Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,896 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:25 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (953261 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BigJakie: 6:15pm On Mar 21, 2018
Guys pls help... I recently just changed my tranny & engine oil, but now my car (MB 2002 C320) would not go past 40rpm and I cannot accelerate, sometimes it shuts out,

after OBD Diagnosis i got the code PO141.

Any ideas, please help out
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 21, 2018
BigJakie:
Guys pls help... I recently just changed my tranny & engine oil, but now my car (MB 2002 C320) would not go past 40rpm and I cannot accelerate, sometimes it shuts out,

P0141 is the OBD-II generic code indicating the Engine Control Module (ECM) has tested the O2 sensor heater circuit and detects a problem with the bank 1 sensor 2 oxygen sensor heater circuit.

https://www.autocodes.com/amp/codes/p0141_mercedes-benz.html
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 7:49pm On Mar 21, 2018
BigJakie:

You have to check transmission, I think it's in limp mode.
Do you mean 40km/h or 40rpm?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BigJakie: 8:16pm On Mar 21, 2018
shortgun:
You have to check transmission, I think it's in limp mode. Do you mean 40km/h or 40rpm?
when i floor the throttle it does not go past 40rpm
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BigJakie: 8:18pm On Mar 21, 2018
angels09:

P0141 is the OBD-II generic code indicating the Engine Control Module (ECM) has tested the O2 sensor heater circuit and detects a problem with the bank 1 sensor 2 oxygen sensor heater circuit.

https://www.autocodes.com/amp/codes/p0141_mercedes-benz.html

does this mean its a sensor problem?

The symptoms in the article does not include my inability to rev the engine past 40rpm

pls any ideas will be appreciated ?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 12:33am On Mar 22, 2018
BigJakie:

when i floor the throttle it does not go past 40rpm
Do u experience this when ur car is in motion or standstill?
Try another airflow meter... Yours might be failing.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 12:18pm On Mar 22, 2018
BigJakie:

Please tell us what you replaced with and how you replaced.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KateFowler7: 3:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
I was renting a car like this at http://ukr-prokat.com/en/ , it was pretty good. I hope to get the same one but need to wait some more time. What do you guys think about Mercedes? Is it so good like it seems?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by benedictgold(m): 11:39pm On Mar 25, 2018
Hello nairalanders, please I need your advice.
I want to buy a Benz c300 2010 or 2011, I have only used Lexus product but I want to switch to Benz, please how is the maintenance and reliability, hope it isn't too expensive.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by phibetakappa: 10:49pm On Mar 26, 2018
Help! How is deactivation of Road Test Mode done on MB S-class W221.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by NeyofeedNigEnt: 12:27am On Apr 03, 2018
Denn:
New benz WhatsApp group....for obvious reasons.

Cc kingreign et al

08058286101. Pls add me

And this pls +14166029294
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AerialMapper: 3:30pm On Apr 05, 2018
I have a 1992 300SL-24 which has been parked for a while as i have no use for it now. I realized the front suspension is now so low that the bumper is nearly touching the ground. I wanted to take it out but i cannot even turn the wheel since it is so low. Any idea how to activate the height control. I press it and the red light comes on but it doesn't rise.... help please. I'm in Abuja
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jakumo(m): 5:06pm On Apr 05, 2018
AerialMapper:
I have a 1992 300SL-24 which has been parked for a while as i have no use for it now. I realized the front suspension is now so low that the bumper is nearly touching the ground. I wanted to take it out but i cannot even turn the wheel since it is so low. Any idea how to activate the height control. I press it and the red light comes on but it doesn't rise.... help please. I'm in Abuja

Never heard of a 300SL-24. Is the vehicle the R129 shown here ? What does the -24 suffix mean ?

As far as I know the R129 Merc family ALL use standard shocks and springs, with the exception of the 12 cylinder 600SL series that uses that trouble-prone air suspension system, so it is baffling hear of symptoms indicating air suspension failure, on a 300SL, unless of course you have a broken spring in one corner.

