Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

Obasanjo Barred From Un Building - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Barred From Un Building (6364 Views)

Habeeb Bama Captured Mastermind Of UN Building Bombing Is Dead! / The Face Of The Man Who Bombed The Un Building / Why We Bombed UN Building – Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by AkinEgba: 3:29am On Sep 24, 2010
Obasanjo Barred From UN Building .Thursday, 23 September 2010 23:38 Abiodun Oluwarotimi, New York   . .

Former President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, received the shock of his life at the United Nations Headquarters in New York on Tuesday as security operatives attached to the world body refused him and his four aides access into the building.

Our Correspondent who was at the scene unidentified reported that Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, who was a former Special Envoy of the United Nations to the Democratic Republic of Congo, together with his four personal aides were disallowed from gaining entry into the building because of lack of UN Visitor’s Pass.

The former Nigerian President was clearly told by the security operatives at the main entrance of the United Nations that neither he nor any of his aides that he brought there would be allowed to enter since their names were not on the list of guests or delegates expected at the ongoing 65th UN General Assembly.
Another excuse they gave in order to disallow the Chairman, Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was that his duty tour and work contract with the United Nations as the Special Envoy to DR Congo had ended.

They further told Chief Olusegun Obasanjo that he could not enter into the building to see anybody or do anything since he had no binding contract with the authorities of the UN unless he had his name on the list of special visitors or delegates coming to the United Nations for official purposes.

However, President Obasanjo was heard begging the security operatives to let him into the building because he wanted to pay an unofficial visit to a top official of the world body, though he agreed that he only came to the United States to attend the annual Clinton Global Initiative Meeting but decided to visit the United Nations headquarters as a former Special Envoy.

Our Correspondent also reported that all his pleading fell on the deaf ears of the Security Operatives who eventually invited one of their bosses in order to personally address the former Nigerian President.

On siting Chief Obasanjo, the Security Chief (Name Withheld) explained to his junior colleagues that he is a former President of Nigeria and also a former special Envoy of the United Nations to DR Congo.

The Security Chief reportedly begged his lieutenants to allow him get a day’s Visitor's Pass for Chief Obasanjo to enable him see whoever he wanted to visit within the United Nations building, though he told the former Army General that none of his aides would be allowed to go into the building with him.

After standing at the gate of the United Nations for over 15 minutes, President Olusegun Obasanjo was assisted in getting a day’s Visitor’s Pass and he soberly entered into the building, leaving his aides outside the United Nations premises.

However, in a spot interview with Journalists in New York, former President Olusegun Obasanjo declared that the conspiracy by some politicians from the Northern parts of the country against President Goodluck Jonathan over his decision to run for 2011 Presidential election is not a wrong thing.

Chief Obasanjo stated that “ganging up or not ganging up, factions and alliances are normal parts of politics and there is nothing wrong, what matter is that at the end of the day, whatever the result, we will all accept it.”

http://nigeriannewsservice.com/leadership-nigeria/obasanjo-barred-from-un-building
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 24, 2010
Oba J forgot UN ain't Nigeria. Nothing do you sha cool
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by dandollar1: 12:26pm On Sep 24, 2010
chei! Dem no dey look face? grin
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by teskyg: 12:47pm On Sep 24, 2010
The Koko be say,him enter.I tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by macjive01: 12:52pm On Sep 24, 2010
guys im nt being trabal but it fricks me out that Yoruba's like begging, begging everybody small and big. Those abroad know too well that there is nothing like abeg but still they would do it, do it , falling naija hand. even the oyibo them don dey differential ibo and yoruba, shdnt b so.

this obj man no get shame? why couldnt he simply turn around and hang out outside or better still wait out in his hotel.
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by texazzpete(m): 12:57pm On Sep 24, 2010
macjive01:

guys im nt being trabal but it fricks me out that Yoruba's like begging, begging everybody small and big.

