Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (965041 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
cne010: Got the car with 6 malfunctions. Left side mirror trafficator, Licence plate bulbs and few others my mechanic had spares and fixed all so when I park the car I see.

My question!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tsiriman(m): 9:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
cne010: Still on my new baby w203 C320 I was bored today I stay on the mainland around omole phase 1 and decided to fire down to the island and back to unleash the V6 and oh boy the car moves and turns I was meandering all through.

Here is the monster in question.

This is a 4matic engine abi?

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:22pm On Aug 13, 2014
tsiriman:

This is a 4matic engine abi?
There's nothing like 4matic engine. That is a W203 C320 V6 Engine. 4matic simply means all wheel drive. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 13, 2014
Eyop:

There's nothing like 4matic engine. That's is a W203 C320 V6 Engine. 4matic simply means all wheel drive. smiley

Spot on Eyop 4matic means all wheel drive, Audi calls theirs Quattro.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
smartchoice:

My question!

Bros what's the engine on the E350 is it the M112 or 272 engine for the price of the transmission.

The SBC is determined by the VIN bros starting from 250k
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 13, 2014
cne010:

Bros what's the engine on the E350 is it the M112 or 272 engine for the price of the transmission.

The SBC is determined by the VIN bros starting from 250k
272 I think.....thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by klint16: 10:45am On Aug 14, 2014
klint16: my c200 kompressor brings out black smoke, anyway not that much. Please what might be the problem? Also before I changed my oil I found out that the oil has short n I was hearing kokokokoko from the engine anytime I run on the street, it only happens any time I throttle the car on a low speed. I don't kn if it happens on high speed cos all I can hear is breeze, then I quickly changed the oil cos I was suspecting it was engine knocking sound but after changing oil, I still hear the sound.what can I do to stop it? It makes feel like changing the car n I love the car cos she has been serving me greatly.pls anyone with experience in the can help.thanks all in anticipation. Waiting for solns.

Please house am still waiting for ur suggestions. My mechanic said its timing. D house just ignored my post. Abi nobody has same experience or I never pay my dues.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 14, 2014
klint16:

Please house am still waiting for ur suggestions. My mechanic said its timing. D house just ignored my post. Abi nobody has same experience or I never pay my dues.

Klimt what model is your Benz and the engine size?
and is your check engine light on?
What is your mechanic saying as well?
What range of oil are you using?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by klint16: 11:48am On Aug 14, 2014
cne010:

Klimt what model is your Benz and the engine size?
and is your check engine light on?
What is your mechanic saying as well?
What range of oil are you using?

Engine type is W203 c200 kompressor red top.
check engine light is not on but I see some faults abt four like visit coolant shop,brake lining etc.
My mechanic said the timing is not complete it's remaining one teeth. Some said its timing valve n some said that it's the metal sound.
I use mobil HXP.

Thnks for ur concern.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 11:52am On Aug 14, 2014
@ Kilint16...first of all the Mobil XHP is NOT the recommended oil for your car. Since you indicated that there's no check engine light,i will still suggest you diagnose the car to know what exactly is wrong with it. Forget about the guess work by incompetent mechanic because they will do you more harm than good.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
klint16:

check engine light is not on but I see some faults abt four like visit coolant shop,brake lining etc.
My mechanic said the timing is not complete it's remaining one teeth. Some said its timing valve n some said that it's the metal sound.
I use mobil HXP.

Thnks for ur concern.

You're using the wrong oil, Are you in Lagos? Sounds like a Timing chain issue. Seen some in the mbworld.org forum as well. I'm surprised you're not getting the Cam shaft sensor problem.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by klint16: 12:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
cne010:

You're using the wrong oil, Are you in Lagos? Sounds like a Timing chain issue. Seen some in the mbworld.org forum as well. I'm surprised you're not getting the Cam shaft sensor problem.

Am in Abuja. Please kindly provide solns since we r nt in same city. Thx
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 14, 2014
I'm new to the benz family as well I will see my mechanic this weekend so I would show him your post been trying to bring him to nairaland but he his too busy.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by klint16: 12:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
cne010: I'm new to the benz family as well I will see my mechanic this weekend so I would show him your post been trying to bring him to nairaland but he his too busy.

Ok tnx I appreciate
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Baldmarv(m): 1:06pm On Aug 14, 2014
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by brightcom(m): 8:02pm On Aug 14, 2014
i appreciate u all for ur comment n contributions.pls i have some questions on benz car
1. how much is new engine of benz 300CE coupe. complete engine?
2. how much is gearbox or does it come wt new engine?
3. what type is better injector or carburetor? V6 or V4?
am asking cos i hv one i need to fix which is automatic n came wt v6 injector but am tinking of changing it so i seek for ur advice on dis. thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Demdem(m): 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
klint16:

I also have a c200 kompressor. I remembered that I once had thick smoke coming from my exhaust one time. It was as a result of a bad air flowmeter and it stopped when I had it changed (some call it air mass). Have u recently changed ur flowmeter?
Am no guru but that was my experience
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Demdem(m): 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2014
klint16:

I use mobil HXP.

Thnks for ur concern.

