Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,002 members, 7,803,324 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (963231 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 8:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
inze: @siena, hanson and all.

Would you be kind enough to help me figure out what this is and whats its function? Just found it laying out of place this morning on a 1995 Mercedes Benz c180. Though it seems to have been "out of place" for while, It looked broken and couldn't fit back as shown below. Car drives alright though.

It'll be great to receive swift response from this honorable house.

Sorry my dear, i have been so busy for a while now, at the same time enjoying my new found love with my smooth riding second baby, benz c180 revamp , i just stumble here this night to see this wonderful thread gone this far. Anyways, it looks like Zim Drill has said it all
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 8:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
LeylowDee: my mercedez benz E-class 2002 showing ETS and ABS light ON, also, the engine goes OFF whenever i apply brake while moving. have tried all i could: serviced d car with synthetic oil , do full steam wash of the engine. still, the issue still there. PLS HELP!!!

What you actually did is unrelated to the problem at stake,do this last ones first before you go to spend money on diagnose, find a donor voltage regulator(it is that components that is inside your alternator, our mechanic call it 'cut out',but the actual name is voltage regulator, it's just about N400.00. After having done that, check the one inside your alternator to see if its has chopped or broken and replace it with this one; Its a very simple fix, and common with Benz. If you check and that one is still good , then check your OVP replace with a tested good one ,it may have started going bad, i bet you its either of these items that is worrying your vehicle. Once fixed , you wont see those ABS nor ETS light come up again. Pls let us know how it goes

Good luck
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 9:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
Trac:

Such antifreeze should be nowhere near an MB.

All MB's (at least my generation and a few others before it) use hybrid based antifreeze. Total Coolant is useless and WILL damage the water pump bearings. I addition to that, it doesn't do the job well under extreme conditions. Mercedes Benz's coolant packs a lot of "punches." Expensive though! There is an alternative and approved also by Mercedes. Valvoline Zerex G05! Apparently, it is the same as the formulation for MB's cooling fluid. This is because Valvoline formulated the MB fluid. MB fitted water pumps should go-near two decades of use. This will only be achieved using the correct fluid specification. The bearings will get overstressed with the conventional antifreeze installation. Water-pump "job" is expensive and can only be done one way; the right way. Omitted precautions and cut-corners will require repeat-service(s) till it's done right.

In as much as i agree with you on the point concerning mobil 1 and the rest(even though MB state 12 months or 10,000km,or whichever that comes first, but you stated 12,00km, i'm kool with it), i strongly disagree with you on the point you have just made concerning the total coolant , this is unfounded and misguiding to the undiscerning mind.

Before i recommended total coolant to Gee, i did an extended research based on my experimental prove. i have already made him to understand that Mercedes Benz alternative to approved coolant is Valvoline Zerox G-05 coolant. Valvoline is the oem manufacture of MB coolant. Do not use the prestone or abro green stuff in your Benz, like the abro coolant and so on and so forth. It may work for a short term but will eat away your engine at the long run.

i have also reiterated that If you are to use normal coolant then stick to it, the problem comes when you start switching/mixing it with Mercededs Benz coolant. If however you may want to switch coolant, make sure you flush the system very thoroughly before you introduce the new coolant and also note that each coolant you use has to be flushed off after every 1 to 3 years; 3 years for Mercedes Benz coolant , that is if you would ever find it, i havent search for it before. Also the mixture should be 50/50.

2years or every 25,000 kilometers for total coolant(which ever that comes first) then the system must be flushed thoroughly too because as time goes by, coolants become charged with metal particles and turn acid.
Total coolant is a very good formulation for the tropics, Hot country" coolant :
1 - It Prevent engine overheating
2 - It Protects components from corrosion
3 -It Extents vehicle life
TOTAL's coolant has superior heat-conducting properties and its boiling point is specially suitable for hot countries, allowing it to withstand higher temperatures.
It is suitable for all types of petrol and diesel engines, including Mercedes Benz and BMW cars

It has a reserve alkalinity (PH5.5) OF 12.5 MI HCI0.1N
Freezing point of -20 DEGREES CELCIOUS
VOLUMETRIC MASS AT 15 DEGREES CELCIOUS OF 1050 KG/M3
It contains ethylene-glycol, which is very good for car cooling system

Apart from the products unique biodegradable properties the longlife nature of the product, it also allows longer service intervals and reduces the need for new coolant and decrease the impact on the environment.