Apparently, you're also not capable of spelling the word 'tribal' correctly. grin
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by vicknesh: 1:09pm On Sep 24, 2010
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM A MAN WHO SLEEPS WITH HIS SONS WIFE, ANYWAY IN YORUBALAND FATHER SLEEPING WITH SONS WIFE IS NOT AN ABOMINATION grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin STUPID PEOPLE
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by ayoola2002(m): 1:15pm On Sep 24, 2010
The security men knew that he(OBJ) has nothing to talk about, except to disscuss how to loot and corrupt other world leaders.
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2010
a dose of his own medicine i must say. life after power, aint it funny grin
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by Fhemmmy: 1:21pm On Sep 24, 2010
Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by chamber2(m): 1:39pm On Sep 24, 2010
THE FALLLL OF A 4MER PRISONER embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by snowdrops(m): 1:50pm On Sep 24, 2010
whats the fuss. He was barred for 15 minutes and then let in!!

PLEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEE.

Stupid Nigerian journalists.
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by smasher1(m): 1:54pm On Sep 24, 2010
What matters is that whatever the result of the election we will all accept it- Obasanjo.
Rigging in the making
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by semid4lyfe(m): 1:57pm On Sep 24, 2010
Lol. . .I'm sure OBJ lost that his famous temper and must have sparked severely for those security operatives.

I can just imagine him saying in his normal braggadocious manner:
[center]What audacity and effontery? Do you know who I am? I am Chief Olusegun Aremu Okikiolu Obasanjo, a war hero, an ex-UN Envoy, former Military and Civilian President of Nigeria, the Largest Black Nation in the World. I will see to it that you lose your jobs[/center]

OMG. . .Laugh wan kill me die!
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by 1102(m): 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2010
^^

death,

I heard OBJ still soaks Garri and eats it with BEANS!!
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by sbeezy8: 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2010
I dont even know what the wahala is HE DIDNT PLAN ON VISITING THE UN, HE DIDNT INFORM THEM HE WAS COMING, OF COURSE THEY WONT LET HIS AIDES IN.

and the title is misleading because he got in without an invitation only waieted for 15 minutes.

Next time Obj

However, President Obasanjo was heard begging the security operatives to let him into the building because he wanted to pay an unofficial visit to a top official of the world body[b],[size=13pt] though he agreed that he only came to the United States to attend the annual Clinton Global Initiative Meeting but decided to visit the United Nations headquarters as a former Special Envoy.[/size][/b]

Obj should have just attended the clinton one as he was suppose to, common sense he as  president should know not to change plans at the last minute.
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by desgiezd(m): 2:15pm On Sep 24, 2010
macjive01:

guys im nt being trabal [/b]but it fricks me out that Yoruba's like begging, begging everybody small and big. Those abroad know too well that there is nothing like abeg but still they would do it, do it , falling naija hand. even the oyibo them don dey [b]differential ibo and yoruba, shdnt b so.

this obj man no get shame? why couldnt he simply turn around and hang out outside or better still wait out in his hotel.

Check the bolded and make amends!
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by sbeezy8: 2:18pm On Sep 24, 2010
macjive01:

guys im nt being trabal but it fricks me out that Yoruba's like begging, begging everybody small and big. Those abroad know too well that there is nothing like abeg but still they would do it, do it , falling naija hand. even the oyibo them don dey differential ibo and yoruba, shdnt b so.

most uneducated person on nairaland. . .
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by SHEAU(m): 2:19pm On Sep 24, 2010
vicknesh:

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM A MAN WHO SLEEPS WITH HIS SONS WIFE, ANYWAY IN YORUBALAND FATHER SLEEPING WITH SONS WIFE IS NOT AN ABOMINATION grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin silly PEOPLE

i checked all  your 30 posts since u join NLand  understand that u ve not make any sense. so im not surprised that u re an IGNORAMOUS E.EDIOUT
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by sbeezy8: 2:22pm On Sep 24, 2010
vicknesh:

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM A MAN WHO SLEEPS WITH HIS SONS WIFE, ANYWAY IN YORUBALAND FATHER SLEEPING WITH SONS WIFE IS NOT AN ABOMINATION grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin silly PEOPLE

we(yorubas) also sleep with other peoples daughter like igbo calabar ijaw urhobo etc. you name it we've slept with them wink
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by desgiezd(m): 2:40pm On Sep 24, 2010
vicknesh:

Its so difficult to believe that its a human being that is reasoning like this!
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by Beaf: 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2010
The article is just taking a cheap jab at Obj, I don't doubt that its exagerated.
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by vicknesh: 2:51pm On Sep 24, 2010
sbeezy8:

we(yorubas) also sleep with other peoples daughter  like igbo calabar ijaw urhobo etc. you name it we've slept with them wink
ITS NO SURPRISE BECAUSE, YORUBA MEN ARE HE-GOATS grin grin grin grin BUT MIND THE WAY YOU CALL IJAW NAME BECAUSE  IJAW CONTRIBUTE ALOT REVENUE WISE TO NIGERIA WHEREAS  YORUBAS ARE JUST PARASITES, cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 24, 2010
sbeezy8:

we(yorubas) also sleep with other peoples daughter like igbo calabar ijaw urhobo etc. you name it we've slept with them wink

help us tell him grin
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by Ayowumie(m): 3:23pm On Sep 24, 2010
vicknesh:

Am ashamed to refer to you as a 'human being'. U just did not make any sense; i guess you still have time to learn and apologise. Every culture in the world, INCEST is a taboo. YORUBAS HAVE THE MOST HUMAN DIGNIFYING CULTURES
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by Echidime(m): 3:32pm On Sep 24, 2010
He want to assured the UN that he will make sure Goodluck wins nigerian 2011 Polls come what may. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by sabygrace: 3:45pm On Sep 24, 2010
vicknesh:

ITS NO SURPRISE BECAUSE, YORUBA MEN ARE HE-GOATS grin grin grin grin BUT MIND THE WAY YOU CALL IJAW NAME BECAUSE  IJAW CONTRIBUTE ALOT REVENUE WISE TO NIGERIA WHEREAS  YORUBAS ARE JUST PARASITES, cool cool cool cool cool

I know people like you,you take every opportunity to express your frustration at the fact that we Yorubas are where we are in the polity of our dear nation Nigeria and most importantly we are the most educated in this country with acute sense of judgment but rather than sit behind a computer and display your bigotry why don't you go and ask your parents and grandparents what they were doing(guess they were sleeping) when the Yorubas were climbing the ladder.if you are angry at this comment tell me which part of this country you belong to and I'll tell you where you belong.
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by OAM4J: 3:57pm On Sep 24, 2010
kini big deal?

He still entered on his personal recognition. How many Nigerians have that kind of honour.
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by Goldenmeda(m): 4:18pm On Sep 24, 2010
chaie, OBJ y den dey fall ur hand lyk dis, wetin happen,
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by MaziUche0(m): 4:23pm On Sep 24, 2010
What is up with Yoruba men looking so damnn ugly? undecided

Funny they said OBJ begged them. A former head of state begging someone to let him in. Yorubas always begging someone. If it isn't aboki than it is an Igbo man. Have they no shame? grin
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by naso2(m): 4:23pm On Sep 24, 2010
The koko of the matter is that OBJ entered without prior notice of invitation. E easy? The 15 mins delay na just protocol. Make IBB try am if him get liver.
Re: Obasanjo Barred From Un Building by sbeezy8: 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2010
MaziUche0:

What is up with Yoruba men looking so damnn ugly? undecided

Funny they said OBJ begged them. A former head of state begging someone to let him in. Yorubas always begging someone. If it isn't aboki than it is an Igbo man. Have they no shame? grin

the same way igbos are begging for zoning? no worries after Jonathan becomes president no more zoning wink

only way igbo can be president of naija is he begs the SS and the SW. hehehe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PMB Sacks The Sports Minister / Poor Photoshop Skills From The Buhari Media Crew (BMC) / Enugu Assembly Passes Landlord Tenant Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.