Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,024 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (962829 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by culdalex(m): 1:14pm On May 03, 2015
culdalex:
Nice tread y" all..... am kinda new to d mecedes benz world...but i recently bought a c180.. 97model... runs realy grt... acceleration is superb.. quite heavy too with dis squiking sound wen eva i drive it.... i noticed an allowance in the steering too ..my mec said i sud do the allignment wch i did, but dat didnt solve it.. d allowance is still dere ...pls is dis a general priblem with c class.. or deres somfin i have to change....

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 1:34pm On May 03, 2015
lomomike:

Are all these changes necessary? Gazzuzz, Smartchoices, Eyop, Auhansen et all come see and advice this man pls.
Yes they are the radiator was leaking apparently the driver hit s stub or stone , the tyres are low profile tyres not good for nigerian bad roads finally the shocks are low sports package, need to raise car up alot .
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 03, 2015
skj1377:

Yes they are the radiator was leaking apparently the driver hit s stub or stone , the tyres are low profile tyres not good for nigerian bad roads finally the shocks are low sports package, need to raise car up alot .
Sports shocks are usually firmer than ordinary ones
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 1:41pm On May 03, 2015
SmartChoices:

He's got money to waste or he bought one heap of scrap.....
Car not scrap nor do i have money to waste just needed to change them for better driving ecoerience. Though am not a mechanic but this is my second benz and i know what to replace and for what reasons.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 03, 2015
skj1377:

You're doing that car a whole lot of harm than good. If you can't use a sports tuned car sell it off rather than alter it in a manner that may pose risk to driver, passengers, other cars and pedestrians. Raising the height of a vehicle than the factory ride height might make the CSR become a death trap due to poor driving and handling dynamics. By the way, who told you low profile tyres plus low coilovers aren't good for Nigerian roads? Mind you from the little international travels I've made, I have seen some parts which aren't tarred, I've seen some failed road portions and its not a Nigerian factor.

Abeg if you can't drive that car as it is tuned from the factory, sell it off. A word is enough for he that has ears!

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 03, 2015
SmartChoices:

Sports shocks are usually firmer than ordinary ones

Let him do whatsoever he wishes to do to his car, when it starts handling like keke on high speed round a bend he'll understand better.

Him wan use his benz and his salary to make basket.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 1:53pm On May 03, 2015
I did not add , the milage is 101k original american milage with clean title. Engine is superb ,silent . After servicing ac is cold transmission shift is seamless and no alarms on ecu after scanning. Surround sound system is bad ass,headlamps zenon. The best part of this is i drove the car from ladipo to iju with 4 ltrs fuel and ac working and niddle below worning light.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 03, 2015
skj1377:

Car not scrap nor do i have money to waste just needed to change them for better driving ecoerience. Though am not a mechanic but this is my second benz and i know what to replace and for what reasons.
Enjoy bro as long as you know what you doing
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 03, 2015
skj1377:

Call ik to recommend someone in ladipo 08035526570 remember To check for reworked shocks and shocks with broken rubber seal or no rubber seal they are tell tale signes of reworked shocks also make sure no air inside shock when you buy them

Thank you very much
We are thinking of buying the part from Mercedes Benz and shipping it down to Nigeria
What we need is someone who actially knows what they are doing to fix it

The engine also cuts out at least once on every journey
We have replaced the fuel filter twice
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 03, 2015
culdalex:

Get a Mech to carry out a physical examination a lot of things can be responsible for a play in the front wheels
Ranging from low arm....non alignment.... Etc
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 4:39pm On May 03, 2015
tearoses:

Thank you very much
We are thinking of buying the part from Mercedes Benz and shipping it down to Nigeria
What we need is someone who actially knows what they are doing to fix it

The engine also cuts out at least once on every journey
We have replaced the fuel filter twice
Call him or take car to him he has all the best hands in ladipo just that you might need to book ahead shock replacement is 3 k and it takes only ten mins
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 03, 2015
skj1377:

Call him or take car to him he has all the best hands in ladipo just that you might need to book ahead shock replacement is 3 k and it takes only ten mins

Thank you
From what I understand this model does not use normal shock absorbers but a hydraulic suspension system
The car comes with a "car too low" warning sign on the dashboard
and from time to time the car doesnt rise to its normal height on one side.

