Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB (9604 Views)

June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa / M.K.O Abiola And June 12 / I Am A Victim Of June 12 -IBB Says In Exclusive Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by kosovo(m): 4:56am On Sep 24, 2010
Former Military ruler and Presidential aspirant of the people’s Democratic Party, PDP, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida has said it would be fair if Nigerians wished him dead for his annulment of June 12, 1993 presidential elections.

In an interview with Cable News Network, CNN, Babangida who said he was offering himself for service because he wants to serve, and enable Nigerian move forward, , simply said he would prefer ‘to take responsibility’ than apologize for the annulment.

Babangida who wants Nigerians to solely blame him for the annulment that ignited a crisis that consumed the presumed winner MKO Abiola, however suggested that after 17 years it would be correct to say, in his opinion, he was judged harshly and unfairly.

Babangida , said “I told Nigerians that it was wrong; I told Nigerians Kill me, don’t kill anybody…This elections was annulled 17 years ago and what I keep telling Nigerians is for Christ sake let us move forward. I thought people should understand that when you accept responsibility, he is saying blame it on me, not on any other person.

The self styled President said further “Nigerians are sensible; Nigerians understand that after a long time and in retrospect, they will say wait a minute, and say maybe we judged him unfairly, or judged him harshly”

The ex president thumped his chest for organizing the freest election in Nigeria history, however maintained that his regime had to ‘ do what was in the best interest of the country at that time, and I accept responsibility”

According to him “you must admit this man (IBB), ran the freest, the best election in the history of this country. We had to do what would be in the best interest of the country at that time and I accept full responsibility,” the self-styled evil genius told the cable network.

Babangida who said his protégé, late General Sani Abacha “stabilized the country”, insisted, “don’t forget I have more in terms of information about what is likely going to happen. Stability of this country is first and foremost. I knew what I was going to leave behind…Abacha stabilized this country it didn’t break up , it is even a credit to him”

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os3937.html
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by mensdept: 5:07am On Sep 24, 2010
1) What does this man want to do now (2010) that he couldnt do in a decade of rule where he was a dictator?

2) 17 Years ago he says, and still scheming for more. Why?

3) Is he competing with his pal OBJ for longest serving head of state?

4) Are Nigerians THAT gullible?
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by OAM4J: 5:22am On Sep 24, 2010
Guilty as charged!

Can someone advise this man to surrender his life for public execution pls.
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by 9ijaprince(m): 5:35am On Sep 24, 2010
IBB we will not kill you. But you will not see aso rock. History will only judge you.
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 24, 2010
Unlike IBB that so much believes in the power of the gunz to get what he wants, we will not kill him with a gun, we will surely kill him, not with a gun but with our votes because unlike him we are true democrats not a later date convert like him and his bands.
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by kegikwanu(m): 8:02am On Sep 24, 2010
it is only in a banana republic that a criminal dares to step to a microphone to vomit such disgusting rubbish and would not be held for responsibility after all he has
done to the nation, when will this country wake up, eh? it is always the same story that that the country must be held together, but must that be done by all means?
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by revolt(m): 8:29am On Sep 24, 2010
PerSonally I support ibb atleast for now until ribadu declares.he seems more credible than the rest. We keep shoutin June12 but if I remember every other position stood. I wasn't happy but insiders say abiola had some unternational skeletons.I still feel we of the south should respect the zoning agreement in the interest of our nation
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by superboi(m): 8:42am On Sep 24, 2010
if abiola get skeleton , then I.B.B get flesh and tank farm of blood for him head,  solja na solja according to Fela all im fit give us na im regular trademark "them bring sorrow, tear and blood, all they do burn-burn-burn, all they know is scatter-scatter, IBB can never change.
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by kosovo(m): 6:17pm On Sep 24, 2010
I can see some sense in his statement, Nigeria would have disintegrated if he had not annulled the election, what a sensible thing to do, i love one-Nigeria so dearly!
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by texazzpete(m): 8:38pm On Sep 24, 2010
kosovo:

I can see some sense in his statement, Nigeria would have disintegrated if he had not annulled the election, what a sensible thing to do, i love one-Nigeria so dearly!

Disintegrated, how? The North would have turned their back on all that oil money from the south just because a Southerner won? A southerner that most of them voted for, i might add. And a Muslim for that matter.

Abeg all these stories of disintegration are just rubbish.

As for his Abacha fairytales, thousands of Nigerians danced in the streets when Abacha died. Thousands more are waiting to do that dance for IBB in due time.
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 24, 2010
But is it a fabricated story that Abiola was a drug pusher, and because U.S gave IBB security reports about his criminal activites, thats why IBB had to annul the June 12 elections to stop a drug pusher from being President?
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by Beaf: 9:45pm On Sep 24, 2010
When is IBB carting himself off to bar beach, so we can organise the execution? Many people will supply sand filled drums and ropes for free, and of course, many in the army will be too happy to pull the trigger.
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by texazzpete(m): 9:52pm On Sep 24, 2010
babaearly:

But is it a fabricated story that Abiola was a drug pusher, and because U.S gave IBB security reports about his criminal activites, thats why IBB had to annul the June 12 elections to stop a drug pusher from being President?

Let's put it this way: we haven't seen any evidence of Abiola being a drug pusher. However we know IBB annulled the freest and fairest election we've ever had.

Let's work with what we KNOW, shall we?
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 24, 2010
Almost 50b Naira spent on a transition to nowhere angry U no go die well
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by oderemo(m): 9:58pm On Sep 24, 2010
@babaearly,
are you asking a question or that is a statement of fact.
where do we start.pls.
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 24, 2010
texazzpete:

Let's work with what we KNOW, shall we?