So, where did you see it damage the water pump bearings? I use total coolant on my benz 190 since 2008 and my water pump bearing is not damaged till date; I use it presently in my w202 c180 about a year now, where did you get your information from?
If MB recommended coolant is not available in my locality , must i spent millions to get a common thing like coolant? even when there are better formulation in the market? This is out of context: you once said that the MB recommend mobil 1,but that you are using a better oil formulation than mobil 1 ; I also put to you that even though Benz didn't recommend total coolant ; this is also a good formulation and will not damage any water pump bearing so far you stick to the instruction and flushed it after 2 years, or 25,000km, whichever that comes first.
I believe in experimental prove , but not in theoretical literature; because some of the theories gotten over time does not work in practical terms. Prove it experimentally first.

Pls see excerpt from total coolant before you condemn it:
http://www.totalcoolants.com.au/public_panel/adv_technology.php

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jazzlite: 9:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
@AU Hanson...how is ph?

what about total coolants and 25km a typo error?

still Smartchoice serving a mysterious ban!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 9:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
roy4real: oga Sienna nd all merc benz experts in d house I hail. my C240 2001 model refused 2 select gear after d mechanic worked on d radiator y/day. after a scan 2day, d machine started 2 select with a noticeable sound. d mechanic observed a shortage in d ATF level nd suggested a change of ATF with OANDO dexron II. Is dis oil ideal 4 a C240 2001 Model?

Hello my Dear, when it comes to ATF , dont yoke with it. The modern auto gear systems are built to very high precision and are so sophisticated that they do a lot of work hence generating a lot of heats too that only recommended formulation can stand such. MB has its own ATF and that is what most MB owners uses. Gee just showed it sometime ago, dont use OANDO dextron II , unless its is proven experimentally for you else use MB ATF, it's available in our local market..Infact dont ever go near abro and their likes beacuse these things expands and spills over at hot afternoon sun, under highway speed even in older BENZ, they are not good at all

Some cars like honda , Murano , etc define their ATF and doesn't tolorate any alternative
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 9:55pm On Sep 13, 2013
Jazz lite: @AU Hanson...how is ph?

what about total coolants and 25km a typo error?

still Smartchoice serving a mysterious ban!

Yeah PH is fine, thanku. Ok, what i meant there is that , you have to flush it after 2 years or after 25,000km, or which ever that comes first for total coolant, MB coolant is 3 yrs if you would ever find it. Thanks for the pointer
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jazzlite: 10:00pm On Sep 13, 2013
25kilometres or 25,000miles?
au.hanson:

Yeah PH is fine, ok, what i mean there is that , you have to flush it after 2 years or after 25km, or which ever that comes first, for total coolant, MB coolant is 3 yrs if you would ever find it
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ziccoit: 10:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
au.hanson:

Sorry my dear, i have been so busy for a while now, at the same time enjoying my new found love with my smooth riding second baby, benz c180 revamp , i just stumble here this night to see this wonderful thread gone this far. Anyways, it looks like Zim Drill has said it all

Welcome Mr au.hanson. We missed you. Waiting you bring for the boys now? grin

Now that you are enjoying your benz, don't forget this;

au.hanson:

You are welcome my dear; thats exciting news, infact you've spore me to share my own testimony with you too though i was waiting to have 3 successive readings before i could come up with these, probably opening another thread for it-but let me let the cat out. However,If you remember my mpg posting and observations overtime now at one of the threads by Sienna, you would notice that i have not been so much impress by my mpg in Port Harcourt city, but that has changed stupendously now for the better.

