Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (964704 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kunlinha: 8:44am On May 30, 2016
Cc auhanson, gazzuz, eyop, cne010, danfuster. Please I'm in need of assistance from you auto experts. My C230 2007 transmission is in limp mode & suggestions are needed on how to resolve it. Thank you
kingreign:

Same size actually, but now its no more glass lamp but polycarbonate a form of plastic.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kunlinha: 8:56am On May 30, 2016
I am very interested in joining the Benz WhatsApp group. Nos is 08065502933
Jazzlite:

all added to the benz whatsapp group.... please remove your numbers
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 8:58am On May 30, 2016
Kunlinha:
Cc auhanson, gazzuz, eyop, cne010, danfuster. Please I'm in need of assistance from you auto experts. My C230 2007 transmission is in limp mode & suggestions are needed on how to resolve it. Thank you

What's your location?
You need a scan to know why the car is in a limp mode, also, is your car a c230 sports 7G tronic 722.9 transmission?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kunlinha: 9:15am On May 30, 2016
I'm in Apo Abuja, Not so versed in vehicle spec. Just know it's a c230 sport 2007 model.Just got it, The guy drove it all the way down from Ilorin without hassles. It was when I met him and started the car the issue came up
kingreign:

What's your location?
You need a scan to know why the car is in a limp mode, also, is your car a c230 sports 7G tronic 722.9 transmission?

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 9:40am On May 30, 2016
Kunlinha:
I'm in Apo Abuja, Not so versed in vehicle spec. Just know it's a c230 sport 2007 model.Just got it, The guy drove it all the way down from Ilorin without hassles. It was when I met him and started the car the issue came up

If you've not bought it, avoid it, if you've bought it. Find a way to return it and get a refund.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ceejay963(m): 10:01am On May 30, 2016
kingreign:

I'm afraid you may be in for some challenges in the future to come with that car if it wasn't properly done. Hope you've got the guts to pull thru when it eventually does?

PS: I'm not wishing you evil, but from experiences of others I say this.

You are a great guy ...it was in a limp mode for sometimes and the hammer was changed
real benz techicians seem scarce... Thank you mi guy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ceejay963(m): 10:31am On May 30, 2016
Please I dont understand y the 4 rims carry AMG and the service records in the records and other stuff of history that I have no attempts at modification
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nonnycyn: 11:52am On May 30, 2016
hello peeps!...i drive a 2008 ML350 4matic. please where can i buy a reliable and original brake pad in lagos and how much will it cost?

Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mophic123: 6:26pm On May 30, 2016
mophic123:
pls can anyone with meaning of logo in between low range and oil indicator
Then also d meaning of low range
pls I need to d what that logo stand for

pls respond now
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 6:31pm On May 30, 2016
ceejay963:
Please I dont understand y the 4 rims carry AMG and the service records in the records and other stuff of history that I have no attempts at modification

The AMG styled wheels are just aftermarket purchase, as for the Service records, I recommend you go thru your owners manual.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by karama22(m): 6:47pm On May 30, 2016
pls can some1 tell me the price of this components. is inside gear box GL 550 jeep. pls u can inbox me via bashir19804@gmail.com thanks

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 01, 2016
cne010 I asked for your advise a long time ago but didn't hear back sad (Dont know if you remember. Its the Naija car that had the air suspension problem)
We finally got some parts here and shipped them to Nigeria. It was not a cheap job in the end, but these things do happen.

Meanwhile It seems only guys are allowed on here grin although I don't blame you guys though, and after driving my hubbys car for a week I accept defeat and have been begging him to take his car back before I get into trouble with this very jumpy jumpy car. Small tap on the accelerator and the car has jumped 10 yards forward. There is a lot of power under that bonnet and the car has turned me into a baby driver embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2016
tearoses:
cne010 I asked for your advise a long time ago but didn't hear back sad (Dont know if you remember. Its the Naija car that had the air suspension problem)
We finally got some parts here and shipped them to Nigeria. It was not a cheap job in the end, but these things do happen.

Meanwhile It seems only guys are allowed on here grin although I don't blame you guys though, and after driving my hubbys car for a week I accept defeat and have been begging him to take his car back before I get into trouble with this very jumpy jumpy car. Small tap on the accelerator and the car has jumped 10 yards forward. There is a lot of power under that bonnet and the car has turned me into a baby driver embarassed

I never knew you were lady, good to know the Beast is up and running. Seems you are not into fast cars you should enjoy the jumpy feeling of the V8 power.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
cne010:

I never knew you were lady, good to know the Beast is up and running. Seems you are not into fast cars you should enjoy the jumpy feeling of the V8 power.