We will call the man
Thank you
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:53pm On May 03, 2015
Skj1377 please keep ALL your old parts.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 03, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Tell him why o or else he might not listen to you
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 03, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Why ke? Skj please I need all em parts for good money....only madmen keep discarded items!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 8:40pm On May 03, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Yes i keep old parts , i have a parts dump at back of my house i dont like the idea though but what i do is i sell the car with all the used and spare parts. Its one of my strong selling points when i want to get rid of the car. The buyer sees a car with plenty parts in boot and feels the car is well maintained.
But in the case of this benz the radiator has a physical damage . The tyres are useless i sold them all 4 k. When i change the shocks 4 8k i will keep the old shocks,Am thinking of importing shocks at 6 5k from usa. I changed ac gas and added compressor oil. I use forte oil synthetic to service the car its 4 times better than mobil 1 accordin g to my calculation using my cars computer.
If you see the pic you will see the radiator at the back seat.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:44pm On May 03, 2015
skj1377:

Yes i keep old parts , i have a parts dump at back of my house i dont like the idea though but what i do is i sell the car with all the used and spare parts. Its one of my strong selling points when i want to get rid of the car. The buyer sees a car with plenty parts in boot and feels the car is well maintained.
But in the case of this benz the radiator has a physical damage . The tyres are useless i sold them all 4 k. When i change the shocks 4 8k i will keep the old shocks,Am thinking of importing shocks at 6 5k from usa. I changed ac gas and added compressor oil. I use forte oil synthetic to service the car its 4 times better than mobil 1 accordin g to my calculation using my cars computer.
If you see the pic you will see the radiator at the back seat.

Does your cars computer calculate oil grade and viscousity?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 03, 2015
tearoses:
Please can anyone recommend a good mercedes benz mechanic in Lagos please
The air suspension needs replacing

Code Red Technology
Beside Italian Kitchens Oworo before Ogudu if you're coming from the island.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 03, 2015
skj1377:
2007 Model c230 just arrived after one month clearing in seme

Nice one.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BarrackObamer: 12:22am On May 04, 2015
Had concluded on buying a Toyota Camry 2003 next month but when I mentioned it to a close friend he would hear none of it but wants me to go for a mercedes c class 2003 instead. I feel he is biased cos he owns a mercedes. Really I know very little about cars and there's safety in the multitude of councels. PLEASE your advice will really be appreciated. Thank on anticipation.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:22am On May 04, 2015
cne010:

Code Red Technology
Beside Italian Kitchens Oworo before Ogudu if you're coming from the island.

Thank you very much
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:06am On May 04, 2015
BarrackObamer:
Had concluded on buying a Toyota Camry 2003 next month but when I mentioned it to a close friend he would hear none of it but wants me to go for a mercedes c class 2003 instead. I feel he is biased cos he owns a mercedes. Really I know very little about cars and there's safety in the multitude of councels. PLEASE your advice will really be appreciated. Thank on anticipation.

Your friend is really biased since you have little knowledge about cars, benz is for those that take driving seriously and have a thing for German engineering and really have the time to take care of them. You also know little about cars so the chances of even running the VIN and making sure you buy a very good one is also slim.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chucky234(m): 11:21am On May 04, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Bro can you get me wheel speed sensors for a 2004 C240 ? I want them delivered to a customer of mine, thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:03pm On May 04, 2015
chucky234:
Bro can you get me wheel speed sensors for a 2004 C240 ? I want them delivered to a customer of mine, thanks.
. 08033910382 whatsapp
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:56pm On May 05, 2015
skj1377:
Changed radiator and battery need to change shocks from sports to normal changed all four tyre serviced ac car good to go

What i'm i seeing ..but why do you have to change the sport shocks that many of us are dyeing for, why nna? Do you know that many can bet their testicle for it?

You would have altered the perfect sporty balancing of the car and the sporty beauty we like to see but may now make your car resemble some kind of antelope.
Let me beg you to retain the sport shocks and sport tyres, if they came with that. It plunge some outstanding beauty,especially if you match with low profile tyres with some beautiful rims.. you need to see ma Benz

Also, be careful what you are doing with the electricals of that car, dont mean any offense. If you may have to change battery , make sure you are giving it same or higher capacity battery if the one there is bad.

if i may ask , why do you want to change the radiator?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 1:05pm On May 05, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

I offered you a free scan which you didn't take advantage of, I'm still wondering why?