I now achieve 20mpg in that city, its something you can hardly do with a 4 cylinder overhere (remember i use to do 13mpg, then 14mpg then 16mpg) though i could achieve 23 mpg in Calabar City. I did a some work in the performance of this old lady(w202 Benz c180) and have return it back to factory new performance/mpg; and now i can hardly stay at home at weekends and free hrs because it now drives like a good 6 cylinder machine.It's fun to always drive this ride; the lethargy underperformance of a BenzC180/BMW318 gone; even with an ac loaded over 99 percent of the time, i could almost stop and continue swiftly with gear 3 without having to downshift to gear 1 unlike before; no more strand of hesitation and underpowerlessness at hold ups etc

Boy! i've got to give this a new thread for my brothers out there to help turnout their old cars(especially Benzc180/beemer318 to new at performance/mpg wise..you dont need a new ride because of these factors, because your old car can still perform like new if not better than. See you in my new thread coming soon, let me just tidy up up some very busy schedule over here. Cheers!!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 10:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
Jazz lite: 25kilometres or 25,000miles?
Oh my God pardon me, i mean to say 25,000km
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:05pm On Sep 13, 2013
ziccoit:

Welcome Mr au.hanson. We missed you. Waiting you bring for the boys now? grin

Now that you are enjoying your benz, don't forget this;

Thanku belove, i miss you guys too. I have brought a full load of packages for boys to chew and evaluate.

Sure, my dear i'm gonna really squeeze out time this weekend to fulfill this , even if it's gonna be a partial fulfillment. thanks for the reminder.

Infact the fuel no dey gree finish even after 2 weeks,the ride come dey like say i dey drive ontop of water. at gear one for bad road i no dey even touch the throttle pedal but the break,, i no dey even feather am but use only break and clutch to control the movement..Infact, at start up i only release the the clutch to move, no feathering of throttle at all..i nodey fit sidon one place again when i'm bored with work..you cant imagine that i'm just coming in now from a little outing

Ok, let me just do justice to this without wasting anymore time. Thus the story began:

I came back from work one faithful evening and was so concerned about my MPG, i decided to remove my airfilter and drive without it for a few minutes, i discover that my car perform better than with out , so i came home and thoroughly dust the filter but wasnt still satisfy, so decided to buy a new on the following day being a Saturday. At the spare part market i bought a new on from my dealer and the vehicle performance improved , i observe it over the week and my mpg improve from 13mpg to about 14.8mpg, i wasnt still satisfied

I ordered my dealer to keep completely new exhaust system for me with the catalytic converter intact as my car own has scattered and clogged inside, to such noticeable note at firing. I went over during the weekend bought it from him and install and had anther improvement and mpg of about 16 over the week observation. I wasnt still satisfy, so i told my dealer to keep an oem plug that was meant specifically for this car for me . so i went the next saturday and got the original star pluggs for my babywhen i got there to install it i notice the bad nature of the plugs wire , i decided to change them for brand new ones i bought brand new ones of same model name. after installation the performance was just too much, my rpm shoot from 700 to 900 and this was amazing, but my instrument clusters went rioting, so i decided to unstall them there and then and took it back my dealer and for him to endorsed the occurrence on the so called neew pluggs wire. I decided to comb the market for grade one cables for the aftermarket and found one that was like almost new so clean , i bought it and install it too immediately, the performance was excellent just like the new one that i bought, but with my instrument clusters still very much intact.

On a closer observation again i noticed some fuel leakages on he nuzzle module, i decided to ghange the entire module too without wasting time since i was already at the sparepart village i went to another of my trusted dealer, we entered the market and combed for it , one was pulled from a clean aftermarket engine i bought it

The promise thread has began here https://www.nairaland.com/1438869/revamping-old-car-absolute-restoration#18113580. Help push it to the front page.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
See the picture above. I came back to my car loosen the old system and unmounted it with all it components as it were after all its been there for more than a decade so something newer must replace it.

I then got hold of the newly purchased one and loosen all the nuzzles from the body one by one and disengages the rubber tubing to enable me clean the entire system thoroughly before coupling them back and mounting to my machine , i dnt wanna take chances after all i'm not paying anybody to adorn my baby for me wit a new cloth, i gave her the treatment myself so i must do it well. I bought carb cleaner and clean up the entire nuzzles one by one and flush the module itself thoroughly , then couple them back and mounted it to her socket with every component it came with and made sure it sat there perfectly well.

