Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord (3310 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? / Praying Loudly Vs Praying Quietly: What Do You Guys Think. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Mudley313: 10:10pm On Sep 24, 2010
Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God
*** Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods.* In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully.* If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock.* Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it.* Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God.* That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt.* Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction.* Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you.* He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors.* "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."* (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Goddam! The bible god is a beast!
What say you Allah?

And Satan did what again?
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 24, 2010
When last did you go for check-up?
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Mudley313: 10:53pm On Sep 24, 2010
babaearly:

When last did you go for check-up?

stay on topic you slowpoke. i quoted word for word from your holy(?) book on your maniacal god's despicable commandment to you deluded goons to go on a genocidal rampage and all you can come up with is some lame insult. imbec1le
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Alwaystrue(f): 9:40am On Sep 25, 2010
@Mudley313,
I actually though you had some good advice but I can see its otherwise.
What ceases to amaze me is that you claim not to believe in God yet you keep going to the bible in your bid to discredit it.
What exactly are you trying to prove?
Why don't you have some peace and live your life and let others be? You keep walking 'to & fro'.
You will never see Christians going to Islamic/other religion threads to post such hate all because we are at peace with our Merciful God. Take it or leave it.
Therefore, go look for your atheist books to read and leave Christians since you have chosen to do so.
You know evil people by their continuous 'tear-down' approcah to life. They never build.
I, however, pray that your case will be like Saul/Paul in the bible and you will come to the knowledge of the truth.
May you receive divine peace to your troubled soul.
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by PastorAIO: 9:57am On Sep 25, 2010
Alwaystrue:

You will never see Christians going to Islamic/other religion threads to post such hate all because we are at peace with our Merciful God. Take it or leave it.

Someone should introduce this guy to Davidylan.
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Mudley313: 12:49pm On Sep 25, 2010
Alwaystrue:

@Mudley313,
What ceases to amaze me is that you claim not to believe in God yet you keep going to the bible in your bid to discredit it.
Why don't you have some peace and live your life and let others be? You keep walking 'to & fro'.
Therefore, go look for your atheist books to read and leave Christians since you have chosen to do so.
You know evil people by their continuous 'tear-down' approcah to life. They never build.
I, however, pray that your case will be like Saul/Paul in the bible and you will come to the knowledge of the truth.

oh! the usual naija christian apologists antics of attacking e-personality instead of tackling the issues raised. stick to the damn topic you worshiper of a dead and rotten jewish carpenter

so, advice/instructions straight from the mouth of the god you serve straight from his infallible(?) book of myths is not good advice? Okay. I see

smh. how on earth can quoting directly from the bible be taken as an attempt to discredit it? or are you trying to say it discredits itself? that the all-loving jewish deity you guys always try to sell as all-loving and merciful is just one monstrous ego-driven genocidal maniac?

that the bible god (according to your infallible bible) is a mass murdering blood thirsty monster that hitler, stalin and idi-amin combined cannot be compared to

You will never see Christians going to Islamic/other religion threads to post such hate all because we are at peace with our Merciful God.

quoting word-for-word from your bible is hate? now i see you're starting to get the picture, even though you just contradicted yourself again with the undeserved title of "merciful" after reading such atrocious deeds of your murderous god (straight from the horses mouth)

You know evil people by their continuous 'tear-down' approcah to life.

you must have a warped idea of what the word evil really is. you call quoting from your bible evil and see nothing wrong with a monster god who commands people to kill, loot, pillage, and r.ape others, including innocent women and children (and livestock, smh) just because they don't worship his egoistic angry azz

May your mentally deluded and brainwashed soul receive the medical help you so deserve. ewu
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Alwaystrue(f): 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2010
cheesy grin
@Mudley313

Did you deliberately miss that out?
So could you move on now and stop getting deranged over something that does not concern you.
God loves you, bro. wink
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Mudley313: 3:33pm On Sep 25, 2010
Alwaystrue:

cheesy grin
@Mudley313

Did you deliberately miss that out?

yes i did. cos i'm not obliged to answer to every deluded comment from the religious lunatic fringe. paul ni, saul ko.

