Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,830 members, 7,806,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (964399 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 2:02am On Jan 14, 2015
LeylowDee:

Thanks Boss:: What about body parts like bumpers,light etc

Contact Chucks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Coefficient(m): 2:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
Can anyone help me with the contact of reputable Benz mechanic around Surulere?

My questions remain unanswered in the Whatsapp group or maybe they aren't delivering.

Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jujukemist(m): 9:33am On Jan 16, 2015
klint16:
Good day house, am giving away my baby at give away price cos am upgrading to next level of kompressor Just came back from East with the car. It's

C200 kompressor
Avant garde
Made in Europe
Full option
Buy and drive
Still pull very well on high way
Last price: N650,000
You can come for inspection if ur interested.
Call 08064554620 or 08129464444
Jeez! Lord the money you promise meooo. pls before this one goes. Abe sir.
Question to the house, what's the advantage fuel economy wise of this C200 over the C230 sirs
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Almaiga: 7:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
Add me 08066607412
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by edubest(m): 6:46am On Jan 20, 2015
Pls add me too 08033804837.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mejai(m): 6:51pm On Jan 20, 2015
Coefficient:
Can anyone help me with the contact of reputable Benz mechanic around Surulere?

My questions remain unanswered in the Whatsapp group or maybe they aren't delivering.

Thanks
‭+234 803 372 9709‬ Ik. tell him u got his no from Joe DAT drives R350 4matic. gudluck.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Coefficient(m): 12:21pm On Jan 21, 2015
mejai:

‭+234 803 372 9709‬ Ik. tell him u got his no from Joe DAT drives R350 4matic. gudluck.

Thank You!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2015
Check out the new 2016 Mercedes-AMG GLE63 S Coupe - 2015 Detroit Auto Show

5.5 liter biturbo V8 engine
577 horsepower with 561 lb-ft of torque
AMG SPEEDSHIFT PLUS 7G-TRONIC transmission,
0 to 60 mph in 4.2 seconds.
You can actually call it a replica of the BMW X6 cross over(SUV) coupe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgiwszlIZV8
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 6:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
omoakinn:
Pls urgent I need transmission gear for CLK 350 2006/0 7
I have same problem with c230 200 7 looks like you have to buy on in usa costs $1400 plus best of luck
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 26, 2015
skj1377:

I have same problem with c230 200 7 looks like you have to buy on in usa costs $1400 plus best of luck

The said transmission is less that 50k in Naija why spend so much importing it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 234CustomCars: 9:34am On Jan 27, 2015
Good Morning to all. Kindly add me to the Whatsapp group. 0812-224-5234. Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 27, 2015
234CustomCars:
Good Morning to all. Kindly add me to the Whatsapp group. 0812-224-5234. Thanks.

234customCars I asked you a question on the CLS thread, can you make it the CLS a 5 seater?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 28, 2015
ok am new here and in the use of mercedez.

i bought one from smartchoice of nairaland last year october, had an accident with it on my way back to Ph. the was is beast, i was driving 140kph but it looked liked i was running 80kph. the rain and slippery road caused the accident.

i have managed to bring the car down to ph but its yet to be what it was before i bought it from smartchoice.

the fuel comsumption of the car is what am yet to believe in view of my believe that benz is a fuel consumer .

i need a good merchanic in ph pls, my car needs to be in top shape as soon as possible
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 28, 2015
aguiyi:
ok am new here and in the use of mercedez.

i bought one from smartchoice of nairaland last year october, had an accident with it on my way back to Ph. the was is beast, i was driving 140kph but it looked liked i was running 80kph. the rain and slippery road caused the accident.

i have managed to bring the car down to ph but its yet to be what it was before i bought it from smartchoice.

the fuel comsumption of the car is what am yet to believe in view of my believe that benz is a fuel consumer .

i need a good merchanic in ph pls, my car needs to be in top shape as soon as possible

