Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (964978 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tommysparks: 4:57pm On Jul 09, 2013
Rejoice all ye benz users even the Pope uses a mercedes benz. I so love Benzes
http://www.360nobs.com/2013/07/pictures-of-pope-francis-is-official-car-the-popemobile/
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 9:54am On Jul 10, 2013
Demdem:

Where are u located? Where did u get it done?
in kaduna, at zackari benz garage @ kurmin mashi.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:01am On Jul 11, 2013
Gee2728: I drive a 2000 C230 kompressor, from my little experience I'll suggest u go 4 the naturally asperated 2006 C230 which I bliv is a V6 so u dnt have 2 bother urselfe with turbo charging issues of the C230K.

Hello Gee,
pls permit me to say this,non car enthusiast would not like it; If there is any engine in benz i shld like to own now, it's the compressor engine; i have ecstasy while engaging it to action; it feels too wonderful to consider it wear and tear nature(besides, it's relatively cheap to replace over here, the only components of it that would always go bad after a very long time is the cheap kompressor clutch. i give gurus to whoever introduce this fits in Benz; not even the IVTEC; nor the turbo can compare to it). Kompressor super chargers can achieve any fits of acceleration with the slightest fuel consumption any naturally aspirated engine could do; not even the BMW can beat this contest(yungbose lets contest this); You can't match a w203 v6 naturally aspirated engine to that of v4 kompressor engine; the later is formular 1; trust me.. try it and you'll see that; is it the sharpness; is it the ability to finish your speedometer if you have the mind; its worth the tear and wear. If you buy a kompressor engine , just know you have bought a road conqueror with good mpg, then have a spare super charger, when that of your engine goes bad replace it with the spare,then change the clutch of the bad one and keep again as spare or backup..it takes more than 4 years for it to wear out depending on your driving habit.

If you are after performance , the very reason you bought Benz, why be afraid of kompressor engine or superchargers. I beg to differ.. If you have tested the dynamics of a Kompressor engine then you have tested benz performance to its fullest, no rival yet, pls tell me car enthusiast, if there is any that i dnt know yet

However, this is my personal preference.

Eyop: Thanks very much Gee2728 for the advice. The 2005 and 2006 C230 carries same body and features apart from the change in Engine and some other little changes and also the fuel consumption on the 2005 C230 is economical compared to the 2006 but all the same i still prefer the 2006(it is quieter than the Kompressor engine)though the 2007 was also of interest to me but i do not like the wheels of the 2007 so that's why i choose the 2006. I can never buy a vehicle with a check engine light or any other warning light because i have had a terrible experience with a 2007 Toyota Matrix XR that i bought in cotonou last year and i can never venture into that anymore.

Once am ready to buy,i will pre-order directly from USA after am satisfied with the maintenance history of the vehicle. Another wahala is the bad roads in Nigeria and you know the car is low to the ground level even though it is very pleasurable to drive...

Hello Eyop, sometimes these things linger because the technician does not understand the problem at stake, hence in their fit to solve what they dont know, they end up fidgeting with so many things and end up destroying things that wasn't faulty rendering the car as problematic for you.

Let me tell you my personal exeperince in my recent travelling from PH to Calabar and to Eket from Calabar in my w202 Benz C class. The road along Eleme junction in Ph is bad, and unfortunately i was left with no other option than to swimm that river but with prayers, i got to Calabar quite alright and did all the running around to Eket , to Ibeno in Akwa Ibom and back to Calabar in Cross River state like 2 rounds and parked the car and then use public trans to enter Ph for an emergency job and then back to Calabar to finish my escapade and return to my base in PH. unfortunately, my car refuse to start wt a strange sound like without any engagement in the engine, from my maintenance history, i knew nothing could have been wrong(cos i fix my car myself most part and pay attention to every detail). this one was beyond me, i call 2 mechanic, they both say timing belt, but i ignore both of them because i know that was impossible. i was directed to one expert who came and tow the vehicle with his towing van on sunday evening for them to work on it on monday. By Monday morning, before i could get there, i saw the vehicle steaming smoothly with this guy on it, he said some dirts insulated my earth wires and my ecu short it off, so he had to clean them up , after wards the car crank and came alive. If i had let the previous mechanics handle my car according to their diagnoses, they could have messed my engine and added more problem to it, then in a feat to jumpstart the engine, they could have tried all sort of gimmicks, hence would have destroyed a lot of things as the timing belt wasn't the culprit here. Inshort , nothing was wrong with it..just that little water i swam some days back that formed the insulation on the wires and short off my engine after they were dried up.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:11am On Jul 11, 2013
Guy, this is worth celebrating.. You mean your kompressor is back to live.. thats great