God loves you, bro. wink

you must not be talking about that maniacal monster who gave those atrocious orders to his followers in the bible passage quoted above. unless, like i said earlier, you guys own definition of love is utterly warped from the delusion of dogma. god loves me but he's gonna be frying my azz in his imaginary torture chamber of eternal fire. yea right! retards
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Kay17: 4:07pm On Sep 25, 2010
At least, alwaystrue has succeed in derailing the thread.Waiting for a justification for such a genocidal instruction, there is no need for the devil.
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Jenwitemi(m): 7:36pm On Sep 25, 2010
We all already know that the christians worship an evil entity, and so do they. Do not expect the christians to do anything else other than to either derail the thread or avoid it altogether. One can't defend the indefensible.
Kay 17:

At least, alwaystrue has succeed in derailing the thread.Waiting for a justification for such a genocidal instruction, there is no need for the devil.
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 26, 2010
Pastor AIO:

Someone should introduce this guy to Davidylan.
but why? Anyway the thread starter is been banned only God knows y. May be cos of this thread lol
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by mudley312: 10:48pm On Sep 26, 2010
Kay 17:

Word! even Allah's gangsta aint fuckin with I Am's.
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Mudley313: 10:24pm On Oct 03, 2010
God's credentials >>>>>>

by the way, not tryna ridicule any religion o, just quoting n getting my stats directly from the bible itself, like the OP and the chat above. be blessed
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Purist(m): 12:55am On Oct 04, 2010
Funny that the Christians here have deliberately avoided this thread. Be rest assured that those who may still contribute will only find a way to shift focus to the O.P's "motive", and will derail the thread altogether. And this is a part of the reasons why I quit Christianity. I just cannot afford to belong to a belief system that I won't be able to defend 100%; a religion where I'll constantly feel ashamed reading about so many despicable things in my so-called holy book. I honestly don't understand how you guys (christians) manage to wave these things off and still be at peace with your conscience.
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Mudley313: 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2010
Purist:

Funny that the Christians here have deliberately avoided this thread.  Be rest assured that those who may still contribute will only find a way to shift focus to the O.P's "motive", and will derail the thread altogether.  And this is a part of the reasons why I quit Christianity.  I just cannot afford to belong to a belief system that I won't be able to defend 100%; a religion where I'll constantly feel ashamed reading about so many despicable things in my so-called holy book.  I honestly don't understand how you guys (christians) manage to wave these things off and still be at peace with your conscience.

. . .just like this guy in the video below,lol

[center][flash=500,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ-6oLHaCfQ[/flash][/center]
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by UyiIredia(m): 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2010
not long ago u posted an image which derided how humans speak for God >>> u could as well blame the killings on the deluded humans who believed
they were working for sme God

the irony in your posts is how you cast yourself in the mold of an atheist >>> in my own perspective >>> yet you discredit a God you clearly don't believe exists

you are deluded undecided
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 04, 2010
Uyi Iredia:

not long ago u posted an image which derided how humans speak for God >>> u could as well blame the killings on the deluded humans who believed
they were working for sme God

the irony in your posts is how you cast yourself in the mold of an atheist >>> in my own perspective >>> yet you discredit a God you clearly don't believe exists

you are deluded
undecided
Gbam
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Mudley313: 8:58pm On Oct 04, 2010
Uyi Iredia:

not long ago u posted an image which derided how humans speak for God >>> u could as well blame the killings on the deluded humans who believed they were working for sme God

huh? that verse is straight from the bible. are u now saying the humans (your gods chosen) who embarked on such barbaric genocidal killing spree are deluded? Okay

same way i would discredit an allah, a yahweh, a superman or santa claus for the OBVIOUS reason that they all are fictional characters

smh @ you talking to yourself

now can you stop beating around the bush and answer to the subject of the thread if you pls may

[center][/center]
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Purist(m): 4:53am On Oct 05, 2010
@toba:

I am wondering why you did not "Gbam" the first line of his post.
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Purist(m): 5:11am On Oct 05, 2010
@Uyi Iredia

Uyi Iredia:

yet you discredit a God you clearly don't believe exists

The same "delusion" can be attributed to Christians that constantly discredit Allah whom they clearly believe is "false".

