Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (964465 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Megatone(m): 10:49pm On Dec 05, 2014
cne010:

Guess I would go earlier when I have the chance to go again. Parts are pretty cheap for a W203 @kuntash @angels09 you can call and price those parts in ladipo.

@megastone is the airflow new or toks?

It was toks......
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 05, 2014
Planning to buy 2003 mercedes benz c240. What are the things I need to knw abt the car(safety precautions) before I get myself into trouble

Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by LeylowDee: 7:50am On Dec 06, 2014
jahjehova:
If you have not gotten someone to help you out, I may be of help as I currently am in Stuttgart - the cradle of Benz.
I respond fastest to emails. (deleonipede@gmail.com)

Ohh...thanks so much...am ontop of it...my little love is sailing already..cant wait grab it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
Soyedele1:
Planning to buy 2003 mercedes benz c240. What are the things I need to knw abt the car(safety precautions) before I get myself into trouble

Thanks

Flee from flooding.... Flee
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 06, 2014
angels09:

Flee from flooding.... Flee

Lol, you know, there aree some time in rainy season where a pothole on the road may be filled up with water and one has to pass through. Does that mean I'll have to wait till be pot hole gets cleared or what?
Pls, explain further. For instance, 'our' honda accord(baby boy) has passed through flooded river many times and water rising where d logo of the honda is displayed on the bonnet and never had issues.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 06, 2014
Soyedele1:

Lol, you know, there aree some time in rainy season where a pothole on the road may be filled up with water and one has to pass through. Does that mean I'll have to wait till be pot hole gets cleared or what?
Pls, explain further. For instance, 'our' honda accord(baby boy) has passed through flooded river many times and water rising where d logo of the honda is displayed on the bonnet and never had issues.

Just flee floods that's all
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 9:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
Everything in that car that hate flood is on the floor. The first thing you may spend hundreds of thousands on if you enter flood is your ac components. You may enter water but not flood. Water must not touch yoor ecu and throttle body as well as your air filter fuses and switches box

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 9:13pm On Dec 07, 2014
Gee2728:
A.u hanson, pls need ur number duty calls urgently. Tnx

Oh sorry Gee i saw this late. All the same, thank God we've spoken at length already.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by eazy12(m): 9:52pm On Dec 09, 2014
Pls anybody with an idea of how much the shock absorbers(front n rear) of a mercendes c240 2003 model cost
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by fidinwala(m): 10:01pm On Dec 09, 2014
Good day house please what is the year of production of this class of BENZ (see picture below)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by eazy12(m): 10:13pm On Dec 09, 2014
Pls anyone with an idea of how much the shock absorbers(front n rear) of a c240 2003 model cost.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by inze(m): 10:25pm On Dec 09, 2014
fidinwala:
Good day house please what is the year of production of this class of BENZ (see picture below)

Year of production was from 1995 through 2002.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 11:01pm On Dec 09, 2014
fidinwala:

W202 From year 1994 to 2000
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by fidinwala(m): 6:28am On Dec 10, 2014
inze:

Year of production was from 1995 through 2002.

thanks do you have an idea of the cost
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by fidinwala(m): 6:29am On Dec 10, 2014
Eyop:

W202 From year 1994 to 2000

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by gabng(m): 6:35am On Dec 10, 2014
Thanks for the wonderful work guys.

I am being tempted to get on the benz train and i am interested in the 2004 mercedes benz c230 and i need your advice on the following:

- Which is the best trim for the Nigerian environment, Non Kompressor, kompressor or Sport

- Any reliability issue

- Fuel Economy

- Suspension vis a vis Nigerian roads

- Availability of parts vs cost

Is it suspect able to the dont drive in flood/water like some other benz.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:39am On Dec 10, 2014
fidinwala:

It ranges between 900k to 1.2m depending on vehicle condition.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by gabng(m): 11:31am On Dec 10, 2014
gabng:

I am being tempted to get on the benz train and i am interested in the 2004 mercedes benz c230 and i need your advice on the following:

- Which is the best trim for the Nigerian environment, Non Kompressor, kompressor or Sport

- Any reliability issue

- Fuel Economy

Waiting patiently for a response.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 11:41am On Dec 10, 2014
gabng:

- Any reliability issue

- Fuel Economy

Go ahead and get the 2004 C230 Kompressor but ensure you've inspected thoroughly before making payment.

(1) All w203 C230 are equipped with superchargers(kompressor)engines

(2) Reliability depends on how well you take good care of your ride but durability is guaranteed with the benz.

(3) Fuel economy is super for a performance monster(C230) equipped with a 1.8L engine.

(4) Suspension is as well good but i believe you are aware that it's low but not a problem at all.

(5) Parts are available and affordable so you have nothing to worry about. Also remember that parts replaced on benz(or any other Europe brand) last very long compared to the ASIAN brands.