Gee2728: 2day I visit my mechanic and with help from all I hav learnt from the internet, all 9 (P1584,P0136,P0410,P0000,B3AF2,C3800,P1235,P1236,P0100)error code that has been the course of my check engine light and ESP/BAS light was solved for almost no cost. My super charger that has always been on engage now only engage when I rev it up 2 abt 2500 to 3000 rpm. Wat a great day. All thanks 2 ideas shared on line cos I personal bought the little parts needed 2 solve all this issue myself from experience pple have posted online. This our forum is rly a gud place 2 be. Tnx 2 u all.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:31am On Jul 11, 2013
bong4:

Sorry i did not include that it is a benz 190 and i doubt if that can be scanned. The gear could not select at all (as in it stopped even if you revved the car) but after fixing a new one it started but then as i mentioned earlier you have to press down before the gear changes. Need i add, it is automatic.

Oh dear! this is a little issue, i once had it with my benz 190 automatic. If you hadnt change the gear box i would have told you dnt..

The question is your oil may have been ran below gauge for such a long time before that happened;
secondary, you may have been using very dirty or adulterated transmission fluid overtime;
Your transmission fuid bottom plate may have been leaking;
You may have been overgauging your fluid consistently

Well the danger has already been done, and a new gear box installed, dnt worry, just make sure you gauge the right amount of fluid into your new gear box(dont overgauge), if you didnt change the filter at the gear box bottom plate, pls go and change it with a good one, make sure you have the right fluid there. Be patience with it as you drive , dont force it to select gears, just pedal it softly but slightly while u expectantly keep patience for it to change on its own; then after a week or 2 it will start engaging normally as if nothing went wrong

If after 2 weeks this does not happen, then the new gear box you bought may be a bad one thing.

My gearbox of over 5 years went bad too , out of negligence, but i never changed it,,its been working perfectly well for a year now, after i took caution with it. the gear box of this benz 190 do hardly go bad, except you submerge it badly in water or flood.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:14pm On Jul 11, 2013
aikerism: Thanks Hanson and Smartchoice for the info. Eheeen Hanson does it mean dat if I change to the 015 ECU I will have to change my remote?
shocked
What is your location? How and where can I get the hong kong wire harness from?
Thanx guys for ur suggestions and responses in advance.
BENZ for life!

Sorry , i just saw this now. It will still work, depending on how it was coded to your security system.

Reason why i changed mine is that i didn't want to encounter any of those security issues that i may not understand.. so i decided to build a system of my own that i could fully understand with my finger tips. i install mine at the boot differently from the usual installation at the hood or under the dash board

I live in PH, i bought mine from Alogi Market(pls forgive the spelling if i am wrong), near Aba. In short, i ordered for it from there.. I know there are several other places you can get them like Lagos, Kaduna, Onitsha, etc.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 8:09pm On Jul 11, 2013
au.hanson:

Hello Gee,
pls permit me to say this,non car enthusiast would not like it; If there is any engine in benz i shld like to own now, it's the compressor engine; i have ecstasy while engaging it to action; it feels too wonderful to consider it wear and tear nature(besides, it's relatively cheap to replace over here, the only components of it that would always go bad after a very long time is the cheap kompressor clutch. i give gurus to whoever introduce this fits in Benz; not even the IVTEC; nor the turbo can compare to it). Kompressor super chargers can achieve any fits of acceleration with the slightest fuel consumption any naturally aspirated engine could do; not even the BMW can beat this contest(yungbose lets contest this); You can't match a w203 v6 naturally aspirated engine to that of v4 kompressor engine; the later is formular 1; trust me.. try it and you'll see that; is it the sharpness; is it the ability to finish your speedometer if you have the mind; its worth the tear and wear. If you buy a kompressor engine , just know you have bought a road conqueror with good mpg, then have a spare super charger, when that of your engine goes bad replace it with the spare,then change the clutch of the bad one and keep again as spare or backup..it takes more than 4 years for it to wear out depending on your driving habit.