Besides, you just contradicted yourself.  Your opening statement suggests that you do not regard the Deuteronomy god to be a true one - "some God", you called him.   This is also evidenced by the "delusion" label you ascribed to the Isrealites for carrying out his supposed instructions.   Then in your second line, a part of which I quoted above, you're displeased that this same god is being discredited, even though you yourself already discredited him/her/it seconds earlier.
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by UyiIredia(m): 1:44pm On Oct 05, 2010
@ Don 'mud' Mudley

smh @ you talking to yourself

*sighs & looks at 'Mud' Mudley's statement with a cold face* undecided

now can you stop beating around the bush and answer to the subject of the thread if you pls may

answer to what topic >>> what u call 'topic' is a mere ranting (and it is on that basis i gave my comment) >>> if want objective answers u need to

make the subject of the topic clear & simple >>> meaning: i don't understand the 'subject' or 'topic' in question

same way i would discredit an allah, a yahweh, a superman or santa claus for the OBVIOUS reason that they all are fictional characters

you forget (or rather 'conveniently ignore') the fact that fictional characters are based on (and deal with) everyday realities that humans, irrespective of race, beliefs, religion can relate to >>> they have verisimilitude >>> besides, i'm a fan of 'old suppie' smiley >>> furthermore, i can bet that u ain't made a post discrediting superman as evil

@ Purist >>> i meant to write 'the same God' NOT 'some' God >>> your presumption is wrong >>> moreover, u clearly don't understand the semantics of my post >>> I never (and will never as a Christian) discredit God_that's the job of (strong) atheists

@ 'Mud' Mudley & Purist >>> lemme rephrase (albeit, a repetition of) my earlier point, for clarity

>>> u clearly don't believe in a god
>>> people attribute actions to a God they believe in
>>> u castigate the 'God' (that u don't believe in_figure out the rest)
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Mudley313: 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2010
Uyi Iredia:

>>> u clearly don't believe in a god
>>> people attribute actions to a God they believe in
>>> u castigate the 'God' (that u don't believe in_figure out the rest)

stop going around in circles. christians castigate allah on the regular even if they dont believe in him so whats your point here?

Now back to topic, can you pls help us explain (or educate us) non-christians of the significance of the above quoted bible verse from your holy book of fairytales ? you never know, you just might have some people converted from it. and while you're at it; also help us explain your gods infatuation with blood sacrifices, murder, rape, slavery n other despicable acts as layed out below. thought he was supposed to be all-loving

no dodging of the subject matter pls

God sends himself to die for himself to allow himself to change a rule he created himself. (Jesus, New Testament)
Abraham preparing to sacrifice his son to God (Genesis 22:1-18)
Kill first-born humans and animals (Exodus 13:2)
More human sacrifice (Leviticus 27:28-29)
Jephthah Burns His Daughter (Judges 11:29-40 NLT)
God Commands Burning Humans (Joshua 7:15 NLT)
Josiah and Human Sacrifice (1 Kings 13:1-2 NLT) (2 Kings 23:20-25 NLT)
Human Sacrifice (Wisdom 3:5-7 NAB The Book of The Wisdom of Solomon is mostly in Catholic versions of the Bible.)
Child Sacrifice (Wisdom 14:21-23 RSV The Book of The Wisdom of Solomon is mostly in Catholic versions of the Bible. This passage condemns human sacrifice but acknowledges that it did happen by early God worshipers.)
Humans are Fuel for Fire (Ezekiel 21:33-37 NAB)
Burn Nonbelievers (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Rape

Murder, rape, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)
Murder, rape and pillage of the Midianites (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)
More Murder Rape and Pillage (Deuteronomy 20:10-14)
Laws of Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)
Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)
David's Punishment - Polygamy, Rape, Baby Killing, and God's "Forgiveness" (2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB)
Rape of Female Captives (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)
Rape and the Spoils of War (Judges 5:30 NAB)
Sex Slaves (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)
God Assists Rape and Plunder (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