Sorry about your accident, hope you were not injured or if you were you've made recovery?
Pls DON'T drive hard on wet surface especially in rain where visibility is low. You aren't using an AWD where you'd still get traction in wet, not even a FWD where you can still manage to dictate direction of travel. You were using a RWD which would easily lose traction and slide if any grip is lost.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 28, 2015
lomomike:

Sorry about your accident, hope you were not injured or if you were you've made recovery?
Pls DON'T drive hard on wet surface especially in rain where visibility is low. You aren't using an AWD where you'd still get traction in wet, not even a FWD where you can still manage to dictate direction of travel. You were using a RWD which would easily lose traction and slide if any grip is lost.

i didnt know that much bro, it was my first time of speeding under the rain .one E320 passed me like breeze so i followed, a trailer tried to crush an infinity who ran into my front causing me to step on the break abruptly and that was it. i did not have any injury sha. the infinity got a good bashing from me though i paid for its repairs in full, i thank God am alive and healthy.

that car has good balancing and speed, i just cant wait to get it back on the road, the panel beater in benin close to Uniben wasted my money without doing any thing tangible. i need recommendation on a good mechanic in ph pls
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by inze(m): 7:16pm On Jan 28, 2015
. . . And there goes smartchoice's w202.

Thank God the only hurt you'll get to experience is the one felt in your pocket. Depending on the force of impact , you might need to replace a whole lot.

Had to let go the w202 last week having served over 60months+. The new owner has got more time to enjoy the ride. I just couldn't have it sitting idle and have its parts deteriorate as I currently use another car.

If you were in Lagos i'd(we'd) linked you to scores of parts dealers, mechanic, technicians and the likes, who would get your ride up and running but then again you might just get lucky.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:29pm On Jan 28, 2015
aguiyi:

i didnt know that much bro, it was my first time of speeding under the rain .one E320 passed me like breeze so i followed, a trailer tried to crush an infinity who ran into my front causing me to step on the break abruptly and that was it. i did not have any injury sha. the infinity got a good bashing from me though i paid for its repairs in full, i thank God am alive and healthy.

that car has good balancing and speed, i just cant wait to get it back on the road, the panel beater in benin close to Uniben wasted my money without doing any thing tangible. i need recommendation on a good mechanic in ph pls

Sorry to hear abt the crash, I have not seen the pics of how bad it was, but there are times a car gets really bad and it will cost too much to put it back together, and its really not adviceable to bother putting it together, just cut your losses and move on(sell as it is). I really hope ur case is not one of those cases, wish you best of luck on your search for a good tech.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 29, 2015
aguiyi:

Sorry about that bro, you can easily ask from the MB guys here and whatsapp fora to help you locate a good body shop or panel beater to fix your car.

Why must you pay for the carelessness of an infiniti driver who feels because his car is a speed demon would cause road rage?
The Infiniti driver in trying to evade the trailer closing up on him/her swerved into your front resulting in your collision and you paid?
Nah, if na me, I better cut my hands and legs off than pay instead he would pay for his repairs, my repairs, medical expenses and wastage of my time. Know your right bro, not because some flashy toys owners get their ego deflated they heap the whole responsibility on you and you start shivering like a fish fingerling out of water.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 29, 2015
lomomike:

Sorry about that bro, you can easily ask from the MB guys here and whatsapp fora to help you locate a good body shop or panel beater to fix your car.

Why must you pay for the carelessness of an infiniti driver who feels because his car is a speed demon would cause road rage?
The Infiniti driver in trying to evade the trailer closing up on him/her swerved into your front resulting in your collision and you paid?
Nah, if na me, I better cut my hands and legs off than pay instead he would pay for his repairs, my repairs, medical expenses and wastage of my time. Know your right bro, not because some flashy toys owners get their ego deflated they heap the whole responsibility on you and you start shivering like a fish fingerling out of water.

hehehehe @ bolded.