My kompressor also have a red top.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by klint16: 8:54pm On Aug 15, 2014
Demdem:

I also have a c200 kompressor. I remembered that I once had thick smoke coming from my exhaust one time. It was as a result of a bad air flowmeter and it stopped when I had it changed (some call it air mass). Have u recently changed ur flowmeter?
Am no guru but that was my experience

I brought one today on the agreement that if it stops the smoke I ll pay but after changing it, it still remained same. Do I ve to run my engine with the one I brought today to clear the black smoke b4 it comes to normal? Anyways according to the seller, he gave me is a second hand use from America.

Still wondering
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 9:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
Mobil1 0W-40 is the recommended Engine Oil for Mercedes Benz. Its the oil that is put into the engine after production at the manufacturing plant.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 9:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
Read more on Mobil1 0W-40 Engine Oil for Mercedes Benz

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Demdem(m): 10:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
klint16:

I brought one today on the agreement that if it stops the smoke I ll pay but after changing it, it still remained same. Do I ve to run my engine with the one I brought today to clear the black smoke b4 it comes to normal? Anyways according to the seller, he gave me is a second hand use from America.

Still wondering

I could remember that it was frustrating getting the right one for the car. Was looking for Borsch or so. Each supposedly new one brought ooze out black smoke and I immediately had it remove.
It wasn't until when the sixth one was brought, no smoke and firing smooth that I was confident I had the right one.
Please stick with the one that oozes no black smoke. How I wish I can further help u.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by klint16: 10:05am On Aug 16, 2014
Demdem:

I could remember that it was frustrating getting the right one for the car. Was looking for Borsch or so. Each supposedly new one brought ooze out black smoke and I immediately had it remove.
It wasn't until when the sixth one was brought, no smoke and firing smooth that I was confident I had the right one.
Please stick with the one that oozes no black smoke. How I wish I can further help u.

Thanks I ll look for some of them to try with. At least I ve known that, I won't just try one n conclude. I appreciate.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Demdem(m): 10:14am On Aug 16, 2014
klint16:

Thanks I ll look for some of them to try with. At least I ve known that, I won't just try one n conclude. I appreciate.

U welkom, if u have the time kindly go through this thread from the beginning and I think starting from page 8 or so before taking any further step, someone also experienced this same scenario and solutions proffered. This thread is rich with info. For instance, just went back of recent and I realised that am using the wrong grade of oil for my car all these while. My car has been crying all these while and I never knew. Poor thing.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by klint16: 10:17am On Aug 16, 2014
Demdem:

U welkom, if u have the time kindly go through this thread from the beginning and I think starting from page 8 or so before taking any further step, someone also experienced this same scenario and solutions proffered. This thread is rich with info.

I ll do just that right now. Thanks once more
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 10:54am On Aug 16, 2014
Good Morning MB family. Hope you all doing well. I joined the MB forum yesterday & I wana commend the members on here for the way this forum has been handled.
It has been educative & informative. I also like the brotherhood spirit in here.
I don't own a car bt some day I look forward to owning a MB (the W202 C230 Kompressor)
I started reading post from Page 9 yesterday & finished @ page 52 this morning @10:33.
I obseverd some folks are scared of the Kompressor trim. grin. I can't wait to own C230 Kompressor. Lol
I also wana give a shout out to Oga @Hanson, @SmartChoice, @Eyop, @Gee2728 , @Trac, @Kuntash et al for their contribution to this forum.
I'll like to connect with MBforum members who stay in Lagos Ekiti & Akure.cos I reside within this axis.
Have a lovely weekend.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
[b][/b]
Hello MB family. A idea just flashed thru my head about taking this thread to another level by having instant chats & reply.
I'm thinking the Admin of this thread can start of a BBM channel dedicated to MB fans in Nigeria. That will give instant messages & reply a boost.
*Just saying*
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by pafestula(m): 2:20pm On Aug 16, 2014
shoppyanno: [b][/b]
Hello MB family. A idea just flashed thru my head about taking this thread to another level by having instant chats & reply.
I'm thinking the Admin of this thread can start of a BBM channel dedicated to MB fans in Nigeria. That will give instant messages & reply a boost.
*Just saying*

You spoke sense.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by klint16: 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
shoppyanno: [b][/b]
*Just saying*

I don't use Bbm but it's a grt idea. In case the person is stranded, he or she can get quick soln(s). Nice one
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 10:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
@Klint Its good to know you see some sense in having a BBM channel for this Forum & Mercedes Benz users & fans in Nigera
There a lot of Mercedes Benz Channels on BBM but I haven't seen a serious one for Nigeria
Benz fans in UK, US, SA, Canada have BBM channels.
I think this Forum should take this Benz family to the next level especially with the way things are been run here.
Instant Messaging will definitely had more spice to this Forum
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2014
These are some Benz Channels. Indonesia has the highest number of BBM channel so far. (My opinion) Seems Indonesians a're Benz freaks.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by brightcom(m): 5:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
i greet u all. considering d point brought up here abt channel for benz lovers, i tried creating dis channel for those on bbm so we can reach ourselves faster.we can also b intouch here. C0049EA6D is d channel pin.come onboard lets flex benz

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.