Slavery

Slaves are clearly property to be bought and sold like livestock (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)
How Hebrew slaves are to be treated (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)
It is moral to sell your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)
You can beat both male and female slaves with a rod so hard that as long as they don't die right away you are cleared of any wrong doing (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
Slavery is still approved of in the New Testament (Ephesians 6:5 NLT) (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)
Beating slaves who didn't know they did any wrong (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

Murder

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)
Kill Witches (Exodus 22:17 NAB)
Kill Homosexuals (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
Kill Fortunetellers (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)
Death for Hitting Dad (Exodus 21:15 NAB)
Death for Cursing Parents (Proverbs 20:20 NAB) (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)
Death for Adultery (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)
Death for Fornication (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)
Death to Followers of Other Religions (Exodus 22:19 NAB)
Kill Nonbelievers (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)
Kill False Prophets (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)
Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)
Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)
Kill Followers of Other Religions (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB) (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)
Death for Blasphemy (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)
Kill False Prophets (Deuteronomy 13:1-5 NLT) (Deuteronomy 18:20-22 NLT)
Infidels and Gays Should Die (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)
Kill Anyone who Approaches the Tabernacle (Numbers 1:48-51 NLT)
Kill People for Working on the Sabbath (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)
Kill Brats (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)
God Kills the Curious (1Samuel 6:19-20 ASV)
Killed by a Lion (1 Kings 20:35-36 NLT)
Killing the Good Samaritan (2 Samuel 6:3-7 NAB)
Kill Sons of Sinners (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)
God Will Kill Children (Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)
Kill Men, Women, and Children (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)
God Kills all the First Born of Egypt (Exodus 12:29-30 NLT)
Kill Old Men and Young Women (Jeremiah 51:20-26) (Note that after God promises the Israelites a victory against Babylon, the Israelites actually get their butts kicked by them in the next chapter. So much for an all-knowing and all-powerful God.)
God Will Kill the Children of Sinners (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)
More Rape and Baby Killing (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)
More of Samson's Murders (The Lord saves Sampson from standing trial for 30 murders and arson by allowing him to kill 1000 more men.) (Judges 15:14-15 NAB)
Peter Kills Two People (Acts 5:1-11 NLT)
Mass Murder (1 Samuel 15:2-3 NAB)
You Have to Kill (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)
The Danites Kill the Next Town (Joshua 19:47 NAB)
God Kills Some More (Jeremiah 15:1-4 NLT)
God Promises More Killing (Ezekiel 35:7-9 NLT)
The Angel of Death (Exodus 23:23 NAB)
Destruction of Ai (Joshua 8:1-29 NLT)
Killing at Jericho (Joshua 6:20-21 NLT)
God Kills an Extended Family (1 Kings 14:9-16 NLT)
Mass Murder (Judges 20:48 NAB)
The Angel of Death (2 Kings 19:35 NAB)
Kill Your Neighbors (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)
Kill the Family of Sinners (Joshua 7:19-26 Webster's Bible)
Kill Followers of Other Religions (Numbers 25:1-9 NLT)
Murder (1 Kings 18:36-40 NLT)
Kill All of Babylon (Jeremiah 50:21-22 NLT)
Micah Kills a Whole Town (Judges 18:27-29 NLT) (Note that God approves of this slaughter in verse 6.)

I must admit i didnt research this, i found it on the net.
Pretty interesting how forgiving and tolerant your god is.
Got to go rape and kill now, dont worry,god says its cool.
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by UyiIredia(m): 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2010
i'll take the fact that u didn't reply to my comment on fictional characters that u understood clearly what i meant there

stop going around in circles. christians castigate allah on the regular even if they dont believe in him so whats your point here

my point in a sentence >>> You don't have the moral right to castigate a God u don't believe in

besides i think i can safely say that Muslims & Christian as well as other pagan religion followers have something in common

>>> We are Theists >>> We believe in a God(s) but percieve God(s) in different ways as espoused by our various religious practices

personally I don't castigate Allah >>> though u i'll need u to be clear on the context of castigation >>> u talking about castigation
the Muslims, or the use of the word 'Allah' (please be clear)

