Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,534 members, 7,808,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Is Road Travel To Ghana Ok? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Road Travel To Ghana Ok? (3245 Views)

Is Interstates Road Travel At Night Safe In Nigeria? / Traveling To Ghana Via Abc Transport / Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Road Travel To Ghana Ok? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 24, 2010
I may be going to Ghana soon so i want to know if transport to ghana by road is safe and good? what are the challenges involved?
Re: Is Road Travel To Ghana Ok? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 25, 2010
no reply?
Re: Is Road Travel To Ghana Ok? by xreal: 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2010
Yes it is.
Do you plan driving there, or by public transport?
Re: Is Road Travel To Ghana Ok? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 25, 2010
@ xreal by public transport.
Re: Is Road Travel To Ghana Ok? by xreal: 6:03pm On Sep 25, 2010
babaearly:

@ xreal by public transport.

better, since it appears to be you first trip there by road.
You may board (direct) from 'Mile 2'.
No prbs at all.
Re: Is Road Travel To Ghana Ok? by AjanleKoko: 7:00pm On Sep 25, 2010
ABC I know goes to Ghana.
I don't think you need a passport if you travel with them, as opposed to when you fly.
I'm looking to drive down there around Christmas time, with some friends. I hear there are some beaches on the Togo coastline worth exploring. What I decided to do is travel with ABC just to understand the route, then I'll drive down there myself. Should be doing the ABC journey in November.
Re: Is Road Travel To Ghana Ok? by xreal: 7:17pm On Sep 25, 2010
AjanleKoko:

ABC I know goes to Ghana.
I don't think you need a passport if you travel with them, as opposed to when you fly.
I'm looking to drive down there around Christmas time, with some friends. I hear there are some beaches on the Togo coastline worth exploring. What I decided to do is travel with ABC just to understand the route, then I'll drive down there myself. Should be doing the ABC journey in November.
There's really no need for a passport, but if you got one, do take it along. You'ld have to pay at the borders if you r nt with a passport.
Re: Is Road Travel To Ghana Ok? by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 26, 2010
xreal:

There's really no need for a passport, but if you got one, do take it along. You'ld have to pay at the borders if you r nt with a passport.

Even with ABC? and what amount to pay?
Re: Is Road Travel To Ghana Ok? by xreal: 8:22am On Sep 26, 2010
Even with ABC.
Authorities(government) at the borders may ask everyone on board(excluding driver) to 'cross' on foot, then you 'ld have to present your passport or pay N500. Note:
1) you got NO busness with touts at the borders.
2) you'ld cross through 3 borders.
Re: Is Road Travel To Ghana Ok? by OmoAlata(f): 2:48pm On Sep 26, 2010
How long does it take? The last time we went by flight - Lagos to Ghana, it took about an hour!!

I'd like to travel by road next time grin
Re: Is Road Travel To Ghana Ok? by unipol(m): 6:46pm On Sep 26, 2010
how much will it cost by road and by air?
Re: Is Road Travel To Ghana Ok? by xreal: 9:15am On Sep 27, 2010
Omo Alata:

How long does it take? The last time we went by flight - Lagos to Ghana, it took about an hour!!

I'd like to travel by road next time grin

the REAL FUN is experienced traveling by road, you need to see those sexy girls on their power bikes -overtake your vehicle.
There are lots and
lots to behold in those french countries; including that 5-star hotel in Togo owned by one of our Generals.

It's a 9/10 hour journey, it cost btwn 5 - 7k (naira), depends on 'taste'.
Re: Is Road Travel To Ghana Ok? by Akaraiwe(m): 10:24pm On Oct 10, 2010
Board ABC at amuwo odofin 5-7k,Young Shall Grow motors at mazamaza,same price,there is a little charge if u do not have a passport.
Better still book online in advance with www.flyaero.com you could fly for less than 15k
Re: Is Road Travel To Ghana Ok? by kenlala: 8:01am On Oct 11, 2010
travelling to accra ghana nextweek,could someone suggest a nice moderate hotel for me?
Re: Is Road Travel To Ghana Ok? by octus2008(m): 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2010
go to ghanaweb.com.click on hotels section u will be glad u did,but if u are going by ABC just opposite the park on Avenor there is caprice Hotel for like 25 GHcedis per night(2k5) grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jakpa: Nurse Sister Now Stuck . Help ! / I Have Been Given 250k To Travel Should I Invest It Here Or Travel Out To Uk / Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.