Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (965062 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 12, 2015
praxisnetworks:
Late as in late on the mb thread sir....

Ahaa! Now I can heave a sigh of relief. He's an encyclopaedia of Knowledge.

By the way, does anyone knows his phone number or email. We need to contact him. Yea him and elecktra81.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
SmartChoices:

Hmmm Oga Mike
Chief na the 'LATE' make me raise the alarm o.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by babatosan: 3:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
So I can assume that its safe to use Total coolant? The one in my radiator is coloured yellow. Can I mix and be safe? I've been diluting with water and its getting pretty pale now.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by praxisnetworks: 8:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
hope you have read the posts above?....

babatosan:
So I can assume that its safe to use Total coolant? The one in my radiator is coloured yellow. Can I mix and be safe? I've been diluting with water and its getting pretty pale now.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
babatosan:
Whatever you decide, do NOT mix different types or colours of coolant. You must perform a complete flush first.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by realy2: 1:09am On Apr 13, 2015
Benz affairs or any other sound mechanic please.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by praxisnetworks: 1:07am On Apr 14, 2015
did you feel you made any sense with that grey matter...?

realy2:
Benz affairs or any other sound mechanic please.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by realy2: 12:54pm On Apr 14, 2015
Mr there is no need to be rude. Manners pls.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dabosuker(m): 1:05am On Apr 16, 2015
benz affairs is in PHC, on your left just before the round about leading to Eliozu flyover , if you coming from Rumuokoro
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by realy2: 8:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
Thanks for response. Im in lagos. Any recommendations as per a reliable mechanic please house.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by realy2: 8:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
Thanks for your response. Im in lagos. Any recommendations as per a reliable mechanic please house.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 17, 2015
skj1377:

try this link type model year one at a time
http://www.carproblemzoo.com/mercedesbenz/c230/2006/
Wise purchase sir
Pls did you bought her via copart/auction export?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TSAT: 7:51am On Apr 20, 2015
Hello MERC gurus on the house, am trying to find where the issue of the C300 2008-2014 was discussed in terms of its Pros and Cons. But couldn't.
Can someone who knows the link,PLS paste for me or alternatively,the gurus give me their advice as am about getting the 2014 C300 4Matic. Need a model I can drive without having sleepless night on SPECIAL repairs outside the usual maintenance that is avoidable by NOT buying that year model.

Tnx in anticipation
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by lungwun(m): 9:12am On Apr 20, 2015
TSAT:
Hello MERC gurus on the house, am trying to find where the issue of the C300 2008-2014 was discussed in terms of its Pros and Cons. But couldn't.
Can someone who knows the link,PLS paste for me or alternatively,the gurus give me their advice as am about getting the 2014 C300 4Matic. Need a model I can drive without having sleepless night on SPECIAL repairs outside the usual maintenance that is avoidable by NOT buying that year model.

Tnx in anticipation

To be completely honest, If you are able to buy a 2014 Model year vehicle, maintenance should NOT be your problem. As i would assume someone who has 6-7m to spend on a car has loads more in his bank account.

If this is not the case, You would be better off with a 2008 model. At least that way, you will have money left over for when things break.

Just my tuppence, YMMV
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:39am On Apr 20, 2015
TSAT:

Tnx in anticipation

The early model of W204 (2008-2010) experienced EIS failures and it is very expensive to repair apart from the delays you will go through before the parts arrive from Germany because programming needs to be done there. The 2014 you intend buying won't give you problems if you are good at maintenance. Good luck.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TSAT: 2:43pm On Apr 20, 2015
Tnx Eyop for your response. Actually my second name is MAINTENANCE ,when it come to vehicles I use☺️☺️. But what and what am I to adhere to apart from the regular servicing??

Tnx again
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 3:43pm On Apr 20, 2015
TSAT:
Tnx Eyop for your response. Actually my second name is MAINTENANCE ,when it come to vehicles I use☺️☺️. But what and what am I to adhere to apart from the regular servicing??

Tnx again

You welcome brother. Good to know you are good at maintenance. Ensure you don't patronise inexperience mechanics and ensure you diagnose any fault before you attempt repairs. Also make use of the recommended engine oil which is 0W-40 synthetic,use OEM parts and Mercedes benz requires premium unleaded fuel but what we have in Nigeria is regular unleaded. So ensure you get a good fuel treatment/Octane booster so you can boost the octane to the required 91RON minimum. If you adhere to the above,you won't have any problems.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TSAT: 4:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
Tnx again.
Kablooee will be the man incharge.
What type of fuel booster/treatment are we talking about and any referral to the seller of the recommended oil? Isn't Mobil 1 having that grade??
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 4:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
TSAT:
Tnx again.
Kablooee will be the man incharge.
What type of fuel booster/treatment are we talking about and any referral to the seller of the recommended oil? Isn't Mobil 1 having that grade??

