Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Choose Having A Life - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Choose Having A Life (1061 Views)

Having A Challenge In C# / IQ And Programming... Does Having A High IQ Make You A Better Programmer? / Having A Real Time Conversation On NL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Choose Having A Life by boraddo(m): 3:06pm On May 04, 2007
Here's a very nice article i stumbles on
http://elver.cellosoft.com/2005/10/11/choose-life-choose-having-a-life/

here are some excerts

There are a few big companies that offer very boring jobs. The kind of jobs where you basically do what you’re told and what you’re told is very detailed. The management finds a client. The client has a problem. The analyst tells you exactly what the code should look like, sometimes down to the names of the variables. And then you code. There’s no creativity involved, no thinking, no choices to be made.

Software development should be fun. There are deadlines to meet and sometimes clients to please, but it should not be a full day job where you only sit and code whatever the analyst tells you to code. I do not want to take orders, I want to either take problems or find the problems myself, and then crank out solutions.

(1) (Reply)

Work Me Through Plz / Turning My Laptop Into An Sms Gateway / Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.