Stats: 3,148,455 members, 7,801,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Telecommunication Tariffs Are Still Too Expensive In Nigeria! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telecommunication Tariffs Are Still Too Expensive In Nigeria! (1323 Views)

Spectranet Increases Tariffs / Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 / MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

Telecommunication Tariffs Are Still Too Expensive In Nigeria! by flyndolphin(m): 8:56pm On Sep 25, 2010
Nigerians seem to have accepted the exhorbitant rates they still pay to make calls, send texts and browse on their phones. I stand to be corrected but I think MTN, GLO, Zain and other networks are still extorting Nigerians. Their annual net profits are always in hundreds of millions at the expense of poor Nigerians! This forum has been created for you Nigerian to have your say, or spit out your fire. Thank you
Re: Telecommunication Tariffs Are Still Too Expensive In Nigeria! by govano(m): 11:27pm On Sep 25, 2010
Glo to any network now is 15naira per 1min.ie 25kobo a second isn't it cheap?no additional charges attached,justmigrate free of charges
Re: Telecommunication Tariffs Are Still Too Expensive In Nigeria! by gbengapro: 5:13am On Sep 26, 2010
yes wink
Re: Telecommunication Tariffs Are Still Too Expensive In Nigeria! by ITbomb(m): 7:44am On Sep 26, 2010
@OP stop using or 'being used by' mtn. calls are so cheap now on etisalat and glo
Re: Telecommunication Tariffs Are Still Too Expensive In Nigeria! by frgy1: 9:02am On Sep 26, 2010
@all: the op is right, compeared to other contries, even under developed ones, our rates are stil xpensive esp internet.yes glo nd eti are cheaper, but glo is only in 24 states while etisalat charges 20 naira rental. No doubt MTN is the bigest shylock in d whole world. its all coming down anyway. Lets wait nd see
Re: Telecommunication Tariffs Are Still Too Expensive In Nigeria! by adamushaibu(m): 11:07am On Sep 26, 2010
Good day my people,
understand that Glo porfit is the best deal available because
the only string attached to it is that u must use N150 daily to enjoy 25k per sec.

others will charge u daily or in the case of zain u must use up 300 naira daily to enjoy 25k per sec.
Re: Telecommunication Tariffs Are Still Too Expensive In Nigeria! by frgy1: 11:13am On Sep 26, 2010
^^ ^ and why will i wana do that? Wen i can call @ 25kps withoup havin to use 150 per day on the same glo network, or get the same rate from etisalat by paying N20 daily rental.
Re: Telecommunication Tariffs Are Still Too Expensive In Nigeria! by Bossman(m): 2:46am On Sep 27, 2010
Yes. Compared to developed countries, the costs are still quite high. However, they will keep coming down. Let's face it, mobile telecommunications has really just recently picked up in Naija, compared to developed countries. While still quite high, the rates have come down significantly compared to when mobile communication first started to pick up about 8 years ago or do.
Re: Telecommunication Tariffs Are Still Too Expensive In Nigeria! by flyndolphin(m): 6:21pm On Sep 29, 2010
As for me o, I dont see anything wrong with N10 per minute, and MTN has to pay for cheating Nigerians when they first launched their business with about N65 per minute!
Re: Telecommunication Tariffs Are Still Too Expensive In Nigeria! by frgy1: 8:07pm On Sep 29, 2010
^^^ guy cool down naa, no be 50 naira per minute dem cary start? No add more to their already grievous crimes
Re: Telecommunication Tariffs Are Still Too Expensive In Nigeria! by WackyJ1(m): 7:12pm On Sep 30, 2010
frgy_:

^^^ guy cool down naa, no be 50 naira per minute dem cary start? No add more to their already grievous crimes
lolz

The browsing rates are still too high even though the call rates are comming down. Imagine #10000 a month for just 3gb
Re: Telecommunication Tariffs Are Still Too Expensive In Nigeria! by honsule(m): 3:00am On Oct 01, 2010
Esp in the area of Internet.The restriction of 3G and the charges are still exorbitant
Re: Telecommunication Tariffs Are Still Too Expensive In Nigeria! by Mobinga: 6:21am On Oct 01, 2010
I still shake my head whenever I see N10,000 for 3GB. Very atrocious angry and the useless NCC cannot do anything 'bout it
Re: Telecommunication Tariffs Are Still Too Expensive In Nigeria! by Daddi: 7:10pm On Oct 04, 2010
Hi
I can't understand the glo infinito rate of 0.25k/sec.
I've dialled the *103*1*1# migration code and they're still charging me 0.60k/sec to other networks and 0.30k to glo nos
There 121 or 500 contacts are no working can somene help me?

Pls I cant wait to hear from you.
Re: Telecommunication Tariffs Are Still Too Expensive In Nigeria! by frgy1: 9:48pm On Oct 04, 2010
^^^are you in one of the 24 states where the pakage works? It's not nationwide yet u know. The whole south west is left out except ekiti state
Re: Telecommunication Tariffs Are Still Too Expensive In Nigeria! by Daddi: 10:34am On Oct 05, 2010
am in Enugu
Re: Telecommunication Tariffs Are Still Too Expensive In Nigeria! by houvest: 7:05pm On Oct 06, 2010
hope it
Daddi:

am in Enugu
Hope it is not a glo hoax

E51 Bluetooth Problem / Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Or Google Nexus 10? / Is MTN Giving Out Free Browsing To Its Subscribers?