*more posts coming*
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Mudley313: 2:52pm On Oct 05, 2010
Uyi Iredia:

i'll take the fact that u didn't reply to my comment on fictional characters that u understood clearly what i meant there

smh. as if im obligated to answer everyone of your senseless rants especialy when u have blatantly refused to speak on the subject matter of this thread: your gods despicable command to his people. let me reply it then so dat u can sleep well at night but pls accord me the same by helping me explain the barbarity of the verse in the OP

furthermore, i can bet that u ain't made a post discrediting superman as evil

reply: cos superman is not depicted as EVIL in marvel comics but your god clearly is in your comic book bible

my point in a sentence >>> You don't have the moral right to castigate a God u don't believe in

says who?

n i still keep wondering how quoting directly from your bible amounts to castigation

Uyi Iredia:

*more posts coming*

hope you're going to be sticking with the issues raised in the OP this time if not im done with your deluded self
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Purist(m): 3:17pm On Oct 05, 2010
@Uyi Iredia:

Okay, point noted.

But I still don't get you though.  Are you saying that pointing out the despicable actions of Yahweh as recorded in the Bible is the same as 'castigating' him?  I don't think Mudley made up the story.  It's right there in your bible.

Besides, talking of castigations, I think Mudley's position here is pretty logical.  He does not need to believe in your god before he can speak about him - afterall, this god was written about extensively.  In this case, he's simply discrediting god "as recorded", NOT god "as he disbelieves'.  Afterall, his atheism is NOT based on the Christian god alone.  I'm sure he would so the same if allah were the subject matter.   If a religion is formed from Santa Claus today, even you would do the same.   His supposed 'castigation', the way I see it, is just a sarcastic way of telling you, "Wake up, there's no such thing as god!".
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by UyiIredia(m): 3:27pm On Oct 05, 2010
1st >>> ROFLMHO
>>> he (Superman) has been depicted as evil >>> he as an evil alter-ego Bizarro >>> and on countless occasions Superman has gone rogue
>>> what's even more dangerous is the fact his indecisiveness (for 'good' reasons or 'moral' ground) >>> more often than not causes harm
>>> watch Smallville & see my point (not to mention the fact that he has been depicted as evil in DC comics) >>> Superman isn't
a Marvel character

now to the 'topic' >>> i have to say that your post is verbose >>> i would like to take my time to analyze those scriptures

@ Purist >>> then he should have explicitly wrote "Wake up, there's no such thing as god!" >>> and left no room for ambiguities

>>> state categorically what (phrase) u don't understand
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Purist(m): 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2010
Uyi Iredia:

@ Purist >>> then he should have explicitly wrote "Wake up, there's no such thing as god!" >>> and left no room for ambiguities

He says it everytime, in different ways. . . and this is just one of those ways.

Uyi Iredia:

>>> state categorically what (phrase) u don't understand

I understand your comments. What I don't understand is you yourself. You keep talking about 'casigations' like the story was made up. Or was it?
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by UyiIredia(m): 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2010
@ Purist >>>The concept of freewill completely invalidates any possible existence of an 'omnidespotic', 'omniwicked', 'omnipresent' and 'omnimalevolent' God.  Case closed !!!

>>> deja vu ?  undecided
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Kay17: 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2010
As I correctly predicted, the thread is on the course to derailment. As to castigation of another's religion, its justified if you and that person are on the same planet, it concerns your welfare what beliefs spin in his world. If an person in his head, insists he should blow himself and some people.

Though, I believe there is no god or gods; for the sake of convenience, assume his existence to point out the flaws for his/her nonexistence. To Christians the bible is an inerrant word of god, thus a perfect tool of conveying the almighty's instruction to his chosen creation.

With the high expectation for perfection, the bible has being a constant source of disappointment. Blatant contradictions with scientific knowledge (check out Jacob's genetics), internal contradictions: some conflicting verses and a shock to our moralty.

