Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,399 members, 7,781,152 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:52 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (953367 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by DEJAVUBOY4: 11:59am On Jul 11, 2017
sheunpompey1:

Just be careful of 4matic... All others are good on Nigerian roads ....
U will need to sit inside and test drive before making any purchase now...
Good luck

please apart From that....what else do i lookout for.... im in cotonu now trying to get one as of now but i want to be patient enough. i saw many 4matic but as u said that i should stay away from 4matic..... what mileage is better to avoid ESL or EIS? i dont wanna get a car above 90k mileage....

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tsiriman(m): 3:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
DEJAVUBOY4:

please apart From that....what else do i lookout for.... im in cotonu now trying to get one as of now but i want to be patient enough. i saw many 4matic but as u said that i should stay away from 4matic..... what mileage is better to avoid ESL or EIS? i dont wanna get a car above 90k mileage....

Has the border been opened?

How much were they going for, what is the range?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by makurch: 3:18am On Jul 12, 2017
cne010:

Nice car I used to have one, I had the 2009 C350 I barely had used issues it, I would advice you get the Non 4matic since you're looking cheap maintenance and Comprehensive insurance is a must cos the aesthetic parts are pretty pricey.

Rear wheel drive ones don't have front shafts and the suspension parts are cheaper than the 4matics, The 4matics suspension parts cost sometimes twice as much as the rear wheel driven ones. I was lucky I didn't have the EIS problem.

I travelled a lot with mine it was a joy to drive and very compact.
The cars are pretty low so you need to drive carefully and slowly over bad roads.
I only changed the rear shocks during my year of ownership.
Can we talk on whatsapp privately man?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:16am On Jul 12, 2017
makurch:

Can we talk on whatsapp privately man?

My whatsapp number is in my signature.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 6:29am On Jul 12, 2017
DEJAVUBOY4:

your type will end up with a car of more than 300k miles rolled back to 80k. U people have adamantly refused to enlighten yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 6:32am On Jul 12, 2017
debeo:

Thanks
Just that production of 202 ended 2000, you know cars can only be 15 years before they can be imported.

I'm looking at 2006, C230 or if I can get any tokunbo locally I will like to start with the last 202 series, maybe 1999 or 2000 c200 or 180.
2005/2006 C230 compressor is very superb. Got one with 134k mileage last week in Dallas. Go for C230 1.8l supercharged engine. U will love it.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 6:41am On Jul 12, 2017
DEJAVUBOY4:
please i wanna purchase a benz nd my budget is 4.5m-5m.....i wanna go For the C-class.... i have few questions:
1. im 6"4 by height. do i fit in? i drove both 2005 and 2007 honda accord which was at all not a problem with my height.

2. please which benz should i go for C350 or C300 and what year btwn 2008 -2011 is preferable nd has less problem and arnd what mileage im i safe with. i dont travel much(once in a blue moon). i read something about EIS nd ESL. please advice me cuz im going to the car mart tomorrow.
if u do your research online, u will notice that 08 c class is prone to transmission failure between 70k and 100k miles. So do well to buy one well above that. Either it has failed and has been replaced under warranty or it wasn't part of the ones plagued with that error.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by debeo: 1:57pm On Jul 12, 2017
chukel:
2005/2006 C230 compressor is very superb. Got one with 134k mileage last week in Dallas. Go for C230 1.8l supercharged engine. U will love it.

Gbam!!!!!
You just nailed it!

Am going for 2006 1.8l compressor.

Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by makurch: 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
cne010:

My whatsapp number is in my signature.
Can't find it in your profile,sir.

Please who uses an E class 2005 - 2009 models? I guess that benz of those years are very reliable?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Damolux01(m): 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2017
debeo:

Gbam!!!!!
You just nailed it!

Am going for 2006 1.8l compressor.

Thanks
If you're in Lagos...You can check one out for sale. It's a few months 9ja used...Cleaner than Toks sef.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Damolux01(m): 10:17pm On Jul 12, 2017
chukel:
Is it true that the American specs are cheaper than German specs?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by DEJAVUBOY4: 10:59pm On Jul 12, 2017
chukel:
if u do your research online, u will notice that 08 c class is prone to transmission failure between 70k and 100k miles. So do well to buy one well above that. Either it has failed and has been replaced under warranty or it wasn't part of the ones plagued with that error.