I then went to the car to crank it, it refuses to start, I almost forgot that i should have done one thing yet. I went back to the nuzzle module slacken the receiving hose nuts and turn the ignition on again , the fuel flowed , i shook my head, tightened up the nuts once again. I also went to the sending hose nuts slacken it turn the ignition on, fuel flooded it , i tightened it up again(now that is call bleeding). I went back, off the ignition and crank it again, the baby answered immediately..Oh my my my!!! reving shoot to about 1500RPM. Waoh i said to myself, it came down to 1000rpm unlike the usual 700rpm , the throttle felt too good on the leggs. There was no need fixing back the new oem star plugs, i have spent too much time already in this market that will be done another day(certainly i will have to do it because Benz and most of the newer model cars tailored their ignition and performance system to their particular oem spark plug, though the system was already too good for me to tamper anything again than to go home. I went home and observe it again for another one week and achieved 21 mpg, biggo! I was so happy . I was going everywhere with this car.

The next weekend i decided to change the spark plugs and kept the other ones as a backup, i remove them and replace with the star,also i dip a soft white cloth in thinner to clean my throttle body thoroughly with the entire hose system. I couple back everything , crank the car the revving shoot to 1500rpm as usual, it eventually drop to 1100, another improvement. I decided then to adjust down the tuning. I adjusted till i didnt see anything to adjust anymore, but the rpm finally settles at 900rpm with no more room for adjustment.. with this kind of adjustment before it will go down to 400rpm. I decided to observe it again for another week, and achieved 22mpg. I then knew that i have turn this car to a new one ..there's no reason why i must feather the throttle to start the car at any time even with ac load on it as it usually does atimes before now.

With load or no load, the baby drives like a leaf, no more retardation; no lose of power no matter the occupants; no hesitation no matter the load .I then ask myself, so Benz C180 can be this good and yet people complain of lethargy, then those vehicle really has to replace some good parts and components to revamp it performances. these components i got them from the after market , apart form the oem plugs, filter and exhaust system(with its catalytic converter intact)

Note i should have changed the 2 coils too if i had any hesitation there after but non , so enjoy your rides and have good performance as well
Cheers!!

N/B: The new thread has been lunch here: https://www.nairaland.com/1438869/revamping-old-car-absolute-restoration#18113580

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 5:46am On Sep 14, 2013
Gee2728: House pls I have been considering cleaning the throttle body of my 2000 W202 C230k but am not sure of what solvent to use. Would rly welcome any trusted and tested suggestions.

My brother, i use thinner soaked in a soft white cloth to clean the throttle body thoroughly dipping my hand through the hollow diaphram, cleaning it to sparkle neat in and out every six monthly interval.

You know laquer thinner is a very good solvent for stuffs like this, remember my write up on the chemical composition of laquer thinner and its harmless effect on components like this?

cheers!!!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jazzlite: 8:54am On Sep 14, 2013
@AU my issue is that I have to clean this every 10days! Whats your view/advice concerning the frequency of cleaning?

au.hanson:

My brother, i use thinner soaked in a soft white cloth to clean the throttle body thoroughly dipping my hand through the hollow diaphram, cleaning it to sparkle neat in and out every six monthly interval.

You know lacquer thinner is a very good solvent for stuffs like this, remember my write up on the chemical composition of lacquer thinner and its harmless effect on components like this?

cheers!!!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 14, 2013
I have a 190 (W201) that i want to restore, but i need help and support...who's willing 2 help me..i'll create a restoration thread without a perfect pic story 4 dat..plz itz been grounded in ma handz 4 two 2 three yearz...plz Help!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
Bossforeva: I have a 190 (W201) that i want to restore, but i need help and support...who's willing 2 help me..i'll create a restoration thread without a perfect pic story 4 dat..plz itz been grounded in ma handz 4 two 2 three yearz...plz Help!
You'll get that here, it's been done for you already https://www.nairaland.com/1438869/revamping-old-car-absolute-restoration#18114014
We will support you there
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 14, 2013
au.hanson:

You'll get that here, it's been done for you already https://www.nairaland.com/1438869/revamping-old-car-absolute-restoration#18114014
We will support you there
Bro U wnt Understand..
As i dey now..if i get money and if ma parents also enuf money,i would have started sth meaniful since and be updating it here since d month of July we'v been on strike.i'll get ma 190 pics online 4 a start.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 8:05pm On Sep 14, 2013
Jazz lite: @AU my issue is that I have to clean this every 10days! Whats your view/advice concerning the frequency of cleaning?