Assuming the christian god exists, a perfect god at that; his laws of course will be unchanging and the highest level of morality attainable. but this verse cry cry :' merely proves that is the law of a primitive tribe.
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by UyiIredia(m): 5:19pm On Oct 05, 2010
derailment? >>> how so? >>> did I veer of the topic >>> i expressly made it clear that i'll answer the topic the best way i can if
'twas made clear enough

With the high expectation for perfection, the bible has being a constant source of disappointment. Blatant contradictions with scientific knowledge (check out Jacob's genetics), internal contradictions: some conflicting verses and a shock to our morality.

not in my viewpoint  undecided undecided

@ Purist >>> nope !!! (the story wasn't made up) >>> i talk of 'castigations' because God's benevolence is constantly glossed over >>> i believe this post i once made should give my insight into the 'subject Mudley is talking about >>> talkless of the myriad of Christian 'Bibles' & beliefs >>> recently encountered a Christian who believed in Christ >>> but not the Bible >>> click here for more

some 'comments' from the site

@Rick seriously man? I mean, im no Jewish person, but if you really are a believer in the bible and Christ as he is affiliated with it, then you’d see just how funny you sound. Dude, JESUS WAS A JEW! and the one thing i absolutely love about you is your vast knowlege of Jewish people and their impact upon the world. I thought you hated them(?) and man, come on! To truly be able to form your own opinion requires you to (honestly) listen to the opinions of others.

Well , first Sarah, you are a nit-whit! Secondly, you are purely ignorant! And you should thank God you are not Jewish. Yes I am a believer in the Bible and an Ordained Pastor at that. I have studied the word of God for thirty years even back to the Septuagint and the authorized KJV of 1911. Now Sarah, no where in the Bible does God or the angels in heaven call Jesus a Jew. No where in the Bible of the original autographs ( Septuagint) is it ever mentioned that Jesus is a Jew Nor is it mentioned in any Bible from the beginning of time to the KJV or 1611. Only after the 1611 authorized KJV was the Bible interpreted by Rabbi’s that they began substituting the word Judean with the word Jew.

“Was Jesus a Jew? No!

Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, so He was a Judean by birth location (NOT a “Jew” by genetics) and He was from the tribe of Judah, but he lived his life in Nazareth, in “Galilee of the Nations (Gentiles)” so He was a Nazarene. Isa 9:1 ‘

The word “JEW” NEVER appears in the Original Scriptures

The word “Jew.”

Look in a Concordance, Strong’s Concordance is a popular, commonly used one. The word “Jew” (#2453 in the Greek) is actually short for the word Judean, or more accurately Ioudas, pronounced ee-oo-dah-yos. The letter “J” is not present in the New Testament Greek alphabet. The English alphabet had no “J” prior to the 14th century, and it wasn’t predominantly used until the 17th century.

Since the word “Jew” is an English concoction that did not exist at the time of the writing of the New Testament, we know that it actually is the word “Judean” or “Judahite.” The King James Bible in 1611, for example, used the word Iudea, not our present “Judea”, and it was pronounced you-dee-a. So the word “Jew” is short for the word “Judean” or “Judahite,” meaning either a resident of a particular area – Judea, the southern part of Canaan, later known as Palestine or a worshiper of the God whose presence was in the temple in Jerusalem in Judea. The word “Jew” or more properly “Judean” had nothing to do with ethnicity.

The English word Jew evolved phonetically from the prefix ‘Iou, from the Greek word ‘Ioudas which means Judean. Judea is the same as Judah.

http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/spiritual/home_study/new_religion1.htm

Read John :* and see how Jesus hated the Jews. Remember that Jesus was GOD IN THE FLESH, for the bible says so. Emanual means “god with us” and other scriptures point out that Jesus was God in the flesh. Jesus hate the Jews so much he told them that they could never come to heaven, that they are of their father satan, they are liars and theives, murderers, and in Jonhn he also questions the lie that they state they are from Abraham. He even said, ” If you were the seed of Abraham then you would do as Abraham does, but now you seek to kill me. he tells the Jews that they are incapable of hearing His word because they are not of GOD, that they are Satan’s seed.