What do you know? Just that?
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by Solomon227(m): 12:04am On Sep 25, 2010
@ Kosovo

kosovo:

After reading yor imbecilic post I was forced to find out what Kosovo represents. Guess what I found out from Google Kosovo is a disputed, confused and landlocked territory (just like yor brain) in the Balkans.,.,., cool cool cool
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by Solomon227(m): 12:12am On Sep 25, 2010
From Kazeem Afegbua: Fellow Nigerians my Boss has told you to kill him for June 12 and has thence chosen to die as follows

IBB has agreed you strip him naked (dont mind the eyesore), suspend him by a thwine rope from his 'Dongo', hanged on a tall NEPA poll over a transformer. Just like d days of Moses, yee all should gather pebbles and stone the Demon (IBB) to death.
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by kosovo(m): 2:59am On Sep 25, 2010
Solomon227:

@ Kosovo

After reading yor imbecilic post I was forced to find out what Kosovo represents. Guess what I found out from Google Kosovo is a disputed, confused and landlocked territory (just like yor brain) in the Balkans.,.,., cool cool cool
You are a completely delusional moronic excuse for being a human being.

I don't have the time, nor can I put in the effort, to explain why. You're not worth it, and it's pretty obvious. It is, however, in my best interest to inform you of what a Retard you are.
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by Pukkah: 10:17am On Sep 25, 2010
The dearth of quality leadership in Nigeria is already siring the scourge of poor followership. embarassed Anyone that was old enough in 1993 or gleaned the history of what transpired and is uncompromised, would find it extremely difficult to advance reasons that Nigerians deserve Mr Babangida as a President. Not again!
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 25, 2010
Solomon277.

You dont need to join words with some renegades of N/L. Just like their paymasters they are remanants of of days gone by on N/L that we can do without their presence.

They were once give a chance to do what Jarus is doing brilliantly today, but guess what, just like their masters, they abused the priviledge and were equally asked to step aside.

They are no longer taken serious on this forum.
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by kosovo(m): 11:17am On Sep 25, 2010
ilugunboy:

Solomon277.

You dont need to join words with some renegades of N/L. Just like their paymasters they are remanants of of days gone by on N/L that we can do without their presence.

They were once give a chance to do what Jarus is doing brilliantly today, but guess what, just like their masters, they abused the priviledge and were equally asked to step aside.

They are no longer taken serious on this forum.

You could have come in directly, instead of being a douche bag, My moderating mechanism remains unmatched, what will before your very eyes soon will lay all these issues of non-conformity to rest., and for your info, i dictate what happens, i asked for what i got. Very soon, we would know who is taken as a retard in this forum, VERY SOON! wink
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by lannre(m): 11:44am On Sep 25, 2010
IN NAIRALAND, PEOPLE WILL BE DISCUSSING GERMAINE ISSUE AND SUDDENLY THEY WILL START TO ABUSE ONE ANOTHER. THEN WHAT LESSON DO WE LEARN AND WHAT MORAL VALUE IS THAT TO PEOPLE WHO CRITICIZE GOVERNMENT ACTIVITIES ?
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by Calsito: 12:01pm On Sep 25, 2010
This time around one dollar will equal ten thousand naira. We should all intensify our prayer for this country.
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by usbcable(m): 12:15pm On Sep 25, 2010
as if he really meant to die.
who does he think he is ''maradonaing'' again.

maje kin she epe fun o.oshe osan.
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by lannre(m): 12:18pm On Sep 25, 2010
usbcable:

as if he really meant to die.
who does he think he is ''maradonaing'' again.

maje kin she epe fun o.oshe osan.

you too dey vex, but you promise say you no go dey vex for Saturday. lol
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by Pennywise(m): 12:27pm On Sep 25, 2010
@OP
Considering that so many people died over the annulment, this may not be an unreasonable proposal afterall.
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by nazzyon(m): 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2010
Nigerian's had better not fall for this guy.

He's very good at playing mind games. The statement he made were just to remind us about the dark past in our history. And he knew for sure that it may bring back (division) the rage in people then the absolute result will be violence in every part of the country.

As we all know he has his own supports, so we have to thread with care.

Killing him will not right his wrong nor can we get back the lost years.

We can only kill him by killing his dreams of becoming the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by agabaI23(m): 4:45pm On Sep 25, 2010
babaearly:

We also heard that the same US used IBB to push drug which they sold and laundered through one bank and the proceeds used to fund the Nicaraguan war.
That was the reason why Buhari was overthrown as they would not play ball with the US.
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by misterh(m): 4:48pm On Sep 25, 2010
I think he is being rhetoric.
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by Exponental(m): 4:51pm On Sep 25, 2010
kosovo:

According to him “you must admit this man (IBB), ran the freest, the best election in the history of this country. We had to do what would be in the best interest of the country at that time and I accept full responsibility,” the self-styled evil genius told the cable network.

Babangida who said his protégé, late General Sani Abacha “stabilized the country”, insisted, “don’t forget I have more in terms of information about what is likely going to happen. Stability of this country is first and foremost. I knew what I was going to leave behind…Abacha stabilized this country it didn’t break up , it is even a credit to him”

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os3937.html

Evil Genius ,
he said he stepped aside, what does that means?
I'm coming back!
[b]Nigerians say NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
if u failed for 8 yrs, u definitely will fail again
Re: Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB by nazzyon(m): 4:54pm On Sep 25, 2010
Some people believe the US uses People, States and Countries then turn against you when they are done with you. The authenticity of this may never be revealed.

We are humans and the truth about so many things may never be unraveled.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

End Of The Road As JONATHAN Confirms Buhari’s True Identity….. READ MORE / Kogi Civil Servant's Child Dies Due To Hardship (Video) / Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking To Sack Governor Matawalle Over Defection To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.