There are so many octane boosters/fuel treatment in the market. Some members here have attested to XFT so i guess you can use that. Mobil 1 has that grade but the problem is so many Mobil 1 sold here are adulterated.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by unclejb2(m): 5:50pm On Apr 20, 2015
Nice thread. I used to have a MB 190E 2.6 ltr V6. That car as far back as 2000 was the king of the road. No car I ever came across that was in its standard was a match. And no Jap of anything below 2004 was a match.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 20, 2015
unclejb2:
Nice thread. I used to have a MB 190E 2.6 ltr V6. That car as far back as 2000 was the king of the road. No car I ever came across that was in its standard was a match. And no Jap of anything below 2004 was a match.
You have sold it?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 6:47pm On Apr 20, 2015
IHate9ja1:

Wise purchase sir
Pls did you bought her via copart/auction export?

copart
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 6:52pm On Apr 20, 2015
lungwun:

To be completely honest, If you are able to buy a 2014 Model year vehicle, maintenance should NOT be your problem. As i would assume someone who has 6-7m to spend on a car has loads more in his bank account.

If this is not the case, You would be better off with a 2008 model. At least that way, you will have money left over for when things break.

Just my tuppence, YMMV

point of correction 6 to 7 million will not buy 2014 c300, dollar is like $200 besides clearing is 35% of car cost in dollars so you should be talking of 10 million and above.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 6:54pm On Apr 20, 2015
Eyop:

The early model of W204 (2008-2010) experienced EIS failures and it is very expensive to repair apart from the delays you will go through before the parts arrive from Germany because programming needs to be done there. The 2014 you intend buying won't give you problems if you are good at maintenance. Good luck.

yes your correct but it is now just 100k to fix in abuja. the only issue is you will start car manually like a toyota or honda.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:00pm On Apr 20, 2015
skj1377:

point of correction 6 to 7 million will not buy 2014 c300, dollar is like $200 besides clearing is 35% of car cost in dollars so you should be talking of 10 million and above.

You are very correct. 6 to 7 million can only get him a 2009-2011 depending on neatness and mileage.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:01pm On Apr 20, 2015
skj1377:

yes your correct but it is now just 100k to fix in abuja. the only issue is you will start car manually like a toyota or honda.

Meaning the car is not working with factory settings once that is done
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 7:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
TSAT:

Tnx again
well i can help you a bit with what you should adhere to. 1) don't drive the car inside water above the exhaust pipe, just imagine a laptop inside water. 2) the engine oil, usually mobil 1, buy it yourself from USA. Nigerian mobil 1 is four times diluted compared with forte synthetic oil. 3) avoid some kinds of roads called express roads in nigeria example some portions of lagos/ ore express road or kaba to ekiti , okene to akungba akoko, okene to lokoja. let me put it this way take a flight to any part of the country your going to because i dont see any road that will prevent you from buying two tyres and shock absorbers at a go remember the tyres are probaby z rated 17 rims alloy besides the shocks have to be bought new i doubt if it has toks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 7:28pm On Apr 20, 2015
Eyop:

Meaning the car is not working with factory settings once that is done
yes no factory setting but it will save him like 400k. its just that you will hold the key down till the car starts like regular cars.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:37pm On Apr 20, 2015
skj1377:

yes no factory setting but it will save him like 400k. its just that you will hold the key down till the car starts like regular cars.

Okay, but it's better to get between 2011 to 2014 model than 2008 to 2010 that are prone to EIS failures. The only way i can advise one to buy those models(2008 to 2010) is to check the history to know if the previous owner repaired it before he or she decides to buy because that problem usually happen between 50k to 75k miles.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TSAT: 7:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
lungwun:

Just my tuppence, YMMV

@ Lungwun,
didnt say i wasnt capable of maintenance. but just because i can afford to spend that much,doesn't mean i shouldn't find out more about an item(vehicle in this case) to be purchased. abi you want make i spend all my money dey repair wetin i for fit avoid cheesy

@ Eyop
tnx and tnx again for the input.will be in touch for further advice when the keys dey my hand
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:57pm On Apr 20, 2015
TSAT:

@ Lungwun,
didnt say i wasnt capable of maintenance. but just because i can afford to spend that much,doesn't mean i shouldn't find out more about an item(vehicle in this case) to be purchased. abi you want make i spend all my money dey repair wetin i for fit avoid cheesy

@ Eyop
tnx and tnx again for the input.will be in touch for further advice when the keys dey my hand

You welcome once again TSAT. The interior pic of your proposed 2014 C300 4MATIC cheesy cheesy

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 20, 2015
Eyop:

You welcome once again TSAT. The interior pic of your proposed 2014 C300 4MATIC cheesy cheesy

Eyop how you dey

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Jodesky(m), TT20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.