Please elaborate.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AerialMapper: 6:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
Jakumo:

Never heard of a 300SL-24. Is the vehicle the R129 shown here ? What does the -24 suffix mean ?

As far as I know the R129 Merc family ALL use standard shocks and springs, with the exception of the 12 cylinder 600SL series that uses that trouble-prone air suspension system, so it is baffling hear of symptoms indicating air suspension failure, on a 300SL, unless of course you have a broken spring in one corner.

Please elaborate.

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1992/1521335/mercedes-benz_300_sl-24.html

That will give a brief on the car model. I believe it's the 24 V model and no this one has ADS and the height control thing so it isn't a broken spring. I guess i have one with a lot of options
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by idikaep: 8:22am On Apr 09, 2018
I have an e240 w211. The SBC has been creaking whenever I open the doors or apply brakes. The rear right wheel also creaks. Did some research and found out that I could get a calliper repair kit. I want to know whether I am on the right track and if so, where I can get the repair kit or some one to do the repairs. I am in Enugu currently.

On another note could someone add 08032089062 to the WhatsApp group. Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jakumo(m): 11:39am On Apr 09, 2018
AerialMapper:

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1992/1521335/mercedes-benz_300_sl-24.html

That will give a brief on the car model. I believe it's the 24 V model and no this one has ADS and the height control thing so it isn't a broken spring. I guess i have one with a lot of options

Wow this car you own is a real rarity. I never heard of any R129 Mercedes roadster that came from the factory with a manual gear box.

That car of yours might be worth some serious money if you store it out of the weather for a few more years.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AerialMapper: 12:19pm On Apr 09, 2018
Jakumo:

Wow this car you own is a real rarity. I never heard of any R129 Mercedes roadster that came from the factory with a manual gear box.

That car of yours might be worth some serious money if you store it out of the weather for a few more years.

Unfortunately it is not a manual gearbox and it is not stored out of the weather!!! I should get a car cover for it though till i can sort out the height controller
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jakumo(m): 12:57pm On Apr 09, 2018
AerialMapper:

Unfortunately it is not a manual gearbox and it is not stored out of the weather!!! I should get a car cover for it though till i can sort out the height controller

Now that is odd. The car catalog link lists this model as a manual gearbox version made between 1992 and 1993. Maybe somebody switched the model logo on your car years ago, before you acquired it. That hydraulic suspension is still a mystery though. Those only came with some of the 600SL R129s. E get as e be.

My own R129 1991 500SL is sadly about to be retired for good, because the trouble-prone transmission has confounded all repair attempts by several doctors, thus wearing out my patience at long last. I will salvage the engine which runs fine, and use that as a spare for my 1994 DIY 500E, which started out life as a 420E, before I acquired it and upgraded the engine.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jazzlite: 1:29pm On Apr 09, 2018
Jakumo:

Now that is odd. The car catalog link lists this model as a manual gearbox version made between 1992 and 1993. Maybe somebody switched the model logo on your car years ago, before you acquired it. That hydraulic suspension is still a mystery though. Those only came with some of the 600SL R129s. E get as e be.

My own R129 1991 500SL is sadly about to be retired for good, because the trouble-prone transmission has confounded all repair attempts by several doctors, thus wearing out my patience at long last. I will salvage the engine which runs fine, and use that as a spare for my 1994 DIY 500E, which started out life as a 420E, before I acquired it and upgraded the engine.
Do you mind selling it?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jakumo(m): 3:36pm On Apr 09, 2018
Jazzlite:

Do you mind selling it?