Accident occurred in Benin by Igwuobazuwa river , i was heading to ph.

if i decided to make case with those guys, i will have to be travelling down there every now and then. that would affect my day job. the guy in question was heading to benin, in few minutes his people had reached there, the police had also come threatening to tow both cars to the station. omo i will pay anything to avoid the police, i have never been arrested by them and would not want to even have anything to do with them.

while we were there making the argument of who is right and wrong another car came and knocked us off the ground wounding the infinity guy badly. it was also caused by a trailer and that was enough for me to do whatever it took to leave there as it became obvious that something is after the guy .

i paid police 10k to walk away and let us settle ourselves.
paid towing van 25k each for the 2 cars
and 90k for the infinity repairs.

the infinity guy i learnt was discharged from the hospital a few days after.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 29, 2015
aguiyi:

hehehehe @ bolded.

Accident occurred in Benin by Igwuobazuwa river , i was heading to ph.

if i decided to make case with those guys, i will have to be travelling down there every now and then. that would affect my day job. the guy in question was heading to benin, in few minutes his people had reached there, the police had also come threatening to tow both cars to the station. omo i will pay anything to avoid the police, i have never been arrested by them and would not want to even have anything to do with them.

while we were there making the argument of who is right and wrong another car came and knocked us off the ground wounding the infinity guy badly. it was also caused by a trailer and that was enough for me to do whatever it took to leave there as it became obvious that something is after the guy .

i paid police 10k to walk away and let us settle ourselves.
paid towing van 25k each for the 2 cars
and 90k for the infinity repairs.

the infinity guy i learnt was discharged from the hospital a few days after.
village people dey follow the infiniti owner o! :-O

Sorry about the whole incident. I pray you recover strong and move to much more better modern cars. Sudden death shall not be our portion.
Amen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Sorry to hear abt the crash, I have not seen the pics of how bad it was, but there are times a car gets really bad and it will cost too much to put it back together, and its really not adviceable to bother putting it together, just cut your losses and move on(sell as it is). I really hope ur case is not one of those cases, wish you best of luck on your search for a good tech.

i have driven it down to ph and around town on Saturday. the car stereo is not functioning again after the battery head was removed and even the car is not steaming well anymore.

the inner lights came up by itself and have refused to go off so i have removed that battery head again till i get a reliable rewire.

i may wait till i get one sha,some time in the past i almost got burnt because of the poor job from a rewire on my Mitsubishi gallant.i will be careful of who touches anything electrical in my rides .
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 29, 2015
lomomike:

village people dey follow the infiniti owner o! :-O

Sorry about the whole incident. I pray you recover strong and move to much more better modern cars. Sudden death shall not be our portion.
Amen.

Village people really dey track down the infiniti guy, @aguiyi sorry for the crash 125k no be indomie and egg most off all we thank God for the gift of life more will come. So sad the highways have turned to a nightmare with all this trailers causing havoc everywhere. God will continue to guide us.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by zadoc: 4:05pm On Jan 30, 2015
@Klint,any issues wt d car? Reduce ur price bros cos na Abuja u dey na! Can get at a lower price now.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by zadoc: 8:09pm On Jan 30, 2015
Sorry @ Aguiyi,may d Almighty replenish ur pockets n double d N150k u spent due to dt accident! Take heart bro.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by zadoc: 8:12pm On Jan 30, 2015
@Klint,u no respond 2 me na. U deleted ur post (d car pics)! Abi u change ur mind? U no go sell am again?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by klint16: 10:30pm On Jan 30, 2015
zadoc:
@Klint,u no respond 2 me na. U deleted ur post (d car pics)! Abi u change ur mind? U no go sell am again?

My brother Sorry I didn't see your initial post. The price is negotiable. Am selling the car cos am getting the 2006 model.its still serving me and had never stop me on the road. Maybe just because I do my preventive maintenance.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:32am On Jan 31, 2015
Pls who has idea about the cost of c200 MAF , bonnet and fender ?

Am going to Aba this morning to replace those stuffs
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 31, 2015
aguiyi:
Pls who has idea about the cost of c200 MAF , bonnet and fender ?

Am going to Aba this morning to replace those stuffs

Getting a Toks MAF for the w203 isn't a direct fix you would keep trying many till you find a compatible one with your car. And it cost about 8 to 10k for a toks W203 so the w202 should be a lot cheaper than that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.