If you are after performance , the very reason you bought Benz, why be afraid of kompressor engine or superchargers. I beg to differ.. If you have tested the dynamics of a Kompressor engine then you have tested benz performance to its fullest, no rival yet, pls tell me car enthusiast, if there is any that i dnt know yet

However, this is my personal preference.

Hello Eyop, sometimes these things linger because the technician does not understand the problem at stake, hence in their fit to solve what they dont know, they end up fidgeting with so many things and end up destroying things that wasn't faulty rendering the car as problematic for you.

Let me tell you my personal exeperince in my recent travelling from PH to Calabar and to Eket from Calabar in my w202 Benz C class. The road along Eleme junction in Ph is bad, and unfortunately i was left with no other option than to swimm that river but with prayers, i got to Calabar quite alright and did all the running around to Eket , to Ibeno in Akwa Ibom and back to Calabar in Cross River state like 2 rounds and parked the car and then use public trans to enter Ph for an emergency job and then back to Calabar to finish my escapade and return to my base in PH. unfortunately, my car refuse to start wt a strange sound like without any engagement in the engine, from my maintenance history, i knew nothing could have been wrong(cos i fix my car myself most part and pay attention to every detail). this one was beyond me, i call 2 mechanic, they both say timing belt, but i ignore both of them because i know that was impossible. i was directed to one expert who came and tow the vehicle with his towing van on sunday evening for them to work on it on monday. By Monday morning, before i could get there, i saw the vehicle steaming smoothly with this guy on it, he said some dirts insulated my earth wires and my ecu short it off, so he had to clean them up , after wards the car crank and came alive. If i had let the previous mechanics handle my car according to their diagnoses, they could have messed my engine and added more problem to it, then in a fit to jumpstart the engine, they could have tried all sort of gimmicks, hence would have destroyed a lot of things as the timing belt wasn't the culprit here. Inshort , nothing was wrong with it..just that little water i swam some days back that formed the insulation on the wires and short off my engine after they were dried up.

Well said Hanson but my 1st question is are you aware that the naturally aspirated engine of the C230 is quieter than the Kompressor engine? I agree with you on the issue of mechanics because an inexperience mechanic can ruin it all for you and that's the reason why one must be careful before handing over your car for repairs or servicing. I have always been a lover of the mercedes in all aspect because of its durability and handling most especially when embarking on a long trip. I want to pre-order a mercedes benz from the United States and i was initially looking at 2005 C230 Kompressor but after i heard so many stories that the Kompressor is a wear item and it cost thousands to order a new one from the United States after it gets bad.

So apart from the fact that the 2006 C230 is a newer car compared to the 2005 C230 Kompressor,i was advised by the mechanics to stay away from the superchargers and even some car gurus on nairaland like Trac even mentioned same on some of their responses and that's the reason why i then concentrated on naturally aspirated models like the 2006 and 2007 but i do not like the 2007 because of the wheels as it is not as fashionable as the 2005 and 2006.

The 2008 C300 is as well nice but the price to land here is above my budget. The difference in consumption of fuel between the both cars isn't easily noticeable. 2005: 23 city while 29 Highway and 2006: 21 city while 27 Highway. I guess you have a lot of experience with the Benz so what will you be your advice now?[b][/b]
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheGrandMaster: 11:50am On Jul 12, 2013
Hello MB enthusiasts in the house, i just acquired a 2008 Mercedes Benz C300 and the EIS has gone bad. After much consultation i have had to order the part through an MB dealer. I found out that the EIS going bad is a factory problem and will happen at one point or the other. The part is yet to arrive but i will also like to know what precautions i need to take to enjoy the car. Also can anyone recommend a mechanic that knows about this car through and through. Secondly i am thinking of acquiring an ipod integration kit for this car after checking online i see that i need to remove the glove box and the car stereo system to be able to install it which seems scary. I dont want just anybody to install this and i rather not use the aux port cos of the quality of the sound i will get, can anyone tell me if i can get a decent expert who will be able to install this in Nigeria? Thanks for your anticipated response. I need a good mechanic.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tommysparks: 2:22pm On Jul 12, 2013
TheGrandMaster: Hello MB enthusiasts in the house, i just acquired a 2008 Mercedes Benz C300 and the EIS has gone bad. After much consultation i have had to order the part through an MB dealer. I found out that the EIS going bad is a factory problem and will happen at one point or the other. The part is yet to arrive but i will also like to know what precautions i need to take to enjoy the car. Also can anyone recommend a mechanic that knows about this car through and through. Secondly i am thinking of acquiring an ipod integration kit for this car after checking online i see that i need to remove the glove box and the car stereo system to be able to install it which seems scary. I dont want just anybody to install this and i rather not use the aux port cos of the quality of the sound i will get, can anyone tell me if i can get a decent expert who will be able to install this in Nigeria? Thanks for your anticipated response. I need a good mechanic.
u need to state your location before anyone can assist u and there is a thread for list of mechanics on the cartalk section u can also check those. then if you are in lagos someone recommended one chibuzor in lagos u can call him on 08037220897 i hope he can help you out. GOODLUCK

