Oct 07, 2010
I think one of the major problems is
most of our Nollywood Movie producers are Igbo Business men out to make
money (apologies to the Igbo people im not insulting u people)
By the Time people like I and other posters on this thread get into the
Nigerian Movies industry for the Love of the Art of movie production then quality movies will roll out,
im going into Movies, so shuld u that have love for the game
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by SABalogun: 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2010
how come?
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by InkedNerd(f): 5:37pm On Oct 07, 2010
Hehehe, don't they know second is the first last? grin
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by Basseti: 7:07pm On Oct 07, 2010
dejahvu:

By the Time people like I and other posters on this thread get into the
Nigerian Movies industry for the Love of the Art of movie production then quality movies will roll out,
im going into Movies, so shuld u that have love for the game

Thats what U guys should aspire to do instead of coming up here and whining. Innovation is just a breath away but u wont get it by just sitting on ur ass and specializing in arm chair criticism.

How many dudes here actually go out and purchase an original CD or DVD, most NL'ers for all their whining would rather rip a movie from copy to copy or download a piece of music from limewire, even me sef dey do am grin However, we expect some "James Cameron-ish" sort of story line and effects in our home movies grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by ceasyc(f): 7:27pm On Oct 07, 2010
otokx:

Thanks ceasyc; i just learned a new word today and that is "bollocks"

omar22:

Wow!!!!
Spot on,

smiley wink cool grin
Re: Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World by oge4real(f): 9:23pm On Oct 07, 2010
OMG, now they will start spliting thier movies in to 6 parts.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Can I Download The TV Series The Originals / Part 2 Of Wedding Party Is Loading / BBNaija S6: Housemates Share Heartbreak Ordeals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.