Is a 2010 c350 a better model? and you mean i shld buy above 100k mileage?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by DEJAVUBOY4: 11:02pm On Jul 12, 2017
chukel:
your type will end up with a car of more than 300k miles rolled back to 80k. U people have adamantly refused to enlighten yourselves.

man i dont speak sarcasm. i asked for opinions nd i didnt come here to be talked upon. im a Honda driver and its my first time diving into benz products. so i thought asking people will help me and save me. sorry for dumb questions. still at cotonu nd ive not yet purchased anything than depositing 500k which i still have a chance to choose any car i want. Day 3

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:11am On Jul 13, 2017
makurch:

Can't find it in your profile,sir.

Please who uses an E class 2005 - 2009 models? I guess that benz of those years are very reliable?

Yes I think from 2006 the ones without the EBS.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 13, 2017
DEJAVUBOY4:

Technically a 2010 should have about that mileage, the average calculation is 15000 miles per year. so 15000x7= 105k

Get a clean history car make sure you run the Vin. I personally would rather buy a well driven Benz than a garage kept.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by computerglobal(m): 3:50am On Jul 13, 2017
For Comprehensive Vin checks and Report History
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal
Sms Your Vin To 08060365068
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by DEJAVUBOY4: 7:13am On Jul 13, 2017
cne010:

Technically a 2010 should have about that mileage, the average calculation is 15000 miles per year. so 15000x7= 105k

Get a clean history car make sure you run the Vin. I personally would rather buy a well driven Benz than a garage kept.

plz can i av ur BB pin so i can chat better with you?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 7:38am On Jul 13, 2017
DEJAVUBOY4:

man i dont speak sarcasm. i asked for opinions nd i didnt come here to be talked upon. im a Honda driver and its my first time diving into benz products. so i thought asking people will help me and save me. sorry for dumb questions. still at cotonu nd ive not yet purchased anything than depositing 500k which i still have a chance to choose any car i want. Day 3
sorry guy. I tried replying ur pm, keeps bouncing back. Drop ur number lemme add u on WhatsApp.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 7:42am On Jul 13, 2017
DEJAVUBOY4:

yes. 2010 is better. The transmission error was corrected. U can go for a low mileage on that one. But please always run a check on the VIN
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by computerglobal(m): 9:24am On Jul 13, 2017
For Vin checks and Report History
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by DEJAVUBOY4: 10:07am On Jul 13, 2017
chukel:
sorry guy. I tried replying ur pm, keeps bouncing back. Drop ur number lemme add u on WhatsApp.

sent
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 11:48am On Jul 13, 2017
computerglobal:
For Vin checks and Report History

how do u do this. Anywhere there is mention of VIN, u r there
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by computerglobal(m): 11:54am On Jul 13, 2017
chukel:
how do u do this. Anywhere there is mention of VIN, u r there

Boss
Good Observation
Welldone Sir cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by debeo: 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2017
Damolux01:
If you're in Lagos...You can check one out for sale. It's a few months 9ja used...Cleaner than Toks sef.

Your digits or email?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Damolux01(m): 5:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
debeo:

Your digits or email?
Signature below....
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 44chux(m): 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2017
debeo:

I seriously don't want to believe it is spiritual, am a realist!
I've discovered that Japmobile parts wear faster than German cars.
Your problem was a bad mechanic that used trial and error. I have seen people aution there car because of a misdiagnosed brainbox problem.

This is the reason why people generally buy same cars their neighbours or colleagues are already driving in the hopes that the mechanics have already used those cars for trial and error while the owner would have discovered the best skilled mech for the car.

OEM Japanese parts lasts almost as long as the merc parts do.
The challenge is that we buy generic parts as "follow come" due to affordability. Due to limited size of market for Mercedes parts and the higher buying power of the class of society that usually go for it, there are more branded merc parts which is why they are more expensive and more durable.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by barrydee(m): 11:58pm On Jul 15, 2017
Good day guys, I own a Honda car which has been serving me for 3years now but it's not giving me what I want in terms of torque, acceleration, balance and speed. I have a friend who wants to sell off his 2002 Mercedes Benz w203 C230 kompressor. I fell in love with this beast when i test drove it today cuz the power was awesome. It made me feel like I owned the road. Germans are crazy mhennnnnn.....