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
Yes Chibuzor!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
Eyop:

Well said Hanson but my 1st question is are you aware that the naturally aspirated engine of the C230 is quieter than the Kompressor engine? I agree with you on the issue of mechanics because an inexperience mechanic can ruin it all for you and that's the reason why one must be careful before handing over your car for repairs or servicing. I have always been a lover of the mercedes in all aspect because of its durability and handling most especially when embarking on a long trip. I want to pre-order a mercedes benz from the United States and i was initially looking at 2005 C230 Kompressor but after i heard so many stories that the Kompressor is a wear item and it cost thousands to order a new one from the United States after it gets bad.

So apart from the fact that the 2006 C230 is a newer car compared to the 2005 C230 Kompressor,i was advised by the mechanics to stay away from the superchargers and even some car gurus on nairaland like Trac even mentioned same on some of their responses and that's the reason why i then concentrated on naturally aspirated models like the 2006 and 2007 but i do not like the 2007 because of the wheels as it is not as fashionable as the 2005 and 2006.

The 2008 C300 is as well nice but the price to land here is above my budget. The difference in consumption of fuel between the both cars isn't easily noticeable. 2005: 23 city while 29 Highway and 2006: 21 city while 27 Highway. I guess you have a lot of experience with the Benz so what will you be your advice now?[b][/b]

Hello eyop, I will answer all your question to the letter.

if you love Kompressor go for it, don't be scared of the superchargers, Our boys are up to it , its a very cheap thing to fix overhere(i mean in Nigeria) If you leave in Nigeria, fixing superchargers shouldnt be a problem, its as affordable as any other components of a benz..needless to spend dollars to order expensive components abroad , boys can do it for you at no cost. Infact, there are things you would fix in benz that are far costlier than the superchargers, so let no one be scared of the very thing that gives you the fun of a benz.

Kompressors are 'machines' that is why they are not quite. "Machines" are not meant to be silence..I have always relive my experience with my neighbour's 2002 w203 benz c200 Kompressor..Its sporty small but mighty; it 4 cylinder engine amazes me;i never expected such performance from a 4 cylinder engine; it actually felt like an 8 cylinder machine but with the cost of a 4 cylinder consumption;what if it were a 6 cylinder machine? what an affordable machine..This is an affordable formular 1 budget car. What makes formular one cars exiting? It's the sporty notes that comes from either the exhaust pipe or the engine(Kompressors in this context is my own version of formular one car, or rather,it's the cheapest machine that budgeted income can afford at her price. Check out the sound of those unaffordable cars like:sls, cls,Mclaren Benzes,BMW M6, M3, lamborghini, bugatti veyron,ferrari, porsche,check out power bykes, even compact suv/cross overs like infinity fx , murano etc. what do u observe in their sound? Performance vehicle are not meant to be silence whisper

The factor here should be your preference, if you prefer the other factors of benz other than performance,afterall you ain't going to go to mini road contest like youngboss, then go for the naturally aspirated engine else the Kompressor, if it is just because of the repairs of the superchargers.

The C32 AMG is a supercharge engine 3.2 L (3199 cc) M112 E32, fitted with a helical twin-screw supercharger,a Kompressor engine smaller than that of the c36 AMG with M104 3.6L I6 engine, that is capable of making upto 60mph in 4.5 seconds, when reviewed by AutoCar on June 27, 2001, beating the BMW M3 and the Porsche 911.

