Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (965154 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dabosuker(m): 2:23am On May 17, 2015
whenever you looking to buy a Benz, its safe to always go for the later models of a particular generation (W...), because those later models are were a lot of the mistakes or shortcomings of that particular generation (W...) have been corrected , plus the later editions have mostly been face lifted , more classy & upgraded . the earlier models of a particular generation (w..) do some times come with a whole lot of issues or shortcomings, it is expected since they are the trial/experimental models of a particular generation (W..).

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by realy2: 9:04am On May 17, 2015
Hello guys. I wish to be added to the benz family group on whatsap. Can someone pls add me up. 08184543735. Cheers
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 12:17pm On May 17, 2015
auhanson:

Just reply your PM. I'm open to you
OK, it's about star scanner n other scanners in general. Knowing a good n affordable one. Was trying to see if u can help out.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BarrackObamer: 8:38pm On May 17, 2015
auhanson:

My Brother, i beg you to go for the late model if you wish to enjoy reliability like Furrylow. I dont want you to come complaining of reliability 2moro. I dont know how to blow the sermon than this. Though 2003 is a bit better than 2001/2002. If you are short in cash, you wouldn't regret the 2000 model kompressor. It's bomb.

As for kompressor, its no more an issue to worry about presently in Naija than the early model. It's a very cheap fix, and it doesn't happen as you may fear. I have a good number of friends who owns this ride.

Quite an education. Now I gerr it. Didn't really understand what you meant by late model (am kind of naive when it comes to these issues). Thanks for taking out time to explain it to me. Is a 2004 c230 considered a late model? Im still keeping the 2000 model kompressor in view, just that I don't like look of that generation.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BarrackObamer: 8:46pm On May 17, 2015
dabosuker:
whenever you looking to buy a Benz, its safe to always go for the later models of a particular generation (W...), because those later models are were a lot of the mistakes or shortcomings of that particular generation (W...) have been corrected , plus the later editions have mostly been face lifted , more classy & upgraded . the earlier models of a particular generation (w..) do some times come with a whole lot of issues or shortcomings, it is expected since they are the trial/experimental models of a particular generation (W..).

K. Noted. Thanks so much. No wonder the good book says there is safety in the multitude of councel.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 9:57pm On May 17, 2015
BarrackObamer:

Quite an education. Now I gerr it. Didn't really understand what you meant by late model (am kind of naive when it comes to these issues). Thanks for taking out time to explain it to me. Is a 2004 c230 considered a late model? Im still keeping the 2000 model kompressor in view, just that I don't like look of that generation.

No worries. It's ok , i thought as much, its allowed. I myself have been looking for whatever simpler language to use in order to pass the message across, i'm glad you get it.

I always want the best of life for anybody who can afford it. Sure, 2004 is really good, 2005 is better, but 2006 is perfect.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 10:56pm On May 17, 2015
leTrizzle:

OK, it's about star scanner n other scanners in general. Knowing a good n affordable one. Was trying to see if u can help out.
My Brother, don't go there except you want to open a commercial garage for Benz. Original star scanner set(its a pc sets)cost about 5,000 dollars. Though there are many fake ones(imitation) that would not be able to get license from star database for the regular updates

It pays off to take your car for scanning if its a transmission or engine problem, but outside that you can manage all these cheap maxi scanner that china afford us with.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ladipodeal: 9:09am On May 18, 2015
I own a I999 W202 CDI and presently having some problems. The brake wear , and brake light comes on occasionally on the dash board and speedometer stops working immediately. The truck release by the driver stops working except engine is turn off.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:22pm On May 18, 2015
Ladipodeal:
I own a I999 W202 CDI and presently having some problems. The brake wear , and brake light comes on occasionally on the dash board and speedometer stops working immediately. The truck release by the driver stops working except engine is turn off.

From experience, when i had a similar issue with my car, when i changed the OVP everything became normal; the speedometer started working fine; my Abs stops that occasional appearance too.

Bottom line is that things like this is always good at on-spot diagnose. So scan first, before you know which of the electrical device to either clean/change, or even unplug and plug back...Though i didn't need to scan mine cos i have my car in my finger tips and my car knows me and listen to me too because of the love i showers on her.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 3:57pm On May 18, 2015
auhanson:

My Brother, don't go there except you want to open a commercial garage for Benz. Original star scanner set(its a pc sets)cost about 5,000 dollars. Though there are many fake ones(imitation) that would not be able to get license from star database for the regular updates

It pays off to take your car for scanning if its a transmission or engine problem, but outside that you can manage all these cheap maxi scanner that china afford us with.
Sir, any suggestions?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tuco02: 5:31pm On May 18, 2015
auhanson:

You are welcome. My brother, Benz will spoil you if you pick or make a good one, its liken to marrying a beautiful loaded lady.. you know what i'm talking about cheesy...

That is why i emphasize to avoid the earlier(experimental) models and go for[i] facelifted ones(late models)[/i] , if you want to enjoy reliability,aesthetics and have it all:

For w202- 97,98,2000 models
For w203- 2004,2005,2006 models
For w204- 20011,2012,2013 and 2014 models

Here, all built in experimental errors due to luxury must have been observed and corrected. When you here people talk about dependability, its always here. Infact, recently from 2012 up Benz has been on the deck to wipe away all dependability issues that often got associated with such luxury brand. They have been up and doing, so don't entertain any fear.