“This ‘big lie’ technique is brainwashing United States Christians into believing that Jesus Christ was “King of the Jews”, in the sense that so-called ‘Jews’ today call themselves ‘Jews’. This reference was first made in English translations of the Old and New Testaments, centuries before the so-called Jews highjacked the word ‘Jew’ in the 18th century A.D. to palm themselves off on the Christian world as having a kinship with Jesus Christ. This alleged kinship comes from the myth of their common ancestry with the so-called ‘Jews’ of the Holy Land in the Old Testament history, a fiction based on fable.”

In spite of the powerful propaganda effort of the so-called “Jews”, they have been unable to prove in recorded history that there is one record, prior to that period, of a race religion or nationality, referred to as “Jew”. The religious sect in Judea, in the time of Jesus, to which self-styled “Jews” today refer to as “Jews”, were known as “Pharisees”. “Judaism” today and “Pharisaism” in the time of Jesus are the same.

Many denominational Christians and even church leaders are under the mistaken belief that Jesus was a Jew. But nothing could be further from the truth.

Judea and Galilee were two separate states and political entities, as illustrated on the map of Palestine in the time of our Saviour in your Bible. Jesus Himself was not a Jew (Judean) or resident of Judea, He was a Galilean or resident of Galilee (Matthew 26:69; John 7:41), and a Judahite or descendent of the Tribe of Judah. The Judeans of prominence were not of the Tribe of Judah, but of Edomites. Pilate was being ironic when he wrote the sign “Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Judeans” for the Cross (John 19:19). That is, “the Galilean who was King of the Judeans,” as in “Queen Victoria of England, Empress of India.” Jesus grew up in Nazareth in Galilee. His disciples were fishermen from the Sea of Galilee. And although He visited Jerusalem, he spent most of His life in his home country of Galilee. John 7:1, “After this Jesus stayed in Galilee; for He could not walk in Judea, because the Jews sought to kill him.” His followers were constrained “for fear of the Jews” (John 7:13, 19:38, 20:19).

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/jesusjew.htm

In John 8;47 Jesus tells the Jews ” He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear [them] not, because ye are not of God. ”

Did you get that ? He tells the Jews they are NOT OF GOD!

If Jesus then is a Jew then He also is not of GOD

In Titus the Bible tells us that we must never listen to anything that comes from the mouth of a Jew or their Rabbis. That we must REBUKE the Jews daily. That they tell fables and myths continually. Whose mouths must be stopped, they are vain talkers, decievers, especially those of the circumcision ( i.e. Jews)
, and especially how they would pervert
or there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision and how they pervert the truth. Are you saying that Jesus will pervert His own truth, is a liar, vain talker, and that he must be rebuked daily because he tells fables? c’mon get a life and tell your Pastor how stupid he is. Tell him Pastor Rick said he is an idiot and he is a phony!!! Or maybe it’s just you whom is the idiot.
[ Tts 1:11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
[ Tts 1:12 One of themselves, [even] a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians [are] alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.
] Tts 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that pervert the truth

Here also is Gods word telling you that the Jews are not the chosen nor is Jesus a Jew.

1Th 2:14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they [have] of the Jews:
1Th 2:15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and the prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

Yep, the Jews killed the prophets and Jesus. Why didn’t the Bible say the Jews killed the Jew Jesus? Instead the Bible wanted you to know that it was the Jews who killed Jesus. Not the Romans as the Jews would have you believe. Did you also know that nowhere in the original transcripts of the Bible that there is no such scripture as Jesus crying out to God after the Jews murdered him , “Forgive them Father for they know not what they do.” That was added by the Jews in the late 1700′s to make you believe they were forgiven and that they killed one of their own not yours.

Finally Jesus stated to the Jews. ” 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of your world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Here Jesus is stated to the Jews that if His servants were present that they would have fought and killed every Jew so that Jesus would not have been delivered unto the Jews for crucifiction and the murder of Jesus. This is a statement by Jesus that only the Jews were present when He was murdered. Them He tells the Jews in the final sentence ” my kingdom is not from hence.” Meaning He is telling the Jews that His kingdom is not of them nor is he of them. He is stating that He is not the source of them nor are they the source of Him.