Read this review about Benz C class 2005 Kompressor: http://www.edmunds.com/mercedes-benz/c-class/2005/consumer-reviews/the-best-used-car-you.html?style=100402024&sub=&reviewId=507739497
I dont go by peoples opinion but by what triggers me after comparing the prices i would have to pay, else i wouldnt have gone in for benz for peoples opinion that surround me, but then thats the car that tickles my fancy and makes me want to always travel, thats the car that makes me survive my bad street, thats the car that makes me have fun on the wheels. How i wish i had a 4 cylinder w203 kompressor too..blending fuel economy with performance.
Have u ever ask them why you shouldnt go for kompressor? - because someone said it; because they cant imagine it could be fix just like any other components at affordable price; sometimes just mere myth; just like it was siad , dont buy 190 injection system but carburrator; dnt buy automatic u wont be able to maintain it; dnt buy c class because it has electrical problems( are people wt low budget not driving c class today?)Believe me, Superchargers are becoming cheaper to fix each day in Nigeria..When i'll buy mine , i'll be changing that kompressor clutch myself.

Yes the consumption may have little variation, but much difference in multiple usage

2005 and 2006 is just a year difference,but that notwithstanding, if 2005 is cleaner and has good maintenance history and mileage than 2006 why not go for it else 2006

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheGrandMaster: 6:21am On Jul 13, 2013
tommysparks:
u need to state your location before anyone can assist u and there is a thread for list of mechanics on the cartalk section u can also check those. then if you are in lagos someone recommended one chibuzor in lagos u can call him on 08037220897 i hope he can help you out. GOODLUCK

Thanks, i am actually in Lagos
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheOne2(m): 7:54am On Jul 13, 2013
I need knowledgeable Benz people to help with a decision. I'm considering buying a brand new Benz and deciding btw a 2014 E class ( $60,000) and a 2013 C class ($40,000) or 2014 if available. My question is whether the extra $20,000 is justified for an E class. Some people say it's not much of an upgrade on the C class. What do you think?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 7:54pm On Jul 14, 2013
au.hanson:
Guy, this is worth celebrating.. You mean your kompressor is back to live.. thats great

seriously its back, and believe it or not it cost jst #400 bucks for the bad chip in the ECU. Infact it was so easy that my mech no even charge me for labour.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 8:29pm On Jul 14, 2013
Gee2728: seriously its back, and believe it or not it cost jst #400 bucks for the bad chip in the ECU. Infact it was so easy that my mech no even charge me for labour.

This is one testimony yet about Kompressors, it cost Guda just four hundred naira to fix his, something you would have imported with thousand of dollars. You only need some knowledge of it to understand it workings and fixing of this supercharger thing else you live in the world of fear of superchargers, the very components that rock your machine into a formular 1 beast
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 8:40pm On Jul 14, 2013
Guys in the house, i want to transplant a Kompressor engine into my 95 c180. I understand the fact that i'll need to match it with its corresponding ECU that has the equivalent chip in it; i also understand that it is a longterm wear item; i need to know the dynamics ; the precaution and the cheapest but effective way i could go about this project.

Alternatively, can i instead install the supercharger to this present engine to work.

Gurus in the house, your technical contribution and suggestion is welcome and would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 9:30pm On Jul 14, 2013
My pple abeg pls make unna help me rate this fuel consuption level. I drivr a W202 C230kompressor, traveled recently and I did 339miles/542.4km on 1 tank of fuel mostly highway and some slight annoying checkpoints. Pls I need 2 know if my consumption is normal or outregious?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 9:36pm On Jul 14, 2013
au.hanson:
Guys in the house, i want to transplant a Kompressor engine into my 95 c180. I understand the fact that i'll need to match it with its corresponding ECU that has the equivalent chip in it; i also understand that it is a longterm wear item; i need to know the dynamics ; the precaution and the cheapest but effective way i could go about these project.

Alternatively, can i instead install the supercharger to this present engine to work.