LOL
That beast is not up and running yet
The parts are still in transit
This is another beast

Hubby said he needs 10 people to beg him before he takes his jumpy jumpy car back
I will consider you as one of those 10. Help me beg am o
Maybe I should just report my own car stolen to the police and they will retrieve it off him grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 01, 2016
tearoses:

LOL
That beast is not up and running yet
The parts are still in transit
This is another beast

Hubby said he needs 10 people to beg him before he takes his jumpy jumpy car back
I will consider you as one of those 10. Help me beg am o
Maybe I should just report my own car stolen to the police and they will retrieve it off him grin

Lol lets start a class action we need 10 signatures. What's the jumpy car in question?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 18wheeler: 7:59pm On Jun 01, 2016
Please I need to flush the transmission oil of my 2004 C240. Can anyone recommend the appropriate oil for this model? I need 8 liters to be supplied to the northeast. Please email me on luttie06@yahoo.com to discuss price and shipment. I need it ASAP.
thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tommy79: 11:16am On Jun 04, 2016
I'm new on this benz forum platform....i need a candid counsel on 2007 benz c280.which one can I go for between rear wheel and 4matic? How reliable is this car?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tommy79: 11:23am On Jun 04, 2016
How reliable is 2007 benz c280 on Nigerian Road? And like I ask which one will be reliable between rear wheel drive and 4matic drive as regards to maintenance and fuel consumption? I need a counsel on this
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 04, 2016
Hello,
Please, I need advice: Is a C180, 1999/2000 model a good ride as a first car? I've been looking at a Honda baby boy cos I've heard it's good in terms of fuel consumption and maintenance, but I really, really like Mercedes and would love to get one.

Please and please share any insight that might be of help.

Thank you.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mechco: 10:12am On Jun 05, 2016
yes MECREDES BENZ car of the moment l love benz and am proud to be a mecredes benz TECHNICIAN with model day equipment that makes benz wk easy

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mechco: 11:15am On Jun 05, 2016
anybody who have issue with he/her MECREDES BENZ or technical questions should ask me on 08096895925 or WhatsApp 08056721256

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 05, 2016
tommy79:
I'm new on this benz forum platform....i need a candid counsel on 2007 benz c280.which one can I go for between rear wheel and 4matic? How reliable is this car?

I would advice the rear wheel drive cos the suspension parts are cheaper and to me more fun to throw around. Both cars are reliable remember you're getting a facelifted version.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 05, 2016
koonbey:
Hello,
Please, I need advice: Is a C180, 1999/2000 model a good ride as a first car? I've been looking at a Honda baby boy cos I've heard it's good in terms of fuel consumption and maintenance, but I really, really like Mercedes and would love to get one.

Please and please share any insight that might be of help.

Thank you.

I can assure the C180 is more economical and a better car than the baby boy and the maintenance is pretty cheap.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 06, 2016
cne010:

I can assure the C180 is more economical and a better car than the baby boy and the maintenance is pretty cheap.
Really? That's good to know. Thank you very much.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 7:19am On Jun 07, 2016
Its heart breaking when I see wrong badges on Benz.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 14, 2016
cne010:

Lol lets start a class action we need 10 signatures. What's the jumpy car in question?

Glory be to God
I got my car back Yay!
Jumpy car returned to jumpy owner in one piece grin grin
Its a C220

In all honesty its a lovely car and little little useful things such as gear change indicator, the fuel tank location arrow & seat belt tension to fit you exactly
I am sure a woman designed it grin
I might get one later
Emphasis on the might O! grin

Oga that suspension issue on the other one is costing over 500K o! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Ha!!!!!!!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by maleq(m): 11:13am On Jun 14, 2016
tdie:
dats d model i want 2 get!
any known probs?