Before going for it, I would like to know if it's a reliable car, is the fuel consumption ok (it's an i4 supercharged engine)? how about the electrical issues common with German cars? plz Benz enthusiasts I need your advice. thanks

PS: here is a pic of the type of Benz I'm talking about

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jakumo(m): 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2017
The C Class Merc shown in your picture tends to catch fire due to an electrical short circuit that occurs behind the left rear tail-light. Quite a few of these cars have burnt to ashes due to this well known design flaw.

Also, that puny little 2 liter four-cylinder engine is woefully under-powered. If you MUST get this model car, go for the 320 model at least, so you have a 6-cylinder engine to propel that body at a more reasonable pace.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 10:54pm On Jul 16, 2017
Jakumo:
The C Class Merc shown in your picture tends to catch fire due to an electrical short circuit that occurs behind the left rear tail-light. Quite a few of these cars have burnt to ashes due to this well known design flaw.

Also, that puny little 2 liter four-cylinder engine is woefully under-powered. If you MUST get this model car, go for the 320 model at least, so you have a 6-cylinder engine to propel that body at a more reasonable pace.
How many of the cars have you seen on fire?
Do you have any proof to back up ur claim?
I will agree with u that d 320 V6 is more powerful but the kompressors are not under powered... they perform just as designed, there is no flaw in design anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 10:57pm On Jul 16, 2017
barrydee:
Good day guys, I own a Honda car which has been serving me for 3years now but it's not giving me what I want in terms of torque, acceleration, balance and speed. I have a friend who wants to sell off his 2002 Mercedes Benz w203 C230 kompressor. I fell in love with this beast when i test drove it today cuz the power was awesome. It made me feel like I owned the road. Germans are crazy mhennnnnn.....

Before going for it, I would like to know if it's a reliable car, is the fuel consumption ok (it's an i4 supercharged engine)? how about the electrical issues common with German cars? plz Benz enthusiasts I need your advice. thanks

PS: here is a pic of the type of Benz I'm talking about

Bro go for d car if you have made up ur mind. Thank God you drove the car and u like it . d car is durable
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jakumo(m): 6:13am On Jul 17, 2017
shortgun:

How many of the cars have you seen on fire?
Do you have any proof to back up ur claim?
I will agree with u that d 320 V6 is more powerful but the kompressors are not under powered... they perform just as designed, there is no flaw in design anywhere.

Ogaawa ShortFuse. It took me all of five seconds to find this article PROVING that the Mercedes C-Class does indeed have a design flaw that results in electrical fires that start at the rear tail light.

At the very least, do your own google search before announcing that a stated fact is wrong.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2817131/Mercedes-Benz-safety-row-250-000-fire-risk-saloon-cars-recall-not-Britain.html

http://blog.caranddriver.com/putting-the-c-in-recall-mercedes-recalls-250000-c-classes-for-fire-risk-from-defective-taillamps/

https://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/07/15/n-h-t-s-a-investigates-mercedes-c-class-for-potential-electrical-problems/

By the way, this deign flaw DID affect earlier models produced BEFORE 2008, and I know this because I have seen one on fire, and read of SEVERAL cases in Mercedes discussion forums. If you remain unconvinced, I will dig up those discussions for your enlightenment.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 9:19am On Jul 17, 2017
Jakumo:

Ogaawa ShortFuse. It took me all of five seconds to find this article PROVING that the Mercedes C-Class does indeed have a design flaw that results in electrical fires that start at the rear tail light.

At the very least, do your own google search before announcing that a stated fact is wrong.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2817131/Mercedes-Benz-safety-row-250-000-fire-risk-saloon-cars-recall-not-Britain.html

http://blog.caranddriver.com/putting-the-c-in-recall-mercedes-recalls-250000-c-classes-for-fire-risk-from-defective-taillamps/

https://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/07/15/n-h-t-s-a-investigates-mercedes-c-class-for-potential-electrical-problems/

By the way, this deign flaw DID affect earlier models produced BEFORE 2008, and I know this because I have seen one on fire, and read of SEVERAL cases in Mercedes discussion forums. If you remain unconvinced, I will dig up those discussions for your enlightenment.
Oga don't post links here to decieve anyone.
The link you posted is talking about a recall of about 250,000 2008 -2011 C-class.(a recall is a good thing)
That's clearly not the car d man wants to buy.
You still have not given us proofs.....try again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (543) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.