Gurus in the house, your technical contribution and suggestion is welcome and would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance
have been dreaming of a similar project, mine is 2 dump a CLK 430 V8 block into my W202 C230k but my mech seems not ready 4 such adventure. Hanson about your project I'll feed u back about the ECU this week and let u know the cost.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 14, 2013
Following ....sipping my zobo n doughnut.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 10:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
smartchoice: Following ....sipping my zobo n doughnut.
enjoy, but no full the lattrine 2moro sha angry
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 10:23pm On Jul 14, 2013
Gee2728: have been dreaming of a similar project, mine is 2 dump a CLK 430 V8 block into my W202 C230k but my mech seems not ready 4 such adventure. Hanson about your project I'll feed u back about the ECU this week and let u know the cost.

Thanks dearie in much awaited anticipation
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 14, 2013
Gee2728: enjoy, but no full the lattrine 2moro sha angry
l
lat what?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 10:26pm On Jul 14, 2013
Gee2728: My pple abeg pls make unna help me rate this fuel consuption level. I drivr a W202 C230kompressor, traveled recently and I did 339miles/542.4km on 1 tank of fuel mostly highway and some slight annoying checkpoints. Pls I need 2 know if my consumption is normal or outregious?

what is the size of your tank?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 10:29pm On Jul 14, 2013
smartchoice: Following ....sipping my zobo n doughnut.

abeg bluetooth some to me make i follow u na

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 8:48am On Jul 15, 2013
au.hanson:

Hello eyop, I will answer all your question to the letter.

if you love Kompressor go for it, don't be scared of the superchargers, Our boys are up to it , its a very cheap thing to fix overhere(i mean in Nigeria) If you leave in Nigeria, fixing superchargers shouldnt be a problem, its as affordable as any other components of a benz..needless to spend dollars to order expensive components abroad , boys can do it for you at no cost. Infact, there are things you would fix in benz that are far costlier than the superchargers, so let no one be scared of the very thing that gives you the fun of a benz.

Kompressors are 'machines' that is why they are not quite. "Machines" are not meant to be silence..I have always relive my experience with my neighbour's 2002 w203 benz c200 Kompressor..Its sporty small but mighty; it 4 cylinder engine amazes me;i never expected such performance from a 4 cylinder engine; it actually felt like an 8 cylinder machine but with the cost of a 4 cylinder consumption;what if it were a 6 cylinder machine? what an affordable machine..This is an affordable formular 1 budget car. What makes formular one cars exiting? It's the sporty notes that comes from either the exhaust pipe or the engine(Kompressors in this context is my own version of formular one car, or rather,it's the cheapest machine that budgeted income can afford at her price. Check out the sound of those unaffordable cars like:sls, cls,Mclaren Benzes,BMW M6, M3, lamborghini, bugatti veyron,ferrari, porsche,check out power bykes, even compact suv/cross overs like infinity fx , murano etc. what do u observe in their sound? Performance vehicle are not meant to be silence whisper

The factor here should be your preference, if you prefer the other factors of benz other than performance,afterall you ain't going to go to mini road contest like youngboss, then go for the naturally aspirated engine else the Kompressor, if it is just because of the repairs of the superchargers.

The C32 AMG is a supercharge engine 3.2 L (3199 cc) M112 E32, fitted with a helical twin-screw supercharger,a Kompressor engine smaller than that of the c36 AMG with M104 3.6L I6 engine, that is capable of making upto 60mph in 4.5 seconds, when reviewed by AutoCar on June 27, 2001, beating the BMW M3 and the Porsche 911.

Read this review about Benz C class 2005 Kompressor: http://www.edmunds.com/mercedes-benz/c-class/2005/consumer-reviews/the-best-used-car-you.html?style=100402024&sub=&reviewId=507739497
I dont go by peoples opinion but by what triggers me after comparing the prices i would have to pay, else i wouldnt have gone in for benz for peoples opinion that surround me, but then thats the car that tickles my fancy and makes me want to always travel, thats the car that makes me survive my bad street, thats the car that makes me have fun on the wheels. How i wish i had a 4 cylinder w203 kompressor too..blending fuel economy with performance.
Have u ever ask them why you shouldnt go for kompressor? - because someone said it; because they cant imagine it could be fix just like any other components at affordable price; sometimes just mere myth; just like it was siad , dont buy 190 injection system but carburrator; dnt buy automatic u wont be able to maintain it; dnt buy c class because it has electrical problems( are people wt low budget not driving c class today?)Believe me, Superchargers are becoming cheaper to fix each day in Nigeria..When i'll buy mine , i'll be changing that kompressor clutch myself.