SUCKS FUEL LIKE MAD!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 2:01pm On Jun 14, 2016
karama22:
pls can some1 tell me the price of this components. is inside gear box GL 550 jeep. pls u can inbox me via bashir19804@gmail.com thanks

That's a torque converter. For such a big truck bearing a 772.9 transmission, you have to budget close to 50,000 if care isn't taken. What year model is your engine?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 3:32am On Jun 15, 2016
tearoses:

Glory be to God
I got my car back Yay!
Jumpy car returned to jumpy owner in one piece grin grin
Its a C220

In all honesty its a lovely car and little little useful things such as gear change indicator, the fuel tank location arrow & seat belt tension to fit you exactly
I am sure a woman designed it grin
I might get one later
Emphasis on the might O! grin

Oga that suspension issue on the other one is costing over 500K o! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Ha!!!!!!!

I don't understand how a C220 would be jumpy?? The exchange rate won't help the price of the components.

How many suspension are you changing?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 15, 2016
cne010:

I don't understand how a C220 would be jumpy?? The exchange rate won't help the price of the components.

How many suspension are you changing?

I dont know too...Maybe because its new or maybe because mine takes off slower or maybe because its diesel. I dont know jare. I am a girl embarassed
Suspension problem on both sides, In fairness one side was dropping but because it was intermittent and we don't drive it often we left it, until kpaka the other one just went. Kai Baba embarrassment on the Lagos Ibadan expresseway all dressed up for party in Abeokuta grin

At the point at which the thing totally packed up it the car only a few cm off the ground. Dashboard sef complaining "Stop car too low" Like we didn't already know undecided

Exchange rate is affecting everything o!
Even the Okro seller has put her prices up
Customer no vex, na dollar Ooooooooo! grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:26am On Jun 16, 2016
tearoses:

I dont know too...Maybe because its new or maybe because mine takes off slower or maybe because its diesel. I dont know jare. I am a girl embarassed
Suspension problem on both sides, In fairness one side was dropping but because it was intermittent and we don't drive it often we left it, until kpaka the other one just went. Kai Baba embarrassment on the Lagos Ibadan expresseway all dressed up for party in Abeokuta grin

At the point at which the thing totally packed up it the car only a few cm off the ground. Dashboard sef complaining "Stop car too low" Like we didn't already know undecided

Exchange rate is affecting everything o!
Even the Okro seller has put her prices up
Customer no vex, na dollar Ooooooooo! grin

Diesel cars are very torquey if you notice it doesn't have high Revs like most cars that get to 8000Rpm and if it is also new it means those rampaging german horses haven't escaped yet, when the suspension is fixed try to drive the car more often.

Its really tough getting parts cos I'm giving my car a treat I'm upgrading some parts, repainting it and putting quad pipes with mufflers to give it that AMG grunt and sound.

I'm gunning for the look below, I even wanted to paint my car from gray to red but my GF threaten to break up with me lol.. none of my friends like the color red on the W204 and I love it so I'm settling for the color black tho and I'm getting the 2012 LED Tail light.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 16, 2016
cne010:

Diesel cars are very torquey if you notice it doesn't have high Revs like most cars that get to 8000Rpm and if it is also new it means those rampaging german horses haven't escaped yet, when the suspension is fixed try to drive the car more often.

Its really tough getting parts cos I'm giving my car a treat I'm upgrading some parts, repainting it and putting quad pipes with mufflers to give it that AMG grunt and sound.

I'm gunning for the look below, I even wanted to paint my car from gray to red but my GF threaten to break up with me lol.. none of my friends like the color red on the W204 and I love it so I'm settling for the color black tho and I'm getting the 2012 LED Tail light.

You guys and your toys sha
Grunt ke . . .What do you need 4 exhausts for nitori Olorun grin grin grin grin
Yes pls do go for colour black
I Love black cars and the way they gleam after a polish. So long as you promise to give your gf quality time and dont spend all of Saturday polishing the beast you can go for black grin
Not so sure about red on a Merc
Red Mercs look somehow to me so I'm with your gf on this one grin

Re the suspension, people have said that we need to drive it more
This is the problem
We only use the car max 40 days a year if at all
Everytime we get to the car its one thing or another cos its always parked during the year and only warmed once every 2 or 3 weeks
Warmed.....not driven.
Its a catch 22 situation
Give someone the key to drive it around from time to time but it may end up in a worse state.

Ive never understood why a car with low mileage will end up misbehaving due to lack of use
Couple of years ago the timing belt went on my BMW that had only done 50K miles
Engine totally caput
Engine replaced but it never really recovered so I had to flog it
Lack of use was blamed angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.