P.s it just expired. https://www.nairaland.com/2282823/clk-230-kompressor-wont-rev

Oh that was nice of you Gazzuzz. Pls offer him again, God bless you
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 1:10pm On May 05, 2015
BarrackObamer:

If you never dreamt of a Benz, pls dont go there, because it may end up a misplaced priority. But the truth remains that once you drive Benz and explore it to the fullest you will never want to backout again no matter how little or big it could be.

Ask yourself first what you really want in a car , then come back to us with that answer then we could chose a car for you?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 7:33pm On May 05, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

yes my s430 does using c3 scanner it might not be exactly viscosity and oil grade the way you think but its more like oil quality on scale of 1 to 9 or 14 then a threshold value as well as the calibrated value of the current oil quality inside . Also, on long journeys and fast driving for like 12 hours it might advice you to change oil,i think there are some sensors and algorithms programmed on the ecu that actually calculates oil quality.
In the case of mobil 1 my car starts indicating change oil after driving 4000km within two and half months only, secondly if i drive say at 215km/h for a few mins it starts indicating change oil even though i changed oil two days ago. luckily with forte oil synthetic i have not experienced any of the above under the same driving condition hence my conclusion.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 7:58pm On May 05, 2015
auhanson:

What i'm i seeing ..but why do you have to change the sport shocks that many of us are dyeing for, why nna? Do you know that many can bet their testicle for it?

You would have altered the perfect sporty balancing of the car and the sporty beauty we like to see but may now make your car resemble some kind of antelope.
Let me beg you to retain the sport shocks and sport tyres, if they came with that. It plunge some outstanding beauty,especially if you match with low profile tyres with some beautiful rims.. you need to see ma Benz

Also, be careful what you are doing with the electricals of that car, dont mean any offense. If you may have to change battery , make sure you are giving it same or higher capacity battery if the one there is bad.

if i may ask , why do you want to change the radiator?

yes i agree with you like you read my mind i just changed the front shocks and the car looks like an "antelope" and thats because i have not changed the back shocks yet,I plan to change the back shocks next by then it should look more like a "vixen".
yes i agree the car does not look sporty any longer infact i changed the drive mode from sports to comfort that has put paid to its sportiness as the car will not only start from gear two but it would change gears earlier, the car actually drives like a normal honda or toyota now but i bet its faster than both.
why i changed the radiator is because the radiator was leaking and i would rather change it than repair it. The clearing guy told me it was leaking while the car was still in seme border and that he met it leaking so i sent him money for another one, when i finally saw the car i noticed that the car must have impacted on a stone or a stub as not only the radiator was bent but also the condenser and part of the drier luckily only the radiator was punctured. The car was very sporty then and very beautiful but now it looks normal.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:35pm On May 05, 2015
skj1377:

yes my s430 does using c3 scanner it might not be exactly viscosity and oil grade the way you think but its more like oil quality on scale of 1 to 9 or 14 then a threshold value as well as the calibrated value of the current oil quality inside . Also, on long journeys and fast driving for like 12 hours it might advice you to change oil,i think there are some sensors and algorithms programmed on the ecu that actually calculates oil quality.
In the case of mobil 1 my car starts indicating change oil after driving 4000km within two and half months only, secondly if i drive say at 215km/h for a few mins it starts indicating change oil even though i changed oil two days ago. luckily with forte oil synthetic i have not experienced any of the above under the same driving condition hence my conclusion.

What type of mobil 1? 0w40? What of forte oil?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sashx(m): 9:00pm On May 06, 2015
Hello Forumites, changed my front shock absorbers, rear ball joints,rear tyre rod and also front stabilizers. Also changed my power steering pack. Traveling from Kaduna to Kano, my benz c180 keeps showing ESP error. Please visit workshop. I did wheel balancing nd alignment, gauged my tyres thinking the prob is frm there but the error still persist. Kindly advise please.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 3:58pm On May 07, 2015
Good day house, am having issues with a w203 2003 c class, the left wheel locks for about a second when driving n the instrument cluster flashes ESP, it scared the he'll out of me the first time it did it. Please does anyone know what could possibly cause it n how it can be taken care if? Thank u in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Manuella4ace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.