Yes the consumption may have little variation, but much difference in multiple usage

2005 and 2006 is just a year difference,but that notwithstanding, if 2005 is cleaner and has good maintenance history and mileage than 2006 why not go for it else 2006

Thanks bros for the detail explanation about the ride and for trying to make me understand that the Kompressors can be fixed here at no cost. Well any of them is still good and fine for me but an average Nigerian will prefer a ride with good MPG myself inclusive. I am a traveler and most times i will be travelling with the car when i get it and it's not just a short distance but at-least like 8hrs trip(Lagos to Abuja,Lagos to Uyo). I asked a fellow nairaland that owns the 2005 C230 kompressor about the car handling and he says it is fantastic and he has not experienced any issues since he bought it almost 2 years now but all he does is to do the normal service because the ride tells you when it is due for service and he gets his parts directly from the United States.

He confirms that Kompressor is delightfully noisy compared to the 2006 C230 which is the naturally aspirated engine that is quiet(that's what i need to understand). That's what i do not understand by him saying "delightfully noisy" even though he's not the only one that has mentioned that but i got same information on Benz USA forum when they were comparing the both cars. I have never driven a Kompressor and as such cannot know the issue of being delightfully noisy. Is there any regular car that you can compare to this? Also are you trying to tell me that the 2005 C230 1.8L Kompressor will be faster than the 2006 C230 2.5L V6 engine? So are you trying to tell me that the sound of CLS 350 is like that of a Kompressor because you listed some cars and SLS,CLS inclusive.

If i see a Kompressor that is super clean than the 2006 C230 i will gladly pick that one. Another thing to consider now is the bad roads because it seems like the C230 is low to the ground level. My brother C230 is a fantastic ride and have always love the car. When i was travelling to Abuja by April with a 2007 Toyota Matrix XR at a speed of 160 the w203 C230 passed me like child's play and all effort to meet up proved abortive. The guy that was with me warned me seriously not to try it or i burst my engine grin. I just want to know when people keep saying delightfully noisy can you be more explanatory on this please? Also the 2005 C230 Kompressor is 1.8L while the 2006 C230 is 2.5L,does it mean that weight of the 2006 is more than the 2005? Just need some clarifications here bros. Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by oranges(m): 9:03am On Jul 15, 2013
i have a 2007 E350,pls i need assistance on how to change the service meter, i ve done the regular oil change, but its still reads the days. pls instruct me on how to adjust the meter. thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:16am On Jul 15, 2013
Hello Bros... Please click on this link as this should be able to assist.. http://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/doclist.jsp

oranges: i have a 2007 E350,pls i need assistance on how to change the service meter, i ve done the regular oil change, but its still reads the days. pls instruct me on how to adjust the meter. thanks

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by oranges(m): 9:52am On Jul 15, 2013
thanks, i will do that now
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by bong4(m): 1:43pm On Jul 15, 2013
au.hanson:

Oh dear! this is a little issue, i once had it with my benz 190 automatic. If you hadnt change the gear box i would have told you dnt..

The question is your oil may have been ran below gauge for such a long time before that happened;
secondary, you may have been using very dirty or adulterated transmission fluid overtime;
Your transmission fuid bottom plate may have been leaking;
You may have been overgauging your fluid consistently

Well the danger has already been done, and a new gear box installed, dnt worry, just make sure you gauge the right amount of fluid into your new gear box(dont overgauge), if you didnt change the filter at the gear box bottom plate, pls go and change it with a good one, make sure you have the right fluid there. Be patience with it as you drive , dont force it to select gears, just pedal it softly but slightly while u expectantly keep patience for it to change on its own; then after a week or 2 it will start engaging normally as if nothing went wrong

If after 2 weeks this does not happen, then the new gear box you bought may be a bad one thing.

My gearbox of over 5 years went bad too , out of negligence, but i never changed it,,its been working perfectly well for a year now, after i took caution with it. the gear box of this benz 190 do hardly go bad, except you submerge it badly in water or flood.