For those who already bought the earlier models, non face-lifted models(non late-models) , dont panic, when swapping parts , swap with facelifted spares, it will go a long way to make your earlier model Benz dependable
Good luck.

Absolutely spot on!!!! i have been using my w203 2005 c240 for about a year and half now after switching from toyota, and i must say i dont think i will ever use another ride aside a mercedes benz!!!! so sweet..comfort on the road is superb. am in love with the car
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by geelord(m): 10:22am On May 19, 2015
yungboss:
trac/kuntash/siena and co,
how good is the Merc CLK 430? Wanted to purchase it before i got my 323ci, but the price was a tick away from what i could afford (it just had to be one in a first-rate condition)... and also i got my eyes on the BMW. But i stil cherish it and hope to own it some day...
Its a V8, how's the performance and handling compared to the W203?

My Benz key stater refused to turn...wht do u think is wrong?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BarrackObamer: 2:17pm On May 19, 2015
auhanson:

No worries. It's ok , i thought as much, its allowed. I myself have been looking for whatever simpler language to use in order to pass the message across, i'm glad you get it.

I always want the best of life for anybody who can afford it. Sure, 2004 is really good, 2005 is better, but 2006 is perfect.

Gracias bro!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:07am On May 20, 2015
tuco02:

Absolutely spot on!!!! i have been using my w203 2005 c240 for about a year and half now after switching from toyota, and i must say i dont think i will ever use another ride aside a mercedes benz!!!! so sweet..comfort on the road is superb. am in love with the car

Benz is always build to sophistication, no matter what haters may say. When you drive Benz , you are driving a sophisticated engineered machine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih-Ia7oIqZM
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by themodernman: 3:04am On May 22, 2015
skj1377:
2007 Model c230 just arrived after one month clearing in seme .
Cost of clearing 5 00k as agaist 8 00k at lagos port. Worth the wait.

You sure you got original papers? Introduce me to your clearing agent.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by themodernman: 3:16am On May 22, 2015
skj1377:

point of correction 6 to 7 million will not buy 2014 c300, dollar is like $200 besides clearing is 35% of car cost in dollars so you should be talking of 10 million and above.

35% of the car cost I tot there are fixed duties for particular rides irrespective of how much you bought them.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Spydamannn(m): 10:32am On May 22, 2015
Hello MB fam,I took my time to read everything,90 pages and it was fun. I would be getting my first Benz car in a few weeks time and my budget is 1.7m,I would want something C class or 4matic...pls fam I would need your candid advice.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 1:40am On May 27, 2015
themodernman:

You sure you got original papers? Introduce me to your clearing agent.

yep send me pm will send his number
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 1:43am On May 27, 2015
themodernman:

35% of the car cost I tot there are fixed duties for particular rides irrespective of how much you bought them.

yes in most cases your right but it also depends on the classification of the car luxury is more than 35%.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Falconblue: 11:29am On May 27, 2015
Hello everyone can someone please refer me to a good Benz mechanic in abuja.... Who is fair price wise and knows the job
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by qeemus: 1:19pm On May 27, 2015
Hello guys,I'm about to buy a nigerian used benz ml 320,2003 model.I will like to know if this model is cost effective maintenance wise.Any particular problesm associated with this model?Thanks

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 4:39pm On May 27, 2015
Falconblue:
Hello everyone can someone please refer me to a good Benz mechanic in abuja.... Who is fair price wise and knows the job

08023154726 akilapa he is at apo mech village
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 5:04pm On May 27, 2015
qeemus:
Hello guys,I'm about to buy a nigerian used benz ml 320,2003 model.I will like to know if this model is cost effective maintenance wise.Any particular problesm associated with this model?Thanks

please save your money and buy used from overseas. There is nothing like cost effective in a nigerian used jeep my advice.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by edward1984(m): 5:05pm On May 27, 2015
qeemus:

order one from US or EU
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Falconblue: 2:42pm On May 28, 2015
skj1377:

08023154726 akilapa he is at apo mech village

Thank you!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BarrackObamer: 9:42pm On May 28, 2015
Hi NLs please I need reliable information on Mercedes C class 2006 C280 4matic. Am in the process of obtaining one but '4matic' kind of sounds like 'problematic' to. Just want to know if there specific issues associated with this brand.

(I don't know why my previous post was deleted. My sincere appologies if it broke the rules. Just thought I could show appreciation to someone who has been helpful to me on this page in the past)
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by edward1984(m): 9:56pm On May 28, 2015
BarrackObamer:
Hi NLs please I need reliable information on Mercedes C class 2006 C280 4matic. Am in the process of obtaining one but '4matic' kind of sounds like 'problematic' to. Just want to know if there specific issues associated with this brand.

(I don't know why my previous post was deleted. My sincere appologies if it broke the rules. Just thought I could show appreciation to someone who has been helpful to me on this page in the past)

Yeah I noticed your post was deleted,, I replied you earlier,, this exact model is very nice,, safety and comfort,, I guess the spare parts are pretty expensive.. I advice you get one from overseas.. but for sure you will enjoy it if you finally get one .. good luck
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by bobo9ice: 11:30pm On May 28, 2015
realy2:
Hello guys. I wish to be added to the benz family group on whatsap. Can someone pls add me up. 08184543735. Cheers

Same here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.