May i know why you have to clean it every 10 days? I'll rather do it during my service intervals or in between it
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2013
am back from the mysterious ban....funny rpm movement at 400-600 sudden cut off in engine. All these symptoms disappears after cleaning the throttle valve.....always stained with sticky oil residue around the edges.
au.hanson:

May i know why you have to clean it every 10 days? I'll rather do it during my service intervals or in between it
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Trac: 6:20am On Sep 15, 2013
Au.Hansen,

I'm going to use - for the first time - a kind of analogy that it uncommon of me. Dogs and cats are not the same neither can they be mistaken for another. They are both land beasts in human categories. Taking dogs into consideration, there are many sub-family in the doggie-tree. Yet dogs, it is impractical to term them as unique. The shepherd dog is not the German-shepherd. A Yorkshire-terrier no matter how hard it tries will never be a poodle. The same goes for cats. A leopard is not a snow-leopard. The differences lie in genetics and this manipulates their outward traits.

This principle can be applied to lubrication; crankcase oil and antifreeze (in likeness to dogs and cats). They are both lubricants but different. Within the family of antifreeze, you have the sub-family. They aren't all the same. The characteristics are based on the intended application to which it will be used in. Total coolants have silicates in them. While this is beneficial to certain cars (due to the way the system was designed and engineered to function), it is detrimental to a lot of cars. A few cars to be precise: Benz (obviously), BMW, Toyota, Volvo, Audi (totally unforgiving) etc. In the Merc system, the genuine fluid is designed to lubricate the concerned areas in all conditions. It is also a hybrid fluid. Silicate in such an application will default to the mechanism of destruction that we understand as wear. This type of wear will be executed via the destructive category called "erosion." In simplicity, you are fine-sandblasting (sandpapering) your cooling system rather than lubricating.

This isn't truly noticeable in your generation because engine and transmission was over-engineered. This will not excuse the appropriate mechanisms of destruction. It will only take longer for the damage to be thorough to require replacement. On post models, the leniency is absent and lessons are learnt quickly after expensive repairs are done. A thread member disclosed how such messed his vehicle up. He ran his vehicle on distilled water ever since and he stated he had no problems afterwards. Though, this isn't the way to go, convincing him would require more. Toyotas: as economical as they are cannot use the fluid stated. They run on their hybrid antifreeze.

Have you wondered why there are mixed-emotions on NL considering the use of coolants? Though most are of ignorance, there might be some truth to some of them.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 2:43pm On Sep 15, 2013
@ trac regarding ur take on a.u hanson, 'no be fight' that's y the forum is here. Pple should share wat they'v tried and it works. Example when I bought my W202 C230k after every 10k miles when I service it I take it for the trip computer to be reset at a price. But I came across a video online and I did it myself the next time. We should not underestimate the power of experience even this manufacturers rely on somtimes things they have discovered accidentally by experience.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
oh no....not again!

Gee2728: @ trac regarding ur take on a.u hanson, 'no be fight' that's y the forum is here. Pple should share wat they'v tried and it works. Example when I bought my W202 C230k after every 10k miles when I service it I take it for the trip computer to be reset at a price. But I came across a video online and I did it myself the next time. We should not underestimate the power of experience even this manufacturers rely on somtimes things they have discovered accidentally by experience.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
Deleted too!!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
smartchoice: am back from the mysterious ban....funny rpm movement at 400-600 sudden cut off in engine. All these symptoms disappears after cleaning the throttle valve.....always stained with sticky oil residue around the edges.

You have current leaks somewhere, believe me. Someone with a good sense of diagnose has to trace that right form your plugs cable to your ignition coil and other parts too. you could start from here, maybe you could find something.