HAnson thanks for taking time to respond, i really appreciate this. Well i stay in ile ife though i visit lagos once in a while. So the challenge of having a competent hand is still there. I use Abro transmission oil though a friend recommended Sea Horse which contains Dextron 3 which i am yet to use. I am just managing the gear.
The new one still has this challenge of smooth change in gears, sometimes there is this viscious jerk during change which can be very disturbing. You mentioned something like filter at gear box bottom plate, is that the exact name or rather can you expantiate on this cos the mechs heremay not get it. Secondly what transmission oil do you recommend.

Thanks so much. Where is your location please? Regards
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 10:06pm On Jul 15, 2013
au.hanson:

what is the size of your tank?
on my car manual it states 62liters but most times it takes abt 65 to 67 liters 2 fill up.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 10:23pm On Jul 15, 2013
Eyop:

Thanks bros for the detail explanation about the ride and for trying to make me understand that the Kompressors can be fixed here at no cost. Well any of them is still good and fine for me but an average Nigerian will prefer a ride with good MPG myself inclusive. I am a traveler and most times i will be travelling with the car when i get it and it's not just a short distance but at-least like 8hrs trip(Lagos to Abuja,Lagos to Uyo). I asked a fellow nairaland that owns the 2005 C230 kompressor about the car handling and he says it is fantastic and he has not experienced any issues since he bought it almost 2 years now but all he does is to do the normal service because the ride tells you when it is due for service and he gets his parts directly from the United States.

He confirms that Kompressor is delightfully noisy compared to the 2006 C230 which is the naturally aspirated engine that is quiet(that's what i need to understand). That's what i do not understand by him saying "delightfully noisy" even though he's not the only one that has mentioned that but i got same information on Benz USA forum when they were comparing the both cars. I have never driven a Kompressor and as such cannot know the issue of being delightfully noisy. Is there any regular car that you can compare to this? Also are you trying to tell me that the 2005 C230 1.8L Kompressor will be faster than the 2006 C230 2.5L V6 engine? So are you trying to tell me that the sound of CLS 350 is like that of a Kompressor because you listed some cars and SLS,CLS inclusive.

If i see a Kompressor that is super clean than the 2006 C230 i will gladly pick that one. Another thing to consider now is the bad roads because it seems like the C230 is low to the ground level. My brother C230 is a fantastic ride and have always love the car. When i was travelling to Abuja by April with a 2007 Toyota Matrix XR at a speed of 160 the w203 C230 passed me like child's play and all effort to meet up proved abortive. The guy that was with me warned me seriously not to try it or i burst my engine grin. I just want to know when people keep saying delightfully noisy can you be more explanatory on this please? Also the 2005 C230 Kompressor is 1.8L while the 2006 C230 is 2.5L,does it mean that weight of the 2006 is more than the 2005? Just need some clarifications here bros. Thanks
the 1.8 or 2.5L has nothing 2 do with the car weight its just the cubic liter capacity of the engine. Since the 230K has small 1.8L hence the need 2 bolt a supercharger(kompressor) to it 2 give it a similar performance as to the 2006 C230 naturally aspirated. And about ur 160km/h matrix chasing a W203, bro 4get it cos even my W202 C230Kompressor can easy hit 230km/h on a streach from kaduna 2 abuja without trying 2 hard. About the engine sound, its a hum dat tells u the car wants 2 be driven hard its not noise its simply loud sweet music. The bottom line is these kompressor engine are simply meant 2 be driven hard and loud.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
Gee2728: the 1.8 or 2.5L has nothing 2 do with the car weight its just the cubic liter capacity of the engine. Since the 230K has small 1.8L hence the need 2 bolt a supercharger(kompressor) to it 2 give it a similar performance as to the 2006 C230 naturally aspirated. And about ur 160km/h matrix chasing a W203, bro 4get it cos even my W202 C230Kompressor can easy hit 230km/h on a streach from kaduna 2 abuja without trying 2 hard. About the engine sound, its a hum dat tells u the car wants 2 be driven hard its not noise its simply loud sweet music. The bottom line is these kompressor engine are simply meant 2 be driven hard and loud.

Gee i was reading an article on Benz. Are all the w203 Kompressors powered with the M271 engine? Do you have an idea if the 2005 C230 Kompressor was equipped with the M271 engine

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.