(6) Except you want to drive in the Lagoon but common sense should alert anyone that driving in flood isn't advisable because of the ECU. or you don't want the tyre to touch water

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by eazy12(m): 4:15pm On Dec 10, 2014
Pls anyone with an idea of how much the front n rear shock absorbers of c240 2003 model cost
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tommysparks: 9:13pm On Dec 10, 2014
I have been trying to find out why extreme fuel treatment is not readily available in most shops and if it truly works as some forumites say and the company claims to have had this product for 20years calling to mind the fact that several additives have come and gone even the so called injector cleaner even leaves dirt on your nozzles and is no longer popular. I stumbled on this website that analyses scams and the arguments on extreme fuel treatment was amazing and all those who claimed it worked where those that distribute the product. @hanson and smart choice can you guys just spare some time to read the comments and let's analyse? Tanx. http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=127719&page=28
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by newjay(m): 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
Where can one find authentic Benz parts dealers in Abuja?

I am badly in need of an alternator for my 2004 model C Class (Kompressor) engine without luck.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jazzlite: 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
tommysparks:
I have been trying to find out why extreme fuel treatment is not readily available in most shops and if it truly works as some forumites say and the company claims to have had this product for 20years calling to mind the fact that several additives have come and gone even the so called injector cleaner even leaves dirt on your nozzles and is no longer popular. I stumbled on this website that analyses scams and the arguments on extreme fuel treatment was amazing and all those who claimed it worked where those that distribute the product. @hanson and smart choice can you guys just spare some time to read the comments and let's analyse? Tanx. http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=127719&page=28

Am yet to believe in it cos when I attempted it there's no significant effect
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
Jazzlite:

Am yet to believe in it cos when I attempted it there's no significant effect
Same here...

Its Smartchoice.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
fidinwala:

Post the Vin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2014
newjay:
Where can one find authentic Benz parts dealers in Abuja?

I am badly in need of an alternator for my 2004 model C Class (Kompressor) engine without luck.

Gudu market there two... Ask for new parts....
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Promise1014: 5:52am On Dec 12, 2014
Hello,
Please can someone tell me of a good mechanic that can fix my Mercedes ML 270CDI. its smoking. It's a 2005 model.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by camaro(m): 6:38am On Dec 12, 2014
Promise1014:
Hello,
Please can someone tell me of a good mechanic that can fix my Mercedes ML 270CDI. its smoking. It's a 2005 model.

You would have specified your location, it seems your car is a diesel engine.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 12, 2014
Promise1014:
Hello,
You have a diesel engine ML (European Spec model). What colour of smoke is it producing?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by prudencesmart(m): 4:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
tommysparks:

Chose not to believe anybody nor any write up online/offline. Stop using the product for some few days like a week or so. Calculate your your mpg in normal driving along the same route for like 3 times, calculate in an aggressive driving within the same route too and keep your readings, while observing your car plugs throttle body, exhaust fumes and the sound of your engine.

Then start using the xft ,with double dose for the first 2 usage, do your mpg calculation too as in above case but in normal driving and agressive driving. Pick your readings and compare with the former without xft. Come back and give us your testimony.

Some people hardly can notice anything like 35% increment in fuel economy , so to them it doesn't work, it's scam. Some hardly, or are too lazy to try out nor believe any positive innovation in life, their mindset is already programmed to resist any change, so they always want confirmation. Some have their a mindset tuned to, "if its not like this ,it doesn't work, no matter what". Some have flexible mindset, they are open to innovations and shared with any who cares to listen..Funny enough they always stumble into innovations because they are very receptive in nature and like trying out things with open mind and are always recording huge success, and also knows how to avoid the bad ones too.

I heard about this xft from AU. Hanson and decided to give it a shot, It works, if you are observant and follow the instructions, it cleans your emission system and prolong your engine lifespan as well as sounding your engine like new in continuous usage. I'm not even particular about the mpg, though it does that too by 30 to 35 % depending on your driving habit.
See his post here: https://www.nairaland.com/auhanson/posts

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by zadoc: 5:32pm On Dec 13, 2014
ATTENTION HOUSE!!! @Smarty,y was I removed from d star whatsapp group?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tommysparks: 12:32am On Dec 14, 2014
prudencesmart:

Chose not to believe anybody nor any write up online/offline. Stop using the product for some few days like a week or so. Calculate your your mpg in normal driving along the same route for like 3 times, calculate in an aggressive driving within the same route too and keep your readings, while observing your car plugs throttle body, exhaust fumes and the sound of your engine.

Then start using the xft ,with double dose for the first 2 usage, do your mpg calculation too as in above case but in normal driving and agressive driving. Pick your readings and compare with the former without xft. Come back and give us your testimony.

Some people hardly can notice anything like 35% increment in fuel economy , so to them it doesn't work, it's scam. Some hardly, or are too lazy to try out nor believe any positive innovation in life, their mindset is already programmed to resist any change, so they always want confirmation. Some have their a mindset tuned to, "if its not like this ,it doesn't work, no matter what". Some have flexible mindset, they are open to innovations and shared with any who cares to listen..Funny enough they always stumble into innovations because they are very receptive in nature and like trying out things with open mind and are always recording huge success, and also knows how to avoid the bad ones too.

I heard about this xft from AU. Hanson and decided to give it a shot, It works, if you are observant and follow the instructions, it cleans your emission system and prolong your engine lifespan as well as sounding your engine like new in continuous usage. I'm not even particular about the mpg, though it does that too by 30 to 35 % depending on your driving habit.
See his post here: https://www.nairaland.com/auhanson/posts

tanx bro. I just saw that Hanson has already done an extensive breakdown of xft. Am gonna give it a try. One love no homo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.