Physically examine your plug wires one by one, if you see any crack at the tail or even some greenish or white substances whether at the at the part terminated to the your ignition coils or at the part terminated to your spark plugs, then know that it is time to change your plugs cable and observe this again overtime

You need to do current leaks check in your car. Visit the a parts of the CHECK LIST in our new thread "Revamping Your Old Car To Absolute Restoration"
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2013
I saw greenish white powdery/chalky stuff under the plug wire boot terminating on the coil!

au.hanson:

You have current leaks somewhere, believe me. Someone with a good sense of diagnose has to trace that right form your plugs cable to your ignition coil and other parts too. you could start from here, maybe you could find something.

Physically examine your plug wires one by one, if you see any crack at the tail or even some greenish or white substances whether at the at the part terminated to the your ignition coils or at the part terminated to your spark plugs, then know that it is time to change your plugs cable and observe this again overtime

You need to do current leaks check in your car. Visit the a parts of the CHECK LIST in our new thread "Revamping Your Old Car To Absolute Restoration"
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
Jazz lite: @AU my issue is that I have to clean this every 10days! Whats your view/advice concerning the frequency of cleaning?

Went on leisure ride with my wife and kid , just back. Honestly i dont know, but then i'm not comfortable with it, that is touching those things too often. Though , i dnt think there's any harm so far you do it right. But you have to find a solution to it because it is abnormal , so that you could deceased from doing that too often as such..check the wires thoroughly like i said. Have you examine plug wires to see how it looks like? any cracking head ? any whitish or greenish deposit on the coil socket?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 8:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
smartchoice: I saw greenish white powdery/chalky stuff under the plug wire boot terminating on the coil!

Yes that's it, you are right on spot. if you had this, then the end terminating to your plugs must be bad? or the plug wire itself is leaking current somewhere. Can you check that up too? If so you need to replace them. And before you put the new ones, clean those greenish white substance on your coil socket very well, the way to go about this, is to find a carb cleaner that has a straw and flush that part very well till it rinse out those deposit. If you still use the old plug cables , it will still happen again in a matter of time, you ride wont be all that smooth neither.

cheers
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Emperoh(m): 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
Emperoh:

You know, this your advice is ringing like a bell in my ear now as i try to decide what to get for personal use and an eventual everyday run around.
My first choice will be a 325i or a C240 4Matic. But hey, cost of maintenance? I really need to consider this.
Getting the car one off isn't where all the problem lies. But, what will it cost to keep? What will labor for a normal maintenance trip cost me? Normal parts like, shocks, CV joints, plugs, sensors and what have you, what will it cost me?

I am tempted of making a detour to the Japanese that can sustain some sort of abuse, but how can i sacrifice my craving for a German machine?

Can we have a debate on what it costs on the average to keep a compact German car? Specifically, the E46 325 or 328i?
Awaiting your responses!

Au.hanson

I posted the above in the BMW thread but i decided to throw it you as well since you are the MB guru.
What do you think about the W203. I am looking at getting the 05 C240 4Matic or 260 whichever,

What's your thought on the C230 Kompressor? I had read somewhere you said that naturally aspirated engines are better of?
Can you guide a brother!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Trac: 6:04am On Sep 16, 2013
//Purged
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Trac: 6:13am On Sep 16, 2013
//Purged
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Emperoh(m): 8:10am On Sep 16, 2013
@Trac,

What are your thoughts to my query?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Trac: 8:29am On Sep 16, 2013
Emperoh: @Trac,

What are your thoughts to my query?

With all due respect, I won't snatch this from Au.Hansen. It will only make me childish and the main point will never be addressed to avoid further occurrences. I'll humbly take the comments as being egotistical plus the name-calls and move on. Being thread-territorial must indeed be fulfilling.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:56am On Sep 16, 2013
@ Trac we are here to learn because that's the reason we all are here to gather some experience and soonest i will be purchasing a C class because that has always been my choice either the 2005 or the 2006. Please respond to Emperoh so myself can as well learn from your comments. Thank you.
Trac:

With all due respect, I won't snatch this from Au.Hansen. It will only make me childish and the main point will never be addressed to avoid further occurrences. I'll humbly take the comments as being egotistical plus the name-calls and move on. Being thread-territorial must indeed be fulfilling.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.