1. What Kind of
Style is
“Retrosexual?”

Main Entry: hence
Pronunciation: \ˈhen(t)s\
Function: adverb
Etymology: Middle English hennes, henne, from Old English heonan; akin to Old High German hinnan away, Old English hēr here
Date: 13th century

1 : from this place : away
2 a archaic : henceforth b : from this time
3 : because of a preceding fact or premise : therefore
4 : from this source or origin

So little girl , get a brain and learn to decipher the truth. Tell your Pastor or Preacher to quit lying to you and tell the truth of the Bible.If not then tell him to get a real education and learn how to read and divide Gods word as we are commanded to do. Then he would be able to tell his flock the truth. As for you. You have a computer, there is no reason for you to be this ignorant in this day and age.

The word neighbor does not mean a fellow human or the person who lives next to you. In the Biblical/ Godly sense it meant “race. Mainly the white race. I prove to you a hundred times over that the Bible was written specifically for the white peoples only.  shocked This I can do with the Bibles own scripture.

“At the time this Commandment was written, anyone who was not a “neighbor” was an enemy. This was the law of tribal life. The boundaries and property of clans had to be vigilantly watched and jealously guarded. It was essential to the solidarity of the tribe that all band together for the common good.

According to Hebrew ( white Anglo Saccsons) law, only a brother Hebrew ( white ) is a neighbor. In another interpretation of this very Commandment, brother and neighbor are synonymous terms which do not apply to anyone outside the clan. [*1]

The word “neighbor,” as used in this Commandment, unmistakably meant a fellow tribesman, a compatriot, and did not, nor was it ever intended to describe a fellow human being in a universal sense. This is verified not only by leading Biblical authorities, such as the Rev. Henry Sloane Coffin, who says that “the Israelites did not apply this Commandment to their dealings with other people,” but by the Bible itself.

When properly understood in the light of primitive culture, this Commandment is in perfect harmony as to its origin and meaning with Page 539 the other portions of the Decalogue. The authors of the Decalogue could not have formulated it differently; they were mentally incapable of embodying a Commandment with the broader principle of universal application. All the Commandments belong in the same category and were promulgated for one purpose — to prevent injury to the clan and to promote tribal solidarity for the sake of their Deity’s approval.”

i could as well ask which of the Christian God(s) or Bibles is being referred to (by Mudley), howbeit, i would risk being circular
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by Mudley313: 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2010
now to the 'topic' >>> i have to say that your post is verbose >>> i would like to take my time to analyze those scriptures

well, do that before coming back to reply to the thread n making a complete fool out of yourself

Uyi Iredia:

1st >>> ROFLMHO
>>> he (Superman) has been depicted as evil >>> he as an evil alter-ego Bizarro >>> and on countless occasions Superman has gone rogue
>>> what's even more dangerous is the fact his indecisiveness (for 'good' reasons or 'moral' ground) >>> more often than not causes harm
>>> watch Smallville & see my point (not to mention the fact that he has been depicted as evil in DC comics) >>> Superman isn't
a Marvel character

you seem to know more about superman than u know of your god n whats written in his/her/its holy book. wish you had broken down the above quoted verse in the OP as you just did the life and times of superman, we wouldn't be in this back n forth quagmire by now. as i said earlier, u even could gain some new converts from your explanation; you never know

Uyi Iredia:

@ Purist >>>The concept of freewill completely invalidates any possible existence of an 'omnidespotic', 'omniwicked', 'omnipresent' and 'omnimalevolent' God.  Case closed !!!

>>> deja vu ?  undecided

Uyi Iredia:

@ Purist >>> nope !!! (the story wasn't made up) >>> i talk of 'castigations' because God's benevolence is constantly glossed over >>> i believe this post i once made should give my insight into the 'subject Mudley is talking about >>> talkless of the myriad of Christian 'Bibles' & beliefs >>> recently encountered a Christian who believed in Christ >>> but not the Bible >>> click here for more

i could as well ask which of the Christian God(s) or Bibles is being referred to (by Mudley), howbeit, i would risk being circular

smh @ this confusionist
Re: Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord by UyiIredia(m): 5:59pm On Oct 05, 2010
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Most Popular Name In The World / Youth Success Camp 12 / Woman Shunned By Jehovah Witnesses Kills Self, Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.