I may sell the R129 at a later time, but for now it will go into storage while I consult the oracle about what next to do. These old cars are really hard to let go, as they are so hard to find in the first place.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jazzlite: 3:39pm On Apr 09, 2018
Jakumo:

I may sell the R129 at a later time, but for now it will go into storage while I consult the oracle about what next to do. These old cars are really hard to let go, as they are so hard to find in the first place.
Good to sell now
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jakumo(m): 3:42pm On Apr 09, 2018
Jazzlite:

Good to sell now

My Oracle never reply yet o. Make I sacrifice some bottle of Sapele Wata and kolanut, to get my reply quick.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Harbewilliams(m): 7:48am On Apr 10, 2018
Do you think your car qualifies for uber, taxify,oga taxi.
You need more information on how to go about it

We manage vehicles for people who don't have time to manage their vehicles but want to invest in the e-hailing business (taxify, uber, oga taxi) years of experience in this business has shaped our ideas.

Call us today for more details on our services, your investment is our priority.

Contact us today
FLEETDRIVE LIMITED
07016682929 (call or whatsapp)
fleetdrive2016@gmail.com
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TrippleTte: 9:13am On Apr 10, 2018
Good day everyone, am a lover of automobiles!!
And i just want to get my first ride(baby)� pls i need advice as this can go a very long way for e in making this important choice.
I have always love the benz probably because am a brand freak but to be realistic and considering the Nigerian terrain pls should I consider this beast or not?
Thanks as ur contributions will be of great impact.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jakumo(m): 9:41am On Apr 10, 2018
TrippleTte:

I have always love the benz probably because am a brand freak

Say no more, brother man.

The Mercedes logo occupies a class of its own. Look at this picture, and tell me this car is not a thing of sublime beauty.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TrippleTte: 12:40pm On Apr 10, 2018
Jakumo:

The Mercedes logo occupies a class of its own. Look at this picture, and tell me this car is not a thing of sublime beauty.
Thanks bro... my love for this machine will definitely land me into prestige as i see it...��
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:44pm On Apr 10, 2018
Jakumo:

W209 CLK?

Also, what Merc would you recommend for a bachelor with a 1.8M budget? Can be a coupe.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jakumo(m): 1:21pm On Apr 10, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

W209 CLK?

Also, what Merc would you recommend for a bachelor with a 1.8M budget? Can be a coupe.

The CLK has a special place in my heart, but in Nigeria there seem to be quite a few C Class cars on the road, which is an indication that they must be "built for Nigerian roads", in terms of proven reliability.

The W203 is built on the same exact chassis as the CLK, by the way, so many systems are similar in the two cars.

Note the implication of the enclosed photo, namely that more red snapper will be yours when you drive a Mercedes C Class.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by spartanian(m): 1:24pm On Apr 10, 2018
Please add me to this WhatsApp group 07038034355 thank you.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:31pm On Apr 10, 2018
Jakumo:

The CLK has a special place in my heart, but in Nigeria there seem to be quite a few C Class cars on the road, which is an indication that they must be "built for Nigerian roads", in terms of proven reliability.

The W203 is built on the same exact chassis as the CLK, by the way, so many systems are similar in the two cars.

Note the implication of the enclosed photo, namely that more red snapper will be yours when you drive a Mercedes C Class.

Ah, yes, I've fallen in love with the CLK. Seems like a combination of the W203 and the W211, which is exactly what I want. I've been on the lookout for an 04 CLK but those things are annoyingly hard to find here!

Sigh. Looks like I'll have to turn my sights over to the W203. Like you said, there appears to be quite a number of them on the streets, so finding one in good shape shouldn't be much of a hassle.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jazzlite: 2:12pm On Apr 10, 2018
Jakumo:

My Oracle never reply yet o. Make I sacrifice some bottle of Sapele Wata and kolanut, to get my reply quick.
Twelve cartons of orijin if you're ready to sell now!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TrippleTte: 2:16pm On Apr 10, 2018
Like someone already highlighted...for a young bachelor in need of a benz car most preferably C class, which one of them C class should be considered? In relation wit factors like
1Reliability
2.2nd hand value
3. Fuel consumption rate..etc
Plss hlp me out ooo experience is d best teacher..
Those with experience should teach me on what to do..
Want to buy my car and feel happy at the end of the day...thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (542) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: londonerr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.